PDA

View Full Version : Ranger's ID

joluh
Sep 4, 2003, 10:37 PM
So i'm about to create a RAcaseal, and well the ID it's going to be hard, i mean for Hunters there's nothing better than SKYLY or ORAN, Forces is PINKAL and nothing else, but Rangers have GREENILL, VIRIDA and PURPLENUM, so i was wondering which one it-s better!?!? my play-style is hitting many enmies at once or just one but with a strong weapon, so...

What do you say!??!
oh yeah btw can you tell me WHY!??!

thanks

RagRappy2000
Sep 4, 2003, 10:47 PM
On 2003-09-04 20:37, joluh wrote:
So i'm about to create a RAcaseal, and well the ID it's going to be hard, i mean for Hunters there's nothing better than SKYLY or ORAN, Forces is PINKAL and nothing else, but Rangers have GREENILL, VIRIDA and PURPLENUM, so i was wondering which one it-s better!?!? my play-style is hitting many enmies at once or just one but with a strong weapon, so...

What do you say!??!
oh yeah btw can you tell me WHY!??!

thanks
[i] would say greenil beacause it finds most of the yas but purplenum can find frozen shooter easy from hildetorr.

Blue-Hawk
Sep 4, 2003, 10:48 PM
I say viridia or greenil. Being an experienced purplenum ramarl player. All you get thats worth it for rangers in purplenum is mechs, and the only one thats worth it is the Yas 9000m. Rifles and shots are far better then mechs.

Soukosa
Sep 4, 2003, 11:21 PM
On 2003-09-04 20:48, blue-hawk wrote:
I say viridia or greenil. Being an experienced purplenum ramarl player. All you get thats worth it for rangers in purplenum is mechs, and the only one thats worth it is the Yas 9000m. Rifles and shots are far better then mechs.

I'll never understand why you hate Purplenum so much, but Purplenum can get plenty of useful RA things and the Yas 9000M is not the only worth while mechgun that it can get.

As for the poll, Greennill is probably the best for one that's not used to playing with RAs. Purplenum's also a good choice for RAcaseals, IMO, since mechs can help to make up for their slight lack of ATP and inability to cast Shifta themselves. Viridia's the shot ID, but shots can be quite hard to use on Ult due to their lack of speed. Viridia also can't get the Frozen Shooter or Spread Needle, which are two weapons that highly recommended for RAs.

Dbc
Sep 4, 2003, 11:37 PM
Greenil or purplenum definatly.

NKOTB
Sep 4, 2003, 11:43 PM
Mine is Greenill, I never even knew that was a good ID.

Blue-Hawk
Sep 4, 2003, 11:55 PM
On 2003-09-04 21:21, Sounomi wrote:

On 2003-09-04 20:48, blue-hawk wrote:

I'll never understand why you hate Purplenum so much, but Purplenum can get plenty of useful RA things and the Yas 9000M is not the only worth while mechgun that it can get.

As for the poll, Greennill is probably the best for one that's not used to playing with RAs. Purplenum's also a good choice for RAcaseals, IMO, since mechs can help to make up for their slight lack of ATP and inability to cast Shifta themselves. Viridia's the shot ID, but shots can be quite hard to use on Ult due to their lack of speed. Viridia also can't get the Frozen Shooter or Spread Needle, which are two weapons that highly recommended for RAs.

Mainly because purplenum has the lowest drop rate in the game. And the fact that most of the finds are hunter specific, and that they refuse to drop. The only thing thats good for rangers are the mechs and red handguns. No shots, no rifles save for the frozen shooter. Nuff said.

As for yoyur choices, here are what you can find.
Purplenum
http://www.pso-world.com/item_findings.php?by=sectionid&sectionid=5&version=v3

Greenil
http://www.pso-world.com/item_findings.php?by=sectionid&sectionid=2&version=v3

Viridia
http://www.pso-world.com/item_findings.php?by=sectionid&sectionid=1&version=v3

Wheeeee. I finally beat Bit to the links. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Soukosa
Sep 5, 2003, 12:01 AM
Mainly because purplenum has the lowest drop rate in the game.

