PDA

View Full Version : PSO DC - PETITION!

colicab
Sep 8, 2003, 08:29 AM
Plz folks get over to this addy and show your support.

http://dreamcast-petition.com/psoservers-e.shtml

alternatively lets get our own going.. i can put up a site and signable petition http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

then maybe the admins heres can submit it to sega http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

All pso players support even if ur new and on gc only sign it, dont let dc payers go without! No matter if your jp , usa or eu sign it http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Maybe post your signed petitiions here http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Lets get oragnized and get it saved!!!

Rep0
Sep 8, 2003, 08:30 AM
Nice effort, but it's not gonna happen.

Davion
Sep 8, 2003, 10:39 AM
As long as the petition is signed by non-Japanese people, ST and Sega will just ignore it.

Docpan
Sep 8, 2003, 12:18 PM
You kids are pathetic. Do you have any idea how many geeks like you make these stupid online petitions? They're like jokes in the eyes of a developer.

Grow up and deal with it, children.

Rownan
Sep 8, 2003, 12:37 PM
ST doesn't even care about the games that are still running, do you seriously think they are gonna care about a game that is nearing the end of its life cycle?

Jack
Sep 8, 2003, 12:46 PM
Hundreds? Last time I talked to both of the DC players, they said they were giving up soon.

zimmk2vgc
Sep 8, 2003, 01:07 PM
The dream is over...just rip out that shoddy 56k or what ever from the side and take a coffin. DC is dead, its been dead since PSO v2 came out, the last game that came out on the DC. Its time to bury the foundation of the revival of Phantasy Star and embrace the future. Perhaps a quote from the "BIG BOOK OF LOTK"

death in inevitable, you cannot escape it. And Finally, heroes live forever, not in body or soul, but within us. Who knows what waits in the next life, but for me, that is the biggest adventure of them all. COPYRIGHT SIMON COMBSTOCK 2003

BWS-1
Sep 8, 2003, 01:14 PM
Nice quote, it speaks the truth.

*sticks to DC PSOffline

yeah, I'm THAT consummed by the game

Valleo
Sep 8, 2003, 01:15 PM
For gods sakes, let it die. Why would you want to play on those hacked empty servers anyways? It was good in its time and now its time has passed. Let it go.

Malkavian
Sep 8, 2003, 01:18 PM
if they are closing the servers is because theres really few people.
Now a petition doesn't matter. Even if it gets 100.000 signatures, where are those 100.000 people? Surely not playing PSO DC online. Sonic Team knows hoe many people logs online on their servers.

alfredpacker
Sep 8, 2003, 01:20 PM
sonicteam is sure to keep the servers open at a loss as long as a handfull of people sign a petition -_-

clance
Sep 8, 2003, 01:25 PM
On 2003-09-08 10:18, Docpan wrote:
You kids are pathetic. Do you have any idea how many geeks like you make these stupid online petitions? They're like jokes in the eyes of a developer.

Shut up you ass, Dave isn't a kid he's 19, and he is more mature than you he's just bothered about DC shuttin' down. I think YOU should grow up and not try to be all, grown up and OOOO OOO Im sssooooooooo matuuuuure, Im telling someone ooooofff OOOO.... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

P.S

Check out his website HE made and lets see if he's a kid or not... www.artorg.co.uk

BWS-1
Sep 8, 2003, 01:38 PM
On 2003-09-08 11:15, Valleo wrote:
For gods sakes, let it die. Why would you want to play on those hacked empty servers anyways?

Empty yes, but hacked? Have you even been to the DC servers latly? There are much less hackers then there used to be, and the few people that are left are honost players, people like me that wants to enjoy the game till then end, and there are very lil n00bs, XP hugers or rare stealers, people no longer care about that, people still play DC PSO for the fun of being with someone else that has seen it all, someone like that that has lived trough PSO since the begining. I still find people fairly new to PSO, europeen players for exemple, some people even just have ver1 but aren't NOLers (can you beleive that? you couldn't say that back in the ''good ol times where we were a thousand'')

It's much less ''hacked'' then GC PSO anyway, and that is a good reason for me to stick with ver2, I'm discused at the ton of hack/savecorruption that GC has to offer, it's pathetic. Only the Xbox version MIGHT be a better new home, but I have not the money nor the interest of starting over in a world that is already old and that will probably not last as long as DC PSO did.

