PDA

View Full Version : i need a good gba game!!!!!

Dgo
Sep 10, 2003, 10:13 AM
Has anyone here played golden sun or any other gba game that is wicked cool lol. Anyone have any suggetions on any gba game i should get cause i need something to do in my spare time.
Thanks Lots in advance............

oeagrus
Sep 10, 2003, 11:07 AM
Hi!
I can whole-heartedly recommend:
Super Monkey Ball Jr.
Tactics Ogre
Final Fantasy Tactics
Pinball of the Dead
either of the Advance Wars games

Both of the "tactics" games are absolutely superb!

Zaneatron
Sep 10, 2003, 11:12 AM
Advance wars 2 is a must, i also recommend pokemon ruby/sapphire

DarkSithCLK
Sep 10, 2003, 11:14 AM
How bout Phantasy Star Collection . Though what do you like to play . What games do you like rpgs, fighting , what what what . Do you wanna link with your friends what lol peace out for now .

HotWaterDeath
Sep 10, 2003, 11:33 AM
I second the Advance Wars series. They're some of the greatest handheld games ever created.

I would also recommend:

Super Dodgeball
Tactics Ogre (Alright so I second that as well)
FF Tactics Advance
Boktai
The Golden Sun series
Any GBA Castlevania game

I hear Atlus is bringing over a port of the classic NES River City Ransom game and re-vamping it for the GBA. River City Ransom is THE greatest game!

Dgo
Sep 10, 2003, 12:00 PM
Ok cool lol i'll try them all out but 2 things number.1 advance wars how is it what is it about?It was recommend to me before by EB personal. Number.2 now the ff tactics isn't that some hard s!@# i have seen and tried to play the ps1 ver of it, and needless to say i suxed lots an lots of ass.
Once more thanks lots in advance......

Neoluke12
Sep 10, 2003, 12:02 PM
Castlevania???????

Mr_Hero
Sep 10, 2003, 12:29 PM
Can't forget the Mega Man games.
Mega Man Battle Network (Haven't played these yet.)
Mega Man Zero
Mega Man & Bass

and soon Mega Man Zero too

Xyhthyx
Sep 10, 2003, 12:31 PM
Metroid Fusion
Yoshi's Island
Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow
Lord of the Rings: Two Towers
Zelda: A Link to the Past
Final Fantasy Tactics
Tactics Ogre

Garanz2
Sep 10, 2003, 12:36 PM
On 2003-09-10 10:00, Dgo wrote:
Ok cool lol i'll try them all out but 2 things number.1 advance wars how is it what is it about?It was recommend to me before by EB personal. Number.2 now the ff tactics isn't that some hard s!@# i have seen and tried to play the ps1 ver of it, and needless to say i suxed lots an lots of ass.
Once more thanks lots in advance......

Advance wars is basically a turn based amine style strategy game, where you take over cities, build units, typical strategy stuff.

All the units have a paper-scissors-stone kind of strength and weakness.
i.e Bombers are good against tanks which are good against AA guns which are good against bombers.

Basically, there's so much stuff to do in the game it should last you at least a few weeks (if not months). There's a campaign mode, CO's to unlock, map editor, multiplayer mode, etc. I personally recommend it. (Havent played advance wars 2 yet but its probably pretty good too)

Kemon
Sep 10, 2003, 01:39 PM
lunar legends is ok

lil_devil
Sep 10, 2003, 02:18 PM
Phantasy Star Collection is good too,I own it. It's fun,try it if ya want. I'm tired,I'm going to bed.

Allos
Sep 10, 2003, 02:45 PM
Metroid Fusion
Wario Ware (a bit short)
Either Golden Sun game
Advance Wars
Tactics Ogre or FFT (give them time)

and I heard that a new Metal Slug game was coming out for GBA.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Allos on 2003-09-10 12:45 ]</font>

Bradicus
Sep 10, 2003, 03:08 PM
TACTICS OGRE! (wont seem as good if you have played person of lordly caliber as it is not vey long)

Battle network (1 at least) was actually a fun game with a good story line. I almost died after i played the Shi-tay one for the gc.

Breath of fire 2 was a great rpg, but with little replay value.

DONT BUY ANY ARMYMAN GAMES (rule of thumb for evey system)

Like eveyone else says, advance wars rocks!

castlevania is also great.

Kent
Sep 10, 2003, 04:05 PM
I can definately recommend Final Fantasy Tactics Advance; it's got me hooked.

Firocket1690
Sep 10, 2003, 04:17 PM
Final Fantasy Tactics
Golden Sun: The Lost Age (and the original)
Megaman Battle Network (1,2,3)
Advance Wars (gonna get 2 next week!)

