PDA

View Full Version : Speeding Cost?

AlphaDoom
Sep 9, 2003, 07:14 AM
I wanna know how many battles you can put on as max. E.g If having 2 devil battles on your cha, would that be greater speed or the same of having 1 devil battle on?

rena-ko
Sep 9, 2003, 07:26 AM
no, battle units dont stack.
only way to speed up would be using a god/battle instead of a devil/battle.

CGoodness
Sep 10, 2003, 03:48 PM
darnit my character has both on i thought i was working too!

Kadou
Sep 10, 2003, 04:05 PM
I'd rather not start a new thread unless necessary. Does Angry Fist increase battle speed? I know it increases casting speed for FOmars and FOnewms, only because it uses the unarmed animation. The reason I ask is because, after dying with the Angry Fist equipped, I seemed to attack 10-20% slower. Maybe I'm just hallucinating, but can somebody confirm or disprove this?

Bit
Sep 10, 2003, 04:08 PM
Some weapons are slower attacking then others initially. No weapon has been proven to actually increase your 'battle speed stat'.

Claws, are obviously slower then that of a twin saber type weapon.

So No, I don't think Angry Fist increases battle speed anyway.

Kadou
Sep 10, 2003, 04:15 PM
I realize that some weapons attack faster than others, but I was comparing Angry Fist to unarmed, which have the same animation, and thus, they ought to have the same speed. After switching between the two a couple times, doing a few combos each time, the Angry Fist seemed slightly faster.

Maybe I'm naive, but I assumed that the desciption for Sonic Knuckle ("Unarmed combat gear that allows attacks at sonic speeds. Its special attack steals experience.") implies that it increases combat speed.

Bit
Sep 10, 2003, 04:19 PM
Says something similar for the Kasami Bracer as well. Something about increasing speed.

My Theory on these is Evasion.

http://www.pso-world.com/items.php?op=viewarticle&artid=138&sortby=class

The Sonic Knuckle gives you a small evasion boost, and evasion in real life, is how quick you can move.

The Kasami Bracer obviously gives you a large amount of evasion, therefore would be giving you speed increases.

Just a theory.

Kadou
Sep 10, 2003, 04:21 PM
Makes sense. I don't know why I didn't think of that. Eh, I was going to ask if Angry Fist could stack with */Battle units, but apparently it might not even increase combat speed.

SpyroDi
Sep 10, 2003, 05:04 PM
I believe the Crazy Tune and Twin Chakram have faster attack animations than their original class of weapon...(Sword/Dagger)

Reece
Sep 10, 2003, 09:41 PM
Yea I think it's the same speed

StrongBad
Sep 10, 2003, 10:06 PM
What about Twin Chakram? Whenever I am using these it seems like I have God/Battle equipped...

Oops, didnt see spyros post. sorry.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: StrongBad on 2003-09-10 20:07 ]</font>

AlphaDoom
Sep 11, 2003, 12:12 PM
Yeah I thought the battle units wouldn't stack because I didn't see any difference in speed of having 1 and then having 2.

Soukosa
Sep 11, 2003, 12:43 PM
On 2003-09-10 14:19, Bit wrote:
Says something similar for the Kasami Bracer as well. Something about increasing speed.

The Sonic Knuckle gives you a small evasion boost, and evasion in real life, is how quick you can move.

The Kasami Bracer obviously gives you a large amount of evasion, therefore would be giving you speed increases.

Just a theory.

Not all weapons that boost your EVP, boost your attack speed. I know for a fact that the Sonic Knuckle causes you to attack as if you had a God/Battle on.

Bit
Sep 11, 2003, 02:23 PM
On 2003-09-11 10:43, Sounomi wrote:

On 2003-09-10 14:19, Bit wrote:

Just a theory.

Not all weapons that boost your EVP, boost your attack speed. I know for a fact that the Sonic Knuckle causes you to attack as if you had a God/Battle on.

Anything on the Kasami Bracer, then?

