PDA

View Full Version : Cheaters and Legits

DaremoX
Sep 10, 2003, 01:36 PM
It amazes me that people get so bent out of shape about cheaters, or legits.

one group likes to get more out of the game experience, and most cheaters arent out to hurt others. one group likes to get the most out of their game experience also. hmmmm

truck or car.... follow me down the road a bit further.

now people whom nol, fsod etc. they arent cheaters they are just @$$holes, but you have that in life. kinda like the anti cheaters cheaters that want to corrupt the cheaters data (sounds simular).

i have played both ends before and was a mad cheater on the dc, but on the gc and xbox i just dupe thats it. and i give out alot of them too!

i guess what i am saying is...
that we all play the game for fun, but sadly when we start to turn to inner fighting amongst the ones that could other wise have a great day gaming, it is sad. but SEGRIGATION IS THE WAY OF HUMANS! pick a color we will fight to opress it, pick a race we will kill it or thin it out a tad, heck pick a country that would have shared it's lands and we will take it all over to ourselfs and basically inslave the people into our ways of living. and one last thought, if a cheater cant force you to take the rare, etc. then how does it really hurt you. oh darn i see 3 bkb and 3 humars, hmmm me i laugh.

stop the ignorance and focus on more important things like having fun with the game! i have played with legits and with cheaters, and i have had some great laughs, and caused a few myself (albiet my humor is very dry) (whos your daddy biotch?!?!?!)

thanks for my five seconds of blathering.

D

The_Hero_Of_Time
Sep 10, 2003, 02:31 PM
Dude, we should be friends, cause I think the exact damn way, people need to quit bitching and play the game. no side is gonna listen to the other sides arguement and change their ways. I have been saying its just a game for the last few months and people still bitch and moan about each other. I see it as, I am paying to play a game, Im gonna play the game the way I wnat to play it.

DaremoX
Sep 10, 2003, 02:41 PM
basically lets play and have fun you know!

anytime you wish to run with me let me know. ill be on in a few and tonight. feel free to pm me.

but watch out this may get moved to the player match up or general .... they love to do that don't they lol.

Deldemon
Sep 10, 2003, 07:07 PM
I agree with both of you. PSO is just for fun. Why would someone argue about cheaters? That is the way they have fun in PSO. What authority do some people think they have to critisize the way some people play? Cheaters or legit? Who gives a damn?

Dhylec
Sep 10, 2003, 08:12 PM
heh some ppl like to take sides
i like neutral so i co-exist somehow.. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
i play w/dupers & legits alike.. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

bordering
Sep 11, 2003, 01:12 AM
one thing i've discovered? is thati just don't like playing with CASUAL PLAYERS. i think that a FAR larger percentage of dupies are casual players vs. a smaller number of legits who fit the bill. why? 'cause using dupes is easier; you don't have to invest the time into learning how to play the game right with all of its subtle intricacies. especially when someone's been entirely raised on dupes. that totally wrecks a player.

now, this isn't to say that i don't know dupe users/dupers who are great, capeable players. i do. some of my best friends have used even the uber dupes/hacks. i know this one HUmar who's just stunning as a player, the guy must use his resta more than most FOs do.

but, still... as a legit, i always prefer to play with other legits if possible (who aren't new to the game and who know what they're doing, in any case). why? just 'cause there's more camraderie when you're all facing the same hardships of actually having to find stuff yourself. and you can trade/share items (a large part of how the game was meant to be played) amounst each other without compromising your legitness.

VioletSkye
Sep 11, 2003, 12:57 PM
On 2003-09-10 23:12, bordering wrote:
one thing i've discovered? is thati just don't like playing with CASUAL PLAYERS. i think that a FAR larger percentage of dupies are casual players vs. a smaller number of legits who fit the bill. why? 'cause using dupes is easier; you don't have to invest the time into learning how to play the game right with all of its subtle intricacies. especially when someone's been entirely raised on dupes. that totally wrecks a player.

now, this isn't to say that i don't know dupe users/dupers who are great, capeable players. i do. some of my best friends have used even the uber dupes/hacks. i know this one HUmar who's just stunning as a player, the guy must use his resta more than most FOs do.

but, still... as a legit, i always prefer to play with other legits if possible (who aren't new to the game and who know what they're doing, in any case). why? just 'cause there's more camraderie when you're all facing the same hardships of actually having to find stuff yourself. and you can trade/share items (a large part of how the game was meant to be played) amounst each other without compromising your legitness.

