PDA

View Full Version : a paradox, or just plain stupidity?

ilr2000
Sep 10, 2003, 11:59 AM
From all the guides and message boards I've been to, pretty much all of them agree on the fact that no one knows for sure on how to unseal the J-sword. Since the one true method of doing this is unknown, then is it safe to assume that every single unsealed J-sword in the game is a dupe or hack?

A J-sword is more common than a saber in normal forest, yet no one knows how to unseal it. Anyone else find this a tad impossible?

edit- by the way.. I did see that nice little sticky about polls. If all your going to do is replay by saying there's a post about polls then don't bother! I think this is worthy discussion since it revolves around the most powerful sword in the game. thankyouverymuch

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ilr2000 on 2003-09-10 10:03 ]</font>

Rownan
Sep 10, 2003, 12:07 PM
I tend to agree with the thinking that the sealed J sword will be unsealable in a future quest.

VioletSkye
Sep 10, 2003, 12:14 PM
I would say its a safe bet that they are all dupes.

arrggg, note to self...spellcheck

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2003-09-10 10:15 ]</font>

ilr2000
Sep 10, 2003, 12:26 PM
I guess the J-swords really are very hard to find. Because I've never seen a sealed J-sword. I know if I found a sealed J-sword I would be using it as much as possible in hopes I get lucky with the unsealing. But I've never seen a single one since my second day on DC v2.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ilr2000 on 2003-09-10 10:26 ]</font>

Guntz348
Sep 10, 2003, 12:38 PM
They are all hacked out of the game since it does exist in the game, you can hack it out. Then it was just mass duped a thousand times over and spread across the network. I'm rather surprised it's not banned like it is on the DC. The only way to unseal it on DC was with an unreleased quest, which is why it was banned. I don't understand why ST doesn't just ban it since there is no way to unseal with out the quest, which isn't out. That would make them all illegal weapons and it is totally possible for ST to just ban that one weapon.

The_Hero_Of_Time
Sep 10, 2003, 02:34 PM
I heard there is a way to unseal it, not said on this board yet, im not gonna say it yet, cause im unsure of it yet. yes I have read the huge post on the sword, and the theory that I heard wasnt in there, Plus there have been some confirmations on this also, so it is quite a possibility. Maybe they took the quest out on online and put it in another quest(hint hint)....

SpyroDi
Sep 10, 2003, 03:09 PM
You're not going to say it?

It hints to people that you lie about such a theory.

Ketchup345
Sep 10, 2003, 03:26 PM
Umm, Hero of Time/Winds, your sig is <sarcasm>slightly over size.</sarcasm>

The_Hero_Of_Time
Sep 10, 2003, 03:29 PM
On 2003-09-10 13:09, SpyroDi wrote:
You're not going to say it?

It hints to people that you lie about such a theory.

I said not yet, untill I try it, Why have a bunch of people waste their time if only one person can waste thier time trying it out. IF IT DOES WORK, I WILL TELL YOU PEOPLE HOW TO DO IT....But I doubt it will work. Even if it does whay would it matter, if you have one everyone will jsut say its a duped one, and when you try to fight back they wont listen.

The_Hero_Of_Time
Sep 10, 2003, 03:33 PM
On 2003-09-10 13:26, Ketchup345 wrote:
Umm, Hero of Time/Winds, your sig is <sarcasm>slightly over size.</sarcasm>

I measured it next to pixelates sig(casue it was big) and mine is smaller. Maybe the words under it make it bigger...if so ill take em out.

Bit
Sep 10, 2003, 03:36 PM
Yeah, Added up they go above the limit. It's best to take it out. One less sig I'd have to report.

darthsaber9x9
Sep 10, 2003, 04:03 PM
lol. i think that for the humour of the community you could ignore it eh? lol

neo9376
Sep 10, 2003, 04:08 PM
I like that sig the way it is. Also sorry to go off topic but on newgrounds.com if you've played combat instinct my friend made it. Ok back on topic there was a post in the huge thread from janitorbob that said he unsealed it during battle mode accedently he's still trying to validate it though

ilr2000
Sep 11, 2003, 02:03 PM
Ok so right now it's impossible to unseal it, but the sealed J-sword is possible to find? This site says the seaside mini boss drops it for skyly, and even sealed its a pretty good sword, yet I've never once seen a sealed J-sword. And this site doesn't even have pics of a sealed j-sword outside of DC. All of this is making me think an actual J-sword has never really been found.

The_Hero_Of_Time
Sep 11, 2003, 02:14 PM
On 2003-09-11 12:03, ilr2000 wrote:
Ok so right now it's impossible to unseal it, but the sealed J-sword is possible to find? This site says the seaside mini boss drops it for skyly, and even sealed its a pretty good sword, yet I've never once seen a sealed J-sword. And this site doesn't even have pics of a sealed j-sword outside of DC. All of this is making me think an actual J-sword has never really been found.

No its been found, I have one. I know its duped cause of the %s but I know people who are hardcore legits and have one so....I know its real.

ilr2000
Sep 11, 2003, 02:40 PM
On 2003-09-11 12:14, The_Hero_Of_Time wrote:
No its been found, I have one. I know its duped cause of the %s but I know people who are hardcore legits and have one so....I know its real.

So I guess the title "first person to find the J-sword" has been taken? Oh well...

