PDA

View Full Version : GC: Stuck offline, with one controller... help!

ShadowChao
Sep 2, 2003, 06:12 PM
Okay, as the topic states, I'm offline only (not by choice) and can't afford a second controller. Probably not for at least another month or something... anyway, I NEED to transfer some items to my other characters and such, but multiplayer mode won't allow me to go in, unless I have a second controller in my console.
Is there ANY way around this? I don't know anyone else with a GameCube, so I can't borrow anyone's controller.

Hurry! My cute little FOnewearl needs my HUmar's Hilde-canes! Among other things, that is.

Silver-X
Sep 2, 2003, 06:23 PM
nope, if u at the char. select screen(in multiplayer-mode)it will ask for 1 or more controllers ..
so ehh no way around this :/ sorry bout that

Symbios
Sep 2, 2003, 06:34 PM
Wait a month...............if worse comes to worse, go online. But try to avoid the dark side ><

Isat0
Sep 2, 2003, 10:28 PM
borrow a controller for a few hours, you have to know someone with game cube

Para
Sep 2, 2003, 10:41 PM
find some friends to play offline multiplayer. its very rewarding.

ShadowChao
Sep 2, 2003, 11:33 PM
Isat0, I don't know anyone with a GameCube. I know someone that USED to have one, but he got rid of it (and all 5 controllers he had, the bastard).

Nites, if I had more controllers/friends with GC's, of course I'd play multiplayer! The problem is I have neither.

Also, I don't have online because the BBA costs... what? $30+ I think, among the fees for online play, another DSL splitter (I think)... and right now money's VERY tight, otherwise I'd just buy the damn controller http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Night_Star
Sep 2, 2003, 11:52 PM
that sux for you then doesnt it! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif jk
there really isnt anything that you can do right now anyways, except wait until you have money for another controller. sorry 'bout that http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

ShadowChao
Sep 3, 2003, 12:01 AM
Alright, thanks. I was hoping that maybe someone else had found a way around that problem (for item transfers alone, not gameplay) but if not, that's fine. I can spend the time getting my Force up enough to use the items I wanna twink her with.

PiXelz
Sep 3, 2003, 12:09 AM
I had the same problem..

Solution: Borrow about 8 dollars and buy a really cheap controller, (from walmart or some other chain) and use it to transfer your items. But instead of keeping that crummy thing, just return it the same day for a full refund! As long as you have your reciept and you didn't totally 'destroy' the package it came in, it'll work just fine.

Jack
Sep 3, 2003, 03:11 AM
Or buy a PS2 pad adapter and borrow one from a friend.

rena-ko
Sep 3, 2003, 09:47 AM
you only need one splitter btw...
what you should aim at is a router or you switch cables each time you change from cube to pc (given you have a DSL modem working on LAN, not USB or as a PCI-card).
or you buy another network card (around 10 bucks) and route the cube through the pc - via network sharing. pc has to be on(line) when you want to play online of course.

have fun

Toruxxx
Sep 5, 2003, 05:46 AM
On 2003-09-03 01:11, Jack wrote:
Or buy a PS2 pad adapter and borrow one from a friend.

wouldnt that jus cost as much as a GC controller? would just be a waste of money for him at least if he gets a controller he can have some one to play with.