PDA

View Full Version : PSO rpg: In the making...

BlazingTiger
Sep 2, 2003, 05:38 PM
I was thinking about creating a pso rpg offline game. It will be in the style of the older phantasy star games with all of episode 1 and 2 latest features, weapons and characters. Before begining it, I just wanted to know what you as a rpg fan would like to see in the game. (it will be free of course)

Please comment.

(do not remove, this is a general topic)

Sashi
Sep 2, 2003, 05:43 PM
You do know that technically,it can't be a PSO game, unless you include some sorta online support. Otherwise it would just be a PS game. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

BlazingTiger
Sep 2, 2003, 05:46 PM
Yes, you are right. It will be an offline game, not online.

Phantasy Star Offline series.

BlazingTiger
Sep 2, 2003, 05:49 PM
On 2003-09-02 15:46, BlazingTiger wrote:
Yes, you are right. It will be an offline game, not online.

Phantasy Star Offline series.

(sorry to double post)

I would include a discussion board where members would come together to help solve the offline mysteries. Perhaps set up a trading shop online the discussion board. It is possible, but I need more suggestions.

Kadou
Sep 2, 2003, 05:58 PM
What, are you going to use RM2K or something? Or are you going to progam it yourself and allow people to download an illegal (plagarized) game?

OriginalLacan
Sep 2, 2003, 06:22 PM
its only illegal, and a copyright infringement if you try to get money for it. I don't know if you;ve ever programmed a game, but if it's your first one, beware. I tried programming my own RPG a while back and gave up after a year of work resulted in a barely functional game engine. (of course I was going all out with a xenogears/final fantasy 7 style graphics intensive game..)

Kent
Sep 2, 2003, 06:45 PM
On 2003-09-02 16:22, OriginalLacan wrote:
its only illegal, and a copyright infringement if you try to get money for it.

And you've got to stop development and delete it immediately if you get a cease abd desist order from Sonic Team.

BlazingTiger
Sep 2, 2003, 07:11 PM
Point number #1

I have experience with video game programming.

Point #2

RPG 2003 is now for sale overseas.

Point number #3

I have no intention on selling the product at all.

Point number #4

Provided you give credits to the copyright owners and make no claims, it will be dismissed as being all in good fun. (I've done this several times before)

Such a game will only bring acclaim to Sonic Team and if they request that the production stops, I will at their request. (I could use the attention from Sega anyhow, lol)

Such an idea can encourage Sonic Team programmers in future development of games, especialy if you all like it. I seriously doubt it will cause any problems unless you all don't like the idea of a free (well programmed)offline, rpg game.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BlazingTiger on 2003-09-02 17:13 ]</font>

Sashi
Sep 2, 2003, 07:25 PM
What kinda style is it gonna be? Is it going to be 3d, like PSO is now, or 2d, topdown, like the old PS games?

BlazingTiger
Sep 2, 2003, 07:42 PM
It will be in respects to the older ps games (like the classic super nintendo zelda games). I plan for it to be an even better game than ps1, ps2 and ps3. I'm not sure how much better it will be than ps4 though. It will be different being that it is pso based, but it will not be just another crappy fan game.

monkeyfist
Sep 2, 2003, 07:53 PM
hey blazingtiger/kadou... im making a rm2k game but im very bad at pixel art. can you guys help me???

Kadou
Sep 2, 2003, 08:11 PM
I'm pretty good with that. I guess I can help, monkeyfist. PM me what you have if it's something that needs editing, or just tell me what you want done.

Eh, you don't know a website where I can download the English RTP add-on, do you? I've been looking for it for a while now, but for some reason can't find it.

I already know RPG Maker 2003 is for sale, though if I wanted it I would pirate it or have a friend of mine burn it for me. Blah, and here I was warning about copyright laws.

BlazingTiger
Sep 2, 2003, 08:14 PM
I could help you out, but I will be so self involved with the development of this rpg. Perhaps more rpg makers can take part in these fan games, but honestly, to make a decent one you need rpg maker 2003 and some 500 hours or more experience in rpg game design. I can help you though with any questions you might have.

Please also post suggestions and things you may expect in this fan game. By the poll I made earlier, I see that many pso fans favor episode 2. I will try to include a lot of pso ep2 elements in the game.

Monomate
Sep 2, 2003, 08:28 PM
sounds tight. i want it i want it i want it!!! lemme know when you've got a functioning version.

BlazingTiger
Sep 2, 2003, 08:45 PM
I'm glad to see some people show interest. I will begin it tonight, but it may not be completed for at least until November. It will be a very well produced (programmed) pso fan game. I could use some help with the storyline and suggestions. If you want to be a part of the design team, please post or pm me.

P.S: I will also create a discussion board for this rpg and a section for others who are inspired to make more pso fan rpg games. It would be nice for PSOW to make a section for such, but we have enough sections here.

