PDA

View Full Version : Don't talk to strangers

OriginalLacan
Sep 1, 2003, 09:13 PM
Recently, I'll enter a lobby and get accosted by a bunch of guild cards from random people I've never met or talked to before. I only accept guild cards from people I've talked to or played with so if you try to send me your card and I don't accept it, I'm not trying to be an ass, just introduce yourself or mention PSOW or something so I know you're not just a random person trying to annoy people or something like *ahem* EvilStar *ahem*
I'm curious though, is this some sort of a prank or something meant to screw with people? Or are these just people that wanna play but don't know how to go about asking? I just ask because I've also been getting a ton of weird random simple mail from people just being stupid.

Orange_Coconut
Sep 1, 2003, 09:19 PM
Well, I'm guessing it's not a prank because I'm not sure of anything bad happening to you through Guild Cards.

I would guess that they're trying to make friends since many people just run in and out of lobbies in a snap. I feel bad not accepting Guild Cards, but I will admit that I don't accept them until I play with the other person or chat for a while atleast.

I would guess it's just that they're trying to get you before you go anywhere incase they would like to play with you sometime.

I may be very naive about the subject, but I don't think people would purposefully hurt someone they don't even know. Then again, that's just my way of thinking. :/

OriginalLacan
Sep 1, 2003, 09:31 PM
I wish i could be so optimistic, but several Pk's and Nol's to rare laden characters in v2 tend to make you paranoid.. people do kinda pop in and out of lobbies like crazy, so you may be right there

ginko990
Sep 1, 2003, 09:52 PM
Same thing happens to me.

Are you 200?

OriginalLacan
Sep 1, 2003, 10:08 PM
Nope my characters are only lv78/lv12/lv29. I don't get much time to play except at night.

AngelofEnders
Sep 1, 2003, 10:24 PM
You shouldn't feel bad. You have your own reasons for not accepting guild cards. Hell half the time I play with people I don't accept their card because I know 9 times out of 10 I'll never play with'em again.

OriginalLacan
Sep 1, 2003, 10:42 PM
yeah back on dreamcast, i had a bunch of friends with pso so we always played together. Now in the days of PSOX, its kinda the PSO equivalent of one night stands. now i feel like a whore...

Neo_Squall105
Sep 1, 2003, 10:52 PM
On 2003-09-01 20:42, OriginalLacan wrote:
yeah back on dreamcast, i had a bunch of friends with pso so we always played together. Now in the days of PSOX, its kinda the PSO equivalent of one night stands. now i feel like a whore...

I am a whore
<_<
>_>
...I swear it wasn't me.