PDA

View Full Version : Item: Baby Hildebear Gives You an Item!!!!!?

Revyrah
Sep 8, 2003, 10:22 AM
Here is something that I posted a while ago but I need help. In the offline quests where you come across the baby hildebear
: when you first encounter the baby use a the smile symbol chat then attempt to talk to it with the "A" button.
: do the same thing when you encounter it the second time at the pipe set by the researcher.
:finally go back the area where you first found it and do the same thing BUT make sure you dont have any of your items maxed to 10x and make sure you have room for another item in your inventory or you will lose your chance for possibly a great item.
So far I have done this method in a ton of different ways on both dreamcast and gamecube but the baby only gives the item the way i posted. What I need is for a bunch of volunteers to try this at different character levels dif difficulties and all different section id's and post what you all find this item to be.
I've obtained moon atomizers and antidotes each time but I might not be doing the right thing to get the REAL ITEM .
If anyone feels up to in try it online too and hopefully it will make us 1 rare happier.

Mixfortune
Sep 8, 2003, 10:24 AM
Is it randomized? Cause all I've gotten from it
was some Moon Atomizers...

EDIT- Ultimate Bluefull, Level 130+

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mixfortune on 2003-09-08 08:26 ]</font>

Revyrah
Sep 8, 2003, 10:27 AM
Im not too sure but it does vary in each difficulty setting. I haven't gotten any armor or weapons but Im tryin with a few different id's now. hopefully the redria wont let me down.

Lone_Wolf_Nasca
Sep 8, 2003, 10:34 AM
Sorry I did the same thing and all I got was a moon atomizer !! I was using a Humar with a Redria ID level 136.

Revyrah
Sep 8, 2003, 10:38 AM
awww nuts... maybe try the symbol smile chat then the second time try a different one and the third the symbol smile again....
ugh... the life of a gamer.....all these secrets we try to find...

Malkavian
Sep 8, 2003, 01:23 PM
I only received Moon atomizers. Nobody got something special from there.
Actually is nice to try this stuff. But im surprised you trying this since DC O_o

clance
Sep 8, 2003, 01:43 PM
Im doin it as we speak, got only a moon atom

MaxBuster
Sep 8, 2003, 03:07 PM
I mentioned this a long time ago, but no one cared. You don't have to do any smiley face things, just talk to the first baby, then the second one, and then come back to the first one and the shinning item will pop out next to you. I've tried the quest many times with my Fonewn on Ultimate and it still lands me a Moon Atomizer just like in Norm and Hard. I'm thinking it's linked with the quest Native Research, but haven't bothered to find out.

Ketchup345
Sep 8, 2003, 03:09 PM
Has anyone done this with a SJS in their inventory/equipped?

Don't take it too far though, just wanted to know if anyone has and if not, this should go into the The Ended Theory (Sealed J-Sword) Topic. (http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=53013&forum=7&919) This was just a thought.

DOG21313
Sep 8, 2003, 05:03 PM
That would get a lot of people ticked, having searched for the way to unseal for soo long only to have a baby hilde unseal it... *Laughs* Seriously, that would be cool.

Benzine
Sep 8, 2003, 07:21 PM
Think it might have something to do with the time it takes you to complete the native research quest? That also might be worth looking into.

-bz

Mixfortune
Sep 8, 2003, 07:31 PM
I've beaten it in 5 ticks before...Moon Atomizer.

But, by complete, do you mean after the second baby
disappears? Because you can't technically complete
the quest until you collect your meseta, and by
then it's too late.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mixfortune on 2003-09-08 17:31 ]</font>

CGoodness
Sep 8, 2003, 09:22 PM
maybe it has some prerequisites to get a rare like how you have to do all that special stuff to get soul eater?

rena-ko
Sep 9, 2003, 05:08 AM
point at it with the head of his parents, maybe it will drop something special then ^-^

no really... the interesting thing is... that usually you have a number after the moon atomizer, even if its just one, right?
now, i did this on dreamcast quite often (btw, without any chatsymbol) and got a moon atomizer, picked it up and it had no number.
then i picked another up and i had only 1 (one) of them in my inventory.

hm. so far i didnt know you get antidotes from it...

and what do you do when you dont have the generic smile-chatsymbol anymore?...
so far this sounds like a joke.

good luck anyway...

(use the moon on a hilde-battlefield, maybe it revives one of them ^-^)

MaxBuster
Sep 9, 2003, 01:11 PM
I'm guessing it has something to do with the Data Control thingy across the bridge. It has two different messages when you access the machine, one before talking to the baby hilt and one after. There has to be something special about the item, or else why would such a strange thing produce only a Moon Atomizer?

vegeta000110
Sep 9, 2003, 06:08 PM
1. Tried it w/ my Hune, moon atomizer.
2. How can you access the computer? Every time I go to it it says access denied.

Kai_reborn
Sep 9, 2003, 07:47 PM
Maybe every one should just be happy that it gives you a free item http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

AUTO_
Sep 9, 2003, 09:08 PM
I wouldn't bother trying to figure out if he drops a rare item; because if it does, I'm sure there is a rediculous PSO-style pre-quest you have to accomplish that nobody could figure out-unless out of pure luck (how stoned do you think the japanese gamer was when he found out the process to get the Ragol Ring?).

I always thought the Moon At. he gives is just a sign of mocking me.

