View Full Version : Styles & Font Sizes

Fanatic
Sep 2, 2003, 07:22 AM
Try setting your font size to largest in explorer, and navigate around the forums/topics a bit. It should be obvious that half the text scales,while the other remains small (and nearly unreadable on my portable ^_^)
For instance, titles are suddenly double the size of user names, single line quotes take up more space than a 3 line reply, etc...

All in all it is rather.. silly.

It would be a nice feature (^_^) if all the text scaled or didn't change. I'd prefer it all to scale so I can read it on high-res screens, portables and my telly though http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Soukosa
Sep 2, 2003, 11:55 AM
Have you tried Mozilla or Firebird? They'll adjust the sizes of fonts that IE won't touch. I find rather pathetic that IE can't adjust fonts that have a set point size.

Fanatic
Sep 2, 2003, 12:19 PM
I use Mozilla on my regular computer, but it's an annoying trade-off. Mozilla is also far from bug free, and it looks like there won't be much in the way of updates..

Firebird?!? Never heard of it... is it good?

Soukosa
Sep 2, 2003, 12:32 PM
I'm sure Mozilla is buggy, but so is IE. IE 4 was considered to have more bugs than the Flordia Everglades when it came out and even 2 versions later, it's still quite buggy. I haven't used Mozilla that much, but it seems to be much better than IE is. As for Firebird, it's a light weight browser that uses the same rendering engine as Mozilla. It's still in development, but shows great promise.