PDA

View Full Version : slowmo with sealed j sword? or is it just the hucaseal?

Elios
Aug 31, 2003, 01:22 AM
anyways. im sitting here with my hucaseal feeding my mag, and i have a sealed j sword equipped. cause it matches the look of my character, which is dark blue and black. so im sitting there not moving the controller, and i keep getting slow for some reason. is it just my character class if it sits still for too long? or does the sealed j sword cause slow if u stand still for too long? i dont use it that much but have been using it now just for my characters color scheme, so im not used to what the sealed j sword effects if there are any. also this is my first time using a hucaseal so maybe its just the character class i dont know. any help would be nice.

Bit
Aug 31, 2003, 01:26 AM
Hmm. If your talking about your character just moving forward slowly, more then likely its your controller, you probably had something screwed up tilted the control stick forward when starting up, something like that. Try keeping the stick in a neutral position when starting the game.

Elios
Aug 31, 2003, 01:56 AM
On 2003-08-30 23:26, Bit wrote:
Hmm. If your talking about your character just moving forward slowly, more then likely its your controller, you probably had something screwed up tilted the control stick forward when starting up, something like that. Try keeping the stick in a neutral position when starting the game.

..uh no that not it. sorry i shouldve mentioned im GETTING the status effect slow. you know when u get those red rings around u and u start to move slowly when u try to walk or run. im just sitting there right now as i watch, and it occasionally gets the status effect slow.

Bit
Aug 31, 2003, 01:58 AM
Ah.

Perhaps it's another piece of equipment you have? Unequip everything but the J-Sword and see what happens.

SpyroDi
Aug 31, 2003, 01:59 AM
What would cause Slow anyway? And I don't think there are hardly any slow traps in places..

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SpyroDi on 2003-08-31 00:00 ]</font>

Elios
Aug 31, 2003, 02:22 AM
i just now unequipped everthing except my mag and im wearing the sword its still happening. then i decided to do the same thing to my HUmar hunter and im STILL getting the status effect slow.

Elios
Aug 31, 2003, 02:24 AM
it has got to be the sword cause everthing is unequipped. i dont know if mags would cause any status effects so the sword must be causing slow. any clue?

Wufei
Aug 31, 2003, 02:43 AM
I'm pretty sure the sealed J-Sword is supposed to do that ... impair the user with status ailment(s).

VolOpt2003
Aug 31, 2003, 04:12 AM
the sealed j-sword does cause slow somtimes.just like the frozen shooter causes freeze.

ABDUR101
Aug 31, 2003, 08:12 AM
I thought even on the DC version it caused a status effect?

Yeah, I beleive it's normal, no worries.

Tekershee
Aug 31, 2003, 08:21 AM
Yeah the Sealed J Sworc causes slomo, kinda funny watching someone running about then slowing way down. Hehe

RAwill
Aug 31, 2003, 10:02 AM
your avatar says "sexiest FOnewm" which is male but you play as HUcaseal which is female.....?i knew it NEWMANS ARE (cut)

Read the rules.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bit on 2003-08-31 08:56 ]</font>

tiltnkirby26
Aug 31, 2003, 10:09 AM
On 2003-08-31 08:02, RAwill wrote:
your avatar says "sexiest FOnewm" which is male but you play as HUcaseal which is female.....?i knew it NEWMANS ARE (cut)

What is wrong with you stay on topic!!!!!Anyway I don't think it cast slow on the user...but then again I could be wrong http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bit on 2003-08-31 09:03 ]</font>

RAwill
Aug 31, 2003, 10:14 AM
BUT ITS A MAN PLAYING AS A WOMAN!!! HES A PERVERT!!!!!

Reenee
Aug 31, 2003, 10:41 AM
Stop going off the frickin' topic.

TheSighOfAGod
Aug 31, 2003, 10:48 AM
For personal experience, I know most males who play females are perverts.
Anyway, yes the Sealed J DOES INDEED slow you down once in a while.

Malkavian
Aug 31, 2003, 11:00 AM
And Yamigarasu causes confuse

Symbios
Aug 31, 2003, 01:07 PM
On 2003-08-31 08:14, RAwill wrote:

omg wtf is up with you there almost everyone guy on this site has to have at least one girl character cause some of them 0|_|_|NZ0|2 the guy characters. If you are going to say crap like this, you should live in the rants section.

Wow i never knew that so many weapons cause status ailments >.< im sure theres a lot of other things i dont know, lol.

Rownan
Aug 31, 2003, 01:33 PM
Could you pair it with like a cure/slow and solve the status effect?

Solidus_Snake
Aug 31, 2003, 01:57 PM
Dark bridge confuses and it paralyzes you...

fury02
Aug 31, 2003, 02:20 PM

Who gives a S**T!! I play as a HUcaseal and I'm a guy!! Gezz.