Drayma
Sep 8, 2003, 02:36 PM
I thought it was just the US that was getting shut down, therefore why would someone from Scotland make a petition like this?

A real good idea would petition Sonicteam to make an offline quest using the ship and temple levels before the servers shut down.

St_Botchua
Sep 8, 2003, 02:45 PM
i play dc 1 and its not worth keeping the servers up not enough people

DesertFox
Sep 8, 2003, 03:06 PM
On 2003-09-08 11:25, clance wrote:

On 2003-09-08 10:18, Docpan wrote:

Shut up you ass, Dave isn't a kid he's 19, and he is more mature than you he's just bothered about DC shuttin' down. I think YOU should grow up and not try to be all, grown up and OOOO OOO Im sssooooooooo matuuuuure, Im telling someone ooooofff OOOO.... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

P.S

Check out his website HE made and lets see if he's a kid or not... www.artorg.co.uk

Dude, that's just a message board powered by vBulletin. All you do is get the code for it and then replace the graphics, edit the coding to add in some forums, and that's it. Nothing special.
I'm 14 and I could do that. I could've done it when I was 11 too.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DesertFox on 2003-09-08 13:07 ]</font>

Davion
Sep 8, 2003, 03:53 PM
Umm, am I the Dave in this conversation?

CGoodness
Sep 8, 2003, 03:57 PM
yup, not gonna ever work

Saiffy
Sep 8, 2003, 04:20 PM
On 2003-09-08 11:38, BWS-1 wrote:

On 2003-09-08 11:15, Valleo wrote:
For gods sakes, let it die. Why would you want to play on those hacked empty servers anyways?

Empty yes, but hacked? Have you even been to the DC servers latly? There are much less hackers then there used to be, and the few people that are left are honost players, people like me that wants to enjoy the game till then end, and there are very lil n00bs, XP hugers or rare stealers, people no longer care about that, people still play DC PSO for the fun of being with someone else that has seen it all, someone like that that has lived trough PSO since the begining. I still find people fairly new to PSO, europeen players for exemple, some people even just have ver1 but aren't NOLers (can you beleive that? you couldn't say that back in the ''good ol times where we were a thousand'')

It's much less ''hacked'' then GC PSO anyway, and that is a good reason for me to stick with ver2, I'm discused at the ton of hack/savecorruption that GC has to offer, it's pathetic. Only the Xbox version MIGHT be a better new home, but I have not the money nor the interest of starting over in a world that is already old and that will probably not last as long as DC PSO did.

Xbox waaayyy more hacked then GC dont even make me laugh

KodiaX987
Sep 8, 2003, 04:41 PM
On 2003-09-08 14:20, Saiffwin wrote:
Xbox waaayyy more hacked then GC dont even make me laugh

That could've been a friendly indication but since you decided to shape it as an insult, I will reply in defense for BWS-1: You completely missed his point.

Reenee
Sep 8, 2003, 05:40 PM
GC isn't hacked. People are taking advantage of a glitch, and they're not hacking the game in any way.

Toruxxx
Sep 8, 2003, 07:37 PM
they aint gonna keep it going just coz some ppl are trying to get together to stop it they have made there decision so get over it.

Kuai
Sep 8, 2003, 08:30 PM
On 2003-09-08 15:40, Reenee wrote:
GC isn't hacked. People are taking advantage of a glitch, and they're not hacking the game in any way.

that "glitch" is more destructive than these xbox "hacks"

Reece
Sep 8, 2003, 08:34 PM
On 2003-09-08 08:39, Davion wrote:
As long as the petition is signed by non-Japanese people, ST and Sega will just ignore it.

