PDA

View Full Version : Phantasy Star Online episode I & II PLUS

-STE-
Sep 2, 2003, 02:44 AM
Only for jp 27/11/03 a new version of episode I & II come out with low price and new things like Tower playable offline and episode 2 challenge mode playable offline too.

Sashi
Sep 2, 2003, 02:54 AM
Any idea if characters can be ported over?

-STE-
Sep 2, 2003, 02:58 AM
yes

v 1 1 keep items weapon ecc....
v 1 0 delete all item : D

Sashi
Sep 2, 2003, 03:00 AM
Cool cool.

Maybe this also means we will finally get the Episode 2 challenge modes online soon. I doubt it, but hey, I can dream. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sashi on 2003-09-02 01:01 ]</font>

Jack
Sep 2, 2003, 04:25 AM
Is this an exchange program like with V1.0? Are you sure it's Japan only?

Atax
Sep 2, 2003, 04:45 AM
Submitted a news article about it, about an hour ago.

It's kinda like the DC Ver 2 equiv for Episode 1 & 2.

-STE-
Sep 2, 2003, 05:05 AM
Is not a ver2 is only a low cost episode I & II with added some simple things like 3 tower quests playable offline and new challenge mode offline.

Sega made this version because they still selling episode I & II ver v 1 0 bugged on jp.

Price is half of a normal game.

-STE-
Sep 2, 2003, 05:07 AM
On 2003-09-02 02:25, Jack wrote:
Is this an exchange program like with V1.0? Are you sure it's Japan only?

No lol
is only a low price version without bugs of v 1 0.
Maybe without shops bugs too. ^ ^

Yes is jp only because in jp sega still sell v 1 0 bugged....

Da_Jue
Sep 2, 2003, 05:26 AM
Then I want play Tower offline too XD, I hope that ST add in download quest the tower in order to unload them w

Atax
Sep 2, 2003, 05:36 AM
Makes you wonder why Ver 1.1 wasn't sold sooner at a lower price, like that.

Going to get it anyhoo, Having Seat of Heart and the towers available offline has me sold.

Looks like cmode 2 will be available for offline multiplayer, too.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Atax on 2003-09-02 03:37 ]</font>

BonusKun
Sep 2, 2003, 05:40 AM
This is beyond stupid.

Seriously I can see why they did it but it's still stupid.

With the current situtation of EPS 1 & 2 right now there still are a lot of people here in the U.S. that have been patiently *Myself inculded* waiting for months for EPS II C mode for this game and now it's being released as a seprate disc you can buy in Japan at a lower cost & the fact we still don't have EPS II C mode even now makes this leaves a pretty sour aftertatse in my mouth reading about this.

God talk about milking the users more than they already have...

-STE-
Sep 2, 2003, 06:03 AM
On 2003-09-02 03:40, BonusKun wrote:
This is beyond stupid.

Seriously I can see why they did it but it's still stupid.

With the current situtation of EPS 1 & 2 right now there still are a lot of people here in the U.S. that have been patiently *Myself inculded* waiting for months for EPS II C mode for this game and now it's being released as a seprate disc you can buy in Japan at a lower cost & the fact we still don't have EPS II C mode even now makes this leaves a pretty sour aftertatse in my mouth reading about this.

God talk about milking the users more than they already have...

What are you talking about?
cmode episode II is coming this month on this version of PSO episode I & II online of course, just wait some weeks.

They added an offline mode at plus version like a bonus for who will buy it.

I read challenge ep 2 have 5 stages (not sure at 100%).

rena-ko
Sep 2, 2003, 06:20 AM
according to (german) gamefront.de, the plus version has...

-the new online only quests playable offline
(seems like the whole download idea doesnt work with 59-memcards, which is really sad...)

-new challenge mode (offline)

-GBA download games (chao garden, nights score attack, ...)

-new weapons and items.

especially the last point makes me think that this version will also be released in outer japan (i hope also not as full price game).
well, we'll see...
release is the same time as ep.3 gets in the shops in japan...

BonusKun
Sep 2, 2003, 06:30 AM
cmode episode II is coming this month on this version of PSO episode I & II online of course, just wait some weeks.

I'm talking about the fact we had to wait almost a year for some sincerely new content.

The Seat of the Heart, East & West Towers and Famitsu Cup 2 was a good start but, these past few months have been nothing but Sonic Team Recycyling the same old Quests that were on Dreamcast since DAY 1.

And now they are releasing EPS II C Mode in almost a year of waiting and have the nerve to re-release PSO again on GC with added filler content is some serious balls on Sonic Team's part.

All this time jerking around with older quests more than new ones on top of making us wait so damn long for EPS II C mode much less a whole lot of other content that should have been out by now is called milking the consumer.

Hooray!!! GOOD FOR THEM!!! Why not just GIVE this to us online now? Why are they milking it by having people buy a new game disc?!?! They should be giving this to people in Japan for free for jerking them around so long.

