PDA

View Full Version : Soul Calibur 2! Anyone got it...

polishedweasel
Aug 30, 2003, 01:22 AM
I do! I do! I do! I do!

Anyway, how far have you gotten and on what console do you have it on.

I beat every mission in both modes of Weapon master, beat the game with every character, and have nearly all the weapons in the game(excluding a few of the joke weapons)

I have to say that it's a great game, I saw a few visual bugs, but nothing worth crying about...I got it for the Xbox, and Spawn, is the shiznit.

Well, I guess I should be going now, I gots a SC2 Tourney in the morning. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Enyalis_Cho
Aug 30, 2003, 01:45 AM
I haven't had a chance to play it yet, but I will as soon as Duo-chan gets it for his gamecube. He wants to play as Link really bad.

BogusKun
Aug 30, 2003, 02:02 AM
I got it I'm weapon mastering right now... Got a Broom for Kilik

Dbc
Aug 30, 2003, 02:08 AM
I'm getting it tommrow For xbox, all the reviews I have seen so far are great, i'm looking foward to playing this game.

polishedweasel
Aug 30, 2003, 02:32 AM
How'd you get the broom?

I got some sort of fake bamboo rod..it makes a hollow pop when I hit the opponent, I know that Seung Mina has a broom...and

DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO GET LIZARDMAN?

I got all the chars but him, and I'm beginning to think that you don't get him.. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Captain_Dude
Aug 30, 2003, 02:33 AM
*Waaaaaants*

*Refuses to spend money*

*cries*

BogusKun
Aug 30, 2003, 02:57 AM
Master all weapons mode for every character and there you go he should be the middle very bottom character

_Sinue_
Aug 30, 2003, 05:54 AM
I got it today along with shiney new Xbox. It's good, but it seems sluggish compaired to the Dreamcast's SC1. I really didn't get a chance to play it much.. beat it with like 4 different characters and twice with Taki. She's not nearly as responsive and I have trouble pulling off some of her combos like I used to.

I would have liked to have gotten Link instead of Spawn - but the NGC pad is just horrible for fighters. Ah well.

I'll play it again when I have more time, but I've also got Typing of the Dead, PanzerDragoon Orta, ToeJam & Earl III, JSRF, SegaGT2000, and Halo to dig into.

So far, ToeJam & Earl III is my favorite out of the bunch.

ABDUR101
Aug 30, 2003, 10:15 AM
I think alot of people would have been happy for a SC being remade for the newer systems, but all of the extra content and features are a nice icing on the cake.

Although I have to look and see if I can change the voices to japanese, because the english voices tend to get on my nerves. >_<

OmegaLoser
Aug 30, 2003, 10:22 AM
On 2003-08-30 03:54, _Sinue_ wrote:

I'll play it again when I have more time, but I've also got Typing of the Dead, PanzerDragoon Orta, ToeJam & Earl III, JSRF, SegaGT2000, and Halo to dig into.

So far, ToeJam & Earl III is my favorite out of the bunch.

wow, all those games at one shot. thats a lot of cash. TJ&E3 is your fav. woah, i would have picked JSRF or HALO. but i guess we just have different tastes in games. HALO with LAN connections is the sh*t though.

Richard
Aug 30, 2003, 10:56 AM
On 2003-08-30 00:32, polishedweasel wrote:

Beat all 4 Stages of Subchapter 2 on Extra Mission.

polishedweasel
Aug 30, 2003, 11:04 AM
On 2003-08-30 08:56, Richard wrote:

I beat every mission already....EVERY MISSION!

DarkWolf
Aug 30, 2003, 11:24 AM
I got it for the GC, and Link rocks! And yes, they do have the Japanese voices (although Yoshimitsu's voices in both languages does not do him justice).

Moo2u
Aug 30, 2003, 11:30 AM
On 2003-08-30 09:24, DarkWolf wrote:
I got it for the GC, and Link rocks! And yes, they do have the Japanese voices (although Yoshimitsu's voices in both languages does not do him justice).

I don't know, I always like it when Yoshimitsu says, "I wil assist your suiside."

Oh Yoshimitsu! What will you do next?

Richard
Aug 30, 2003, 11:53 AM
On 2003-08-30 09:04, polishedweasel wrote:

On 2003-08-30 08:56, Richard wrote:

I beat every mission already....EVERY MISSION!

Obviously not. Otherwise you would have Lizardman.

ABDUR101
Aug 30, 2003, 11:56 AM
I doddled off into the Options menu and yeah, thankfully it has the option for Japanese voice-overs. Very nice. =D

I rather like Weapons Master mode, keeps a nice pace.

