PDA

View Full Version : Is GC Ultimate Too Easy?

Para
Sep 2, 2003, 09:28 PM
After going through ultimate on both v2(PC) and v3(GC)... I got to say that GC really nerfed ultimate very badly... I mean its so easy to reach Ruins Ultimate at level 95... I remember when I was playing v2 ultimate.. at level 95 I just finished off Dal Ral Lie for the like the 3rd time only because how he killed me so easily.

It is also so easy to damage the ultimate monsters now... When I reached ultimate with my HUnewearl or my FOnewearl, I could barely put a dent into those bartles because their godly defense. It took me almost an hr just to finish forest ultimate. However in the GC version, power that was shown by the monsters in v2 was almost non existent.
Do you think it would be nice for ST to jack up the stats of all ultimate monsters so ultimate would live up to its name like v2?

Dbc
Sep 2, 2003, 09:33 PM
yes i have seen that, I tried my red mechs on a arlan on v2(pc) and they did 0 damage, I had to use my red sword with 50 dark to hit the arlans.

ShadowChao
Sep 2, 2003, 11:59 PM
Ehh.. I'll admit that it's easy, but it's gotta be. I mean, we have Episode2 Ultimate to go through as well. It's sorta like going 80-125-ish through Episode1, then finishing to 200 on Episode2.

Hell, my 103 HUmar is still in the mines, and even then, it scares me. I just make Forest runs and do quests in hopes of hitting 110 AT LEAST before I attempt Ultimate VolOpt.

Nani-chan
Sep 3, 2003, 01:50 AM
Go do some ult seat of the heart or some east/west tower solo online. Hopefully that will be "fun" for you http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

ZXb80-RAcast
Sep 3, 2003, 08:25 AM
i've not reached Ult yet, but i'm working through very hard at the moment, i have to say that episode 1 is a lot easier than episode 2. seabed is difficult enough on hard for me at the moment.

Rownan
Sep 3, 2003, 09:18 AM
I don't see it.. My HUmar is lvl 111 and I can only make it through ultimate caves, I get owned in the mines. Ultimate is really difficult. I don't know how it was compared to DC as I never made it to ultimate when I played on that console..

What are you talking about beating it at level 95?? I call BS.

rena-ko
Sep 3, 2003, 09:39 AM
v2-ult was ridiculous.
dump your v1-weapons, since you wont do any damage. get a red handgun from someone until you can stand against the forest critters...

i'd say its pretty fair now, doing 200+ damage with a lvl 80 hunyu and a last survivor (<- my first v3-ult experience actually).

Dragon_Knight
Sep 3, 2003, 10:20 AM
Yea I like the new Ult mode better, beleve me when you have a Humar losing all his money on [b][i]TRIFLUIDS[i][b] of all things just to get through the forest because he can't find some godly Red saber then you'll understand why I like this version of it better. Starting Ultimate in Ver2 at level 60 just wasn't any fun at all. I still remeber all those three hour trips through levels just so I could beat them then I remeber getting a CB so I could finally get that red saber and STILL not being able to hit jack.

Valleo
Sep 3, 2003, 10:44 AM
DC was more of a challenge, but then, it was also a little ridiculous. There was no way to do decent damage without a V2 weapon, so all my favourite V1 weps (Orotiagito, Lavis cannon) became useless. I think the point was to make all the hacked weps from V1 obsolete. I think this version is fair, since most of the weapons have been powered down as well as the baddies. Overall its more balanced. Also, like someone else said, there Episode 2 to trudge through as well, if you need a bigger challenge.

Voodoochild
Sep 3, 2003, 11:11 AM
I like the dc ver better than gc. Gc ver is lil to easy. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

colicab
Sep 3, 2003, 11:11 AM
Yeah V2 was just a bit silly in Ult mode http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

V3 is fairer but i dunno.. i guess once your on the seabed its gona become a bit solid http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Kent
Sep 3, 2003, 12:28 PM
V2 Ultimate, as said by many before, was ludicrous. Episode 1 & 2's Ultimate mode, however, is much more balanced and possible to win in.

Of course, Bartles do a total of 1 point of damage to my level 108 FOmar when he has Deband and Jellen active, so either they're too weak or my spells, at just over level 20, are too strong.

Garm
Sep 3, 2003, 01:09 PM
haven't played v2 but the ultimate mines are way to hard with a level 95 HUmar. glad i have lv 15 rafoie.
and if v2 was even harder.. inmagine if it also had a episode 2 http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Malkavian
Sep 3, 2003, 02:07 PM
I think is ridicously easily.For me that I got used to DC ver2 now Episode 1&2 is a bit deceiving in difficulty.