I swear to god if a U.S. company like Blizzard pulled this kinda crap people would be screaming for blood.

It better have something for as long as I've waited for this. I bought the game on Oct 31st of last year made it to 200 clean and already have another character nearing 200 again.

It gets tiring when the content of a game as good as this is sorly limited by the fact that ST isn't offering much support now other than recycled quests.

EPS II C mode should have been there on DAY 1 & not almost a year later to where most people have moved onto other games because ST is so slow and then to re-release PSO again asking people to pay for added fluff is stupid!!!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BonusKun on 2003-09-02 04:35 ]</font>

-STE-
Sep 2, 2003, 06:40 AM
On 2003-09-02 04:20, rena-ko wrote:
according to (german) gamefront.de, the plus version has...

-the new online only quests playable offline
(seems like the whole download idea doesnt work with 59-memcards, which is really sad...)

-new challenge mode (offline)

-GBA download games (chao garden, nights score attack, ...)

-new weapons and items.

especially the last point makes me think that this version will also be released in outer japan (i hope also not as full price game).
well, we'll see...
release is the same time as ep.3 gets in the shops in japan...

New weapon and items is not true .....
yes maybe if you mean challenge ep2 price.
But this is not a ver 2 like DC is just a v 1 1 with quest offline and c mode they made this only because they want stop selling bugged v 1 0 on jp no others reason.
Low price is the only god thing.

-STE-
Sep 2, 2003, 06:51 AM
On 2003-09-02 04:30, BonusKun wrote:

I'm talking about the fact we had to wait almost a year for some sincerely new content.

The Seat of the Heart, East & West Towers and Famitsu Cup 2 was a good start but, these past few months have been nothing but Sonic Team Recycyling the same old Quests that were on Dreamcast since DAY 1.

And now they are releasing EPS II C Mode in almost a year of waiting and have the nerve to re-release PSO again on GC with added filler content is some serious balls on Sonic Team's part.

All this time jerking around with older quests more than new ones on top of making us wait so damn long for EPS II C mode much less a whole lot of other content that should have been out by now is called milking the consumer.

Hooray!!! GOOD FOR THEM!!! Why not just GIVE this to us online now? Why are they milking it by having people buy a new game disc?!?! They should be giving this to people in Japan for free for jerking them around so long.

I swear to god if a U.S. company like Blizzard pulled this kinda crap people would be screaming for blood.

It better have something for as long as I've waited for this. I bought the game on Oct 31st of last year made it to 200 clean and already have another character nearing 200 again.

It gets tiring when the content of a game as good as this is sorly limited by the fact that ST isn't offering much support now other than recycled quests.

EPS II C mode should have been there on DAY 1 & not almost a year later to where most people have moved onto other games because ST is so slow and then to re-release PSO again asking people to pay for added fluff is stupid!!!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BonusKun on 2003-09-02 04:35 ]</font>

Yes i understand you Sonic Team is too slow and this is true.
But they added lot of things Famitsu Cup was the best event of this game on v 1 0 all was waiting for new ruote. After tower quests with new level was cool too because noone was sure of the new lv relase.

They made lot of thing more than DC but yes too slow.

Soon is 1 year that PSO is out in jp and only this month maybe episode 2 challenge come out very later they made lot of mistake with bugs and other things.

I hope all understand this is not a new version of ep 1 & 2 is only a game who take the place of bugged v 1 0 .

BonusKun
Sep 2, 2003, 07:07 AM
But they added lot of things Famitsu Cup was the best event of this game on v 1 0 all was waiting for new ruote. After tower quests with new level was cool too because noone was sure of the new lv relase.

But it's too dayam slow.

How can they expect to keep a lot of players on here when they can't even keep them interested in new content? Granted some people are new to the older quests that are on GC now but, I still feel that all of this should have been on GC since day 1.

They already had these quests done over a year ago when they could have devoted their time to new stuff like heaven forbid a EPS II Towerds the Future. More Story Board Quests like Seat of the Heart ect ect.

They need to keep people interested in playing PSO not only as a way to gain levels but as an enriching story that progresses the more you play each month.

Soon is 1 year that PSO is out in jp and only this month maybe episode 2 challenge come out very later they made lot of mistake with bugs and other things.

Ain't that the truth. This game is covered in bugs left & right and for now they can't even disable Online Shop dupe because their patching program is screwed up to the point that if they tried to disable it, they would end up FSODing everyone in the game.

I hope all understand this is not a new version of ep 1 & 2 is only a game who take the place of bugged v 1 0 .

Oh I understand it perfectly but, I still say that Japanese players shouldn't have to pay for this. It's not fair to them as consumers who've supported them for so long and then ST brings out a re-release of the same game with extras added to just repair another series of glitches and cover it up by giving the consumers content they were due for a long time ago.