MaxBuster
Sep 10, 2003, 10:16 AM
RE:1. Tried it w/ my Hune, moon atomizer.
2. How can you access the computer? Every time I go to it it says access denied.

Once you clear the area next to the waters the 1st baby Hilt will appear, then just run to the other room and try to access the computer. It'll say several lines before "access denied" if you DON'T talk to the baby Hilt, but if you do talk to the baby Hilt, it'll just say "access denied." Definitely something to think about....

Para
Sep 10, 2003, 03:22 PM
moon atomizer as well here

Revyrah
Sep 13, 2003, 10:17 PM
Just to let everyone know this was not any attempt at a joke. I tried these "tactics" since dreamcast and on that system i believe i had to use the symbol chat. I attempted without using it and I dind't get anything without using it. Myabe it is tied into some other quest too. I don't thiink we should leave it off here while we have so many people trying to find a rare on this quest. I'm gonna keep lookin so please fellos and fellas don't quit on me. Let me know what happens as I keep lookin.

Revyrah
Sep 13, 2003, 10:20 PM
Has anyone tried this online yet?

Reenee
Sep 14, 2003, 12:05 AM
This isn't an online quest.

Benzine
Sep 14, 2003, 02:23 AM
To clarify myself earlier.. I thought this thread was talking about the quest Forest Of Sorrow where you have the FOmarl Alicia Baz tag along. I only use this quest to pipe now and it's been months since I actually finished it (or any other offline quest for that matter) or even gotten any further than setting up myself to pipetrick for some rare hildes. Anyway, to open the Forest of Sorrow quest you have to complete the quest Native Research. Native Research is a timed quest where you have 20 minutes to complete it. Maybe it's like a mini cmode and you get a better item from the baby hilde depending on the time from the previous quest. Maybe it only works once per character per difficulty like the ultimate soul of a blacksmith quest. Maybe it only drops a moon atomizer and it's just some sick twisted joke by the game's programmers. Those late nights do evil things to a man's sense of humor, ya know.

-bz

Kaito
Sep 14, 2003, 04:17 AM
i don't know, did some people hear footsteps when you're near the Baby hildebear for the 3d time?
maybe it could help........(when you stand still a meter or two in front of the baby, you'll hear, Tack, Tack, Tack *SILNCE* , Tack, Tack, Tack *Silence*)

MaxBuster
Sep 15, 2003, 01:19 PM
I suspect it has something to do with the Native Research quest as well. Maybe someone should try to complete it in the fastest time possible, or maybe try to complete by killing as FEW of the Hild's as possible.
In FOS, the computer says something about Hild's being friendly animals, maybe you just can't kill too many of them.
Also, I've already tried talking to the 3rd baby after going back to Pioneer2 to lose Alicia, it's still the Moon Atomizer.

Benzine
Sep 15, 2003, 04:19 PM
Native Research just has one hilde (I remember because that lone hilde dropped me a head once) and I *think* you have to kill all the hildes in FoS to open doors and whatnot.

We could be on to something. I don't have the quests available but when I raise my next character I'm definitely going to look into it.

-bz

Genoa
Sep 15, 2003, 04:24 PM
whoa im surprised Lolita or Bit hasn't replied to this saying something like "oh it gives you crap and no rare" and crush your dreams :/ I'll try this weekend (seeing thats the only time I can play) Heads up on the character i'm doing it with is

RAmarl-SKYLY-Lv.93

dunno what difficulty, I'll try all 4. Maybe i'll get it http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif or then again....probably not http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Scejntjynahl
Sep 15, 2003, 04:30 PM
Doesn't Alicia Balz request that she does not want to use her force abilities at all if it is possible. That may have something to do with it, but it is extremele hard to do. She has her own mind anyways. I've tried keeping her on the other side of the door as I enter slowly and try to kill everything with a long range weapon. Or just get her "stuck" and go on a killing spree. As of yet she still has used her magic...so I am still trying. Other than that I also only get moon atomizer.

vegeta000110
Sep 15, 2003, 08:15 PM
It can't be how many hildes you do/dont kill because you have to go through all 8 of them in the final baby hilde room. Maybe it has something to do with if you find a blue or torr?

CGoodness
Sep 15, 2003, 09:00 PM
On 2003-09-14 02:17, Kaito wrote:
i don't know, did some people hear footsteps when you're near the Baby hildebear for the 3d time?
maybe it could help........(when you stand still a meter or two in front of the baby, you'll hear, Tack, Tack, Tack *SILNCE* , Tack, Tack, Tack *Silence*)

I think thats the baby Hildebear walking around that you hear.

Revyrah
Sep 16, 2003, 01:33 AM
Those are a lot of great ideas and points to take into consideration. I think there is a way to avoid killing all the hildebears. I was running around avoiding them for a while and they kept getting too close to Alicia so I didnt want her to die so I slaughtered the babys fam......Maybe the moon atomizer was meant for the baby to use on them. lol

Kaito
Sep 16, 2003, 08:38 AM
The Baby Hildebears stands still.....

MaxBuster
Sep 16, 2003, 11:14 AM
I think the 2nd baby moves around in the corner. It's the same Hild, just that it disappears both times when you talk to it.
You don't have to kill all the Hilts in the quest, I believe there are 3 or 4 that you don't have to encounter in order to complete the quest.