PDA

View Full Version : An impasse

Stalfos333
Sep 6, 2003, 11:22 PM
With a number of characters in Ult, it has recently become a priority to get decent armors and shields for each. I would also like to level up my new characters into Ult, and find better weapons for my Mages, and Spread Needles for my Rangers. Furthermore, I am in need of better multitargeting weapons for my Hunters.

A lot of goals, and that is my problem. I don't know where to start.

If I try for armor, there are a few ways I can go. I can use my Redria HuCast to hunt Vhard Gibbles, use my Yellowboze Racast for the same thing, or take that RaCast into Ult Ep 2 and beat the Temple and Spaceship to hunt Zol Gibbons for the same item. I can also level up my new Whittil RaMar, then pipe for Electo Frames from an Ult Love Rappy. Also, I want a Kasami Bracer, for which I can use either of the Casts and hunt Sinow Blues, or level up my new Purplenum FoNewearl and hunt off Canabins, or take my Oran FoNewm into harms way to hunt Bulclaws.

I'd also like to get a Smoking plate, which means hunting off Dark Gunners with my Redria, getting the Boze into the Ruins to fight Arlans, or getting the FoNewearl to UlT caves to hunt Crimson Assassins.

If I wanted to search for the Psycho Wand, I can get it from the purplenum, once she gets into Ult. In 10 levels, my FoNewm can make a Twinkle Star, so I could level him up hardcore. I can find a Spread Needle of a Dark Bringer with my Redria, get my RaCast into the Ruins and search for it from Merlans, or level my FoNewearl like crazy untile she can get it from the same place as the RaCast.

Finally, I could use my Skyly Hunny to search for Chain Sawds for her and the HuCast(Both are currently wielding Dragon Slayers), or use my Redria to hunt poiully's for a Lavis Cannon, and my Oran to hunt Hildertors for two Syncesta.

I'd appreciate any opinions about where I should head.

Nani-chan
Sep 6, 2003, 11:34 PM
vh gibbles is better for spirit garment. Ult monkies have mad evasion and will gizonde you, plus you can have a spirit garment within 20 gibbles.

I also believe canabin is better for kasami bracer then sinow blue. They are stingy.

your redria hucast will have a hard time with the red slimes. Plus syncestas are a very stingy drop.

good luck

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nani-chan on 2003-09-06 21:36 ]</font>

Stalfos333
Sep 6, 2003, 11:41 PM
I have no trouble splitting slimes, and have Cure Shocks, so the electricity isn't a problem. The Boze also has a Frozen Shooter, and I'm remarkably careful not to let enemies behind me. Syncesta hunting will be hard, since none of my characters has found a Grants disk since Vhard Forest... Which reminds me. I could continue my futile hunt for a Magic Stone Iritista as well. I've slaughtered over 40 Hildertors so far, and no good.

Jazhara
Sep 8, 2003, 12:35 PM
Without a little more info on character levels / target quality of armour, this is tricky.

Is your FOnm on ULT?

If so Pouilly Slimes drop Guard Wave really easily, and it's half decent armour - will see you through for a good while.

I had this problem a while back, lots to hunt didn't know where to start. The way I resolved it was to go after the key items that could drop pretty easily to narrow it all down, e.g. 2 Guard Waves to swap between 4 chars, the the god units I needed from VH, then decent 9-star rares with % (e.g. Last Survivor with hit % for my HUcast (HP steal ES)), then moved onto the better items.

If you go for a couple Guard Waves to start, they'll make great hand-me downs when you get better ones too.

I would avoid Electro Frame from Love Rappy for a while, they take ages to pipe (6 hours+ in my experience) and forever to find without telepiping.

Hope this is a little help nyways.

Stalfos333
Sep 8, 2003, 01:21 PM
My characters are:
150 Redria Hucast with access to all of Ult Episode 1, and the Mountain and Seaside Areas (the Giant Flower beats me up before I can freeze her).

Level 43 Whittil RaMar, who hasn't started VH.

Level 104 Yellowboze RaCast, with access to Ult Mines and Seabed upper levels.

Level 71 Oran FoNewm, with access to the Temple and Ult Mines.

Level 96 Skyly HuNewearl, with access to Ult Caves and Temple.

Level 35 Purplenum FoNewearl, in VH.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Stalfos333 on 2003-09-08 18:00 ]</font>

Jazhara
Sep 9, 2003, 08:26 AM
OK kool - what I said should be relevant then - Guard Waves are a good easy armour to get, relatively quickly. You could probably kit several characters out with them in an evening's telepiping.