I think you hit on a fundamental element in terms of the way different people play. As you stated, you enjoy the teamwork aspect of it, wherein everyone works as a closeknit unit to achieve a common goal. That in and of itself sheds a lot of light on the attitude and point of view of those who play legit. Its obvious that attitude was in the minds of ST as they developed the game. However in contrast to that ideology, it would be nice if those players could understand that there is another breed of player as well. Those who don't particularly enjoy working as a team and possibly don't have the time or patience to go through the game totally legit. I can only speak for myself, but I can tell you that I definitely prefer playing alone. I'm not a shy person by any means, but I'm also not what you would call a "team player". Throughout my life, I have usually accomplished goals on my own, relying only on myself. I have many friends both in the real world and online so I'm not a social recluse LOL, but I enjoy my independence. That personality trait is evident in my style of play as well. I don't go online to socialize, so that element is unimportant to me. I started off my PSO career playing legit and got to level 125 or so ( I really don't remember exactly) before ever going online. The gameplay was compelling enough to get me hooked for awhile, but eventually I did get bored with it and simply wanted to see everything that I could. I did not want to spend so much time going after items just to see what they looked like and how they handled. As I have stated in other posts, there are too many other things I would rather be doing then piping for rares, so duping has allowed me to amass a descent sized library of items that I was able to mess around with. Indeed, there are some very talented and skilled players out there. Although I wouldn't count myself among the elite players, I at least know how to handle a char online on the rare occassions that I do play with others. This topic of legit vs. cheater will not doubt be around as long as there are people playing so really nothing any of us writes will change any of that. But, in that I can at least understand a legits point of view, it would be nice to have the same courtesy extended to those who do not play legit. Realize that not everyone wants to play as a team or is even interested in the team and/or social aspect of the game. For some (myself included) it's simply a fun little diversion to spend some time on. There is the reality that cheaters, generally, have the greater potential to ruin other games for people. But as it has been stated numerous times, there are things a person can do to try and avoid those conflicts.

The_Hero_Of_Time
Sep 11, 2003, 02:10 PM
Its not the weapon that you use, it how you use it.

ilr2000
Sep 11, 2003, 05:25 PM
(in response to the original post)

Yeah, cheaters and legits are exactly the same, they both want to get the most out of their gaming experience. The only difference is their philosophy about it. But the problem with that is that in order for a cheater to live out their gaming utopia, they must do the one thing that keeps legits from living out their gaming utopia. And it works visa verson, since a legit player is keeping cheaters from living out their utopia. The only variable that sways this in favor of the cheaters is that it's impossible for a legit player to force a cheater to stop cheating, and a cheater ruins a legit game simply by doing what they do.

So the door swings both ways in a sense, but legit players are still the ones with the disatvantage.

Saiffy
Sep 11, 2003, 07:27 PM
you're right we should all learn to love one another.

except for Anti hes creepy

Hellsing-r4
Sep 11, 2003, 07:36 PM
There is no such thing as a legit.

There is no such thing as a cheater.

It's a video game..people will play the way they want.

jt
Sep 11, 2003, 07:45 PM
it seems only cheaters say thta we should all get along and that we should all the play the game how we want to play. Image this situation. Legits became the strongest on PSO and ST decided to give us legits special weps adn items to make us the strongest. Cheaters dwindled down in numbers but 20% of the population are now cheaters, still using tha BKB and the TJ.

So you dont like playing legits cause tehy kill everything to fast, and all their stuff is found and they invested their time in finding it. So you prefer to play with other cheaters but you have no choice if you want to play but to no other than play with uber legits.

wat would u do

Hellsing-r4
Sep 11, 2003, 07:56 PM
Wow..jt..you're really fucking stupid you know that?

VioletSkye
Sep 11, 2003, 08:02 PM
On 2003-09-11 17:45, jt wrote:
it seems only cheaters say thta we should all get along and that we should all the play the game how we want to play. Image this situation. Legits became the strongest on PSO and ST decided to give us legits special weps adn items to make us the strongest. Cheaters dwindled down in numbers but 20% of the population are now cheaters, still using tha BKB and the TJ.

So you dont like playing legits cause tehy kill everything to fast, and all their stuff is found and they invested their time in finding it. So you prefer to play with other cheaters but you have no choice if you want to play but to no other than play with uber legits.

wat would u do

I disagree, I've seen posts by legit players claiming that we should all get along also. Most likely nothing will ever be done to curb the exploits, so if you want to play online in open games then you have no choice whatsoever but to accept the fact that people will cheat. And from my own personal experience, it indeed seems as though the majority of players cheat to some degree. The reason so many cheaters say lets just get along is because they understand that there really isn't anything you can do to stop it. It it one sided in that obviously a legit joing a game is not really going to ruin the experience for a cheater (unless for example, the legit was a higher level and was able to kill everything before a duper got a chance to) but thats not what generally happens. What happens more often is (as we all already know) that some maxed out char with level 30 techs and uber rares enters the game and dominates. It sucks and its not cool to do, but think about it, what can you really do about it. You can swear at them and ask them to leave, but there is no way to boot them from your game, so you either deal with it or you leave and make a new game, possibly passworded.

Wufei
Sep 11, 2003, 08:42 PM
My main problem with cheaters is that almost all of them are newbies who are too lazy to earn anything themselves. I earned all of my stuff, and I can be proud of it. Can you be proud of that J-Sword? No, because someone gave it to you like it was candy. Or better yet, they fooled you into trading something that you actually worked for.

I don't think it's true that cheaters merely ruin the gaming experience for legitimate players. Nobody, even other cheaters, likes it when some hogs the experience with their overpowered hacked/duped item.

If you're a cheater and you don't think you fall into the above categories, congratulations, you are one of the few who don't. I'm just sick of the J-Sword punks who don't have anything that they themselves worked for.

