PDA

View Full Version : Dark falz(hard) how do i make him bite the dust?

_TANK_
Mar 28, 2001, 10:13 AM
hullo there peepz...i have a lill problem...i died when i tried to kill dark falz on hard setting...everything went well until he morphed to his last morph...then i start dieing...a lot...i wonder if there is a way to avoid the svings he makes after he casts grants...can i run to the edge of the disk and avoid them? im a Hucast lvl 52 with 422 in hp so i dont have any resta or such spells...just ol mates...and star mizers...i would be glad to get some nice advice from players with more experiance with dark falz then i have =)

Sisqua
Mar 28, 2001, 10:46 AM
I believe the words you are looking for are:

"Scape dolls"

S.

Shopete
Mar 28, 2001, 11:00 AM
Falz's slash attacks are pretty quick and have a large range. You may be able to dodge them but I've never done it. It might be best if you work recovering your health and getting as many hits in as you can.

Before you actually fight him with a droid you have to prepare. Go into the fight without any weapons or meseta and drop recovery items. Then let Falz kill you. Do this until you feel confident that enough recovery items are around to keep you alive during the fight. Remember to drop mates and such in groups of 5. Droping in groups of 10 won't let you pick up your extra mates until you run out. When you start to run low on mates just pick up a new batch.

I hope this helps. Good luck.

Cassy
Mar 28, 2001, 01:00 PM
Well...I just finally beat him last night, first try. I'm a lvl 55 HUnewearl, and I stocked up on all mates, and used Resta a lot. Also cast Deband and Shifta occaisionally. But the thing that got me through was the scape dolls with the last form. Watch the radar, when he stops blinking, shoot him up. When he's blinking, run.

I think I used about 4 scape dolls.

Tabolet
Mar 28, 2001, 01:44 PM
Level 54 Hucast here, just beat him last night as well in hard mode.

At 54, his Grants attack was leaving me with about 50 HP left, so it was close, and I ended up burning through 10 dimates and 3 trimates, no scape dolls.

Of course, it helped that my Asparas has 200 IQ and 120 synchro, so I got invincibility twice throughout the fight (once during darvant/dragon heads, once during final form when the bar refilled). Unwittingly, I cast the Twins PB and shifta/debanded myself (as I tried to go for a trimate), which didn't hurt either.

Was using a Protect Frame with four slots, an Ogre power, Ogre Power-, General Power+, and General Power and a Riot Railgun with +30 to dark. With the twins on me, I was doing about 300 a shot to Final Falz.

So did I just get lucky?

MechDan
Mar 28, 2001, 02:00 PM
As a level 50-something RAcast, the grants attack killed me every time. Good thing I had tons of scape dolls.

I'm not sure what you mean by the "svings", but if you're talking about the blue ring-like projectiles--it's possible to dodge them. Just run perpendicular to them (around the disc, kind of like dodging Vol Opt). Whenever you see their dots show up on the radar, just start running along the track. You'll dodge them every time.

The_Saint
Mar 28, 2001, 02:01 PM
I find the best weapons for the big boss are guns. Personally i use M&A 60 Vise +9 +10% Dark. Dropping healing items is Highly recommended. And bring SCAPE DOLLS. Equipping Resist lights or Resist Saints (hehe.. Saint) ARE helpful. Anyway here's my strategy...

First form (those spinny things)-
IMMEDIATELY run to the edge of the circle..this prevents those things from hitting you from all sides. From here, run the circle on the very outside edge, killing the purple spinners as you go.

Second form (The big ugly with heads on his feet)- Stay as far a way as you can, but still in shooting range. As he rotates, there is ONE head that will shoot those spinners out. Concentrate on this head & those things to reduce the number of things attacking you. If he spins you around, and traps you in the corner, Just plug away at the closest head.

Third Form (The Naughty)- This ones easy..stay in range and when the opportunity presents itself shoot him......ummmm...in the sack.

Fourth form (The Punk)- Here's the hard one...shoot him only when he is one SOLID color. When he casts Grants, heal immediately 'cause if there is a way to dodge his slashing attack....i haven't found it yet. He is usually vulnerable after this, so bust a couple caps in him. When he flies up high, listen for shooting sounds, and RUN. Stay sbout in the middle of the "track" and his missles will barely miss you. Continue to shoot him when you can. MOST IMPORTANTLY!!! when playing on-line, If he 'borrows' someone's soul (this will be evident by the flashing 'ribbon' on your radar) DON"T HIT HIM! this wil KILL the person 'sharing' souls with Falz.

RaSMG
Mar 28, 2001, 02:11 PM
I just beat him cause I accidentally left all my meseta from the bank over half a mil in the boss port so i kept piping back. Here's what I did. The first-3rd dtages aren't too hard once you realize patterns. I used a +15 gladius for first stage killed 5 spikes then switched to my varista for 2nd and 3rd. Keep a distance and make sure to not get below 300hp. 4th stage is hardest here's how I beat him. I kept my varista on and kept with the strong attacks when he's on the low level trying to stirke you. Don't let him get two swipes in a row without resta/mates. Once he goes up in the air start running around the circle. Just keep running and they will barely miss you. After the blue stuff he shoots at you, he'll hit you with a spell i dunno what it's called but it takes a craploda of life off but not quite kill you if you have around 400hp. Cast resta and he should be about reayd to come down again. Avoid his strikes if you can or just cast resta again until he faces the other way. Then tag him with your gun but when he starts "shimmering" or blinking on the radar don't shoot him. It just pisses him off and makes him go in the air so only shoot him when he's solid. He tried to attach this thing to me and on the radar there was a red blob between me and him but I just kept running around the circle and it didn't hurt me. Stick with the strong gun shots when he's down and not shimmering.

