PDA

View Full Version : Sonic Team Online Weapon Question

Kurosatsu
Sep 3, 2003, 01:03 PM
I was curious if it was possible for sonic team to release new weapons into the game from the online servers that isn't already in the offline game.

whizkid7
Sep 3, 2003, 01:14 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Real Nei's Claw didn't exist until the Control Tower quest came out. Therefore, I would assume that they can add new weapons, provided the coding for it is already in the game. (in other words, they planned to add it in later)

Sashi
Sep 3, 2003, 02:37 PM
No, everything is on the Disc already. The reaosn the new Nei's claw wasn't found offline, is because Ill Gill can only be found in online mode. It just reads the data off the disc.

VioletSkye
Sep 3, 2003, 02:58 PM
LOL not another one of these posts. Every ITEM, MONSTER, LOCATION, NPC, HOLIDAY RAPPY etc, is ALREADY ON THE DISC. You may not be able to access them all, but they are there. As Sashi pointed out the Real Nei's Claw is on the disc, but can only be generated from the Ill Gill which appears online. It will be the same with any future items (red Ring). They are on the disc, but will require certain circumstances in order to acquire them.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2003-09-03 13:00 ]</font>

Guntz348
Sep 3, 2003, 03:57 PM
Like they said all the items, places and people are on the disc allready. Also the gamecube has no patching system what so ever. This is mainly due to the fact that it's only storage space is the memory card. The Xbox could be updated, thoretically. I know they can patch things on Xbox, like how they removed the shop dupe bug, but I don't think they can really add content that way.

Reece
Sep 3, 2003, 09:10 PM
But will the Halo Rappy's Jack O's still have the same shit?

Sashi
Sep 3, 2003, 09:35 PM
On 2003-09-03 19:10, Reece wrote:
But will the Halo Rappy's Jack O's still have the same shit?

Yes, because they drop items, that when opened, can randomly be a set of certain items. The set is coded onto the disk, and can't go outside of those items. The only way you could get different items is if there are duplicate Holiday rappy items, that are encoded to have different sets of items, and I highly doubt this is the case.

So, all drops will be the same, forever, and ever.

Symbios
Sep 3, 2003, 09:42 PM
If you are offline only, get the episode 1and 2 revised or whatever. It has the tower quest offline, doesnt it? Just do a lot of those runs offline and you can be sure that that stupid greedy idiot on ur team wont steal it

Reenee
Sep 3, 2003, 11:52 PM
Um, if I recall, weren't the Hallo Rappies from last year's quest NPCs, not actual enemies?

Soukosa
Sep 4, 2003, 12:00 AM
I think they were, I don't have the JP version, so I don't know for sure. But, there is an enemy in the game with a 100% drop rate that drops Jack-o-laterns for their rare drop.

Sashi
Sep 4, 2003, 01:01 AM
Yes and no, Reenee. There are 2 ways to get Jack-o-Lanterns.

The first way is to do the Haloween quest, and get your cake at the end. Get 8 different cakes, talk to Mr. Rappy man, and get your prize.

The second way is to hunt one down in the VR Temple, same as at Christmas time and Easter.

rena-ko
Sep 4, 2003, 10:55 AM
third one would be:
ask one with the japanese v1.1 of ep1-2 nicely if they could make up a dummy chara and give you the jack'o that those characters have in bank from the beginning...