PDA

View Full Version : #@%$@&*@$ing MSN!

Nai_Calus
Sep 7, 2003, 10:20 PM
Wow. I thought nothing could ever possibly be worse than AOL. Boy, was I ever wrong. Strong language ahead, if that sort of thing offends you, get a life.

So, tonight my mother randomly decided that we -had- to switch over to MSN, immediately. So we try to set it up. Errors. Tech support. Hour or so and more obscure settings and commands than you can shake a stick at later. We finally get it to actully connect. Well, it still gives us errors. Norton pops up it's first ever window for catching a Virus in the month or so the computer's been up and running. "What the fuck is this shit?", I think to myself. More attempts. Norton catches another. More attempts. Well, Norton didn't catch it this time. 1-minute timer, computer shuts down. I swear at MSN under my breath. Mom has been yelling at me all night because it's somehow my fault that MSN doesn't work.

So. We can't get MSN working. Since we've started to try to get it working, the antivirus software has caught virii three times, and failed to catch it at least once. It seems silly to blame trying to use MSN for this, but consider: I've been stuck using AOL for many years now, at least six or seven. In that time, I have -never- gotten -any- sort of virus/worm/etc on -any- of the computers I've used it on, even the one that now today has become infected. Ever. This includes a computer whose virus definitions were not updated for three years, and which had the protection software disabled for the third of those years. That... Kind of makes me suspicious, y'know? O_o;

So, now our poor computer Calus has that fricking Blaster thing or one of it's cousins(Didn't I just update those fricking virus definitions the other day? Yes, Virginia, yes I did. -_-), we can't get online with him, and I am highly fucking pissed off and -not- at all impressed with MSN(Oh. Yeah. When we were actually able to get it to connect? The speeds were actually -slower- than AOL's shitty speeds).

I FUCKING HATE MSN EVEN MORE THAN I HATE FUCKING AOL THAT IS THE SADDEST FUCKING SHIT EVER GRARRGHH RAGE STAB MAIM DESTROY.

At least Vol Opt still 'works', even if it is a 266 Pentium with 96 megs of RAM trying to run WinME. X_x;

TheDarkRaven
Sep 7, 2003, 10:25 PM
I hate it when something doesnt work and then your parents go crazy because somehow its your fault...This is why i tend to stay away from "Family" projects. But anyway..the blaster worm sucks hippo poo, i feel your pain.

Firocket1690
Sep 7, 2003, 10:39 PM
wait ... you named your computers ... ?!
Calus and Vol Opt .... hmmmm ...

I will never understand some people....

my dad does something similar, his server is "Natasha", his main comp is "Christine", and his laptop is "Screwball"
then he was crazy enough to FORCE me to name my comps .... ended up with Rikku and Yuna http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif
hehe

but still ... you should go to Verizon, my dad's had DSL for about a year and not a single problem. Ever.

Nai_Calus
Sep 7, 2003, 10:45 PM
Naming your computers is a perfectly normal, sane thing to do, especially if they're networked. Mine aren't, but I name them anyways because it's easier to refer to, say, 'Vol Opt' than it is to refer to 'The old-ass computer, y'know, the 266 compaq'.

And yes, there is an Olga. ;-P It's the computer at my dad's house in California. It's evil. Vol Opt here is evil too. Calus usually isn't. *cry* I love you Calus, please be ok. ;_;

Reenee
Sep 7, 2003, 11:33 PM
Will a Rati plush calm your spirits?

Nai_Calus
Sep 8, 2003, 02:59 AM
On 2003-09-07 21:33, Reenee wrote:
Will a Rati plush calm your spirits?

Ooh, Rati plushie. *cuddles and forgets all about problems* <3 <3 <3

Atax
Sep 8, 2003, 05:24 AM
Yeah, it's norm to name your PC. My PC's name is Zero_Account, a tribute to RockMan.EXE Transmission.

Kizaragu
Sep 8, 2003, 05:33 AM
On 2003-09-07 20:25, TheDarkRaven wrote:
I hate it when something doesnt work and then your parents go crazy because somehow its your fault...

Unfortunetly (Sp?) It's not always Family.
One time at work my Boss asked me to write up a Menu as she was busy. (I used to work in a canteen)
So there I was happily minding my own business typing it up for her when she was gone. Just as I finished what Happens? The Blue Screen of Death! Now my boss being Completely Computer Illiterate went Nuts and Blamed it on me, claiming I wanted to waste time! And of Course I hadn't gotten round to saving it yet so I had to start over. Bitch.