PDA

View Full Version : Mac-dsl

Anonymous
Mar 29, 2001, 06:15 AM
Hi, has any one connected the dc via BBA with a mac?
How does it work?

GTx
steelcut

Archer_Hedge
Mar 31, 2001, 09:58 PM
I'm using it for my setup right now. I got it to work 2 ways: external router and using Mac as a router.

The external router is the easiest way to go and doesn't require alot of networking knowledge. I was up and running in about 30 minutes.

The second method of using your Mac as a router requires your Mac to have at least 2 ethernet adapters in it (built in ethernet and a pci board is what I used) and a software based routing program like SurfDoubler (http://www.vicomsoft.com/surfdoubler/surf.main.html). This path requires a little more networking knowledge and a bit more time (1-2 hours). Basically, you connect your DSL/Cable Modem to the built in Ethernet jack and connect your DC to the Ethernet card you installed. Configure the software to act as a DHCP server which will assign an address to the DC when you start it up.

Email me if you need more info. I would honestly go with the external router since it's really easy to setup and gets you online in under an hour.

<center>
RAmar - Level 53
Ultra Rare 2x4 with Rusty Nail
Lots of Saran Wrap - A Bag of Stale Cheetos
</center>

<font size=1>[ This message was edited by: Archer_Hedge on 2001-03-31 19:04 ]</font>