Uhm... With what?

And the fact that most of the finds are hunter specific, and that they refuse to drop.

They are? Looking over the drops, most are RA weapons with a good amount of HU and FO stuff in there as well. Refuse to drop? The things I hear you whine about the most have the same chances of dropping as they do with other IDs.

The only thing thats good for rangers are the mechs and red handguns. No shots, no rifles save for the frozen shooter. Nuff said.

No shots? Only one rifle? Wow. Did you actually look over all the things that Purplenum can get? It sure doesn't look like. Also, most people agree that shots are too slow for Ult and if they really want some shots to use before they get to Ult, they can find a nice Viridia or Redria person that I'm sure will be willing to hand over some nice 9 star shots.

Blue-Hawk
Sep 5, 2003, 12:14 AM
Well, I stick with shots in ult at all times, as well as either a rifle or red handgun. Mechs get useless because of their low ATA and ATP in later areas. Trust me, I have tried them out in ultimate mines, ruins and episode 2. Not worth the trouble that a multi targeting weapon doesnt have.
As for the hunter specific weapons, I know there are many, but not many ranger weapons. Face it, purplenum is a sucky id for all classes. I guess they needed at least one. I seriously regret making my purplenum. I would kill her, but the high level and all. Hell, I havent even touched her *nothing dirty there* in 3 weeks. As for the drop rate, thats effective on every red box in the game. I mean, face it... 200+ runs for a kamui off a hildelt? Thats ludicrous. Takes me and others I know that have purplenum weeks, if not months to even see a red box at times. And i mean nothing, Not a combat, not a photon drop, nothing.

Soukosa
Sep 5, 2003, 12:27 AM
On 2003-09-04 22:14, blue-hawk wrote:
Well, I stick with shots in ult at all times, as well as either a rifle or red handgun. Mechs get useless because of their low ATA and ATP in later areas. Trust me, I have tried them out in ultimate mines, ruins and episode 2. Not worth the trouble that a multi targeting weapon doesnt have.
As for the hunter specific weapons, I know there are many, but not many ranger weapons. Face it, purplenum is a sucky id for all classes. I guess they needed at least one. I seriously regret making my purplenum. I would kill her, but the high level and all. Hell, I havent even touched her *nothing dirty there* in 3 weeks. As for the drop rate, thats effective on every red box in the game. I mean, face it... 200+ runs for a kamui off a hildelt? Thats ludicrous. Takes me and others I know that have purplenum weeks, if not months to even see a red box at times. And i mean nothing, Not a combat, not a photon drop, nothing.

I haven't had too much trouble getting red boxes to show up with my Purplenum. It's pretty much been the same with all of my chars. I don't see why you have so much trouble with mechs later on, I use mechs with my FOmarl in areas where I'm not ready to quite go melee with her yet and the only area I have trouble with hitting is in post-Temple Ep 2, where the enemies' EVP is quite high. Your problem with finding any sort of red box seems to lie with the user and not the ID.

Blue-Hawk
Sep 5, 2003, 12:47 AM
Then explain why my rare drops have increased since I quit purplenum. Granted yellowboze haxnt been the kindest to me, but its been far kinder then purplenum ever was.
And on side note, I refuse to argue this any further.

Soukosa
Sep 5, 2003, 01:03 AM
On 2003-09-04 22:47, blue-hawk wrote:
Then explain why my rare drops have increased since I quit purplenum.

I'm working on something that could explain this, but I'm not quite ready to really tell anyone about it yet. It could also be that the IDs you've started playing have more rares with higher chances of showing up. I'd have to look into that though.

Zarana
Sep 5, 2003, 02:31 AM
Why someone would want anything but Purplenum is beyond me.

