PDA

View Full Version : I will be flamed, and I will accept it.

Mystil
Sep 10, 2003, 08:49 AM
But PLEASE give me a break people. LET PSO DC just DIE for GOD SAKES. I.AM.SO.SICK.IN.TIRED.OF.HEARING. about it. Now there's a petition for it?! GET REAL. The Dreamcast is a DEAD system. DC PSO is hacked to hell and back. DC PSO has nothing but BAD memories for most poeple who were introduced to the series on it. The fun times that are referred to as the "DC Days". Were just December 00 to Marh 01, after that, PK was born and the HELL began from there. The "DC Days" were over.

I don't care about it, and I WANT to see it gone. Stop prolonging the inevitable.(And no this is not me saying get rid of the update on the site either. Everything has to have a got damn end at some point for Megid sake).

CGoodness
Sep 10, 2003, 04:08 PM
but some people have DC as their only pso console and they dont wanna lose it im guessing

Da__Ad__Man
Sep 10, 2003, 04:19 PM
Ya but people.....MOVE ON, get Xbox or GC.. if u wanna play pso...jeeese give it up.

Firocket1690
Sep 10, 2003, 09:28 PM
*goes to sign DC Magic Petition*
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Firocket1690
Sep 10, 2003, 09:29 PM
I will be flamed, and I will accept it.

yeah !!
take it like a man!!! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

_Sinue_
Sep 10, 2003, 11:12 PM
I dunno about anyone else, but even with the cheats and hacks, it's still my favorite version with some of my fondest memories of playing online games.

Sides, with my HL being canceled at the moment, v.1 is all I got for the next week till my MO reaches PSOexplorer.

pixelate
Sep 11, 2003, 12:01 AM
But it's free. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Wewt
Sep 11, 2003, 07:26 AM
DC versions > GC versions.

But I might be going back to play on the GC version :l

KodiaX987
Sep 11, 2003, 08:43 AM
On 2003-09-10 22:01, pixelate wrote:
But it's free. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Fucking amen. This quote alone will 0wn everyone. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Valleo
Sep 11, 2003, 10:25 AM
On 2003-09-11 06:43, KodiaX987 wrote:

Fucking amen. This quote alone will 0wn everyone. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Get a job you bums.

KodiaX987
Sep 11, 2003, 11:58 AM
I've just been hired actually. Fire-watching from up in the air in a Cessna 180. One dude flies the airplane, one dude looks for forest fires.

I happen to be the one flying the airplane. Chew on this.

Valleo
Sep 11, 2003, 12:06 PM
On 2003-09-11 09:58, KodiaX987 wrote:
I've just been hired actually. Fire-watching from up in the air in a Cessna 180. One dude flies the airplane, one dude looks for forest fires.

I happen to be the one flying the airplane. Chew on this.

? Chew on what? Pay to play then if you have such a fantastic job. I once asked a noler why he bothered to play PSO at all, if all he was going to do was mees with other people games and fun. His answer was; "Who cares? Its free."

Thats what it comes down to I think, people who only play to mess with people, and not to actually enjoy the game will not pay money to get online. PSO may not be perfectly void of cheaters, but Id rather pay a fee and have less lamers, than get it free and have the game ruined, which IMO is what happened with Ver 1.

Nawms
Sep 11, 2003, 12:44 PM
My best gaming memories came from the DC.... well that and the NES

KodiaX987
Sep 11, 2003, 01:52 PM
On 2003-09-11 10:06, Valleo wrote:
Pay to play then if you have such a fantastic job. I once asked a noler why he bothered to play PSO at all, if all he was going to do was mees with other people games and fun. His answer was; "Who cares? Its free."

Thats what it comes down to I think, people who only play to mess with people, and not to actually enjoy the game will not pay money to get online. PSO may not be perfectly void of cheaters, but Id rather pay a fee and have less lamers, than get it free and have the game ruined, which IMO is what happened with Ver 1.

I can get away from lamers by doing a locked game and inviting my buddies in. I recognize PSO is a great game, but I wouldn't pay to play anything online. With all the schoolwork I've got, I'd barely have the time to play at all. I wouldn't be able to take advantage of the stuff. And in any case, there will still be a shitload of lamers even if it's a paid service. If hackers can get credit card numbers in a few clicks, they'll heve no problem logging on a game server. Sure, it'll take care of the common script-kiddie, but overall, almost any server is a swiss cheese for someone who even remotely knows his stuff.

So for all it's worth, I'd rather get myself a PC game where I will at least have the possibility of doing network or modem games instead of dishing out the cash to go online.