OriginalLacan
Sep 2, 2003, 08:56 PM
Good luck on the game!

ABDUR101
Sep 2, 2003, 09:13 PM
On 2003-09-02 15:38, BlazingTiger wrote:

This isn't a General PSO gameplay related thread, it's an off-topic based thread, thats why it was moved. =

*edit*
Unlocked this thread and locked the other for you.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ABDUR101 on 2003-09-02 19:22 ]</font>

BlazingTiger
Sep 2, 2003, 09:24 PM
Thanx a lot. *Gives high five.

BlazingTiger
Sep 2, 2003, 11:25 PM
I have begun the game. It will include 4 characters. I am writing out the storyline and the basic adventure. The hard part will be creating the weapons and character settings. I wanted the characters to include, ranger, hunter, force, android. Please give a suggestion on what type of characters.

_Sinue_
Sep 2, 2003, 11:25 PM
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but simply offering it as freeware isn't enough. You need to get Sonic Team's express premission to make a fanwork of that calibur.

Technically, Fanfics and Fanart are violations of Sega's intellectual copyrights. They let them go, as it helps spurn interest in the series and possibly promote sales. However, they'd view a fangame as a whole 'nother matter entirely. That can be used as a suppliment to PSO for those who aren't willing to spend the cash.. which means lost sales. That may not be how it happens in practice, but that's how they're lawyers will see it.

I can state two prominent cases of Fangames which were made recently which brought down fire and brimstone upon the developers by the corperate powers that be. Hero 6, a sequel to Quest for Glory 5 was nixed by Sierra under threat of prosocution for using trademarked and copywrited material in it. The developers then decided to turn it into a "QFG Insipired" game with all new material.. but the same basic game setup. The second was a fanmade sequel to LucasArt's Monkey Island series which was completely canned just before developement was finished because LucasArts feared it would impose on sales of their upcomming Escape from Monkey Island (Despite the fangame being made with the 2D SCUMM engine from 1990)

Intellectual Copywrite laws are very clear in that if you don't protect your copywrites.. you will loose them. A game is just pushing things way too far for Sonic Team to ignore.

Your best bet, before doing anything else, is to seek permission from Sonic Team to make the game. Then proceed from there.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: _Sinue_ on 2003-09-02 21:27 ]</font>

BlazingTiger
Sep 2, 2003, 11:29 PM
On 2003-09-02 21:25, _Sinue_ wrote:
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but simply offering it as freeware isn't enough. You need to get Sonic Team's express premission to make a fanwork of that calibur.

Technically, Fanfics and Fanart are violations of Sega's intellectual copyrights. They let them go, as it helps spurn interest in the series and possibly promote sales. However, they'd view a fangame as a whole 'nother matter entirely. That can be used as a suppliment to PSO for those who aren't willing to spend the cash.. which means lost sales. That may not be how it happens in practice, but that's how they're lawyers will see it.

I can state two prominent cases of Fangames which were made recently which brought down fire and brimstone upon the developers by the corperate powers that be. Hero 6, a sequel to Quest for Glory 5 was nixed by Sierra under threat of prosocution for using trademarked and copywrited material in it. The developers then decided to turn it into a "QFG Insipired" game with all new material.. but the same basic game setup. The second was a fanmade sequel to LucasArt's Monkey Island series which was completely canned just before developement was finished because LucasArts feared it would impose on sales of their upcomming Escape from Monkey Island (Despite the fangame being made with the 2D SCUMM engine from 1990)

Intellectual Copywrite laws are very clear in that if you protect your copywrites.. you will loose them. A game is just pushing things way too far for Sonic Team to ignore.

Your best bet, before doing anything else, is to seek permission from Sonic Team to make the game. Then proceed from there.

lol. Tell that to the tons of people who have created PS fan games already out. But perhaps you are right ONLY if the game becomes popular enough, then perhaps...

ABDUR101
Sep 2, 2003, 11:32 PM
I'd think it's best to ask before the game gets popular, then you'd have permission. Waiting for it to be a big scene would be too late, then it would be considered a threat to their sales, right?

_Sinue_
Sep 2, 2003, 11:33 PM
They only exist because Sonic Team/Sega doesn't know about them.. or doesn't know who to prosocute. I've seen other fan-game in development out there in which the developers keep their identities secret and set up their webpages and servers under false aliases so that all trails lead to noone.

If you can get away with it, more power to you. I'm just stating that what you're doing is not "Perfectly alright" just because it is free. You ARE violating their copywrites.. and they ARE justified in persuing you should they choose to.

BlazingTiger
Sep 3, 2003, 12:00 AM
On 2003-09-02 21:33, _Sinue_ wrote:
They only exist because Sonic Team/Sega doesn't know about them.. or doesn't know who to prosocute. I've seen other fan-game in development out there in which the developers keep their identities secret and set up their webpages and servers under false aliases so that all trails lead to noone.

