PDA

View Full Version : EP3: Forces and spells

Zebulan7
Sep 7, 2003, 08:51 PM
I was just wondering, since in E3 all things are cards, about spells. If a force wanted to use a spell, say barta, would he/she need a card every time he/she used it. Like if I used barta one turn would it be used up. Would I then need to hopefully draw another barta if I wanted to use it again.
Since each deck consists of 30 cards it would be hard for a force. Not only would he/she need about 16 cards devoted to spells, but what about items or "defense" cards? If cards are non-reusable then a person might need 4 cards for resta. This could make deck making harder. If a person in ep 1&2 could only have 30 items then how is one supposed to support onself with only so many weapons, mags, sheilds, spells, and items?
Also, how long do weapons last. I heard the termonology of a weapon breaking. I assume this means it can no longer be used.
I would just like to know card structure. Any comments for improvement on the card structure system would be good to. Are there anything you dislike the current system? What do you like? Just let me know, as I do not have a trial version.

rbf2000
Sep 7, 2003, 10:07 PM
Techs are only used once. You use barta, and that's it. You can only have 3 of any one card in your deck, so you can only use barta three times.

Weapons don't break by themselves, they break when they take damage. Once a weapon is broken, the user of that weapon loses 1 hp, and that card is lost.

-DangerousDj-
Sep 8, 2003, 06:46 AM
On 2003-09-07 20:07, rbf2000 wrote:
Techs are only used once. You use barta, and that's it. You can only have 3 of any one card in your deck, so you can only use barta three times.

Not true because the cards you throw away are recycled in to your deck. I have thrown a card away that a have only one of in my hand and redrawn it in the same Draw turn..

I found it hard to use techs effectivly with a hero char, but I have a few in my ark deck tho, mostly because the monster cards can also use tech cards.

LollipopLolita
Sep 8, 2003, 11:42 AM
Not true because the cards you throw away are recycled in to your deck. I have thrown a card away that a have only one of in my hand and redrawn it in the same Draw turn..

this is the default battle setting, you can also set battle options to not have this happen.

Deltina_Wildfire
Sep 8, 2003, 07:43 PM
Wow. That would really be pretty horrible for Forces then.

I could see people making entire technique decks... but I don't know if that would be totally good strategically... Hmmm, now I must ask so I could get a good concept of how well a tech deck would work.

Lolita, or anyone else with the demo, can some of the techniques, like Barta or Rafoie, hit more than one square? Because if they could, a tech deck wouldn't be that bad.

Also, if your Arkz, do you have to deploy monsters in tje squares adjacent to you? Or is there a certain radius of squares where you can deploy monsters? Because I think I have an idea for a tech deck, if anyone is following me on this one...

rbf2000
Sep 8, 2003, 11:53 PM
Well, you wouldn't want to make an all tech deck. Weapons will give a tech bonus, so will mags. Also, if you don't have any weapons, you can only use one tech. But if you do have weapons out, you can use a tech for every weapon you have equipped. That added with the bonus for the weapon and a mag, and I've done 15 damage with one tech. (Default settings, that would be a one hit kill).

Some techs hit more than one space, some techs can go around people (e.g. zonde).

fyrewyre
Sep 24, 2003, 01:13 AM
..hmm...this game is starting to sound better

SolRiver
Oct 1, 2003, 04:24 PM
I think a tech deck would be quite interesting... but we going to need more than just tech cards in the deck... i wonder how is grant and megid thou =/

my wish is that they change the tech appearence... change it to something more interesting, bigger, wider, more explosive... right now, the tech look so weak...why cant ST learn from some other RPG out there, where magic is like... woah

Servbot41
Oct 1, 2003, 09:30 PM
Hm...I hope that it wont be so hard. It still seems that way except for "card recycling" mentioned above...that would change the whole strat. and can monster cards use other cards themselves? Hm...Im going to make an arkz force (my PSO 1&2 force looks evil enough...but lacks the menacing hairdo) and my hunter will be light. Ill see how that works.

Zebulan7
Oct 13, 2003, 05:19 PM
is there any chance that there would be new techs? Maybe something like Yabarta? Just a thought...

Nightmarexlc
Oct 13, 2003, 05:36 PM
On 2003-09-08 17:43, Deltina_Wildfire wrote:
Wow. That would really be pretty horrible for Forces then.

I could see people making entire technique decks... but I don't know if that would be totally good strategically... Hmmm, now I must ask so I could get a good concept of how well a tech deck would work.

Lolita, or anyone else with the demo, can some of the techniques, like Barta or Rafoie, hit more than one square? Because if they could, a tech deck wouldn't be that bad.

Also, if your Arkz, do you have to deploy monsters in tje squares adjacent to you? Or is there a certain radius of squares where you can deploy monsters? Because I think I have an idea for a tech deck, if anyone is following me on this one...

Good question i wonder about this meself ?_?
That'd be really hot! Think of the traps you could set up... a legion of booma!