PDA

View Full Version : FOmar question...

Steal
Sep 5, 2003, 08:29 AM
i made a FOmar hes at level 41, now here's the problem i see that people r using them for combat too. mine is used for magic and never attacks i was wondering sould i raise him to be half Fighter half Tech? and if so wut sould be done

FOmar's Stats-Sephiroth- Lv.41
HP-221
TP-723

PWR-413(183)
DEP-203(58)
MST-442(442)
ATA-152(102)
EVP-342(210)
LCK-12(12)

EQUIPMENT-
HILDEBARS CANE
SOLID FRAME
-ANGEL MIND(15)
-ANGEL MIND(15)
-ANGEL MIND(15)
-ANGEL MIND(17)
SCECRET GEAR

MAG-NIDRA-Lv.103
DEF-10
POW-5
DEX-40
MIND-48

rena-ko
Sep 5, 2003, 08:46 AM
the dex on that mag is wasted when you dont push up power as well. techs dont need accuracy to hit.

then, i'd say, make two or three mags: one with mind only, one with power&dex and one with good power and decent mind if you like.

also. decide now: eating luck when you dont intend to fight is a waste. since material use is limited to 250 (HP mats count seperate).

for fighting, get grass assassins arms or good mechguns with hit% - a twin saber maybe. what suits you the best. or - get a summit moon with nice stats (magic rock moola + a cane with hit percents) and melee with that (it boosts base techs as well)

anyway, good luck

rayner
Sep 5, 2003, 08:50 AM
All these Sephiroth's running around... what ever happened to Kefka or Golbez... or even Garland a.k.a Chaos. lol

I plan to go Melee with My FOmar also but I find it difficult to do so. I'm level 122 and I still haven't changed over. I think you either have to chose one or the other. Also you need to find that Level 30 Shifta & Deband to go melee... and a decent weapon that a force can weild. lol

Steal
Sep 5, 2003, 09:08 AM
so ill train my force a little more...plus i think im gonna raise my mags power...the dex seems like a waste but i had the feeling i was gonna cross over so i raised it anyway lol

rena-ko
Sep 5, 2003, 09:12 AM
soon you'll want to switch to dragon/HP instead of those angel/mind. go for it.

HotWaterDeath
Sep 5, 2003, 10:21 AM
Give that mag some power and get a God/Arm or two, slap a nice mechgun type with some hit percentages and go stomp some faces.

Stalfos333
Sep 5, 2003, 10:29 PM
FoMars meleeing is a novelty act. They have horrible defence and low HP, and the ATP boost they have over Fonewms isn't really worth using a mage wrong. You'll have to be incredibly high leveled to really be effective, and you'll have wasted your Mats till then.

The Dex, however, I'd argue IS good for a Fo. TP leeching can come in large increments with geist.

Sumo
Sep 5, 2003, 10:43 PM
But remember, FO meleeing isn't all about just fighting. You also have to use atk techs to soften the enemies up and then finish them off with a weapon. It's kind of a waste of TP if u use atk techs to finish off enemies if all u need is one or two hits with a weap. Just some of mah thoughts...

Steal
Sep 5, 2003, 11:30 PM
yea thats tru...plus its get soo damn expensive with my force when all he does is magic lol damn fluids takin all my money....

OniTatsujin
Sep 5, 2003, 11:33 PM
get a Dark Bridge or Psycho Wand, that'lltake care of the fluid draining...or get a Double Saber..good for melee and it steals TP

Steal
Sep 5, 2003, 11:39 PM
nice i got the double saber cuz my HUcaseal doesnt use it anymore

Steal
Sep 6, 2003, 12:07 AM
sorry for the double post
i gotta question....wut level should i be beating hards falz at?? cuz all his attack do a set damage and FOmars have crap HP

OniTatsujin
Sep 6, 2003, 12:10 AM
umm...lv 40????
get HP/units..like Dragon/HP
or bring lots of Scape Dolls

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: OniTatsujin on 2003-09-05 22:10 ]</font>

Steal
Sep 6, 2003, 12:15 AM
o0o i see...well i think im gonna level up a lil more and then ill fight him tomorrow thanx

Benzine
Sep 6, 2003, 01:00 AM
I beat him at mid 30's with my new FOmar. I took 4 scape dolls with me and beat him after I died the 4th time in his 3rd form. I grants'd him in his 3rd form because it was better than my foie at the time. Just make sure you're doing as much damage as possible and check out the falz boss guide for some pointers. I can tell you that falz's grants was taking me out with I think 240-260 hp and very little light resist. Try upping your light resist if that form gives you too much trouble.