EliteDragoon
Aug 30, 2003, 11:59 AM
XBOX

I finished the game the day i got it

_Sinue_
Aug 30, 2003, 02:20 PM
wow, all those games at one shot. thats a lot of cash. TJ&E3 is your fav. woah, i would have picked JSRF or HALO. but i guess we just have different tastes in games. HALO with LAN connections is the sh*t though.

Heh, actually I only plunked down about $300 for the whole package. Xbox and all. TJ&EIII is my fave really because, well it's a damn good game, and everytime I load it up I get the feeling of being 12 years old sittin at my cousin's house laughing at the screen and fighting him for the controller. The whole game just reeks of old school.. you sometimes forget you're playing a next gen game.

AUTO_
Aug 30, 2003, 03:42 PM
I'm diggin SC2 right now, it's serving as a great "break-time" game inbetween PSO.

Kileek is still my main homie...even if I'm not best with him http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Btw...

Have any of you tried the game yet on the hardest difficulty?!?! As nicely as I can say this:

I.Got.F$#)(@_.Owned.Hardcore

Inu_Ranma
Aug 30, 2003, 04:13 PM
Gamecube version. Addicted. *Drool*

Tsukishima-Ruriko
Aug 31, 2003, 12:06 AM
Have the GC version. ^_^

Slowly plowing through the Extra missions in Weapon Master mode. Using Link, Mina, Talim, and Nightmare the most.

Inu_Ranma
Aug 31, 2003, 01:05 AM
I like Ivy ^_^

TR3NT
Aug 31, 2003, 01:32 AM
After walking back and forth in the game store for 3 hours, I decided to get the GC version over the XBOX. I have discovered the universal truth...

Link pwns all.

Btw, does anyone actually have the PS2 version? Everyone I've spoken got either the GC or XBOX version, but not a soul has proclaimed the PS2 SC2 as thier own.

Inu_Ranma
Aug 31, 2003, 01:39 AM
THat's 'cause Heihachi sucks ^_^

I like Link and everything, but he's kinda cheap as a character. Throwing bombs at the NPC's and watching them fly way up in the air is incredibly entertaining, as is shooting them full of arrows before they can even get an attack off. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

mystic_knight
Aug 31, 2003, 02:33 AM
To open up Lizard man: Complete all missions. Recieve the rank of AT LEAST 72: Iron Edgemaster. Go to Chapter 4 Stage 3, play the extra mission, and subchapter 2 will appear. Beat all 8 missions and you will recieve Lizard man....who sucks...

I got mine for Gamecube. I've gotten all the weapons and costumes already. My favorite character is Cevantes. I can easily take off half a life bar on an unsuspecting opponent. I also like using Link, Astaroth, and Taki. I rule you all!

ABDUR101
Aug 31, 2003, 08:09 AM
I've always been a fan of Nightmare. So far he's been my main character through Weapon Master mode.

Mitsurugi as well, along with Yunsung. Yoshimitsu, I used to like playing as him on the DC version, but haven't really gotten into that style yet.

Great fun though. =)

Cannibal-Snowman
Aug 31, 2003, 08:15 AM
I don't have the game, but I've played the demo plenty of times. I'm gonna get the Gamecube version (because I only have a Gamecube), but I want the Xbox one because it has Spawn. People who have played the Xbox version: Is Spawn any good?

DarkWolf
Aug 31, 2003, 09:26 AM
My favorite characters are Link, Ivy (I can take a whole life bar out with her in two quick and easy combos), and Yoshimitsu (who I think is absolutely hilarious).

ABDUR101
Aug 31, 2003, 04:57 PM
After playing and beating the game with Spawn, I have to say that yes, he is an ok character. He can be quite quick with his attacks, he has some good moves that I've seen. I'm not exactly a good judge on it, but he's enjoyable never the less.

Deathscythealpha
Aug 31, 2003, 05:22 PM
There is no justice in this world. The UK release for SC2 is the 24th of september...10 days after i leave for University! That means i cant kick any of my mates ass' at the game, and i so wanted another rematch with Kizaragu. And ive still got the problem of deciding which console to get the game on...

Oh, and can anyone tell me where SC2 is running story wise? Is it set after SC2 or is it just a remake of SC1? Theres alot of characters who died in SC1 returning in SC2, and i want to know how they got around that. Oh, and are there ending movies this time around aswell or just a slide show.

Inu_Ranma
Aug 31, 2003, 05:22 PM
That's what's important, though, eh? So long as he's fun! Eye-candy's probably pretty nice for Spawn too. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

ABDUR101
Aug 31, 2003, 05:31 PM
I haven't seen any ending movies for the characters I've beat the game with so far, just the nice slide shows that were in Soul Calibur on the DC.

And yeah, Spawn has some nice eye candy, but all of the graphics are grabbing at my eyes when I play. Spawn does stand out abit with his shading effects.