But if you like an ID that's a lot like Purplenum with less armor, less slots and less good things overall, take Greennill. Or if you're insane and think Rifles other than the Frozen Shooter are worth using.

If you want an ID that sort of pretends it's a Ranger ID but doesn't even get Red Mechguns or a Spread Needle, take Viridia.

Edit: Also, no Forces should play Pinkal. No class, period, should play Pinkal. Only cruel people who like being mean to their teammates make Pinkal games. =(

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zarana on 2003-09-05 00:38 ]</font>

Sunblast
Sep 5, 2003, 04:56 AM
I would have to say Purplenum. It is very Ranger oriented. The only problem I have with it is the lack of shots, so I have to make a Redria just to get one.

Zarana
Sep 5, 2003, 12:24 PM
Well, Purplenum does get the Spread Needle and Baranz Launcher. In my opinion, those are the only two shots that should matter.

Soukosa
Sep 5, 2003, 12:36 PM
On 2003-09-05 00:31, Zarana wrote:
Also, no Forces should play Pinkal. No class, period, should play Pinkal. Only cruel people who like being mean to their teammates make Pinkal games. =(

Why do you feel that Pinkal stinks so badly?

KyrosInfinite
Sep 5, 2003, 12:49 PM
Well I made my Ranger before I even knew what the hell the Section ID's did =/ He happens to be Redria and Im having plenty of fun of course Rare Drops are tickin me off. 3 Varistas in one room and 2 Secret Gears in the next bleh it was kewl the first time but enuf is enuf!

Zarana
Sep 5, 2003, 02:50 PM
Well, just look at the items Pinkal finds. Then compare them to any other ID in the game. Now ask yourself, would a Hunter or Ranger ever want to play this ID at all? Delving further, would any Force? All of Pinkal's "super Force items" are either jokes with no practical use in battle or found just as easily by a better ID, like Purplenum.

In fact, Purplenum is the only ID with a reasonable shot at a Psycho Wand, so why pick Pinkal? You're kidding yourself if you think anyone has ever found the Sinow Zele Psycho Wand.

So in the end, the only reason you might want Pinkal is the rumor that it's the only ID that finds L:30 attacking techniques. Yet I've found Rafoie and Foie as my Purplenum, a Redria friend of mine found Gizonde and a Viridia friend found Grants. Hmmm.

If someone is going to play Pinkal, they should keep it to themselves and play offline. Because people who make Pinkal teams online are as sadistic and cruel as the ID itself.

Soukosa
Sep 5, 2003, 03:20 PM
On 2003-09-05 12:50, Zarana wrote:
Well, just look at the items Pinkal finds. Then compare them to any other ID in the game. Now ask yourself, would a Hunter or Ranger ever want to play this ID at all? Delving further, would any Force? All of Pinkal's "super Force items" are either jokes with no practical use in battle or found just as easily by a better ID, like Purplenum.

In fact, Purplenum is the only ID with a reasonable shot at a Psycho Wand, so why pick Pinkal? You're kidding yourself if you think anyone has ever found the Sinow Zele Psycho Wand.

So in the end, the only reason you might want Pinkal is the rumor that it's the only ID that finds L:30 attacking techniques. Yet I've found Rafoie and Foie as my Purplenum, a Redria friend of mine found Gizonde and a Viridia friend found Grants. Hmmm.

If someone is going to play Pinkal, they should keep it to themselves and play offline. Because people who make Pinkal teams online are as sadistic and cruel as the ID itself.

Most of what you just said is a matter of opinion and shouldn't be thrown out as a fact. I have a Pinkal, I've been getting tons of usuable FO stuff with her and I have also had some ask me to make a team with her, so they could find something that Pinkal finds. Please don't bother fighting back, I'm not going to bother to really argue with someone like you.

Richard
Sep 5, 2003, 03:54 PM
I agree with Zarana, mostly. PURPLENUM is probably the best Ranger ID. Heck, it's one of the best IDs period. I'd also agree PINKAL is down right horrible.