Back on topic...yes the sealed J sword cast slow on you...I thought everyone knew that.(Not to be mean, it just suprised me on how many people it took to answer that)

Elios
Aug 31, 2003, 03:53 PM
ok i didnt know it caused the status effect. thanks for answering. and sheesh, cant i try out a new character i havent used before without being ridiculed? gimme a break..

OniTatsujin
Aug 31, 2003, 04:01 PM
On 2003-08-31 11:57, Solidus_Snake wrote:

and freezes -_-;;

OniTatsujin

hey, the female chars own

Symbios

It gives all status ailments in the game, but only two at a time usually.

Dragon_Ash
Aug 31, 2003, 06:02 PM

Lots of males use female characters so it's quite normal

Anyways, the sealed-J caused slow, paralysis and confusion in the dreamcast version as the description talks about the seal cursing the user. I guess nobody knew that the ep 1&2 J-sword did that because they changed the description for it

polishedweasel
Sep 1, 2003, 02:37 AM
I thought the Sealed J caused Paralysis..anyway, I also play with many Female chars, seeing as I'm never satisfied with any of my male chars and they are constantly getting deleted. Anyway,Dark Bridge is the devil...seriously.

RAwill
Sep 1, 2003, 01:47 PM
oh dear god i cant trust anyone on this game your all (cut) losers! dya dress as women in real life or sumin or dya just like talkin (cut) to other men on pso?

+1 warning for language, thats two posts you made so far with explicit language. Don't do it again >_<

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bit on 2003-09-01 19:08 ]</font>

Loser
Sep 1, 2003, 07:22 PM
ok dude seriously just stop going off topic...

don't you hate those retarded status effects from weps? i know i do http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_bash.gif

klepto
Sep 1, 2003, 07:45 PM
As for the Dark Bridge, I generally use a sol atomizer and it clears everything away real quick.

Soukosa
Sep 1, 2003, 07:57 PM
On 2003-08-31 14:01, Symbios wrote:

It gives all status ailments in the game, but only two at a time usually.

The Dark Bridge only causes paralysis, confusion, and freeze. It can cast all 3 of them on you at once, but the freeze doesn't seem to want to coexist with the other two.

SungKwon
Sep 1, 2003, 08:58 PM

NO!! I play with FEMALE characaters too (actually, all 4 of mine are) and its NORMAL! Different Races/Genders are set, you can't change it. I'd dispise being a FOmar or a FOnewm, because I don't like their looks compaired to a FOnewearl or FOmarl, and if you got a problem, meet me online and I'll show you how much ass I kick.

Oh, and yes, the J-Sealed sword does that. I think after you remove the stamp it doesn't do that, or I'm thinking of something else... yea...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SungKwon on 2003-09-01 18:59 ]</font>

NKOTB
Sep 1, 2003, 11:03 PM
My main char is female.

I've never had a weapon cause status ailments. I guess that's the advantage of having crappy weapons.

joluh
Sep 1, 2003, 11:06 PM
I didn't knew all those stats change because of weapons, you never stop learning new things, specially on PSO!!!

OFF TOPIC BUT NEEDED TO SAY:
my main char is a FOnewm is kinda my alter-ego and yeah i love the way they look =D, and my other 3 ones are going to be all females probbably, and that reflects my real life... 9 of 10 of my friends are girls, because girls and all i really want is girls... ((sings))

Kent
Sep 2, 2003, 11:16 AM
Being a male and using a female character doesn't make you a pervert, it makes you a person that wanted a character with the stats/abilities of the female character and couldn't use a male equivalent because there isn't one, obviously.

Anyone with an IQ over 90 could tell you that.

AppieDPC
Sep 2, 2003, 11:29 AM
On 2003-09-01 17:57, Sounomi wrote:

The Dark Bridge only causes paralysis, confusion, and freeze. It can cast all 3 of them on you at once, but the freeze doesn't seem to want to coexist with the other two.

That is because confuse and freeze don't work together. Try a freeze trap on a enemy and then a confuse trap. He will be free in no-time. I bet the same goes for when players get these status effects.

Soukosa
Sep 2, 2003, 12:36 PM
On 2003-09-02 09:29, AppieDPC wrote:
That is because confuse and freeze don't work together. Try a freeze trap on a enemy and then a confuse trap. He will be free in no-time. I bet the same goes for when players get these status effects.

Before I tried out a Dark Bridge, I had no idea that you could have more than one status defect at the same time. I always thought that the second one would cancel out the first one, like how the poison from a Lily cancels out paralysis.

Nei3rd
Sep 2, 2003, 01:05 PM
Wow, I never knew that about the Sealed J-Sword. As for the Dark Bridge it is wise to carry around at least 10 Sol Atomizers. I know my Ramarl Beat always seems to have em at shops.