PDA

View Full Version : Hmmmm..should I?

Volrath05
Sep 8, 2003, 08:22 PM
Hi, im a newb and was wondering if anyone could tell me if I should try out a FOmar and why? I have played HUmar but hack and slash is bleh :/ Can anyone tell me if FOmar is good, why you like to play as one, good canes/rods etc, and what techniques they can use? Thank you and sorry if I seem kinda newbish hehe....see you around!

Suppa_Buddha
Sep 8, 2003, 08:25 PM
Go RAcaseal or die!!!!!!!

Just kidding!

CGoodness
Sep 8, 2003, 09:17 PM
Forces are really fun because you can cook, fry, freeze, curse, slice, dice, smack, pretty much kill your enemies any way you please. I prefer FOnewm over FOmar though. It's hard to mkae FOmars look like guys haha

SnowReaper
Sep 8, 2003, 09:47 PM
i have an Fomar.. there really good if you play them right.. they are alot harder then any hunter or ranger.. trust me there and anyone that says it.. they have the lowst def and health

Dbc
Sep 8, 2003, 10:40 PM
make a HUmar and RAmar, then make a FOmar, make it half melee half magic and try to get level 30 shifta and deband

Nai_Calus
Sep 8, 2003, 10:49 PM
FOmars are wimpy girly men who get tossed around like a 98lb fresh prison inmate. For the first 40 or so levels of Ult you may adress everything as 'Bubba'. They are however lots of fun to use, as you can nuke everything with techs and whack it for fun, or whack it primarily and back it up with your techs. Weapons with high Hit% are a must, though, as FOmars have horrible ATA. For casting, I reccommend dispensing with weapons and using a Merge of some sort, as males cast much faster without weapons than with, and a FOmar(Or FOnewm, and even a RA or HUmar) with high-level techs can be damn near blinding. For weapons I suggest high-hit Mechgun-types and a good Saber-type. If you can get one, an S-rank Twin would also be good. A Double Saber is great for lower levels, especially since the Geist special turns anything too slow or stupid to pose a real threat(Wolf/Gulgus, Assassin, solitary Belra you've gotten behind) into a walking Difluid.
FOmars do indeed possess crap DFP and crap HP, but this can be compensated for with the wonderful duo of Jellen and Deband(Do not underestimate Happy Fun Jellen. Do not forget to cast Happy Fun Jellen. Happy Fun Jellen saves your brittle dress-wearing ass by crippling the hell out of things, especially in Seabed). Shifta and Zalure make your blows much harder.
If you want a huge challenge, don't twink your FOmar. If you don't want to feel like ripping him out of the console and splatting him on the nearest wall, twink him.
They make good eyecandy, too, although straight guys and lesbians wouldn't like them much. You -can- make them look non-girly, but it's awfully hard. Just give in and use hairstyle #6 like a good little sheep. You'll feel better.

_Sinue_
Sep 9, 2003, 12:27 AM
Personally, I prefer my FOnewearl over my FOmar. She's harder to play in some respects due to a pathetically low ATP, and HP. However her Defense is good for a FO.. her EVP is excellent.. ATA is ok, but could be a lot better.. and her MST has the potential to go through the roof.

Because of this challenge, I find her more interesting to play (She's a melee FOnewearl). Not to mention she doesn't have a "WannaBe" HU complex and is constantly on it with J/Z, S/D, Resta, ect.. which makes my party very happy. Online, I do have to rely on my team a bit.. but offline she's powerful enough to take on any challenge. With her P-Arm blades, she can drop a Gilchic (Ult) in one combo at lvl 145.. which more than I can say for my 125 HUmar using an Oriagito. She also has an entire arsenal of high level spells to back her up in case things get too heated for her (which they rarely do).. another plus over my HUmar.

However, I don't recommend you play a melee FOnewearl. You'll get absolutely OWNED if you don't know exactly what you're doing. I suggest picking a FOmarl or FOmar if you want to melee.. just be sure to remember that you ARE A FO.. not a HU. Act like one.

Nai_Calus
Sep 9, 2003, 12:57 AM
On 2003-09-08 22:27, _Sinue_ wrote:
just be sure to remember that you ARE A FO.. not a HU. Act like one.

...If you're acting like a proper HU, you're still acting like a FO. XD Your S/D range practically covers entire continents with a mar/marl, and it doesn't take much effort to use Resta/Anti. If you -really- know what you're doing, you'll even be spamming the J/Z(Heh, I try to do that sometimes when I'm teching with my FOs because I'm so used to J/Zing everything in sight with my HUmar. I'm more likely to remember J/Z than S/D when I'm meleeing with my FOs. ^^;)
But yeah, act like a damn FO. S/D your team, heal them, heal yourself, J/Z everything. Jellen cripples it. Zalure makes it take more damage. Guess what, you get exp for it, so if the HUs/RAs kill it before you get a blow in on it, no biggie.