This is just really sad of ST to go ask money for something they should have givin them for free.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BonusKun on 2003-09-02 05:14 ]</font>

-STE-
Sep 2, 2003, 07:18 AM
Noone will buy plus version only for play 3 (old) offline quest alredy played online and challenge ep2. This game is good only for who dont have it and for who want buy it on bundle with episode III.

I dont know the reason because the uptade things so slow look xbox where they never uploaded event like San Valentino White Day Resting at beach ecc...
i dont know if is too hard to upload a new quest maybe for Sega is.

Now they are working on ep 3 and they upload an event on trial too Sega Cup was a great thing i hope when final relase of ep3 is out they make lot of events and quest because without it episode 3 can become boring very very very : ) fast.

I read about this month they upload new episode 2 challenge mode. I hope they dont stop after this and make new quests.

Malkavian
Sep 2, 2003, 08:45 AM
I don't understand all this bitching now in this topic.
Most of that complaints are true but... has nothing to do with ST replacing the bugged v1.0 PSO for a version that is like the one we have but with some online stuff for offline too.

About the inability to download stuff in GC I don't think is because the memory card 59. Memory card 59 is 4 times bigger than DC VMUs and there could fit 2-3 quests.

Actually I may buy this plus version with ep3 hehe If it's low cost and im already importing ep3 I need to take profit of the shipping cost.

Dhylec
Sep 2, 2003, 09:15 AM
any link to the news?

YujiNaka
Sep 2, 2003, 09:24 AM
There is no need to discuss Ep1&2 Plus Version.
Its 1. for the guys with V1.0 in Japan and 2. for the guys who started playing PSO with Ep3. So they can get into Ep1&2 for less money.

The "new" things are already online(Quests) or coming online(Ep2Cmode).

So why discuss this now? No need to discuss.
Everyone with a copy of PSO 1&2 dont need to buy this.

Malkavian
Sep 2, 2003, 09:27 AM
On 2003-09-02 07:24, YujiNaka wrote:
Its 1. for the guys with V1.0 in Japan and 2. for the guys who started playing PSO with Ep3. So they can get into Ep1&2 for less money.

Well said.
This may be off topic but...

I visited your site. So much awesome stuff!!! Ill continue browsing it and sign the guestbook ^-^

-STE-
Sep 2, 2003, 09:30 AM
On 2003-09-02 07:24, YujiNaka wrote:

True.

But i want buy too i want all 9999 version of same game. : D

YujiNaka
Sep 2, 2003, 09:41 AM
@Malkavian: lol thanks! Hope you enjoy it. Many pics there http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif
@STE: yeah, need to buy it for the collection. but not for playing it.

Butoden
Sep 2, 2003, 10:49 AM
@everyone: It sucks they wont release it in USA and Europe!! >_<

Jack
Sep 2, 2003, 11:04 AM
Why? You won't be missing anything. All of the offline content will be available online for everyone.

Sashi
Sep 2, 2003, 11:10 AM
Here is an interesting question. Being offline C-mode has different rewards for S-rank than online mode does, will Ep 2 C-mode be the same way?

Butoden
Sep 2, 2003, 11:11 AM
Maybe it will show an S-rank at the end of your name http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

-STE-
Sep 2, 2003, 11:29 AM
On 2003-09-02 09:10, Sashi wrote:
Here is an interesting question. Being offline C-mode has different rewards for S-rank than online mode does, will Ep 2 C-mode be the same way?

dunno what price can have maybe same weapon as challene ep 1 offline

DualHydra
Sep 2, 2003, 11:33 AM
AWWWW WTF OFFLINE EAST AND WEST TOWER! NOW 90% OF THE JP ARE GONNA HAVE REAL NEI'S CLAW....this sucks...really....bad

Butoden
Sep 2, 2003, 11:39 AM
Why? Do you feel less special when Jps get one?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LollipopLolita on 2003-09-02 13:56 ]</font>

DualHydra
Sep 2, 2003, 11:52 AM
no because they will be able to do it offline and offline is easier.the easier the faster. try west tower by yourself online. i like to see you alive.

Jack
Sep 2, 2003, 12:19 PM
I can do it fine. Snow Queen + Charge Arms with 45% hit takes care of crowds, and Yasminkov 9000M can handle singles easily.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jack on 2003-09-02 10:20 ]</font>

Weaponslash
Sep 2, 2003, 01:01 PM
Well after this i will buy it when it comes out in Europe here but i fear about my character data a lot.Mind you that all my things are legit and found by me,but i still wonder if ST.........ohh well who cares!

Uncle_bob
Sep 2, 2003, 01:21 PM
ST fucks over U.S. and EU players again...joy.

Balbarei
Sep 2, 2003, 01:35 PM
lol bob, its true...
IF the Plus version comes to US before the end of this year, we will get ep3 and the plus like next spring!