Zarana
Sep 11, 2003, 03:22 PM
I'm sure it can be unsealed. Otherwise, explain the -35% Dark one on JP v1.0. And explain why we know that percents invert when it's unsealed in the first place.

Anyway, my theory for how the J-Sword is unsealed is a simple one. There is no concrete or easy way to do it, it's going to take months of hard work to unseal a J-Sword. Here, let me explain.

In my opinion (yes, opinion, don't go crazy now) the J-Sword, for each enemy kill, has a ridiculously slim chance of unsealing. One in, say, a hundred thousand as a rough estimate. It's got to be extremely hard to do, otherwise it wouldn't be a 12 star item now would it? Every other 12 star weapon in the game is insanely difficult to assemble, so why would the J-Sword be any different? The best guess anyone can take is that it's completely random. For you see, it explains so much.

1. It's the foundation of all the rumors that enemies need to be killed for it. Those had to come from somewhere.

2. It's the reason why no reliable, tried and true method has surfaced for unsealing it yet.

3. It offers an explanation the hacker theorists can't for why the obviously unhacked -35% Dark Tsumikiri J-Sword existed as a counterpart to the 35% Dark Sealed J-Sword on v1.0.

I personally think that the act of unsealing a J-Sword is more difficult than actually finding it in the first place. Only when hundreds of people were using a Sealed J-Sword for a month on v1.0 did one ever unseal. It's a task worthy of taking someone most of the way to L:200 to accomplish, not a prize to scoff at and assume that a mere 2300 kills will win.

However, I'm willing to admit that the current Tsumikiri J-Sword is a hack, but once apon a time there was a real one. Gone forgotten in the pages of v1.0 lore...

Spoink018
Sep 11, 2003, 03:26 PM
you spelled stupidity wrong

ilr2000
Sep 13, 2003, 09:31 PM
On 2003-09-11 13:22, Zarana wrote:
I'm sure it can be unsealed. Otherwise, explain the -35% Dark one on JP v1.0. And explain why we know that percents invert when it's unsealed in the first place.

Anyway, my theory for how the J-Sword is unsealed is a simple one. There is no concrete or easy way to do it, it's going to take months of hard work to unseal a J-Sword. Here, let me explain.

In my opinion (yes, opinion, don't go crazy now) the J-Sword, for each enemy kill, has a ridiculously slim chance of unsealing. One in, say, a hundred thousand as a rough estimate. It's got to be extremely hard to do, otherwise it wouldn't be a 12 star item now would it? Every other 12 star weapon in the game is insanely difficult to assemble, so why would the J-Sword be any different? The best guess anyone can take is that it's completely random. For you see, it explains so much.

1. It's the foundation of all the rumors that enemies need to be killed for it. Those had to come from somewhere.

2. It's the reason why no reliable, tried and true method has surfaced for unsealing it yet.

3. It offers an explanation the hacker theorists can't for why the obviously unhacked -35% Dark Tsumikiri J-Sword existed as a counterpart to the 35% Dark Sealed J-Sword on v1.0.

I personally think that the act of unsealing a J-Sword is more difficult than actually finding it in the first place. Only when hundreds of people were using a Sealed J-Sword for a month on v1.0 did one ever unseal. It's a task worthy of taking someone most of the way to L:200 to accomplish, not a prize to scoff at and assume that a mere 2300 kills will win.

However, I'm willing to admit that the current Tsumikiri J-Sword is a hack, but once apon a time there was a real one. Gone forgotten in the pages of v1.0 lore...

This is the kind of thing that makes me think that no one except for a handful of crazy people in Japan has found a sealed J-sword. If legit sealed J-swords were popin up here and there, there WOULD be a confirmed "yeah-this-is-how-you-do-it" method that no one would debate or have opions about because it would be, without a shread of doubt, the real deal.

It's like the Black King Bar, for example. If someone made a thread saying "OMG I THINK MKB TURNS INTO BKB WHEN YOU KILL 7000000 ENEMIES WITH IT" he would be scoffed at and the thread would be locked. Its practically common knowledge that the blue black stone turns the MKB into a BKB. Why? Because there are legit BKBs out there (I've found an mkb myself) and it's in the damn BKB's item description. If the sealed J-sword was found once and a while this thread wouldn't even exist.

All I'm saying is that I wont believe a sinlge J-sword I see is legit until the day I find one msyelf.

TheAlmightyNewbie
Sep 13, 2003, 09:40 PM
On 2003-09-11 13:22, Zarana wrote:

Hmmmm... interesting theory. Makes a lot more sense than other stuff I've read. Perhaps janitorbob just happened to get that one special kill while in Battle Mode? or maybe its only unsealable there, since nothing there saves anyway... @_@

ShadowChao
Sep 14, 2003, 11:30 AM
Well that's pretty ignorant, ilr2000.
I mean, yes, all the Tsumikiri J-Swords are hacks, this is generally agreed upon and common knowledge. However, many people here have Sealed J-Swords, otherwise why would they care how to unseal it legitly?
Besides, Gi Gue drops it for Ult Skyly, it just takes a long time since it's so rare. Go on, make many many Seaside runs.

LoreSeeker
Sep 14, 2003, 04:09 PM
I've heard a lot of interesting theories about how to unseal the J-Sword, but the random chance one takes the cake as the best possibility.