AngelofEnders
Sep 11, 2003, 01:53 PM
All "good" things most come to an end.

Dangerous55
Sep 11, 2003, 02:03 PM
On 2003-09-10 06:49, Silhouette wrote:
But PLEASE give me a break people. LET PSO DC just DIE for GOD SAKES. I.AM.SO.SICK.IN.TIRED.OF.HEARING. about it. Now there's a petition for it?! GET REAL. The Dreamcast is a DEAD system. DC PSO is hacked to hell and back. DC PSO has nothing but BAD memories for most poeple who were introduced to the series on it. The fun times that are referred to as the "DC Days". Were just December 00 to Marh 01, after that, PK was born and the HELL began from there. The "DC Days" were over.

I don't care about it, and I WANT to see it gone. Stop prolonging the inevitable.(And no this is not me saying get rid of the update on the site either. Everything has to have a got damn end at some point for Megid sake).

Have you ever played the DC PSO?

Valleo
Sep 11, 2003, 02:13 PM
On 2003-09-11 11:52, KodiaX987 wrote:

I can get away from lamers by doing a locked game and inviting my buddies in.

Right. Cause there was never any such code that allowed people to enter locked games right? Whatever, to each his own. You can do that now on the X box or GC, but not on Ver 1. And code kiddies are precisely the type of lamers that you would want to avoid. I would think that most half decent hackers would have much better things to do than Nol or corrupt somebody. Anyways. While I understand that DC vets have good memories (for the most part) from Dreamcast PSO, why anyone would still want to play it when theres Ep 1 and 2 for GC and X box, that basically has everything that Ver 1 had and more. GC corruption and duping and X box hacking pale in comparison to the malicious hacking on the DC.

Anyways..... I noticed your from Montreal. Would it be much trouble for you to send me some bagels and Decarie hot dogs?

KodiaX987
Sep 11, 2003, 03:26 PM
Gang logic: fill up your game. A cheater can't get in once we're four in there.

Valleo
Sep 11, 2003, 04:18 PM
I dont know man. Filling up your game is your great defence tactic? Thats pretty flimsy.

Uh... where are my bagels?

Elvendar
Sep 11, 2003, 04:35 PM
You suck.

DC was great. I think it's wrong just to shut down the servers and move on. You forget, some of the GOOD, NICE, FUN PSO players don't have the kind of CASH (I don't care if you have a job or not, a person most likely isn't going to blow a significant portion of a weeks paycheck to go buy a Cube/Box, Adapter/Live kit, and a new copy of PSO, plus a Hunters License) to restart a decent game.

Have a little sympathy for the old school PSO players.

KodiaX987
Sep 11, 2003, 04:44 PM
Got any better strategy, fellow canuck? Anyways; I was in a hurry earlier on, so I'll finish answering the post.

On 2003-09-11 12:13, Valleo wrote:
And code kiddies are precisely the type of lamers that you would want to avoid. I would think that most half decent hackers would have much better things to do than Nol or corrupt somebody.
Let's just say I got surprized once in a while. One day I was the victim of a perfectly "safe" hacker, but his hack screwed up and froze everyone in the game.

While I understand that DC vets have good memories (for the most part) from Dreamcast PSO, why anyone would still want to play it when theres Ep 1 and 2 for GC and X box, that basically has everything that Ver 1 had and more. GC corruption and duping and X box hacking pale in comparison to the malicious hacking on the DC.
I didn't want V2 because it had too few upgrades in comparison to V1; I also didn't want to re-pay for the game. Had I had a version with just the V2 stuff on, as an "expansion pack" I would've been a buyer. As for the GC and X-Box versions, well, I don't see enough games on either console for me to have fun with. I don't want to spend over 300$ for just a game or two. Plus, with my schedule these days, I simply couldn't play the games to their full potential. The systems would rust before I can even finish one game!

Anyways..... I noticed your from Montreal. Would it be much trouble for you to send me some bagels and Decarie hot dogs?

Don't bet on it; the 401 is jammed like hell on Thursdays!

geewj
Sep 11, 2003, 04:47 PM
DC PSO ver 2 will is still ym favorite version. I play PSO for battle mostly, and it ver 2 was waaaay better than GC for battle mode.

Symbios
Sep 11, 2003, 05:40 PM
v1 is free, but way shorter. It only goes up to level 100. Of course, it being free is like diablo 2 exp.....only 99 levels with that cow level crap =/

Mystil
Sep 11, 2003, 09:02 PM
On 2003-09-11 06:43, KodiaX987 wrote:

Yea yea it's free. GC version is 8.95 a month, oh wait I'm sorry it's 18888 million point 5 a month, that's too much oops.. The DC is been dead for a long time. PSO DC has ONE server LEFT. And it was Oberon, yea I think it's time to let it DIE.