About the only thing Zarana said that I don't agree with is the part about VIRIDIA pretending to be a Ranger ID. Well, truth be known, it isn't a Ranger ID. In Ultimate, VIRIDIA finds 27 HU weapons and 17 RA weapons. Hmm, seems a little Hunter oriented to me. It finds every Katana, and has the best selection of Partisans. At a technical aspect, I'd consider VIRIDIA to be a Hunter ID.

Soukosa
Sep 5, 2003, 04:12 PM
On 2003-09-05 13:54, Richard wrote:
I agree with Zarana, mostly. PURPLENUM is probably the best Ranger ID. Heck, it's one of the best IDs period. I'd also agree PINKAL is down right horrible.

About the only thing Zarana said that I don't agree with is the part about VIRIDIA pretending to be a Ranger ID. Well, truth be known, it isn't a Ranger ID. In Ultimate, VIRIDIA finds 27 HU weapons and 17 RA weapons. Hmm, seems a little Hunter oriented to me. It finds every Katana, and has the best selection of Partisans. At a technical aspect, I'd consider VIRIDIA to be a Hunter ID.

I don't see why you two say Pinkal is pathetic. All IDs are balanced out. Also, Viridia is considered a RA ID due to its most common weapon type being a shot.

Richard
Sep 5, 2003, 04:30 PM
On 2003-09-05 14:12, Sounomi wrote:
Also, Viridia is considered a RA ID due to its most common weapon type being a shot.

Yeah, that's the reason why. Every Section ID has a constantly occuring 9-star they find nearly everywhere. But I don't base the entire Section ID off that specific rare. For example, WHITILL is considered the Slicer ID because of the 9-star commons. But anyone who says, "I don't like Whitill it sucks all it finds is Slicers" either knows nothing about the game or is just plain stupid. Each ID offers much more than the 9-star commons, look beyond the 9-stars to know what each ID's true potential is.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Richard on 2003-09-05 14:31 ]</font>

Soukosa
Sep 5, 2003, 04:58 PM
On 2003-09-05 14:30, Richard wrote:
Yeah, that's the reason why. Every Section ID has a constantly occuring 9-star they find nearly everywhere. But I don't base the entire Section ID off that specific rare. For example, WHITILL is considered the Slicer ID because of the 9-star commons. But anyone who says, "I don't like Whitill it sucks all it finds is Slicers" either knows nothing about the game or is just plain stupid. Each ID offers much more than the 9-star commons, look beyond the 9-stars to know what each ID's true potential is.

Looking through all the rares at Viridia can find on Ult, most of them are gun type weapons. Most of the HU only weapons are partisans and katanas and if you look at the IDs, most of them find 2 types of rares in which only one type of class can actually use. All in all, I still consider it a RA ID. Also, why do you feel that Pinkal is so terrible? From what I see, it's one of the best IDs in the game for a FO.

Zarana
Sep 5, 2003, 09:24 PM
Pinkal is so terrible because, no matter how many Storm Wands you find, they will never turn good. It's a bad ID for a Force because of the fact that the only Force items worth using give technique boosts, so the Evil Curst will never be good, the Technical Crozier will never be good, none of the Pinkal finds will. I'll just give a basic rundown of the good Force items and how Pinkal isn't necessary for them.

Magic Rock "Moola"/Summit Moon: Pinkal finds it, but so do many other IDs. Some with a much greater degree of ease, few more difficult. There is no reason to pick Pinkal for this.

Star Amplifier/Twinkle Star: If you don't Pipe, Viridia and Greennill have a far easier time finding this. If you do Pipe, Oran is easier. Any way you look at it, Pinkal isn't the best ID for this item.

Magic Rock "Heart Key"/Magical Piece: Every ID can buy this for 50 Photon Drops. There is no reason to pick Pinkal for this item.