_xX_Frosty_Xx_
Aug 31, 2003, 11:29 PM
My main char is Voldo. Since I got this game, that's the only char I've been playing o.O;. I have alot of work to do though; mystic_knight handed me my ass! But before him, it was Yunsung (whom I manage to win with most of the time).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: _xX_Frosty_Xx_ on 2003-08-31 21:30 ]</font>

mystic_knight
Sep 1, 2003, 12:29 AM
On 2003-08-31 21:29, _xX_Frosty_Xx_ wrote:
My main char is Voldo. Since I got this game, that's the only char I've been playing o.O;. I have alot of work to do though; mystic_knight handed me my ass! But before him, it was Yunsung (whom I manage to win with most of the time).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: _xX_Frosty_Xx_ on 2003-08-31 21:30 ]</font>

Ha ha! I did!

SC2 takes place 4 years after SC1. And story wise, go to www.soulcalibur.com and go to the history section. It explains almost every (none of the console characters are there) characters background and how they came to this game.

polishedweasel
Sep 1, 2003, 12:41 AM
Meh...well, I haven't tried to play SC2 Since I won the tourney I played in yesterday...I been playin PSO surprisingly...Now I'm up to lv 149...anyway, I beleive that I'm at least an Iron Edgemaster...my Xbox is downstairs and I don't feel like looking....so I have to do that chapter again??? No biggie I'll finish it tomorrow since I don't work.

MY SC2 RANT:

Why is it that nearly everyone that was in that tournament picked Spawn?

It was double elim and I never lost...won 40$ off that mofo...yup. I'm sad though, there was a SSBM tournament yesterday too, but I had to work...and if you ever ask anyone that I play SSBM with, you'll hear that I never lost...NEVER! mwahahahahahahahah...That's the only game that I never lost in...meh...I wish that they'd make SSBM online.

Inu_Ranma
Sep 1, 2003, 12:45 AM
There are already rumors floating around about SSBM2. I can't wait!

polishedweasel
Sep 1, 2003, 02:40 AM
hmm...I have to go to basic in a few months, watch them release it when I'm gone. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Para
Sep 2, 2003, 08:17 AM
I like using lizardman o_O

GuerillaPimp
Sep 2, 2003, 08:23 AM
got the xbox version. Up to chapter 6 or 7 in WMM. Bout' half the weapons for most chars, except for Voldo, ill collect his last. Seung Mina, Sophitia, Cervantes, and Charade, all unlocked, havent found a way to unlock Inferno, Assassin, or Lizardman.

Fave Chars: Mitsurugi, Yungsung, Ivy

Inu_Ranma
Sep 2, 2003, 12:37 PM
The way to unlock Lizardman is earlier in this very forum. Charade IS Inferno.

Ketchup345
Sep 2, 2003, 08:00 PM
I have it for the Gamecube. I'm about 3/4ths of the way through WMM, no Extra Missions yet.

Shattered_weasel
Sep 2, 2003, 08:03 PM
It was double elim and I never lost...won 40$ off that mofo...yup. I'm sad though, there was a SSBM tournament yesterday too, but I had to work...and if you ever ask anyone that I play SSBM with, you'll hear that I never lost...NEVER! mwahahahahahahahah...That's the only game that I never lost in...meh...I wish that they'd make SSBM online.

You and your crappy SSBM moves I can beat you with a stik anyday.....(sarcasm)

GuerillaPimp
Sep 3, 2003, 07:17 AM
The way to unlock Lizardman is earlier in this very forum. Charade IS Inferno.

erm..dunno bout that. I have three blank slots on my char select screen. and i already have charade unlocked...

Richard
Sep 3, 2003, 12:43 PM
On 2003-09-03 05:17, GuerillaPimp wrote:

I have three blank slots on my char select screen.

Berserker - Beat the Subchapter 1 dungeon on Extra Mission.

Assassin - Beat Supchapter 3 on Extra Mission.

Lizardman - Beat Supchapter 2 on Extra Mission.

BogusKun
Sep 3, 2003, 01:24 PM
If youi live in the Austin area (preferably UT area) you noticed that Soul Calibur 2 is sold out in every best buy... But for my fans on PSOW, take note my friends... theyre not really sold out. I hid some in the DVD anime sections and behind crappy ps2/gc games. Like Rocky. BTW that goes for Dallas area too (preferably Richardson and well... ummm Dallas):)

polishedweasel
Sep 3, 2003, 01:36 PM
HOw far is Autsin fromn Houston? Because I'm going to Houston some time before I got to basic. To visit my mum...

BogusKun
Sep 3, 2003, 01:44 PM
well army kid basically...
Houston is sorta next door to Austin but if you go to Best Buy near Lakeview there are about 15 copies hidden http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif. I just felt like hiding them because i had the same trouble when i went to buy Smash Bros and a GC. GRRR old memoires!

