PDA

View Full Version : PK : Homophobia in PSO ?

N21
Mar 29, 2001, 08:12 AM
Two days ago, I joined one of my friends on a European server. The guy was gay. Who cares ? As if it was provocation of some
sort, he named the team he played "French ".

We started playing, and while back in P2 just after defeating the Dragon in the Forest zone, I told him and someone else who'd joined by the time, about PK. I didn't know what PK
was like, but I'd visited the site before, and numerous threads were about it. Player Kill. That sucks. Anyway. I told them about
it. "How can one get killed ? How can someone do so ? What's the point in doing so ?" Questions...

So well, we kept on playing. Caves. I was a bit worried, cos each time someone new entered, since our team game was not
password protected, I kept on unequipping my weapon... especially when the new player joining us was on Level 80+... Since we were
in normal mode (I've just restarted since my previous save got corrupted, by the way, do not use the Datel 8x cards on the European official colored Dreamcast controllers... I don't recommend that - But i'm getting lost here)

Until somone with the name of "Onslaught" came in. Mind you, the nickname suited him quite well. Level 100. I unequipped my weapon. The two other teammates were still beating up some Pal Sharks, and the guy asked : "Who's gay ? Where are you ?"

He quickly arrived, due to a pipe near us.I just had time to see him a quick second. I got PK, but the others in the room next to me got PKed as fast as I did.

Onslaught sweared something among the lines of "Next time you'll know what to do when naming your team" or something.

He left. We stayed there a few minutes. The guys wondered what happened. I told them, well, that's PK. First time PKed. And that
sucks. But luckily, I still had my weapon. A guy like that wouldn't need it anyway. One of my teammates lost one of his weapons.

I went back to P2, then went back to the Caves to revive them. Then we left. Because we didn't feel like playing much after, and
it was late. Back in the lobby, I told people I got PKed. With a few details about the fact there's a bug in the caves.

It seems very fashionable in USA, but in Europe it's not well known at all. Unless from PSO fans.

Awwww. That sucks. Now who cares ? I had a feeling this guy was not here to have fun playing with us. I unequipped. Phew.

Now, I still just play in unprotected games cos you get the opportunity to meet new people, but I unequip each time. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_eek.gif(

Anyway, thought I could relate you about this.

Have fun. I'll have my PSO ver.2 imported from America for sure, since Sega Europe are sh*t. They're cutting off all online options
from forthcoming games (Outtriger, 18 Wheeler...)

See ya !!

N21
Dreamcast lives on.