G4_Hedgehog
Sep 2, 2003, 02:26 PM
*Prays this comes to Xbox*

This and Ep. 3 could save PSOX!

Namevah
Sep 2, 2003, 02:44 PM
We always get screwed over with special stuff. Anyways, want to know why they are making a new update thing? Money. And why is it taking so long to release new stuff? Because Sonic Team has PSO Ep. 3, Soic Heroes, and that new egg game being made and stuff. That slows them down.

Neo_Squall105
Sep 2, 2003, 03:23 PM
Maybe they arent releasing it in U.S. cus we bitch to much?....It's a thought....STEVEN N.!!!

monkeyfist
Sep 2, 2003, 03:58 PM
heres to hoping it has some updated graphics

Auronius
Sep 2, 2003, 04:05 PM
On 2003-09-02 13:58, monkeyfist wrote:
heres to hoping it has some updated graphics

We can always hope, even though it'll never happen...

LollipopLolita
Sep 2, 2003, 04:09 PM
On 2003-09-02 09:10, Sashi wrote:

there are still unreleased cmode srank weapons in the game.

there's something funny. both jp websites makes no mention of new items but ign says there are. and i know ste also said he read that there were no mention of new items and neither did i.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LollipopLolita on 2003-09-02 14:56 ]</font>

Dhylec
Sep 2, 2003, 05:05 PM
for some reason i feel more excite about this new ep2 'milking' than ep3 http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

LollipopLolita
Sep 2, 2003, 05:13 PM
for some reason when i saw the news i kinda laughed because i felt it had to do with the bugged download quest method that never got fixed.

Para
Sep 2, 2003, 05:21 PM
I hope the new PSOGCPLUS will fix many bugs that lead to duping, multi equip and other things.

Dragonzero
Sep 2, 2003, 06:35 PM
This'll be good for offline players(like me) but I'm getting online soon so I havn't decided if I'm getting it or not.

Mr_Hero
Sep 2, 2003, 06:48 PM
I'll definately pick this up if it comes stateside.

Kryslin
Sep 2, 2003, 06:52 PM
Hmmm...

I'll probably get it, if it gets released stateside. If it patches a lot of the glitches in the game that exist now, I'll be happier. And since I don't have a lot of time to spend online slogging my way through the tower quests, offline would be preffered.

Kryslin

MAGusZ87
Sep 2, 2003, 06:55 PM
hmm will this be like OOT for GC when Wind Waker came out?(ie u get both games when you pre-order for 1) sry but i dont know the release date of either game. but if i can't get a BBA then i'll definately get Ep1&2 Plus (i wanna see epsilon!)

Mazarin
Sep 2, 2003, 07:34 PM
For Christ's sake! Build us a SEQUEL! You Sonic Team bastards are getting Capcom on us!

GyroidFanatic
Sep 2, 2003, 07:38 PM
My mom said that if I get good grades this semester, she'll give me the money to import this and Episode 3 http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Nai_Calus
Sep 2, 2003, 07:53 PM
On 2003-09-02 09:04, Jack wrote:
Why? You won't be missing anything. All of the offline content will be available online for everyone.

...Not everybody is online. Personally I'm hoping for a US release(But not holding my breath, heh). I'm not online, and considering the utter lack of resources I have(Don't drive as my eyesight makes me dangerous, can't get a job because I live in the middle of nowhere and the nearest place to get one is a good 7 miles away, mom keeps irregular hours because of her job and it's a miracle I can get he to take me to college, so I can't have her drive me to a job, either, and there's no public transportation that comes out where I live), I probably never will be. It would be nice, but I'm not holding my breath. Something like this would be good for people like me, who could ask for it as a present from friends/family or buy it with birthday/xmas money. I don't know about you, but I'd like to be able to do Seat of the Heart someday. And it continuously pisses me off that there's a variety of Lily I have yet to mercilessly slaughter repeatedly. Heh. I'd almost be more interested in this if it came out here than I am in Ep3. *shrug*

Soukosa
Sep 2, 2003, 08:50 PM
On 2003-09-02 17:34, Mazarin wrote:
For Christ's sake! Build us a SEQUEL! You Sonic Team bastards are getting Capcom on us!

Sequeals take time and money to make, so it makes plenty of sense to through out more stuff to garner in money while they work on the sequel.

Para
Sep 2, 2003, 09:07 PM
actually this poses a big question...
if SEGA is willing to make ANOTHER version of PSO Ep1&2... why not make ep4?