Psycho Wand: Pinkal finds it from Sinow Zele. In other words, they don't find it. Purplenum is the only ID with a halfway reasonable chance at finding this item.

Prophets of Motav: It boosts all Ra techniques and, in its place, Pinkal gets the useless Evil Curst. That's a big slap to the face from Oran.

Sorcerer's Cane/Sorcerer's Right Arm: Found with the same degree of difficulty by Pinkal, Oran, Bluefull and Yellowboze. And is worse all around than the Magical Piece.

God/Technique: In my opinion, this is crucial for every (legit) Force. Because let's face it, on the way to 200 you're not going to find L:30 of everything. There's no way. Yet this item is Redria only, Pinkal has to settle for an incredibly difficult to find Devil/Technique, which Redria also gets. Another strike against Pinkal from a Force's perspective.

Armor and slots: Pinkal doesn't get too great an assortment, and what it does have is very hard to find. Purplenum and Redria, in my opinion the best Force IDs, have a great selection of armor and slots in reasonable place.

Even things like Marina's Bag and Stiker of Chao are mostly from Quests any ID can do (except the Branch of PakuPaku, which Purplenum gets faster than Pinkal anyway).

Demonic Fork, for the Megid boost, is found in the same place for Pinkal, Purplenum and Oran. At the same difficulty.

In the end, the only reason why any Force would want to choose Pinkal over Redria/Purplenum, even Oran, is that they think the Evil Curst is a good item. Or they believe weird rumors about technique disks. Regardless, Pinkal being good for Forces is just hype. And Pinkal being good for Hunters and Rangers is nothing but a lie that no one could ever believe.

... Oh, and Richard, the reason I said Viridia pretends to be a Ranger ID is because the description makes it seem that way. When, in reality, it's heavily geared towards Hunters.

Sunblast
Sep 5, 2003, 10:39 PM
On 2003-09-05 10:24, Zarana wrote:
Well, Purplenum does get the Spread Needle and Baranz Launcher. In my opinion, those are the only two shots that should matter.

Sorry, didn't know about those two, as I'm still stuck in VH. I want both of those soooooo bad, but I need a good shotgun right now. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

BIZKIT
Sep 6, 2003, 09:17 AM
[/quote][i] would say greenil beacause it finds most of the yas but purplenum can find frozen shooter easy from hildetorr.

[/quote]um....Greennil can find the frozen shooter off Hildertors also

Garm
Sep 6, 2003, 10:12 AM
my greennill HUmar finds alot of good rare rifles in hrad/vhard/ultimate. if you want rifles go for greennill it won't let u down.

TheAlmightyNewbie
Sep 6, 2003, 12:07 PM
Zarana - Pinkal gets Agito easily (easier than Whitill) and personally my Whitill is an android, so when I feel like getting Agito ill probably hunt with my Pinkal http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Dbc
Sep 6, 2003, 12:36 PM
Zarana did not mention agito, he was talking about force weapons since pinkal is a force id.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dbc on 2003-09-06 10:37 ]</font>

Richard
Sep 6, 2003, 04:35 PM
Well, the OROTIAGITO is a poor weapon anyways. That could be another reason why he didn't mention it.

Katanas in general are inferior weapons to anything like Mechguns, Twins, ect.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Richard on 2003-09-06 15:01 ]</font>

TheAlmightyNewbie
Sep 6, 2003, 04:40 PM
it's the highest-atp 3 hit combo-ing weapon, and has a somewhat decent animation: my favorite thing about katanas (this isn't a big thing, but its still nice) is that if you start a combo on a nano dragon with one while theyre trying to get into the air, you will finish the combo almost every single time. Good for lazy people who dont want to switch to Handguns. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif and yeah I know it's not REALLY good, but still...

klepto
Sep 6, 2003, 09:21 PM
I hate my purplenum, I can never get anything to drop. For youre sanity, I highly suggest not making purplenum. Go with greenil.