PDA

View Full Version : about recobox trick...

DualHydra
Sep 6, 2003, 06:26 PM
how long would it take to get to lv80? im planning to do something but i need a lv80 fast...so how long would it take to get to lv80 me pressing A over and over...

OniTatsujin
Sep 6, 2003, 07:01 PM
umm....what lv are oyu?

The_Hero_Of_Time
Sep 6, 2003, 09:13 PM
If you are going to sit there pressing A, just play the game, with a full combo its just like killing an enemy. What I do is, I will watch something like a movie, and press A, that way i'm not bored out of my mind just sitting there.

RoninJoku
Sep 6, 2003, 10:11 PM
yes yes, it is bouncy O__O
haha I love that sig!

And about the recoboxing thing... dont do it unless you have alot of patience and dont mind saying that you recobox... Alot of people will look down on you for that...

Firocket1690
Sep 7, 2003, 04:19 AM
Trying to get a new char to ult with a certain ID.
(Redria? )
To go online to do something limited time only.
(Resting By The Beach? )
To hunt for a certain weapon.
(Monkey King Bar? )

I think I just pierced a shining light through your plan

but if ya want it easily handed to you, go out and buy one of Gamestop's third-party controllers with a TURBO button, it can keep on pressing A while you go out and enjoy life. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

but please, don't degrade yourself.
*all respect for Tidus flies out window*

VioletSkye
Sep 7, 2003, 09:27 PM
You'll tire of recoboxing really quick, but it is effective. If you are going to do it, I would recommend the Geforce 2 Turbo controller. The slowest turbo setting combos perfectly, especially when using an ungrinded S rank mech gun. Remember to keep your ATP as low as possible, ie no units or mag and if you are using a HU, I would recommend NOT using any pow mats at all until you've reached the level you want. Also there are areas in the Temple where you can "recobox" without the recoboxes lol. In the areas in Temple Alpha where there is the bridge, kill everything except for the Crimsson Assassin or Del D. Then go partway across (they are too stupid to actually walk across the bridge to you) and let em have it with the King's special. You can usually get close to level 95-100 before you start doing damage to them.

Personally I just tape the fire button down and do something else (usually sleep lol). Try doing it at night before you go to bed and leaving the GC running. It will take many many hours to get up to a dscent level, but you can usually hit level 100 or so overnight easily.

I forgot to mention that although you want your ATP as low as possible, you will want your ATA as HIGH as possible. So if you have a dex mag and some God Arms, you'll be much, much better off.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2003-09-07 19:53 ]</font>

HaLLa
Sep 9, 2003, 01:52 AM
if you sit there it goes much faster....if you have turbo controller it goes slower

either way you can get 80 in a day or two starting from level 1

ilr2000
Sep 9, 2003, 12:19 PM
getting characters up high quickly is a snap. easiest HU to move up fast is the HUnewearl (best char in the game IMO). Fastest characters are the FO's. For example.. these are my best times (legit, of course):

HUnewearl
Ryoko
Ult mode by lvl 54.
level 100 in 30 hours.

FOnewearl
Washu (notice a theme?)
Ult mode by level 45
Only level 63 right now, but she only has 14 hours on the clock.

Dont bother killing braincells on a recobox. Effective mines trick is faster than Falz trick online. If this is your first character with this game then go through it the old fashioned way, its just better that way. But if its your second char, prepare before making them. Stow away some mats and Make sure they have a level 200 mag that suits them perfectly (maybe even make their mag for them). If its a FO give em four god/hps. For a HU four god/abilities should be fine. Save up scape dolls for the falz fights, but even when doing straight run throughs if your good you shouldn't need em.

klepto
Sep 9, 2003, 10:43 PM
Know anywhere I can pick myself up a Geforce 2 Turbo controller. Its turbo is slow enough to combo. rofl, ownage

VioletSkye
Sep 9, 2003, 11:20 PM
On 2003-09-09 20:43, klepto wrote:
Know anywhere I can pick myself up a Geforce 2 Turbo controller. Its turbo is slow enough to combo. rofl, ownage

Got mine from Toys 'r Us, but I think you ca get them at Hollywood Video also (at least a friend of mine did and it was cheaper than Toy 'r Us http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif ) http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

TyroneBiggums
Sep 19, 2003, 10:38 AM
Do the mines trick

Castoth
Sep 19, 2003, 09:34 PM
I got from level 1 to 100 in under 10 hours thanks to draining experience from Mothvists/Recoboxes (got to Ultimate offline in around 4 hours, then found a Mothvist first to begin draining). If you do it manually, then there is nothing wrong. It is still legit (as long as you earned the special and the mechs) and if anyone else says otherwise and whines, ignore them.