At first this is how I felt...
Creating Ep3 with a card gameplay was pretty interesting. I believed Sega did this because if they created Ep3 with the same gameplay style as Ep1&2 then it would require alot of new groundwork like new items new tilesets etc. With the new items, you probably wouldnt be able to go back to PSO ep1&2 because those items wouldnt exist in that version thus you would be stuck playing ep3 for quite awhile. now this new plus pso is interesting.. it adds the quests but... why didnt they just add more to the storyline for the original pso ep1&2? i mean cmon quests.... why not just have more levels available straight on as the main storyline? i mean provide more main storyline content for offline players to play. quests arent that of a big issue.. if sega were to do something, they shouldve added an extra level or something besides the quests itself.

LollipopLolita
Sep 2, 2003, 09:51 PM
if SEGA is willing to make ANOTHER version of PSO Ep1&2... why not make ep4?

sega never said that they wouldn't make a game beyond ep 3.

http://www.pso-world.com/article.php?sid=976

Para
Sep 2, 2003, 10:03 PM
lol i know but atleast something in variation of it... like new levels... going through quests gets boring... especially for offline multiplayer.

LollipopLolita
Sep 2, 2003, 10:05 PM
well lots of people are also bored of the gameplay itself. if another one comes out, st needs to do a lot to spice it up

Mazarin
Sep 3, 2003, 12:34 AM
On 2003-09-02 18:50, Sounomi wrote:

On 2003-09-02 17:34, Mazarin wrote:

Sequeals take time and money to make, so it makes plenty of sense to through out more stuff to garner in money while they work on the sequel.

Not really.

They're wasting time and money(however little it may be) on adding the Plus to it, when they could be using that towards building PSO2 and a clever "jump" option.

-STE-
Sep 3, 2003, 01:41 AM
This game is 99% for jp only because on jp they still selling bugged v 1.0 version (lol) and now they need to replace this version.

They made it only for relase of episode 3 like for selling plus on bundle with ep3 for who dont have already old version.

LollipopLolita
Sep 3, 2003, 01:58 AM
you know right now i haven't read anything about new items yet. and i know ste hasn't yet, and we both always go by what st says.

Atax
Sep 3, 2003, 02:01 AM
Time to start harping to link-sang, to open preorders. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Castoth
Sep 3, 2003, 03:22 AM
I would probably buy this, if it ever gets released in the US. Most of the US junkies would probably buy it anyway.

*sighs*

Being a PSO player in the US sucks. Now I'll never be able to tear through Control Tower offline. >_<

AndyPandy
Sep 3, 2003, 03:31 AM
On 2003-09-02 00:58, -STE- wrote:
yes

lol, your kidding me right!!!, whats the difference between 1.0 and 1.1 now anyway.

-STE-
Sep 3, 2003, 03:44 AM
On 2003-09-03 01:31, AndyPandy wrote:

On 2003-09-02 00:58, -STE- wrote:
yes

lol, your kidding me right!!!, whats the difference between 1.0 and 1.1 now anyway.

hahahaha
no difference

Atax
Sep 3, 2003, 07:17 AM
W00T!!! Lik-sang already have pre-orders open for it.

PSO Plus + Episode 3 + UPS Postage = $200 AUD http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Sashi
Sep 3, 2003, 09:19 AM
That's a bit steep...

Rownan
Sep 3, 2003, 09:36 AM
On 2003-09-02 04:51, -STE- wrote:

Ugh. I have a headache.

Mag_Launcher
Sep 3, 2003, 11:51 AM
Bollocks! Once again they try to win people over by tossing something "new" at them. It's like reheating a pizza and putting more cheese on it, but it'll taste the friggin' same. Only thing i care about are the new rares... if any, that is. *Hopes ST has made assault rifles and/or miniguns for RAs*

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mag_Launcher on 2003-09-03 09:54 ]</font>

Pip
Sep 3, 2003, 04:54 PM
I've just Got PSO Episode 1 and 2! Am I still able to use my character from the Episode 1 and 2, to the Plus Version???

BonusKun
Sep 3, 2003, 06:47 PM
On 2003-09-02 06:45, Malkavian wrote:
I don't understand all this bitching now in this topic.

Then read my posts again and try to comprehend that some of us have been waiting for some real new content in over a year!

Reenee
Sep 3, 2003, 06:53 PM
Like Version 2 to Dreamcast, could there actually be a possibility to fix some notorious glitches in this Plus version, like the shop dupe?

Ninpo_Tamashii
Sep 3, 2003, 07:03 PM
On 2003-09-03 14:54, Pip wrote:
I've just Got PSO Episode 1 and 2! Am I still able to use my character from the Episode 1 and 2, to the Plus Version???