Soukosa
Sep 11, 2003, 02:44 PM
On 2003-09-11 12:23, Bit wrote:
Anything on the Kasami Bracer, then?

No. I don't have one of those yet http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Bit
Sep 11, 2003, 02:46 PM
Okay.

Perhaps a bit more insight later on with these items that allegedly raise attack speed can be of benefit to those who can't get a God/Battle, eh?

SpyroDi
Sep 11, 2003, 05:18 PM
I'm pretty sure the Kasami Bracer doesn't increase attack speed,but I can confirm it with one of my friends.

Hrith
Sep 12, 2003, 10:47 AM
Rare weapons do alter your attack speed. I mean some are faster, some slower, some none.

I can confirm these UNDOUBTEDLY :

Fastest Claw : MORNING GLORY
Fastest Daggers : TWIN CHAKRAM
Fastest Fist : GOD HAND
Fastest Handgun : YASMINKOV 2000H
Fastest Katana : KAMUI
Fastest Mechgun : YASMINKOV 9000M
Fastest Partisan : IMPERIAL PICK
Fastest Rifle : YASMINKOV 3000R
Fastest Saber : LAVIS CANNON
Fastest Slicer : FLIGHT CUTTER
Fastest Sword : CRAZY TUNE (I have only tried 4 of the FLOWEN'S SWORDS, including the real one)
Fastest Twin Saber : PARTISAN of LIGHTNING
Fastest Twin Sword : SANGE & YASHA

Of those I'm certain.
On the whole, RED weapons (not including RED SCORPIO) are faster than normal.
S-Ranks are absolutely normal.
FLIGHT FAN is a slow SLICER.
RAPPY'S FAN is a very slow SLICER.
SPREAD NEEDLE is a slow RIFLE.
S-BERRIL KNUCKLE Type0 is a slow DAGGER.
And so on, check for yourself http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

And I don't think any set of armor or any shield does increase speed.

BUT
Hunters are faster than Rangers, Rangers than Forces.
Androids are faster than non-Androids.
Hardly noticeable anyway, except if you are comparing a HUcast to a FOnewearl :?

Soukosa
Sep 12, 2003, 11:51 AM
On 2003-09-12 08:47, Kefka wrote:
Rare weapons do alter your attack speed. I mean some are faster, some slower, some none.

I can confirm these UNDOUBTEDLY :

Fastest Claw : MORNING GLORY
Fastest Daggers : TWIN CHAKRAM
Fastest Fist : GOD HAND
Fastest Handgun : YASMINKOV 2000H
Fastest Katana : KAMUI
Fastest Mechgun : YASMINKOV 9000M
Fastest Partisan : IMPERIAL PICK
Fastest Rifle : YASMINKOV 3000R
Fastest Saber : LAVIS CANNON
Fastest Slicer : FLIGHT CUTTER
Fastest Sword : CRAZY TUNE (I have only tried 4 of the FLOWEN'S SWORDS, including the real one)
Fastest Twin Saber : PARTISAN of LIGHTNING
Fastest Twin Sword : SANGE & YASHA

Of those I'm certain.
On the whole, RED weapons (not including RED SCORPIO) are faster than normal.
S-Ranks are absolutely normal.
FLIGHT FAN is a slow SLICER.
RAPPY'S FAN is a very slow SLICER.
SPREAD NEEDLE is a slow RIFLE.
S-BERRIL KNUCKLE Type0 is a slow DAGGER.
And so on, check for yourself http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

And I don't think any set of armor or any shield does increase speed.

BUT
Hunters are faster than Rangers, Rangers than Forces.
Androids are faster than non-Androids.
Hardly noticeable anyway, except if you are comparing a HUcast to a FOnewearl :?

