PDA

View Full Version : do percents even matter on force weapons?

iamthehbomb
Sep 2, 2003, 04:05 AM
Just as the topic states, I wanted to know if the photon percentages on a force weapon make a difference (for people who don't attack with them). Obviously, hit% could help as far as using the weapon's special. But when you are casting with a certain weapon because of the boosts it gives your stats -- do the %s help in any way?

EXAMPLE: I piped for branch of paku paku a million times and have like 12 of them now, but I was unlucky and couldn't get one with %s. Does this make the weapon worse in anyway?

VulpesMundi
Sep 2, 2003, 04:11 AM
Weapon percents do not effect spell damage. Spells have a set base damage and then are effected by MST. Hit percent also doesn't effect a special attack's chance of success. It only makes the attack more likely to hit. Whether or not the special takes effect is unchanged. Theoretically lets say a special attack has a 1/2 effectiveness rate. A hit bonus will improve your ATA and the chance of the attack hitting, but the special will still have a 1/2 effectiveness rate and may still fail.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VulpesMundi on 2003-09-02 02:15 ]</font>