-just nods and points upwards to previous posts-

Well, this whole thing so doens't surprise me. Sega=made in japan. Yes there is a sega of america, but it started in japan, games which are of non-pc type that are good playable enjoyable, for the MOST PART, are made in japan. So, people bytchin' about Episode 1 and 2 plus being a japan thing is like being in Japan complaining about not getting the 4th of July off. Its stupid. Well people offline who cannot get online will want to take advantage of that, and if Sonic team is smart they WOULD bring it over to the United states/Europe becuase there is a large offline crowd they have. For those online, look forwards to the supposed Episode II challenge mode, I know i am, They better have my S-rank scythe too or i'm gonna be pissed >.<

vegeta000110
Sep 3, 2003, 07:50 PM
I hope that PSO 1&2+ will come over to the US. Trying to get a job so I can go online is a pain in the arse. Trying to get a job that is not basically almost slave labor (my last job was like that, say you'll only work 20/week and instead you work 40/week, WTF???) is also probably a pain in the arse.

Sneakers
Sep 3, 2003, 10:01 PM
I hope PSO1&2+ comes out here...I am not online (stupid lack of a credit card) and would love to play the online quests offline, like the tower quests.

Symbios
Sep 3, 2003, 10:04 PM
(not bothering to read all the other posts)Does it have better graphics? And I hope they add all those sranks they didnt have for gc episode 1&2. I mean seriously, pc, and i think dc version too has like 20 sranks and this only has like 10. Why go an actual step down??? Why remove, not add sranks??

Ninpo_Tamashii
Sep 3, 2003, 11:18 PM
On 2003-09-03 20:01, Sneakers wrote:
I hope PSO1&2+ comes out here...I am not online (stupid lack of a credit card) and would love to play the online quests offline, like the tower quests.

look up online PSOE, Phantasy Star Online Explorer. It costs slightly more than what everybody else pays, but you don't need a credit card. Just send in money orders, it works wonders ^_^ ah I just remembered the link, http://www.psoexplorer.com There, click away and follow the instructions and you'll be on your way to being online, that goes for anybody else who is offline simly becuase they dont 'have a credit card. I thought i was worth it -shrugs-, mah ten cents

Saladwood
Sep 4, 2003, 01:49 AM
I contacted a sega rep about the US release of PSO PLUS, and this is what he had to say

Nothing has been announced at this point.

Soukosa
Sep 4, 2003, 02:02 AM
On 2003-09-03 20:04, Symbios wrote:
And I hope they add all those sranks they didnt have for gc episode 1&2. I mean seriously, pc, and i think dc version too has like 20 sranks and this only has like 10. Why go an actual step down??? Why remove, not add sranks??

Who said they removed them? All of the S-Ranks from the DC/PC are still there, plus there's 5 new ones. They're most likely saving them for use later on.

Sneakers
Sep 4, 2003, 03:35 AM
[/quote]
look up online PSOE, Phantasy Star Online Explorer. It costs slightly more than what everybody else pays, but you don't need a credit card. Just send in money orders, it works wonders ^_^ ah I just remembered the link, http://www.psoexplorer.com There, click away and follow the instructions and you'll be on your way to being online, that goes for anybody else who is offline simly becuase they dont 'have a credit card. I thought i was worth it -shrugs-, mah ten cents
[/quote]

Hmmm...will cost me $20 CAN to go thru them...but will keep it in mind...gonna explore options first. i still need to get a broadband adaptor...but still am curious how to hook up to the net.

Jazhara
Sep 4, 2003, 07:12 AM
Hmm - there may be a possiblity of a save conversion code from US NTSC / PAL to JP, as on DCv1 to v2.

Any thoughts on that anyone?

only1gameguru
Sep 5, 2003, 11:25 PM
hmm i have seen alot of post complaning
i am now complaning (note spelling may be off)
would the advent of the "plus version" cut the online fee for the "minus version"(the one we play)
because i remember on the Dreamcast the last 2 or 3 years 1.0 was free and 1.1 was 5$ a month

and does the japanese versions of PSO lett you play in english if so e-mail me the answer for i dont visit here often [email protected]

-STE-
Sep 6, 2003, 03:45 AM
Hl is same as others version (jp v1 1 v 1 0 1500yen 3 months).
About english noone know but 99% it have like others version of PSO.

rena-ko
Sep 7, 2003, 07:21 AM
On 2003-09-04 05:12, Jazhara wrote:
Hmm - there may be a possiblity of a save conversion code from US NTSC / PAL to JP, as on DCv1 to v2.

hm... dont think so. contrary to dc-vmu's gc-memcards are not capable of hosting saves from different language areas.

Revyrah
Sep 8, 2003, 09:33 AM
Here is my take on Ep1&2+. I can only play offline with my GC so the idea of getting a few online quests added offline sounds pretty cool to me, however, like someone stated earlier on, why not make a few more boards or options that make a difference in offline play. How about being able to get to Galons shop so we don't waste our time playing and mauling for a stupid photon drop we can't use?
To be honest with you, I could care less about episode 3 card battle crap. All they should have done was make another addition with the same game play and strategy. Thats what made this game so hot.(besides online play) Not really having to take turns in battle, "my water card beats your fire flower".....ugh...