I checked out some of those weapons and you're wrong with at least the ones I checked. Spread Needle has the same speed as a normal rifle. Rappy's Fan isn't any slower. Morning Glory seemed to be a bit faster than a Photon Claw, but its iffy. Also, speed with weapons varies between item types and classes and not all FOs are slower than HUs and RAs. For instance, a FOmarl has a slightly faster slicer animation than them and anyone that's seen a FOmarl use an Inferno Bazooka can tell you that their shot animation is greatly faster as well.

Kadou
Sep 12, 2003, 03:45 PM
I think it says in several places that FOmarls use the Inferno Bazooka faster than any other class.
I've heard in more than one places that Spread Needle is faster than most shots, but has about the same speed as a rifle. I wouldn't really know, seeing as I'm an offline FOmar.

Hrith
Sep 15, 2003, 09:14 AM
I said "on the whole".

It IS true that FOmarls use INFERNO BAZOOKA faster, and the reason they use Slicers faster is because their animation pattern differs.

Of the rest I'm CERTAIN, check before talking. Collect ALL weapons of one class and try them all.

What is a normal rifle to you ?
I am ONLY talking about rare weapons, and SPREAD NEEDLE is definitely slower than other RARE rifle-type weapons.

Of course, all of these differences are iffy except for some real slow weapons like RAPPY'S FAN, RUBY BULLET and FLAME VISIT or real fast ones like TWIN CHAKRAM and MORNING GLORY.

I'm NOT saying it makes any difference in actual combat.

Do not use a /Battle unit while comparing, it only makes things more difficult.

Peace http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kefka on 2003-09-15 07:17 ]</font>

PABLOparavida
Sep 16, 2003, 06:34 PM
I like how battles don't stack up then you only have to equip one.

Soukosa
Sep 16, 2003, 08:14 PM
On 2003-09-15 07:14, Kefka wrote:
Of the rest I'm CERTAIN, check before talking. Collect ALL weapons of one class and try them all.

What is a normal rifle to you ?
I am ONLY talking about rare weapons, and SPREAD NEEDLE is definitely slower than other RARE rifle-type weapons.

I just compared it to some other rare rifles without any battle units and if one is faster, it would be the Spread Needle, but they all appear to be the same, speed wise.

Of course, all of these differences are iffy except for some real slow weapons like RAPPY'S FAN, RUBY BULLET and FLAME VISIT or real fast ones like TWIN CHAKRAM and MORNING GLORY.

I just checked a Rappy's Fan against some other rare slicers, the Flame Visit against some other rare shots, and the Morning Glory against some other rare claws. They all attacked at the same speed. The MG seemed to attack a bit faster than other claws, but it appears to just be with its appearance.

Hrith
Sep 17, 2003, 08:02 AM
well then I need to try this on all chars maybe, not now, though.

RAmarl definitely uses MORNING GLORY faster and FLAME VISIT & RAPPY'S FAN slower.

A HUnewearl friend of mine also said that it was "obvious" that RAPPY'S FAN was slower.

Also, my HUcast definitely uses IMPERIAL PICK faster tha RED PARTISAN and SOUL BANISH, that one's obvious to me too.

Anyway, thanks for correcting me http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Soukosa
Sep 17, 2003, 01:29 PM
On 2003-09-17 06:02, Kefka wrote:
RAmarl definitely uses MORNING GLORY faster and FLAME VISIT & RAPPY'S FAN slower.

I compared the use a Morning Glory, Flame Visit, and Rappy's Fan, with a RAmarl I have, against some other weapons of that classification and they all attacked at the same speed.

A HUnewearl friend of mine also said that it was "obvious" that RAPPY'S FAN was slower.

I compared a Rappy's Fan with my HUnewearl against some other slicers and they all went at the same speed.

Also, my HUcast definitely uses IMPERIAL PICK faster tha RED PARTISAN and SOUL BANISH, that one's obvious to me too.

I don't have any of those yet, so I can't say anything about them.

Some of the weapons may seem to go a bit slower or faster due to their appearance, but from what I can tell, they all go at the same speed. So far, the only weapon that I've seen that goes at a different speed from other weapons in its class, is Sonic Knuckle.