If you can get away with it, more power to you. I'm just stating that what you're doing is not "Perfectly alright" just because it is free. You ARE violating their copywrites.. and they ARE justified in persuing you should they choose to.

You may be right. By the way, do you have Sonic Team's address, better yet, the phone number to the ceo himself of Sega? Reality is, getting their attention is hard enough. Hopefuly I could, and lend them some ideas in the course of it. Provided the game doesn't try to break any serious ground and stays true to the theme and tradition, I do not believe Sonic Team will even care, or take notice. If they do, the project will stop. In my opinion, I believe it will help build more anticipation for episode III. As we can clearly see, the love for pso is dwindling down.

Seriously though, if someone has that info, PM me.

BlazingTiger
Sep 3, 2003, 02:42 AM
I spent all night working on the layout of the game. It is coming along nicely, even better than I expected. Things are moving along fine. I may have the game completed by this month's end.

I will post updates.

Valleo
Sep 3, 2003, 10:07 AM
Hmm only 4 characters? I was hoping that a PSO themed game would have at least 12 playable characters.

BlazingTiger
Sep 3, 2003, 11:45 AM
I may include 5 or more characters on the next updated version. Four is a fair enough for now. 12 would be for a VERY large game, and I plan to expand this version once it gets a good enough response.

BlazingTiger
Sep 3, 2003, 03:24 PM
I am working on the introductory levels. The design is quite decent so far. I am working on the sound effects though.

Firocket1690
Sep 3, 2003, 04:58 PM
well, there's no chance in hell it's gonna be free if it's from ST

ST seems like the company that HAS to profit of EVERYTHING .... ridicously
... 8.95 to play an online game ?!!!1

unless you're going to be making the beta version, giving it away freely, and doing it all at your own cost ...

it just doesn't seem very Sonic Team-ish to be giving away free stuff (exception beta test EpIII)

monkeyfist
Sep 3, 2003, 06:58 PM
http://www.camineet.net
midi's of pso music

anywho....i was thinking of being a bit secretive...but if anybody wants to know about my game idea just tell me

BlazingTiger
Sep 3, 2003, 07:02 PM
lol. It's not Sonic Team at all. This is a fan PSO RPG. Phantasy Star Offline - and it is of no cost to anyone.

monkeyfist
Sep 3, 2003, 07:11 PM
oh, by the way, mine in non-pso related. its actually not even a sci-fi

BlazingTiger
Sep 3, 2003, 07:23 PM
On 2003-09-03 17:11, monkeyfist wrote:

Tell more... What program are you using to build it?

crazy_latino2
Sep 3, 2003, 08:48 PM
don't worry bout anything. _sinue_ if you even know bout the RM2k3 stuff you'll realize that it won't make ST's sales drop. here is several reasons:
1. no fan base games i saw made by RM2k3 got so big that it lowered sales.
2. Why would anyone stop buying all these 3D nicely featered games for a 2D game? (I'm not saying blazers game will suck, i'm sayin it's chances of getting more popular than pso is highly slim)
3.The highest popularity it will get is within the RM2k3 community. alot of ppl who play pso probably don't even know bout RM2k3. some don't even know bout pso world.

_Sinue_
Sep 3, 2003, 10:57 PM
That's not the point crazy_latino2. It's more a matter of him using Sega's intellectual copyrights without permission. Everyone knows that it won't hurt sales.. no fangame ever does, but that doesn't stop corperations from persuing those who make them. The fact is, he is using Sega's property without permission.

This artical over at the SCUMM BAR (http://www.scummbar.com/resources/articles/index.php?newssniffer=readarticle&article=7) explains the situation that happened with LucasArts and the fangame sequel to MI3, and explains in much better detail than I have the time or ambition to do.

Weither or not you think you can get away with it, is irrelevant to me. My point, again, is that it's not "Perfectly Alright" just because it's free.

BlazingTiger
Sep 3, 2003, 11:48 PM
On 2003-09-03 20:57, _Sinue_ wrote:
That's not the point crazy_latino2. It's more a matter of him using Sega's intellectual copyrights without permission. Everyone knows that it won't hurt sales.. no fangame ever does, but that doesn't stop corperations from persuing those who make them. The fact is, he is using Sega's property without permission.

This artical over at the SCUMM BAR (http://www.scummbar.com/resources/articles/index.php?newssniffer=readarticle&article=7) explains the situation that happened with LucasArts and the fangame sequel to MI3, and explains in much better detail than I have the time or ambition to do.

Weither or not you think you can get away with it, is irrelevant to me. My point, again, is that it's not "Perfectly Alright" just because it's free.

Would you say the same ting if every fan club, pso forum or web site needed sonic team's permission to post its images, character info, etc?...

Ash1ey
Sep 4, 2003, 01:09 AM
How is fanart violating there copyright if sega runs the minihiro, which is for pso fanart...