Hehe Sign it by people like Ichiro and Yow Ming lol
lmfao! Did you see the Osama post? he loves the caves level cause it reminds him of home! lmao!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Reece on 2003-09-08 18:41 ]</font>

Solidus_Snake
Sep 8, 2003, 08:43 PM
Saifwinn...sorry to break your dear GC heart but a lot more goes on in the GC world than on xbox. I really want you to rethink what you said after you read these facts(even though you probably wont,people are afraid of the truth these days)

GC-Multi-equipping,max stats at early levels,online duping,from what i hear but just rumors ways to PK.

XBOX-TJs and BKBs(those dropped in numbers drastically)MAYBE in a rare once in a while someone with a modchip,AR used to dupe.

The things are equal in problem wise but the frequency that they occur in can differ. Modchip users are hardly ever seen. ive only seen one out of the 4 months ive been playing. i dont see many TJs and BKBs that much anymore which im glad of, and if someone actually went through the trouble to dupe with an AR they couldve done something more porductive let them waste their time.

I havent played the GC online only offline but if a GC online person could tell out the frequency of how often the GC things happen thatd be great

Reece
Sep 8, 2003, 08:47 PM
On 2003-09-08 18:43, Solidus_Snake wrote:
Saifwinn...sorry to break your dear GC heart but a lot more goes on in the GC world than on xbox. I really want you to rethink what you said after you read these facts(even though you probably wont,people are afraid of the truth these days)

GC-Multi-equipping,max stats at early levels,online duping,from what i hear but just rumors ways to PK.

XBOX-TJs and BKBs(those dropped in numbers drastically)MAYBE in a rare once in a while someone with a modchip,AR used to dupe.

The things are equal in problem wise but the frequency that they occur in can differ. Modchip users are hardly ever seen. ive only seen one out of the 4 months ive been playing. i dont see many TJs and BKBs that much anymore which im glad of, and if someone actually went through the trouble to dupe with an AR they couldve done something more porductive let them waste their time.

I havent played the GC online only offline but if a GC online person could tell out the frequency of how often the GC things happen thatd be great

No XBox has Al Rappys dude... GCN has glitches and tricks XBox Hacks

BonusKun
Sep 8, 2003, 11:35 PM
On 2003-09-08 12:45, St_Botchua wrote:
i play dc 1 and its not worth keeping the servers up not enough people

Man don't be so negative. That's a piece of gaming history you're downing on there.

I signed it as well. I had good times on my Dreamcast.

Huntley
Sep 8, 2003, 11:36 PM
Ok people, as much as i loved PSO on DC, it is a lost cause, give it up, Sonic Team has proved since dreamcast itself started that they dont care about us.

Reenee
Sep 9, 2003, 12:11 AM
On 2003-09-08 18:30, Kuai wrote:

On 2003-09-08 15:40, Reenee wrote:

that "glitch" is more destructive than these xbox "hacks"

Glitches are workarounds. Hacks are forced changes. Now which one is more destructive?

-LordNikon-
Sep 9, 2003, 07:48 AM
Its unbelievable how little support there is here at PSOW for PSO DC. It is a piece of gaming history, its what started it all. On DC PSO I have been working during the past 6 months, on a HUcast, it is currently at Lv97. The only problems on DC PSO are occasional FSOD's in block01:lobby01 of oberon. My Hucast has not had 1 problem in 6 whole months.

Personally I feel that gamers should be allowed a method of accessing the JP/EUR servers after Oberon goes down, purchasing import copies might allow US players to continue to enjoy DC PSO.

As much as I am a supporter of DC online gaming, I do agree that if Sonic Team has to take the server down for business reasons. I can understand. The cost's of running it in both man power and money can clearly be seen in correlation to the amount of users that are playing it.

And these knocks on DC being dead? Maybe for some of you people DC might be dead, but not for those true DC gamers. The dreamcast is an amazing system that is a pioneer in the gaming industry. It is the most versitale gaming system ever made to date. Just because a system has halted in commercial production, does not mean the system is dead. True gamers are still playing the DC, those who pre-maturly lost interest in the DC, never fully appreciated what the Dreamcast is.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -LordNikon- on 2003-09-09 05:51 ]</font>

Cca
Sep 9, 2003, 11:05 AM
ya DC was the first of 128 bits