Heero_Yuy
Mar 28, 2001, 02:31 PM
I got 2 ways of killin falz either kick him in his nuts and runhttp://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif or i use my l. cannon with 50 on dark, it certainly comes in handyhttp://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif

flyrobinfly
Mar 28, 2001, 03:45 PM
Yeah - Like The_Saint mentioned, check out Resist/Saint. If you can afford to allocate 3 slots in your armore to these babies, you should pull through the Grants attack just fine. They sure helped me get through Falz when I just didn't have the proper defense / hp built up.

Lmnopia
Mar 28, 2001, 05:20 PM
de-equip all your weps and equip and run at him screaming I AM VASH YES IAM THAT MAN!

The_Saint
Mar 28, 2001, 05:42 PM
Thanks for the support Robin....Maybe we should try it sometime?

flyrobinfly
Mar 28, 2001, 07:36 PM
That'd be sweet, Saint... Always looking to meet more PSO World folks out in the field because you all rock so darn much. That goes for you too, _TANK_ - I've got a quick trigger finger on Reverser ready any time you need it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_biggrin.gif

Saylrr
Mar 28, 2001, 09:12 PM
I *finally* managed to beat Dark Falz last night (3:30am... ergh..) with my Level 58 FOnewm. It may well be tougher with a bot, since I know I went through a LOT of Resta castings, but I like the idea of pre-seeding the battlefield with extra 'mates.

For me, the spinny thing phase (1) is just plain deadly unless my Mag is nice enough to invulnerablize my Force butt on entry. If I'm not invulnerable, I just de-equip my weapon, sigh, die, and come back through the telepipe.

The secondary phase isn't too troublesome -- especially not with an area-effect weapon to take down the random spinners the beastie shoots out now and again.

The third phase is a little uglier -- there's no way to be resistant to all forms of magic at once, unless you have a four-slot armor that has one of each Resist type. Don't bother trying to fight DF unless you can survive a single magic hit, all the time, any time. (Frost took me down to 17 hit points and froze me in ice. Nailbiting time..)

The fourth phase is the ugliest of all -- which is why it starts appearing on Hard mode. (Boy, was I surprised the first time.) The slash attack has enough delay on it to heal yourself before you get hit a second time; the Grants (yellow light attack), however, is impossible to dodge. This is where you need to have Protect/Saint plugins; I recommend enough to get you up to 30% Resist: I had 297 HP, and 39% resist took me down to 54 hit points left.

So. Get Grants'd: heal. DF comes down and whacks you immediately after: heal again.
For you, 'bot, I'd suggest bringing a weapon that heals your HP on a special; you might not burn through Trimates so fast esp. if you have a lot more health than I did.

However, believe it or not, speed shooting is NOT completely of the essence here -- especially when he's in his flying form. Careful observation will net you better results than blazing away willy nilly.

When Dark Falz goes RED on the radar, you'll see a beam between you and him.

Limit yourself to single shots. This is because whatever damage you do to him while he's like this, gets done to YOU, too. (Thanks to Jeanette for pointing this out to me. I was literally fast-fire killing myself.)

There is no time limit to killing Dark Falz, so you can hang and bang as long as you have supplies and aren't whomped with a single hit. Patience is the key.

Good luck.

-Sayl'rr

VampireLR
Mar 29, 2001, 04:03 AM
I fought him as a Force coming in on DF's fourth form with 18 scape dolls. I defeated him coming out with 1 scape doll left. There's a trick for the first where you have a lot of spinnies. Press start for the menu. You won't slow down when faced with the spinning and can easily dodge them. True you can't shoot them but it's a good trick when you're about to get surrounded. I don't die at all on the first form DF has.

_TANK_
Mar 29, 2001, 04:26 AM
Hello again folks...ant thax for the replies i got from you all..i really aprecheated them all...well...last night at lvl 54 TANK managed to give Dark falz a one way ticket to the dark lands of the afterlife..wooot!!!...one happy droid did the victory dance after that one http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_wink.gif , so now im slashing/hacking my way through the forest again...with loots of exp...and all i can say is that this game is going to laast a long time for me...

thanx again everyone!
/TANK lvl 54 HUcast id SKYLY titan/block 5

VampireLR
Mar 29, 2001, 04:29 AM
*laugh* Until you reach 100 then it's back to level 1.

Saylrr
Mar 29, 2001, 06:52 AM
Well done! Congrats. Now let's see you do it on Very Hard. (Kidding!)

Sayl'rr

Lanzer
Mar 29, 2001, 11:39 AM
Took too many tries until I beat fighting Dark Falz on VH (that's for not having scape dolls), but in return I did memorized a lot of his patterns. Here are some of my more useful findings:

1) First stage, yes, run to the very side. In general, you should keep walking and never stop. Though you should notice that the spikes will come after you for aboout 7 seconds and they'll all return to their starting position. Then after a few seconds they go after you again. Once you have shot down a few spikes in an area, re-visit it ASAP and you'll notice that you can pretty much stay in that proximity and peck off ones far away with a Varista. Equip with Dimate, if the situation looks really bad, then just keep tapping on the button to keep your HP high. Count the number of seconds which the spikes have been after you. If you know they're leaving, don't run away. Stay put and they'll leave you.

2) On the first form, always shoot down all the spikes coming from the mouth, then focus on the boss, and you'll never lose.

3) On the last form, it's all about endurance. Hope you're challanging him with a 4 slot armor/frame with plenty of protection against light/saint. If you know he's going to fly up and shoot the blasts at you, don't chain your third attack/gunshot. Shoot twice and get ready to run. Running before the shots get fired is very important. When he is borrowing your soul, you can hurt yourself, but you do cause Dark Falz damage still.