Valleo
Sep 4, 2003, 09:34 AM
On 2003-09-03 20:57, _Sinue_ wrote:

Oh for gods sake, who the hell cares? Let him make his fan game. If ST decides they want him to cease and desisit, then he'll quit making it. Its really not complicated.

KodiaX987
Sep 4, 2003, 11:31 AM
Do like me: make your RPG look like PSO, feel like PSO, with classes just like PSO... But it's not PSO!

The only problem is that the whole thing evolved into something completely different in the process. -.-;;

monkeyfist
Sep 4, 2003, 03:24 PM
On 2003-09-03 17:23, BlazingTiger wrote:

On 2003-09-03 17:11, monkeyfist wrote:

Tell more... What program are you using to build it?

i'll give you guys hints on what it is about. hee hee hee
HINT OF THE DAY:It's about current events

and, by the way, is on RM2K

_Sinue_
Sep 5, 2003, 01:04 AM
Technically MonkeyFist, they can shut down a site for posting their intellectual property in the form of screenshots or other forms of media. Because so many people took screenshots and posted them on the internet durring the DC days, it started to become a problem and Sega put in a Copyright tag which overlays your photo when you take a picture on the NGC or Xbox.

Another example of this some of you would remember would be a few years back when Nintnedo sued the online magazine Daily Radar for using Nintnedo's copyrighted material in one of their Pokemon Strategy Guides without their express permission.

Sega's own Minhiro Website is filled with content that has all been recieved and approved by Sega. Try sending in a Hentai FanArt - or even one that's not explicit, but shows PSO in a non-appropriate light (A RAcast flipping off DarkFalz while grabbing his crotch would be a good example) and see if Sega puts it up on their website.

FanArt and FanFiction is generally acceptable as it is a completely different medium than the actual game.. and is deemed acceptable by most all companies - including Sega. (Some are pricks about it though) It also often falls under the realm of Parody, which copyright laws allow to a point, and which has precidence in court.

Valleo - read my quote again.

"Weither or not you think you can get away with it, is irrelevant to me. My point, again, is that it's not "Perfectly Alright" just because it's free."

Weither he makes the game or not, I could care less. Go for it.. I'm not going to try to stop you. I'm only arguing against his presumptions - and nothing more. Think of it like MP3's. I agree with their free download and dispersal.. I have quite a few on my computer now.. and will download more in the future. However, I'm not going to sit back and delude myself into thinking it's legal or "ok" in any way. I know the law, but I simply choose to ignore it... and I will argue the point of it's legality with anyone who tries to tell me it's ok - because it's not.

If you don't want me arguing the point anymore.. stop replying or shift the topic in a new direction.

BlazingTiger
Sep 5, 2003, 01:09 AM
I am pleased with how it is turning out. I can not add some of PSO's features (for obvious reasons, it is 2d) but the game has a PSO(slash)Phantasy Star 1 feel. PS 1 was my favorite out of the four ps games personaly. I do believe you all will like it. A lot of work is being put into it. RPG fans will like it.

Valleo
Sep 5, 2003, 12:37 PM
Cool, Id like to see how it turns out. On a side note, I had downloaded RPG Maker 2003 however I could not find many sprites for it. Well, not as many as for its predecessor. Have people been creating more tools (ie sprites, sounds weapons ect) for it? I figured it would take a while and was wondering... or are you just creating your own sprites? I would try it, but I am teh suxxors at creating sprites.

KodiaX987
Sep 5, 2003, 01:38 PM
Just as some dude said about "Monologues of the Vagina": We don't wanna know about it; we wanna SEE it!

So come on, start giving us screenshots of the work in progress or something! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

BlazingTiger
Sep 5, 2003, 03:20 PM
Yeah. I'll have some screen shots of it by next week. Most of the previews will be descriptions of what to expect out of the game.

As for the sprites, a lot of rpm 2oo3, you can use but others you have to upload into "paint" and edit, or create your own. It is a lot of work but well worth the effort. The hard part is creating enemy stats and weapons, weapon animation and weapon stats.
The design of the board is also hard to design but gets easier once you develope a basic look. The enemies won't look quite like what you are used to seeing in PSO, but many will be evolved forms, others, totaly new and undiscovered in PSO. It will be like an expanded universe version, still keeping it close and tight to the original story.

monkeyfist
Sep 5, 2003, 03:29 PM
sinue said:
Technically MonkeyFist, they can shut down a site for posting their intellectual property in the form of screenshots or other forms of media. Because so many people took screenshots and posted them on the internet durring the DC days, it started to become a problem and Sega put in a Copyright tag which overlays your photo when you take a picture on the NGC or Xbox.

what did i say??? you're yelling at me for something i didn't even say. apparently the words "mine is not a sci-fi or pso related" are cause for yelling, but please explain