Started to write you a list of stuff to go for, then re-read your first post - you already know. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

To answer you Q I think you should go in this order for each category:

Armors (if you use the telepipe trick, if you don't I need to revise this)

1. Guard Wave x3 (HUct, RAct, HUne) - Oran Caves Pouilly Slime. Approx 1/2 chance of dropping.

2. Can you get online to trade PDs? There's a lot to spend them on, but Parasite Wear: De Rol is very handy for lvl 54s.
You'll need to get your hands on a stink frame, but once you have it you can level the armour with your characters using PDs up to Negal, Vajulla, and eventually Virus Wear. Problem for you is finding the Stink Frame - Pinkal VH Forest Gigobooma is easiest, but for you Redria / Oran VH Ruins Dark Gunner is probably best. Once you have the stink frame though, every PD you find is a step closer to better armour. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

4. (Also for your lower levels) Alternatively to P-Wear, good ol' Celestial Amour. Redria Ruins Claw. Approx. 1 / 1050.

5. Smoking Plate - you know where you're going here. Yellowboze Ruins Arlan Approx. 1 / 3413.

6. Luminous Field(s) (Replace Guard Waves) - Yellowboze Forest Hildelt. Approx. 1 / 1205 (i.e. 76 Forest of Sorrow runs). These are great, one of the best armours in the game, level 101 too. Depends how dedicated you are though.

Shields

Shields are difficult - all the decent ones are hard to find! Suggest this order to hunt them:

1. Ra Merges (FOnm)- make a huge difference. Need Amps and Barriers, check the PSOW lists to find.

2. Kasami Bracer (HUct / HUn) - Can you get online? If so Redria / Yellowboze Sinow Blue

3. S-Parts 2.01 (Huct) - NORMAL, Oran Ruins Dark Gunner

Weapons

So many to choose from... Am only listing ones that would be really good if you find, and that fit what you say you want (multi-hit weps for HUs):

1. Chain Sawd - great HP drain special (HUct) - Skyly Caves Vulmer. Approx 1 / 1050.

2. Frozen Shooter (RAct) - Yellowboze Forest Hildetorr. Approx 1 / 2.

3. Red Sword (HUn) - Sykly Caves Govulmer. Approx. 1 / 900.

4. Prophets of Motav (FOnm) - Oran Ruins Dark Bringer. Approx 1 / 11,457, so you may well never find it. However, if you do, the improvement in your FOnm will be massive, particularly offline.

5. Psycho Wand (FOnm) - Alternative to hunting Prophets - Purplenum Caves Mil Lily. Approx 1 / 205.

The drop rates are, as mentioned many times before, unconfirmed.

BTW... have you tried using a decent Red Handgun (Redria Pal Rappy) or mechs on the plant in Jungle? Keep your distance, keep hitting it so it can't attack back. At range it's easier to dodge its missile attacks too.

All IMVHO of course! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jazhara on 2003-09-09 13:23 ]</font>

rena-ko
Sep 9, 2003, 08:29 AM
afaik, androids cant equip aura field since it drains TP... its perfect for a HUnewearl though.

Jazhara
Sep 9, 2003, 08:33 AM
On 2003-09-09 06:29, rena-ko wrote:
afaik, androids cant equip aura field since it drains TP... its perfect for a HUnewearl though.

D'oh - completely right! Edited post... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Stalfos333
Sep 9, 2003, 11:09 AM
Neither the Parasite Wears, nor the Virus Wear, is equipable by Droids either. It's a moot point anyway, as I'm offline only. If I weren't, I'd be able to spend my 230+ Photon Drops...

I think my goal for now will be to level up the Oran Fonewm to 100, and finally make a wand to help the FoNewearl do more damage. Then I'll do some Red Slime and Temple Mil piping with him, once he's more capable and at the higher level.

Jazhara
Sep 9, 2003, 03:28 PM
The P Wear etc was actually meant for the lower level characters - but good luck anyway.

Neoluke12
Sep 9, 2003, 03:32 PM
errr too many goals, mine is too hope any rares will drop, well i say go for the shield first, gibbles maybe, it never drops me anything ever anyway!!!!

DOG21313
Sep 9, 2003, 06:04 PM
Hey! I'd also try to pipe for an ULT Love Rappy with your Yellowboze, that would probably help out your forces, I've been trying to get one lately.