PDA

View Full Version : Da Best MP3 Playa

Blenjar
Sep 5, 2003, 09:27 PM
iPOD DA BEST!

ABDUR101
Sep 5, 2003, 09:29 PM
Creative has a wide range of players, and iPod is fine as well.

I'm thinking of getting something from Creative, it just comes down to how much storage you want, size, cost, etc.

iPod and the Creative products are both worth looking into.

ginko990
Sep 5, 2003, 09:40 PM
I dont know.

Firocket1690
Sep 5, 2003, 09:59 PM
I use my iPod (10GB) to store ALL my music ...
I mean, once I get a new song, it goes directly to my iPod cause' my comp doesn't have that much free space (whole HD is 3.76 GB)
my iPod is plugged into my comp speakers and I play music right there ... nothing on my comp makes noise anyway (except for music)
I don't carry around my iPod because for $300, I'm not risking it !
(bastards at my school love stealing my stuff)

and I have another one (MSC, 128 MB) I use for taking along with me "on-the-go"
this one (the smaller one) has a radio, and DVR (Digital Voice Recorder)

oh, and I still have a few of abdur's mixes on my smaller mp3 player http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Captain_Dude
Sep 5, 2003, 11:45 PM
I seem to trust my 200 gig Dell Dimension XPS with my mp3 playing needs. Sure it's not portable, but I have portable mp3 needs on my Memorex thingy and CD player.

w00tm0053>You
w00tm0053>Me
w00tm0053>Everthing

BogusKun
Sep 5, 2003, 11:47 PM
My RiO CD player. Plays CDs for 8 hours and MP3s for 36 hours on new batts. I use DvD discs only... So I tend to have a decent library of music ranging from all kinds on the discs.

Firocket1690
Sep 5, 2003, 11:50 PM
On 2003-09-05 21:45, Captain_Dude wrote:
200 gig

what the holy ... !

_Sinue_
Sep 6, 2003, 12:07 AM
http://www.penny-arcade.com/images/2003/20030528l.gif

'Nuff Said.

ginko990
Sep 6, 2003, 06:57 AM
On 2003-09-05 22:07, _Sinue_ wrote:
http://www.penny-arcade.com/images/2003/20030528l.gif

'Nuff Said.

Im going to have to agree.

All you have to do is burn the songs onto a disc and boom, mp3 player.

smallfry
Sep 6, 2003, 10:32 AM
I got my Sony MS-9 Network Walkman about 3 years ago in hong kong before it even came out in north america....i paid about $600 canadian for it...at the time i thought it was f_ckin awesome...then when i came back home a month later, i saw the same thing selling for $500 canadian, and the only diff i saw was that mine was made in japan...and when i saw the ipod come out this year...i sorta wish i could go back in time...

Firocket1690
Sep 6, 2003, 06:14 PM
On 2003-09-06 08:32, smallfry wrote:
I got my Sony MS-9 Network Walkman about 3 years ago in hong kong before it even came out in north america....i paid about $600 canadian for it...at the time i thought it was f_ckin awesome...then when i came back home a month later, i saw the same thing selling for $500 canadian, and the only diff i saw was that mine was made in japan...and when i saw the ipod come out this year...i sorta wish i could go back in time...

Everything is like that, don't worry
the ones made in JP (in my opinion) have slightly better sound quality.

the ones shipped to Asia Pacific are made in JP
the ones shipped to the rest of the world (US) are usually made in Malaysia or somwhere else in Asia

the reason they do this is because mainland China is known of cheap stuff and weak economy. They don't really care much about the thoughts of the people in US, they just want it sold, so it's made in Malaysia cause' it's cheaper to make it there. Then it's shipped to US

BUT .... their reputation means a lot more in HK/JP, so they make it in their own country (rather than third party) it's more expensive, but...

Blenjar
Sep 6, 2003, 08:07 PM
iPod is the best if you have no problem with money.

- That's my opinion, I got my 6 month old 17" iMac, the sick one yea, so like I had to get the iPod.

- Mwahaha, me getting a PowaBook soon!

- What will they name a G5 Book....umm.... =/ ExtremeBook? or UltraBook.

- - - - - - - - - - -
- And hell if someone tries to steal my iPod, I'll savage that person.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Blenjar on 2003-09-06 18:09 ]</font>

Firocket1690
Sep 6, 2003, 08:51 PM
On 2003-09-06 18:07, Blenjar wrote:
iPod is the best if you have no problem with money.

- And hell if someone tries to steal my iPod, I'll savage that person.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Blenjar on 2003-09-06 18:09 ]</font>

no school lunch for a year...
saved my fuckin' money
DAMN I WANTED THAT IPOD !!

anywho ...
the reason I hate those bastards in my school is they steal my stuff IN THE LOCKERS DURING GYM

Auronius
Sep 6, 2003, 09:10 PM
On 2003-09-06 18:07, Blenjar wrote:
- What will they name a G5 Book....umm.... =/ ExtremeBook? or UltraBook.

It's gonna be a while before they put a G5 in the powerbook. The G5 runs really hot, and takes a lot of power. Unless they underclock it.
But yeah, iPods rule.

Blenjar
Sep 6, 2003, 10:27 PM
- - - Firocket1690

- Dude why did you put your iPod in your locker, I keep that joint on me all the time even tho my school doesn't allow MP3 players, I just tell them its a Hard Drive and I got my homework and other files in it which possible, I've only try it on Macintosh, I've yet try it out on a PC, tho I'll next time I go to school.

- - - Auronius

- Yea man, its gonna take lots of powa to do it.

Firocket1690
Sep 7, 2003, 03:18 AM
On 2003-09-06 20:27, Blenjar wrote:
- - - Firocket1690

- Dude why did you put your iPod in your locker, I keep that joint on me all the time even tho my school doesn't allow MP3 players, I just tell them its a Hard Drive and I got my homework and other files in it which possible, I've only try it on Macintosh, I've yet try it out on a PC, tho I'll next time I go to school.

hmph... lockers are pitiful ...

my locker was robbed numerous times in the past and I've learned not to trust them ...
in the past, I've lost:
Advance Wars
about 28 bucks in cash
half eaten pack of skittles
MSC mp3 player (before I got another one)

school lockers are EASILY openable ...
most schools require you to bring your own lock for your lockers, but in MY school, ya use their locks...
the thing's built into the locker door itself
and it's really old
(never changed since the school was built)

ever since the loss of my mp3 player, that's where it got too far ...
I gave up and started carrying all my fuckin' books with me all day... every class

Blenjar
Sep 7, 2003, 11:50 AM
Why don't you drop you items in a teacher's room, where the teacher puts his/her stuff in like books or something and tell that person you will pick it up later.

Inu_Ranma
Sep 7, 2003, 12:06 PM
I like TDK's players ^_^

Except my headphone jack literally fell out. >_<