HINT OF THE DAY:Current event on the west half of the USA

BlazingTiger
Sep 5, 2003, 04:05 PM
On 2003-09-05 13:29, monkeyfist wrote:

sinue said:

what did i say??? you're yelling at me for something i didn't even say. apparently the words "mine is not a sci-fi or pso related" are cause for yelling, but please explain

HINT OF THE DAY:Current event on the west half of the USA

I wouldn't mind it too much monkeyfist. Some people have dogmatic views about fan based material. Provided the fan based material is not offensive in nature, does not threaten the sales or popularity of the company or product, is not for sale, and is all in good fun, I would say, LET IT BE! As for those opposed to making PSO fan based games, may need to lighten up, stop with the mp3 copying and practice what is being preached. Let it be for crying out loud! If Sonic Team has a problem with it, then in most cases, the people involved will shut the project down. This can all be in good fun provided a few "teacher's pets" can lighten up a bit and not go snitching about. Monkeyfist, I think he was reffering to me, so I wouldn't worry about it...

_Sinue_
Sep 5, 2003, 04:46 PM
First off Monkey, I wasn't yelling at you. I don't see how you got that impression from my response. Lecturing maybe.. but not yelling. I'm simply telling you how it is. Being a member of the Abandonware scene and follower of quite a few fan-game projects... I know the score as far as the law is concerned. Most people don't have the first clue about copyright laws and how they work. Alot of ABware enthusiests, for example, belive that just because a game is around 7 years old and is not being sold or supported by it's parent company, that it becomes free domain. That's true actually.. however the images, dialouges, characters, and much more are protected by Intellectual Copyrights which can last 80 years before being deemed as free domain. Go to the IDSA's webpage to learn more about it.

As I reitterate for the third time, I don't care if you make fan-games. Just don't delude yourself and others into thinking it's "Ok" or legal. Without Sega's express permission, you're breaking the law.. plain and simple. I wouldn't be arguing this point if people would just fess up and be like "Yeah, I'm breaking the law.. so?" That's perfectly accepable to me. If you want to break the law, that's your own decision. I'm just telling you to be aware of it.. and not hide behind self imposed ignorance. That's all.

BlazingTiger
Sep 5, 2003, 06:47 PM
On 2003-09-05 14:46, _Sinue_ wrote:
First off Monkey, I wasn't yelling at you. I don't see how you got that impression from my response. Lecturing maybe.. but not yelling. I'm simply telling you how it is. Being a member of the Abandonware scene and follower of quite a few fan-game projects... I know the score as far as the law is concerned. Most people don't have the first clue about copyright laws and how they work. Alot of ABware enthusiests, for example, belive that just because a game is around 7 years old and is not being sold or supported by it's parent company, that it becomes free domain. That's true actually.. however the images, dialouges, characters, and much more are protected by Intellectual Copyrights which can last 80 years before being deemed as free domain. Go to the IDSA's webpage to learn more about it.

As I reitterate for the third time, I don't care if you make fan-games. Just don't delude yourself and others into thinking it's "Ok" or legal. Without Sega's express permission, you're breaking the law.. plain and simple. I wouldn't be arguing this point if people would just fess up and be like "Yeah, I'm breaking the law.. so?" That's perfectly accepable to me. If you want to break the law, that's your own decision. I'm just telling you to be aware of it.. and not hide behind self imposed ignorance. That's all.

lol

BlazingTiger
Sep 5, 2003, 07:00 PM
Sinue, do you know what the purpose of copyright laws are for? To protect the rights of the owners. If the owner's rights, products, images are in jeapordy of false explotation, then copyrights help protect them from other's use and abuse of it. It keeps others from making claims of material that was not originaly theirs (I am not ignorant). ANYTHING can have copyrights. I can copyright this post and claim it mine. If anything comes close to mirroring this post, I could agrue it in court and stop people from duplicating it, SO WHAT! If it is illegal, then perhaps all fan based pso forums that don't have Sonic Team's permission to discuss terms like "monomate", "dimate", "summit moon" should be terminated! Stop being so an*l. If fan based material and web sites are illegal, then don't visit the sites, don't support them. As for me, I am not too concerned with you Sinue, I would rather speak with someone from Sonic Team. lol

Ash1ey
Sep 5, 2003, 07:07 PM
Aaaaaanyway....

Yeah, some pics would be great, I'll keep checking back and see if you posted any, I didnt even know that there was a 2003 RPG maker... last one i ever saw was 2k -_-

Where can i dl the 2003 one?

Also, I'm looking forward to playing the game when its done

BlazingTiger
Sep 5, 2003, 09:22 PM
On 2003-09-05 17:07, Steve II wrote:
Aaaaaanyway....

Yeah, some pics would be great, I'll keep checking back and see if you posted any, I didnt even know that there was a 2003 RPG maker... last one i ever saw was 2k -_-

Where can i dl the 2003 one?

