PDA

View Full Version : XBOX: S-rank weapon question

L0CKE
Sep 2, 2003, 06:39 AM
How good are the S-ranks compared to other weapons? What are the 'good' or better than other S-rank weapons. I don't know what to get for my first S-rank, I'm thinking Twin, or Saber. Are there 'bad' S-ranks that just stink?

Kent
Sep 2, 2003, 06:51 AM
Try checking the rare weapon database.

Apparently, S-Rank weapons are very weak until they're fully grinded, like the S-Rank Twin (http://www.pso-world.com/items.php?op=viewarticle&artid=243&sortby=class) for example, starts off adding 50 ATP and 40 ATA. But, if you have the grinders necessary, it can grind up to +250, adding 500 ATP (making it +550 ATP total, +40 ATA still).

L0CKE
Sep 2, 2003, 06:54 AM
Yes I read the guide, even spent an hour comparing it to the numbers of other same type items. Numbers don't really tell me if they are useful compared to say a meteor cudgel, or BKB or where they fall in between. I have gathered that S-ranks arent that great but I need to know where they stand in comparison to other items- fully ground.

Kent
Sep 2, 2003, 07:17 AM
Well... they're used the exact same way as other weapons of their type, but don't have special abilities (until they release the required quest) and can't have photon efficiencies. You can use the database's compare function to get all the items you want to compare on the same page. And I believe the S-Rank Twin is the most powerful one that a melee force character can use (like my FOmar). And odds are, unless you accept dupes or are a hacker, you won't be finding the rarer items any time soon.