PDA

View Full Version : PSO 2

Drahktar
Mar 29, 2001, 03:18 AM
Cheating aside, my biggest beef with Phantasy Star Online is the character development. In PSO, the only difference between two maxed out HUmar's are their equipment and appearance. That sucks. I'm of the opinion that you shoudn't be able to max out. That's no fun. Anyone play Fallout 1/2? You coudn't get anywhere near getting every single perk in the game, you had to pick and choose what you wanted you character to be good at. PSO needs that.

I was thinking that a really cool way of doing that would be dojos. Say you have 10 dojos that all specialize in different things. As you gain levels you occasionally stop by your dojo and do quests for them and in exchange they'll teach you stuff.

For example, you're a level 12 HUmar, and you train with the Blue Lotus dojo. For simply being part of the Blue Lotus your evasion trait is increased by 20%. At tenth level, you did a quest for them that involved the slaying of a thief who stole a pair of ancient ceremonial knives from your dojo and then returning the knives. As a reward for your obvious skill and dedication to the Blue Lotus they trained you further in the ways of unarmed combat, allowing you to choose from a number of benefits, such as adding a forth attack to you unarmed attack string, increasing unarmed damage, or giving you greatly improved evasion while unarmed. Of course you could only pick one of these, so not only are you different from you fellow HUmars that might train under the roofs of the Red Dragon or the Crouching Tiger (heh), you would be different from your fellow Blue Lotus students.

Now how cool would that be?

[addsig]

<font size=1>[ This message was edited by: Drahktar on 2001-03-29 00:20 ]</font>