Also, I'm looking forward to playing the game when its done

Thanx. Yeah I'll get those pics in soon. Just need to find a way to copy the images from the game without having to take an actual picture. Also, the RPG maker 2003 is a real nice piece of work, especialy if you know your stuff. I'm not sure where you can dl it for free (english export is $100), but I heard there are some places you can get it online. Check yahoo under "rpg maker 2003". Seek and ye shall find...

Ash1ey
Sep 6, 2003, 01:19 PM
Haha, I dled RPG Maker 2003 last night, and im having lotsa fun... but

This is an interesting trend with me... everytime I dl RPG maker, I get sick...

3 years ago, I dled RPG Maker 95, spent alot of time with it, got sick

2 years ago I dled RPG maker 2000, spent alot of time on it, and I got sick

and now I dled RPG maker 2003 and been using it nonstop, and guess what http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif I'm sick lol

Anyway, other then that its great, I've been changing around the sprites a bit... and dled lotsa char sets

Hows the progress on your game coming along?

crazy_latino2
Sep 6, 2003, 01:27 PM
http://alex.ombra.net/charas/charas_facegen/index.php
go there and click on chara.exe and download it it's really kick ass.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: crazy_latino2 on 2003-09-06 11:28 ]</font>

BlazingTiger
Sep 6, 2003, 03:02 PM
On 2003-09-06 11:27, crazy_latino2 wrote:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: crazy_latino2 on 2003-09-06 11:28 ]</font>

Thanx for the link. A lot of cool ideas, I got from there.

The progress of the game is coming along great. It is going to be a nice rpg. I will leave room to make the game "expandable" so when the popularity grows, I will create newer versions with more quests and enemies.

BlazingTiger
Sep 6, 2003, 03:04 PM
Also, can someone give me some ideas of how to copy the pics from the game and save as a jpg file without having to take an actual picture?

monkeyfist
Sep 6, 2003, 05:43 PM
On 2003-09-06 11:27, crazy_latino2 wrote:

you are my hero. thats exactly what i needed. sry kadou, i dont think i need you anymore

monkeyfist
Sep 6, 2003, 06:04 PM
drat!!! i made my char but i can't get it to work in the game :*( how do i dowload it correctly?

crazy_latino2
Sep 6, 2003, 06:48 PM
let me guess there is a big block of color on your char right? I had this same problem. just open the rm2k3. click on the import thing right next to the database. click import. look for your chara, it will open a window of your chara. click on the background. it should be blinking. if so then click ok then next time you play wit your chara it won't be there no more!!!
and your welcome guyz. glad i could be of some help!!! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: crazy_latino2 on 2003-09-06 16:50 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: crazy_latino2 on 2003-09-06 16:51 ]</font>

BlazingTiger
Sep 7, 2003, 01:08 AM
Wow! The game is looking decent for a fan game. It will be my best rpg yet. I still need suggestions on how to get those images up here for your viewing pleasures.

The only thing is that it would not have any true cinimas, but the game more than makes up for that.

Ash1ey
Sep 7, 2003, 05:46 AM
The only way I know of taking pictures would be the print scren, but you asked for it to not be like that :/, there could be another way but... i dunno :/

BlazingTiger
Sep 7, 2003, 03:55 PM
My print screen does not work. I would if I could, but I need to know how to at least get the print screen to respond.

BlazingTiger
Sep 8, 2003, 12:53 AM
I am now 53% done with the rpg game. I am making exceptional progress. I should be completed with the game by this Friday. I would need some volunteers to help test the game (beta test) before I build a web site (forum) for it. Volunteers?

Ash1ey
Sep 8, 2003, 05:46 AM
hey, I'll beta test it for you, you can send it to me over AIM if you like

BlazingTiger
Sep 8, 2003, 10:57 AM
That is good. I have one beta tester, I need at least 3 more. Any volunteers?

Valleo
Sep 8, 2003, 01:11 PM
Raises hand. Ill Beta it.

JohanCC
Sep 8, 2003, 08:30 PM
I'll also beta if you want.

BlazingTiger
Sep 9, 2003, 12:07 PM
Very good. I need at least one more for the beta test. Game is 72% done

THEGOD
Sep 9, 2003, 12:29 PM
Ill beta test it!! Email the game to me at [email protected]. is it about 20 megabytes?

Kadavreski
Sep 9, 2003, 02:35 PM
On 2003-09-02 15:38, BlazingTiger wrote:
I was thinking about creating a pso rpg offline game. It will be in the style of the older phantasy star games with all of episode 1 and 2 latest features, weapons and characters. Before begining it, I just wanted to know what you as a rpg fan would like to see in the game. (it will be free of course)

Please comment.

hmm...sounds good,but sega would'nt do that...
you know them...

BlazingTiger
Sep 9, 2003, 02:43 PM
O.k, it looks like we have enough people for the beta test. It is still open for about two or three more people if you still want to join. I will be opening a temp forum for the beta testers to give comments about the game and give any suggestions or corrections that need to be made.

