PDA

View Full Version : Why the ending of the game is weak...

BBMFttM
Mar 28, 2001, 11:49 PM
I was thinking(Surprising) that maybe the ending was intentionally made weak so that the game wouldn't have closure. And in turn it would make you "keep rollin like paraplegics" without fealing you beaten the game the way Rodney King felt he was beat by the cops...na'mean?

And another thing. I know I've mentioned this b4 but no one responded. Did anyone notice the grituitous picture of the nurse bending over in the end credits?

AdamW
Mar 29, 2001, 12:22 AM
I agree. I think everything in Ver. 2 was originally meant to be in the first PSO but they decided they would just shop it up and make extra money. We will most likely see a real ending in Ver. 2. But then again, the ending kind of matches there story...basically in that there isn't a real solid one.

And yes I noticed the pic of the nurse bending over the counter. It was kind of the Sonic Team wasn't it?

watashiwa
Mar 29, 2001, 04:21 AM
In the words of the "Animaniacs" . . .

Hellooooooooooo, NURSE!!!! d=)->-=

Mina
Mar 29, 2001, 06:20 AM
You've been watching to many cartoons watashiwa, Ow my ears are burning,i wated to see in them so i lit a Q-tip.

Cheif wigum has caught the beer baren "lennys voice:They caught homer?

You've been uptight ever sence i gave you those Pep pills, Whos uptight you pep pill boy,pep pills oh boy *tick*pep pep pills

ACk o.O i need to get out more

Crawurm
Mar 29, 2001, 06:33 AM
well all i hated was that all i got from falz was nothing at all...... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_frown.gif

(Homer, Homer Simpson, the happiest guy in history, from the town of Springfield, he's about to hit a chestnut tree!.......AAHHHH)

Mina
Mar 29, 2001, 06:45 AM
On 2001-03-29 03:33, Crawurm wrote
(Homer, Homer Simpson, the happiest guy in history, from the town of Springfield, he's about to hit a chestnut tree!.......AAHHHH

Tis Homer, Homer Simpson, the Greatest guy in history, from the town of Springfield, he's about to hit a chestnut tree!.......AAHHHH

i've been watchin that show to long lol.

"Marge I did burn down the murle but i swear to you i didn't burn skinners car"Marge:I just saw you!lol is it just me or is Simpsons getting way to out there?Gawd the show gets weirder every sunday
my fav one was...the one where homer makes a web page and uses the name Mr.x lol
*kuwalla bear comes by puts on glases*
Heheheehe ::sigh:: to much tv and PSO

Nex_Nergal
Apr 3, 2001, 03:54 AM
THANK YOU ALL FOR THE SPOILER!!!

AdamW
Apr 3, 2001, 05:08 AM
Gee nex I might apologize if this topic was in any way misleading. But I assume when you see a big old link to a thread that says "Why the ending of the game is weak..." that you might figure out that the ending of the game might be in there and logic dictates that *gasp* you don't have to click the link! And there's nothing to spoil anyways my friend.

Nex_Nergal
Apr 3, 2001, 09:16 AM
Well, the link WAS the spoiler.

Nex_Nergal
Apr 3, 2001, 09:19 AM
But it was'nt really a big surprise, and I did'nt really expect this game to have a thunderpiece classed ending so... sorry about the complaint....

Maverick_X
Apr 3, 2001, 10:17 AM
I remember Yuji Naka says that the game is about 80 percent offline and 100 percent online(completing it). Well i beat both of them and to my dismay, there wasn't any difference at all. Maybe in V2 or possibly in Pso 2. This kinda sounds like Soul Reaver...

flyrobinfly
Apr 3, 2001, 03:31 PM
Well, don't forget that this game was originally going to be some standalone franchise, not Phantasy Star. From what I've read, they retooled it into a 'Phantasy Star' game in the 11th hour of production, so no suprise that it barely gets the visual theme down, let alone any sort of plotline.

It would have been nice for PSO to have been more PS like, because they really were fantastic games in their day despite never attaining the level of popularity of a Dragon Quest or Final Fantasy. I just hope that the popularity that the game has received as an action title doesn't further hinder the chances of seeing another PS RPG in my lifetime.

Geez, I sound like a stubborn old fart http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_razz.gif

Ice_
Apr 3, 2001, 11:36 PM
lol Z your damn horny to get off on a cartoon lol.... yeah teh ending is EXTREAMLY WEAK i mean its a frikan rign dropin wtf is up with that then u gotta watch these ho mo credits!!! lol

Ice_
Apr 3, 2001, 11:36 PM
lol Z your damn horny to get off on a cartoon lol.... yeah teh ending is EXTREAMLY WEAK i mean its a frikan rign dropin wtf is up with that then u gotta watch these ho mo credits!!! lol

Sunblast
May 15, 2003, 05:24 AM
You beat Dark Falz on Hard, right? I was surprised by the different ending, no matter how similar it was. Also, Episode 2 is completely made of storyline.