MESSEAGE TO SEGA:
GIVE MORE TO THE OFFLINE PLAYERS

Jazhara
Sep 8, 2003, 12:42 PM
On 2003-09-07 05:21, rena-ko wrote:

On 2003-09-04 05:12, Jazhara wrote:

hm... dont think so. contrary to dc-vmu's gc-memcards are not capable of hosting saves from different language areas.

Not true AFAIK - e.g. I have imported JP (Official) memory cards and they format to PAL fine.

Sure, the card can't hold PAL and JP NTSC saves at the same time, but any conversion would reformat the card to JP NTSC in the process anyway.

I'll talk to some of the guys at work and see what they say.

ChokingVictim
Sep 9, 2003, 12:33 AM
F the 1&2+, F the episode III... how about a PSV?!?!?!

online compatability isn't paramount to my concern.. i have some pretty fond memories of psII and IV. only played around with the PS rom a little and yes i'm a PSIII hater. well no so much hater, but a 'meh'-er. i realize PS4 was supposed to be the last. but considering all this other crap they've done since, i think sega should do the decency of putting together a proper PS sequel. i mean christ...

ilr2000
Sep 9, 2003, 12:06 PM
first things first: hi, im new. Hard to reg here. very very hard... been tryin to reg here since v1 ;_;

Anyway. I think this PSOep1&2 plus thing is absolutly wonderful. I can run the tower quests by myself online right now, but its a real sore. Maybe when im 180's or 190's it wont be so bad, but at lvl 164 i still die at least once. So offline versons of those quests will be very welcome.

I'm not quite sure why people are complaining about this new verson. ST was going to release ep2 C-mode whenever they felt like it regardless of this new release. How has this mini update changed anything? How in gods name do we have have less than what we had before?

What I hope is that there will be a similar game thing to v2 where you can make games that only PSO plus members can join. And that the newer verson has anti duping stuff in it. I wouldn't mind if its just me and three other guys, cause I play offline mostly anyway... only because every time I hop online the first words out of eveyrones mouth is "dupe" and "hack".

I just pray to the good lord that this finds its way state side. The only downside to it is that I would no longer be the only person running East Tower solo... darn compitition... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

ilr2000
Sep 9, 2003, 12:50 PM
On 2003-09-08 07:33, Revyrah wrote:
To be honest with you, I could care less about episode 3 card battle crap. All they should have done was make another addition with the same game play and strategy. Thats what made this game so hot.(besides online play) Not really having to take turns in battle, "my water card beats your fire flower".....ugh...

MESSEAGE TO SEGA:

AMEN!

The first thing that popped into my head when I saw the movies for this game was one thing: a high pitched squeaky voice saying "Booma! I choose you!"

I am SOOOOOOOOOOO disappointed that the last online installment for Phantasy Star will a virtual card game. GameCube's hardware has great potential.. and they using it to make "Advance Solitaire!"

Oh well. I think PSO GC is close enough to perfection to satisfy me. I'll play that until I die.

(btw: Funny how all the franchises that need to die get milked endlessly.. and the ones we all wish would never end get put down.)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ilr2000 on 2003-09-09 10:51 ]</font>

Malkavian
Sep 9, 2003, 01:03 PM
Oh well. I think PSO GC is close enough to perfection to satisfy me. I'll play that until I die.

That's the reason because they haven't made another version expanding the same. There's no room for more improvements of the same. They should start the game basics from zero now. What started with PSO v1 DC has reached perfection in Episode 1&2, without counting cheats, exploits, bugs.

Soukosa
Sep 9, 2003, 02:16 PM
MESSEAGE TO SEGA:

It's called Phantasy Star Online, not Offline. I don't see why ST should throw in more things for people that play the game in the style it was intended for.

Nei3rd
Sep 9, 2003, 02:33 PM
I wouldn't see why ST shouldn't give us a little more downloadable quests. Sometimes people don't want to go online and screw around offline. I do. It'd be nice to do something different besides the extra missions and Fire Swirl quest.

Andvaranaut
Sep 10, 2003, 12:22 AM
Since none of us here work for either Sega or Sonic Team (though that's a pretty big assumption on my part), it is safe to say that we will NEVER know all the motives behind the release of PSOep1&2+, but any from the following list would probably suffice for our purposes:

1) Purely profit
2) Actively replacing buggy software
3) "Collector's Edition"-syndrome
4) Marketing's been smoking some bad kujo
5) Re-re-re-release-pixies from accounting/design have been threatening to go on strike unless their demands are met

We have to keep in mind that just becuase something has been announced for Japanese consumers, does not necessarily mean Sega or ST had foreign markets in mind during the planning/production stages. Just look at the game genres in Japan that aren't available anywhere else...unless you import them, of course: dating simulators, interactive horror, hentai games, etc. It's all stuff that foreign markets don't exactly RUSH out to buy.