The temp forum will be exclusively for the beta testers. I will upgrade the forum and create a solid and professional site for pso rpg gamers once the beta testing is done.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BlazingTiger on 2003-09-09 12:44 ]</font>

Kadavreski
Sep 9, 2003, 02:53 PM
On 2003-09-09 12:43, BlazingTiger wrote:
O.k, it looks like we have enough people for the beta test. It is still open for about two or three more people if you still want to join. I will be opening a temp forum for the beta testers to give comments about the game and give any suggestions or corrections that need to be made.

The temp forum will be exclusively for the beta testers. I will upgrade the forum and create a solid and professional site for pso rpg gamers once the beta testing is done.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BlazingTiger on 2003-09-09 12:44 ]</font>

i'll beta!!!
send too...

[email][email protected]

Bradicus
Sep 9, 2003, 03:02 PM
I second that (beta testing i mean). pm me for my email.

monkeyfist
Sep 9, 2003, 04:04 PM
I WANNA BETA!!!!!!! PM ME FOR E-MAIL

Neoluke12
Sep 9, 2003, 04:07 PM
Can I have a beta please!!!!!!

[email protected]

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Neoluke12 on 2003-09-09 14:10 ]</font>

crazy_latino2
Sep 9, 2003, 06:56 PM
i'll beta too.
[email protected]

BlazingTiger
Sep 10, 2003, 11:00 AM
I will be sure to contact you all with information on where the beta test forum is once the game is completed.

BlazingTiger
Sep 11, 2003, 05:44 PM
Just an update.

I am playing the game through, changing enemy stats as I go. The game should be ready for beta test next Thursday.

87% complete

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BlazingTiger on 2003-09-11 15:45 ]</font>

monkeyfist
Sep 12, 2003, 04:42 PM
On 2003-09-11 15:44, BlazingTiger wrote:
Just an update.

I am playing the game through, changing enemy stats as I go. The game should be ready for beta test next Thursday.

87% complete

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BlazingTiger on 2003-09-11 15:45 ]</font>

w00t!!! huzzah!!! im excited!!!

Ash1ey
Sep 12, 2003, 07:58 PM
cant wait till next thursday then!! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

crazy_latino2
Sep 13, 2003, 09:54 AM
i can't wait for this....

Thursday
Thursday
Thursday!!!!!!!!!!

prismsub5
Sep 13, 2003, 10:55 AM
If it was text-based i could help you
>see sig

BlazingTiger
Sep 15, 2003, 11:27 PM
Update*

I was experimenting with an idea but I will leave it out of the beta version. I am working on an ending but most of all I'm playing the game through and making corrections as I go. That is not easy for many bugs has showed up, but the game is running smoothly so far.

89.9% done. Going through the game is a slow process but I should make the thursday deadline alright.

Ash1ey
Sep 16, 2003, 02:46 PM
One question, can we use our beta ver saves for your game with the full version? or start over

BlazingTiger
Sep 16, 2003, 07:10 PM
To answer the above question...

I wouldn't use the old save games for both versions, for they may vary, depending on the changes and updates. The beta test should be very close to the finished version. The beta test is just to ensure that there aren't any bugs I didn't miss, or misspelled words. lol

Ash1ey
Sep 16, 2003, 07:33 PM
Ahh okay then, looking forward to it

BlazingTiger
Sep 22, 2003, 10:07 PM
Sorry about the delay. We were hit hard with the hurricane, lost power for a few days also slowed down production. The game is almost done and should be ready by wednsday.

Ash1ey
Sep 23, 2003, 02:35 PM
hey np, ill look forward to tommorrow (wednesday then)

BlazingTiger
Sep 24, 2003, 01:03 AM
The game is FINALY done. I should have a temp forum up for the beta testers some time today.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BlazingTiger on 2003-09-23 23:03 ]</font>

BlazingTiger
Sep 24, 2003, 03:56 AM
Here is a link to download the game for all beta testers.

http://blazingtiger.p8o.com/forums

Ash1ey
Sep 24, 2003, 05:48 AM
need the password to dl it >_<

DarkSithCLK
Sep 24, 2003, 07:08 AM
yeah cant wait

BlazingTiger
Sep 24, 2003, 02:03 PM
The game is ready. I will put the link in my signature.
I sent the passwords out so you can dl. If you need help with the setup, just post.

monkeyfist
Sep 24, 2003, 03:50 PM
i registered but i need password.

BlazingTiger
Sep 25, 2003, 09:57 AM
We need about 3 more testers.

KodiaX987
Sep 25, 2003, 10:13 AM
Will there be screenshots for us non-beta dudes?

BlazingTiger
Sep 25, 2003, 01:08 PM
I am trying to find a way to print the screen shots. My print screen option does nothing.