Have you ever played the DC PSO?
Character: Silhouette lv100 787 hours.
Date Online: Feb.14.01
Duration: 11 months
Connection to DC online was removed.
Enough said

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Silhouette on 2003-09-11 19:05 ]</font>

Inu_Ranma
Sep 11, 2003, 09:38 PM
I'd say that this was a prudent move by ST. Not many people are actually going to boycott them for it, as that'd be rather hard and annoying, and the people who do boycott them probably wouldn't make them money equal to the cost of maintaining the server.

Firocket1690
Sep 11, 2003, 10:21 PM
oh yeah ... one last thing ....
allow me to remind you that this is SONIC TEAM.

Even if it's a petition, what in the blue hell thinks they'll listen anyway ??
I've overspammed their mailbox back in the day, bitching about my NOL and WTF was wrong with it ...
no reply ... not even an AUTOMATED one ...

Exactly what makes you think they'll listen THIS time...?

*goes back to spamming ST for unsealing J-Sword*

jt
Sep 12, 2003, 06:39 AM
yes plz let psodc die!!! we all know it was one of the best games for dc but let it go for god sake let it go!!! let it die and have an elaborate funeral for it!!!

DC IS DEAD PSODC SHOULD DIE WITH IT

Wewt
Sep 12, 2003, 09:06 AM
Whether the game is cheap to play online or not isn't the point. The point is principle. The price to play online has risen each time, with the game not even improving that much. Whereas other games where you pay to play online, with similar pricing, have much more support from the developers. Leaving more customers pleased. I see few people actually happy with the content that Sonic Team provides. I only see people whine about it, or those that tell others to accept it, or go away to another game. Go ahead and try and argue with me here, but I've played the PSO games for many, many, many hours and this is what I have observed from its players. The Xbox version not having a complete challenge mode is just the icing on the cake.

The best version of them all, in my opinion, was V2 on the Dreamcast. Ignore the cheating, like I did, and you would've seen how great the game really was. Most people who have played since version 1 will agree with me here, at least every single person I still talk to from PSO agrees with me.

The GameCube version sucks. It's absolutely terrible! Bad launch, incredibly buggy game(it fucking crashed at RANDOM), recycling old content, lack of keyboards.. the list goes on. I did not like the GameCube version at all. To think I got a GameCube mainly for PSO makes me feel stupid.

As for the cheat code on the Dreamcast version that allowed people to enter your locked game, that code was patched up pretty quick, making that code totally ineffective. It's pretty funny to me, now that I look back on it.

On 2003-09-11 13:26, KodiaX987 wrote:
Gang logic: fill up your game. A cheater can't get in once we're four in there.

I tried to get into a full game once.. the results were pretty... scary.

Valleo
Sep 12, 2003, 09:53 AM
Fine. I guess I went about this the wrong way. We could argue about this till forever and still not come to a consensus. The point is if ST is cancelling the old servers, its because its not viable from a business standpoint, and thats all.

Iam well aware that a lot of people have good memories from the DC. I did too at first. But my strongest memories from that are of the NOLers and PKers, and of constantly being screwed out of those JP only quests, and the fact that it would take forever to get our servers patched, while the JP servers were patched immediatley. Explain to me why when we got the quests, the rares were taken out (SOB) or why I couldnt get a Hamburger mag? Anyways, to each his own.

Oh and if you wont send me some bagels I guess Ill just have to wait till I can go back home.... dammit. Mabye you could send me some Tzatziki from Arahova?

KodiaX987
Sep 12, 2003, 10:04 AM
On 2003-09-11 20:21, Firocket1690 wrote:
oh yeah ... one last thing ....
allow me to remind you that this is SONIC TEAM.

Even if it's a petition, what in the blue hell thinks they'll listen anyway ??
Nobody ever listens to a petition. There was a Petition forum here and it got deleted. The only way to make someone listen to you is to sue him. That no-listening stuff isn't Sonic Team's trademark; it Earth's trademark.

I've overspammed their mailbox back in the day, bitching about my NOL and WTF was wrong with it ...
no reply ... not even an AUTOMATED one ...

When I get hysterical bitching in my mailbox, I delete it on sight. I assume ST did the same thing. Especially if you "overspam them".

Kadavreski
Sep 13, 2003, 09:41 AM
join my team to show you care and save the dc!!!!!

*cough*
fine...