Now, on the subject of Plus' "added content," while I could care less about the three tower quests being available offline, c-mode for episode 2 does spark some interest. Read the press release carefully - it not only says that ep2 c-mode will be made available states-side and in the EU for current PSO owners, but will ALSO be available offline for Plus-owners. No need to get your nickers in a twist for the time being. But what about the supposed "new items"? The coding for them is already there - Sega/Sonic Team simply hasn't provided its patrons with the "key" to access the data yet (i.e. new quests/ep2 c-mode). When and if the decision is made to make them available - reguardless of how and where they are obtained - the items technically AREN'T new. They were there in the first place, but we only had HALF the needed information on them.

...and yes, I know I'm an evil bastard for pointing this out...

Hrith
Sep 10, 2003, 07:56 AM
I just do hope we'll have offline multi-player mode quests like East & West Towers, but especially Heat Sword, Ice Spinner & Soul Blade !!!!

They should also try to fix dupe shop trick, duping does not do that much harm, but people use it to max their stats or equip several weapons & sets of armor http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

What do we earn from offline EP2 C-mode ??

Pleeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaase new armors, there are no new armors since DC ver2 !!!!!!! Final male android armor is Lv 122. I wish there would be something like, you know, D-PARTS ver3.25 usable at Lv 156. That would ROCK

NodMan
Sep 12, 2003, 12:09 PM
So what are the new items and what is Gallons Shop one of the offline quests?

-STE-
Sep 12, 2003, 01:06 PM
On 2003-09-12 10:09, NodMan wrote:
So what are the new items and what is Gallons Shop one of the offline quests?

No new items, and maybe only quest for download minigame is offline bnot gallon.

LollipopLolita
Sep 12, 2003, 03:40 PM
the only new items are those s-ranks from ep 2 c-mode

ilr2000
Sep 14, 2003, 01:43 PM
it suddenly just occured to me (maybe occured to others as well. But couln't those tower quests be done right now, as downloadable quests? I mean.. it doesn't seem that far fetched.. since the level and enemies are on the GC disc. Just gotta download the quest..

NodMan
Sep 16, 2003, 03:40 PM
So what is about when it says online quest avalable offline.

Soukosa
Sep 16, 2003, 04:01 PM
On 2003-09-14 11:43, ilr2000 wrote:
it suddenly just occured to me (maybe occured to others as well. But couln't those tower quests be done right now, as downloadable quests? I mean.. it doesn't seem that far fetched.. since the level and enemies are on the GC disc. Just gotta download the quest..

As I said in another thread, there could be a problem that's not allowing downloadable quests to happen in this version, like how the patching system doesn't work properly. I'm sure that if ST could, they would put up some downloadable quests.

-STE-
Sep 17, 2003, 02:10 AM
I dont think after pso ep 1 2 plus they upload new downloadable quest because only few people want have it.(i mean ep plus)

Revyrah
Sep 18, 2003, 06:16 AM
On 2003-09-09 12:16, Sounomi wrote:

MESSEAGE TO SEGA:

It's called Phantasy Star Online, not Offline. I don't see why ST should throw in more things for people that play the game in the style it was intended for.

NOt everyone plays "online" and a very large percentile of people who buy the game only get it in hopes of being able to do so, however, they don't ever wind up being able to pay to play online so offliners still deserve alot more than what we are getting.

Hrith
Sep 18, 2003, 06:30 AM
Cheer Revyrah http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

a235323
Sep 18, 2003, 09:17 AM
as far i have heard there ARE new weapens.
and for al those legits : shop dupe wil be patched

Ketchup345
Sep 18, 2003, 03:21 PM
On 2003-09-18 04:16, Revyrah wrote:

On 2003-09-09 12:16, Sounomi wrote:

MESSEAGE TO SEGA:

Not everyone plays "online" and a very large percentile of people who buy the game only get it in hopes of being able to do so, however, they don't ever wind up being able to pay to play online so offliners still deserve alot more than what we are getting.

I agree, they should release it in the U.S., gives them more people to sap money from, as I know plenty of people who play offline, and are unable to get online, due to parents, no job (have you tried getting a job recently? especially for a 16 year old with no experiance, it is hard to find one); but would be able to get this.

-STE-
Sep 19, 2003, 04:45 AM
On 2003-09-18 07:17, a235323 wrote:
as far i have heard there ARE new weapens.
and for al those legits : shop dupe wil be patched

no new weapon : P is not an addon

Reenee
Sep 19, 2003, 08:16 AM
Can anyone confirm the shop dupe will be fixed?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Reenee on 2003-09-19 06:17 ]</font>

-STE-
Sep 19, 2003, 09:59 AM
On 2003-09-19 06:16, Reenee wrote:
Can anyone confirm the shop dupe will be fixed?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Reenee on 2003-09-19 06:17 ]</font>

noone but fixed or not dont change anything now