BlazingTiger
Sep 26, 2003, 02:03 AM
I corrected the error problem. The download should work fine now.

prismsub5
Sep 26, 2003, 06:04 AM
On 2003-09-25 11:08, BlazingTiger wrote:
I am trying to find a way to print the screen shots. My print screen option does nothing.

Hyper-Snap-DX

http://hyperionics.swmirror.com/HS5Setup.exe
http://www.hyperionics.com/downloads/HS5Setup.exe
http://www.hyperionics.com/downloads/d2/HS5Setup.exe

BlazingTiger
Sep 26, 2003, 09:34 AM
On 2003-09-26 04:04, prismsub5 wrote:

Hyper-Snap-DX

Thanx a lot man. I will have those pics up by later on today.

BlazingTiger
Sep 26, 2003, 09:36 AM
On 2003-09-26 04:04, prismsub5 wrote:

Hyper-Snap-DX

Thanx a lot man. I will have those pics up by later on today.

BlazingTiger
Sep 26, 2003, 12:39 PM
I can't get the program's website off of the screen shots since it is a trial edition. lol. But here they are.

http://blazingtiger.p8o.com/Snap1.bmp
http://blazingtiger.p8o.com/Snap3.bmp
http://blazingtiger.p8o.com/Snap4.bmp
http://blazingtiger.p8o.com/Snap5.bmp
http://blazingtiger.p8o.com/Snap10.bmp

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BlazingTiger on 2003-09-26 10:40 ]</font>

BlazingTiger
Sep 26, 2003, 02:40 PM
Updated pics. I found a better program to print the pics.
The actual game is clearer of course. These are ruff shots...

Title Screen:
http://blazingtiger.p8o.com/pictitle.jpg

Map
http://blazingtiger.p8o.com/map1.jpg

Map

http://blazingtiger.p8o.com/map2.jpg

Fighting
http://blazingtiger.p8o.com/fight1.jpg

Walking
http://blazingtiger.p8o.com/walk1.jpg

BlazingTiger
Sep 27, 2003, 06:18 PM
The beta testing is going fine. Thank you all who are involved.

-BK-
Sep 27, 2003, 08:55 PM
On 2003-09-02 21:25, BlazingTiger wrote:
I have begun the game. It will include 4 characters. I am writing out the storyline and the basic adventure. The hard part will be creating the weapons and character settings. I wanted the characters to include, ranger, hunter, force, android. Please give a suggestion on what type of characters.

Did you not read _Sinue_'s reply. Allow me to rephrase the first part. If you do not have Sonic Teams permission to use the name, or anything else related to the series (you are allowed to make a sci-fi rpg, just can't call it Phantasy Star or use anything else copyrighted). Acting against this is breaking a Federal law and could get you in serious trouble.

BlazingTiger
Sep 27, 2003, 11:45 PM
lol.

He we go...

If you are not affiliated with Sonic Team, get off of my case.

BlazingTiger
Sep 28, 2003, 12:11 AM
To add...

Unless you have contributed something subtatial to the development of PSO, either by being a programmer or representative of Sonic Team or PSO, please refrain from fan bashing.

Anything used, posted images or even words like monomate, or dimate without the consent of Sonic team can be considered illegal. Fan base material poses threats only to the copyright owners that beleive it does. Without fans, games die. Without fan based sites and discussion boards, the people lose interest. Before getting so self righteous with one who has dedicated himself to the growth of pso fan based material, try making a stand by not visiting the sites. Before quoting a phrase or posting an image you did not get permission from the copyright owners, seek them out and ask for permission before proceeding.

First practice that which you preach.

Most bashing comes from people who can not contribute anything creative of themselves. I appreciate honest concerns, but I can not stand hypocrisy.

-BK-
Sep 28, 2003, 09:11 AM
If you are suggesting that PSO-World is breaking copyright laws, you couldn't be more wrong. At the bottom of every page on this site is,

All PSO images and official illustrations are (C) SONICTEAM / SEGA, 2000-2003. All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner. The comments are property of their posters, all the rest © 2000-2003 by PSO World
This is in co-ordinance with copyright laws. For a site to use images and names of another parties works, they are required to have a simular statement. Also, if PSOW were breaking copyright laws, GameSpy would not allow them to have server space. And, yes, I am an affliate of Sega.

BlazingTiger
Sep 28, 2003, 12:21 PM
On 2003-09-28 07:11, -BK- wrote:
If you are suggesting that PSO-World is breaking copyright laws, you couldn't be more wrong. At the bottom of every page on this site is,

All PSO images and official illustrations are (C) SONICTEAM / SEGA, 2000-2003. All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner. The comments are property of their posters, all the rest ? 2000-2003 by PSO World
This is in co-ordinance with copyright laws. For a site to use images and names of another parties works, they are required to have a simular statement. Also, if PSOW were breaking copyright laws, GameSpy would not allow them to have server space. And, yes, I am an affliate of Sega.

So be it... So will I.