Tsukishima-Ruriko
Sep 3, 2003, 02:12 PM
Lizardman - Beat Supchapter 2 on Extra Mission.

It's actually clear ALL missions in WMM mode.

Richard
Sep 3, 2003, 02:48 PM
On 2003-09-03 12:12, Tsukishima-Ruriko wrote:

You're right. But Supchapter 2 is usually the last place people clear, since most people don't know how to get there.

mystic_knight
Sep 3, 2003, 03:44 PM
On 2003-09-03 12:48, Richard wrote:

On 2003-09-03 12:12, Tsukishima-Ruriko wrote:

You're right. But Supchapter 2 is usually the last place people clear, since most people don't know how to get there.

You have to have all missions before Subchapter 2 beaten to open it up anyway. And if your level 72 and havent beaten all the missions...well...

Firocket1690
Sep 3, 2003, 04:40 PM
L30 in Antares of WMM ....

missing 3 people.
mentioned above.

and I've been playing roughly 20-25 hours ...

Callie
Sep 3, 2003, 05:44 PM
i have it and its finished

eXo
Sep 4, 2003, 12:18 PM
I have the PS 2 version but a friend let me use his,Gamecube Version http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif does anyone have any tips for using LINK??? i kinda suck with him http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

CGoodness
Sep 4, 2003, 12:44 PM
SC2 is a pretty good game but I'm bored with it already.

I am a lv. 77 Grand Edgemaster of the Basilisk
Is that the highest level? if not im gonna start playing again haha

I am pretty good with Kilik, Sueng Mina (since shes the same as Kilik), Talim, and I'm decent with Yunsung.

I absolutely can't stand Ivy, Link, Voldo, Astaroth, Nightmare, or Cervantes http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

polishedweasel
Sep 4, 2003, 01:20 PM
I saw the GCN SC2 ad on TV...I'd have to say they made link very cheap looking, as far as moves are concerned....but who knows, he's probably got some sort of weakness somewhere.

Kupi
Sep 4, 2003, 03:17 PM
Link's moves don't flow together well, all his unblockables hit high, he tends to be easy to read and his projectiles are near useless if you have any skill with sidestepping... at least, that's what I've heard. I do know that his A+G throw is brutal for ringouts.

mystic_knight
Sep 4, 2003, 05:35 PM
On 2003-09-04 13:17, Kupi wrote:
Link's moves don't flow together well, all his unblockables hit high, he tends to be easy to read and his projectiles are near useless if you have any skill with sidestepping... at least, that's what I've heard. I do know that his A+G throw is brutal for ringouts.

What you've heard is right...but he is still formidable if you know how to chain his attacks together, its just a little harder with Link.

Shattered_weasel
Sep 4, 2003, 06:43 PM
O please i will spam you all to death with Maxi

Kemon
Sep 5, 2003, 12:39 PM
i like the weapons thing is pretty cool
and iv mastered link!

Dime
Sep 5, 2003, 12:46 PM
On 2003-09-05 10:39, Kemon wrote:
and iv mastered link!

What's your favorite link combo?

Rotis
Sep 5, 2003, 02:38 PM
I don't have the game (yet), but my boyfriend got the GC version the other day and we played it for a few hours.

Quite honestly the only fighting game I've ever enjoyed enough to want to purchase it.

Of course, I played as Link an awful lot as first, but I eventually found myself to be very fond of Voldo.

Kemon
Sep 5, 2003, 03:42 PM
On 2003-09-05 10:46, Dime wrote:

On 2003-09-05 10:39, Kemon wrote:
and iv mastered link!

What's your favorite link combo?

well i sort of like them all. so i realy dont have a favorite i guess thats why im so good i dont rely on just one combo.

Reenee
Sep 5, 2003, 04:16 PM
I need to know something fast:

I read PSM magazine, and they embedded their review claiming that SC2 for PS2 is online-compatible. Is this a grave mistake?

CGoodness
Sep 5, 2003, 10:10 PM
On 2003-09-05 14:16, Reenee wrote:
I need to know something fast:

I read PSM magazine, and they embedded their review claiming that SC2 for PS2 is online-compatible. Is this a grave mistake?

I would assume... but it seems like every game for PS2 now is online haha

Reenee
Sep 5, 2003, 10:28 PM
Oooooooooooooo...

PSM made a VERY big whoopsie! I can hear a bunch of PS2 gathering for a floggin'...

Read it at Gamespot. You simply can't lie about a game having online capabilities or not!

Dbc
Sep 5, 2003, 11:25 PM
Link isnt that great.isn't it true that he can only go into defense mode usuing a move? spawn can be pretty cheap at times though.

BogusKun
Sep 5, 2003, 11:45 PM
Who cares, Link is far better than any bonus console character on SC2... followed by Heihachi and that black creature I don't feel like remembering about right now.