OR ...
you can save up another 20 bucks and get Soul Calibur 2 http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Bradicus
Sep 10, 2003, 04:49 PM
Agreed! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Dgo
Sep 10, 2003, 04:51 PM
Lol i see no one read what i said ok here it goes again......isn't the FFT game hard or it's just me. Oh and i have SCII and i have become a lvl 77 grand egdemaster already so i alittle bored with it at the moment. I've already purchest "ladys" game already for those you who played the game lol it was the first game i bought for my gba, so i guess so far my to get list goes like this FFT or OT(maybe BOF2)and then i'll have alittle war(can you name your self on that game cause i want to name my self "bush"). Then get the sun it will be kinda hard to reach because it's so high up and hot really hot lol j/k. Oh can't forget the vamp killer gotta love the whip(well i had one of these games before i can't remeber which though i got it beat it in like 1-2 an a half hours then trade it in to get hell i can't remeber. Thanks lots guys/gals but don't just stop thier i would like to know if there is any other game i should have for the gba also......

Bradicus
Sep 10, 2003, 05:21 PM
FFT is not that hard, OT has better story.
if you are just wanting to play something fun and fast, try the F Zero game that came out a couple years ago. It was grand. I HIGHLY suggest the Battle network games btw.

Kent
Sep 10, 2003, 07:57 PM
On 2003-09-10 14:51, Dgo wrote:
isn't the FFT game hard or it's just me.

Actually, Final Fantasy Tactics Advance is rather easy, even compared to Final Fantasy Tactics on PSX.

Elvendar
Sep 10, 2003, 08:01 PM
BOKTAIIIIII

Dgo
Sep 10, 2003, 08:42 PM
On 2003-09-10 18:01, Elvendar wrote:
BOKTAIIIIII

What is that about????

Elvendar
Sep 10, 2003, 08:45 PM
On 2003-09-10 18:42, Dgo wrote:

BOKTAIIIIII

What is that about????

Vampire hunting game with a built in sensor that detects sunlight (and no, you can't fool it with artificial, UV or blacklights.)

Basically, the sun gives you unlimited ammo and helps you to damage enemies, but can give you sunburn if you're out too long. Without sunlight, ammo is limited and your enemies grow stronger. It's a fun game ^.^

BurningSquall
Sep 10, 2003, 09:25 PM
try these:
Advance wars 1 and 2
golden sun and golden sun:lost age
FFTAdvance(the game is sort based on strategy)

Dgo
Sep 10, 2003, 11:33 PM
On 2003-09-10 18:45, Elvendar wrote:

On 2003-09-10 18:42, Dgo wrote:

BOKTAIIIIII

What is that about????

Vampire hunting game with a built in sensor that detects sunlight (and no, you can't fool it with artificial, UV or blacklights.)

Basically, the sun gives you unlimited ammo and helps you to damage enemies, but can give you sunburn if you're out too long. Without sunlight, ammo is limited and your enemies grow stronger. It's a fun game ^.^

Whoa ! now thats sounds wicked cool crap heres hell i gonna need about 150 bucks to get all these, but wait my b day is next month in the words of duff man OH YEAH!!! (does duff dance). Time to hit my peeps up for some cash or just make a wishlist(not really a wishlist more like i write it down and you go buy it).

Reenee
Sep 10, 2003, 11:41 PM
In response to Allos' post:

WARIO WARE IS SHORT!? HELL NO!

It's like this: there's like 300 mini-games in there, and while you can memorize how they work, they'll never, ever be played the same way when you encounter them (well, except a few...I think "Boss" stages go in here). And it's also a very funny game. You just want to lose to see what happens. Audio is kick-ass too.

Might I recommend Super Mario Bros. 3: Super Mario Advance 4 when it comes out?

Slipknot_666
Sep 11, 2003, 12:21 PM
Final Figth one
Street Fighter alpha 3
and KoF neo blood

Kadavreski
Sep 11, 2003, 12:37 PM
On 2003-09-10 21:41, Reenee wrote:
In response to Allos' post:

WARIO WARE IS SHORT!? HELL NO!

It's like this: there's like 300 mini-games in there, and while you can memorize how they work, they'll never, ever be played the same way when you encounter them (well, except a few...I think "Boss" stages go in here). And it's also a very funny game. You just want to lose to see what happens. Audio is kick-ass too.

Might I recommend Super Mario Bros. 3: Super Mario Advance 4 when it comes out?

i agrree.

AngelofVNVNation
Sep 12, 2003, 01:33 AM
I know Castlevania:Aria of Sorrow was mentioned, but has it seems that Castlevania: Circle of the Moon has been left out. the graphics were great for being one of the first GBA games and the music was the best of the three GBA Castlevanias(IMO anyways) and the DSS system was great. Difficulty may be a bit much for the newer generation of gamers, but if you want some good old-school style action with a twist to it DGO, then I'd definitly suggest you go out an find a copy of C.O.T.M., you won't regret it.
Ronin out.

Dgo
Sep 12, 2003, 03:30 AM
OK cool i'll get that next c.o.t.m (adds it to his to get list)thanks.

Xyhthyx
Sep 12, 2003, 09:04 AM
I definately should mention about looiking forwar to Sword of Mana, it's looking good.

cheatachu72
Sep 12, 2003, 03:53 PM
I highly reccomend the Battle Network games, even though I've only played 3 Blue. The Mario games are great too.