And offline u_u At lv 120 I can win Olga Flow ult healing only 1 or 2 times. Thats 1 or 2 trimates.

vegeta000110
Sep 3, 2003, 02:55 PM
I haven't played v2 but GAAAAAAAAAAH! How can you guys manage beating falz at 95 when I'm at 92 and starting to have a chance against the forest?

St_Botchua
Sep 3, 2003, 02:58 PM
episode two ult is crazy hard we could barley beat gal gryphon in my team and we had too people above 150

NodMan
Sep 3, 2003, 03:22 PM
It is way to easy for me if my HUcast can stand up to all but Ult. SeaBed at LV. 130 that is pathetic.

TheTrueJanus
Sep 3, 2003, 03:40 PM
::sigh:: I miss V2 Ultimate....now THAT was a challenge. I remember getting into Ult Forest while my friend was over, and I wanted to show off my characters super skills....then I met a Bartle. At the time, I think I had the Sonic Knuckles (obvious hack), and I was doing an amazing 20-30 per hit....yup, I really showed off my skills then....I died about 1 minute later and shut off the game, claiming some weird glitch must have happened....but V2 Ult was awesome, GC Ultimate seems....kinda lame, lol. If most of my characters could rush through Forest at levels 59-62, you know something is up, especially since I play legit. Yup, V2 was much better.

Para
Sep 3, 2003, 03:54 PM
v2 ultimate is the real challenge =)

but i still think the ultimate monsters for v3 need a stat boost abit... not like v2 high but atleast higher..

Joe-Azlin
Sep 3, 2003, 04:28 PM
ultimate should be harder than it was in the dreamcast version . . . . that would be truly a challenge http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Mixfortune
Sep 4, 2003, 01:44 AM
Hmm yes it may have been more "difficult" on Ver.2,
but the damage calculations were all messed up, showing
no real thinking, mostly from the percents on the
weapons adding off ALL your damage.

Meaning, I can do 1600 in vhard, but 8 in ultimate
IF the defense is higher of course, but not as
high as one might think.

Say you had a weapon with 50% to Native. And
in Vhard your damage was 800, with your
base ATP AND weapon. So that would become 1200 dmg.
Well, say in Ultimate their defense went up by 750,
well your base damage would be 50, with the aforementioned
percent it would only be 75. So its a difference
of 1125 damage when their defense only went up by 750.
If they had 900 more defense, you'd do 0, for example.

Now, Ver.2 Weapons added insane amounts of ATP,
don't deny it. The added boost just helps you do
more BASE damage, and then the percents do the rest,
since they added to your ENTIRE ATP with the weapon
equipped.

In EPI&II, percents add to the amount of damage
the weapon itself adds. So instead of mechguns
dealing 400-500+ a hit (once your Base ATP was
high enough)(ver.2), you have mechguns that add 4 ATP
instead of 3 ATP (as in EPI&II).

So to sum up yes, ver.2 Ultimate was "harder" until
you get a ver.2 wep and enough base atp to break
the higher defense. Everything after that point
made ver.2 Ultimate easier than EPI&II Ultimate.

Oh, that and the old MAG Invulnerability in ver.2
lasted a long, long, time, and worked very, very,
often (Apsaras, anyone?)

Dragon_Knight
Sep 4, 2003, 11:27 AM
Joe-Azlin- Your kidding right? If we had a set up like that we'd be stuck in V hard till at least lv. 110 before being able to do decent enough damage to get through the forest in about 2 hours. Yes bopping monters is fun...but no, bopping the SAME monster for 5 minutes isn't.

CGoodness
Sep 4, 2003, 12:26 PM
On 2003-09-03 09:11, colicab wrote:
Yeah V2 was just a bit silly in Ult mode http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

V3 is fairer but i dunno.. i guess once your on the seabed its gona become a bit solid http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

I agree... the one time ive gone online I went into seabed with my 119 HUmar along with 3 toher characters around level 140 or so

they all died in the first room though and I was the only legit haha

lain2k3
Sep 4, 2003, 03:36 PM
On 2003-09-02 21:59, ShadowChao wrote:

Hell, my 103 HUmar is still in the mines, and even then, it scares me. I just make Forest runs and do quests in hopes of hitting 110 AT LEAST before I attempt Ultimate VolOpt.

I iknow what you mean, but omg the mines are easy as hell for rangers. my ramarl got to ult at level 55, beat dragon at 57, beat dal ra lie at 68, and got into the ult ruins at level 74!