VioletSkye
Sep 11, 2003, 09:02 PM
But try to understand that for some, finding a little weapon on a videogame isn't that great of a source of pride. I think we have all done things in our lives that we are proud of and also things that we are ashamed of. But spending so much time to get a little trinket from a videogame doesn't quite qualify (at least in my view) as anything extra special. There are too many things in this world that truly matter. look at all the unrest throughout the world, not just in Iraq, but all over. People living in fear of being killed at any time and losing people they care about. I know its hard to remember that, when generally speaking, we live much more sheltered lives. But there are some wonderful people out there doing some great things for humanity, and that seems to me to be something to truly be proud of. Suppose I wasted 2 months piping for an uber rare with a legit char. Am I going to be excited? Of course, but its nothing I would expect other people to applaud. And in that time, I could have done alot of other far more productive things with my time. Don't treat this game like its a way of life, its not. Its a simple pasttime and nothing more. People need to quit bringing real life values into arguments here. As I watch the coverage of the 9/11 attacks, I remember what things are truly important and finding a legit sealed J sword just doesn't make the list.

Dunedain
Sep 11, 2003, 11:37 PM
Brilliantly said. My thoughts on this issue pretty much coincide. I mean come on, why get so worked up on a videogame? Sure, some people can be annoying at times. But it is still a videogame - not reality. Play how you like, don't dictate others, and don't think less of a person just because of a way they play. That's my take on the whole issue. Yea, you can be legit. I'm cool with that. Just don't diss out dupers / even hackers as an actual person, because that just isn't right.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dunedain on 2003-09-11 21:38 ]</font>

jt
Sep 12, 2003, 06:04 AM
why do we get so pissed about a video game? because we bought the game,the system,the controller, the xbox (or gamecube), the xbox live subscription and why? just to get owned in every game by some kid who got an item just by begging in the lobby, or by some punk who thinks he is badass wit his TJ/BKB/DC (double cannon) and decides to own everything. so why not get worked up about "a videogame"

thats valuable money gone down the drain. its not really fun playin wit cheaters. maybe cheaters should play legit sometimes and find out wat we legits complain about. yeah thats a good idea. how bout some of u cheaters play legit and go play with 3 other cheaters and see how good u do... i guarantee that ull be runnin back up to the bank just to get ur lil hacked or duped items

and no im not fucking stupid maybe u just didnt understand the post. and u didnt even post a reason why im stupid lol, post a reason and then ill take u serioulsy(spelling)

btw i didnt come in here to start a flame war, just to voice my opinion and if u think im stupid send me a pm not post it

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: jt on 2003-09-12 04:05 ]</font>

and yes u can have pride in a video game *if it is video game related* because thats wat the game is. a game to be a fantasy world where u act like u would in real life.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: jt on 2003-09-12 04:08 ]</font>

Hellsing-r4
Sep 12, 2003, 07:30 AM
Sounds like an ego issue to me. I have tons of "hacked" characters but I enjoy playing challenge mode.

WOAH I'M REALLY RUINING THE GAME FOR YOU AREN'T I??

pancakebunny
Sep 12, 2003, 07:35 AM
On 2003-09-12 05:30, Hellsing-r4 wrote:
Sounds like an ego issue to me. I have tons of "hacked" characters but I enjoy playing challenge mode.

uhh...yeah....you are....

jt
Sep 12, 2003, 07:36 AM
lol u are ruining it arent you?

Hellsing-r4
Sep 12, 2003, 07:48 AM
On 2003-09-12 05:35, pancakebunny wrote:

How?

jt
Sep 12, 2003, 08:11 AM
i thought u knew since u said u were... dont make pointless posts if u dont have anything to say

pancakebunny
Sep 12, 2003, 08:42 AM
On 2003-09-12 05:48, Hellsing-r4 wrote:

How?

i enjoy playing challenge mode too....but that doesnt mean i dont play battle..or normal mode...im pretty sure you play those other modes too...and you probably used your hacked up weapons...and that my friend is ruining the game for meh

CivX
Sep 12, 2003, 10:01 AM
On 2003-09-12 06:42, pancakebunny wrote:

On 2003-09-12 05:48, Hellsing-r4 wrote:

How?

i enjoy playing challenge mode too....but that doesnt mean i dont play battle..or normal mode...im pretty sure you play those other modes too...and you probably used your hacked up weapons...and that my friend is ruining the game for meh

And this affects you how? If I am in a legit game I'll back off and heal and if they are having trouble I'll finish the monster off for them.

Soja-Soulcrusher
Sep 12, 2003, 01:59 PM
It's really more a matter of style, people.

I was pretty much a cheat until last night when I sold my Tsumikiri, my BKBs, and my Double Cannon. It was getting pretty boring to destroy everything in one hit and have no challenge in the game. It blurred my sense of teamwork, even. I found myself rushing ahead of others to get EXP and not using support tactics like Jellen and Zalure.

But no more.

I went full legit last night, crowning myself Pioneer 2's first support HUmar.

I can have fun with dupes and with legits alike. It's all a matter of attitude, really. I'd rather play with an honest, considerate dupe who doesn't hoard EXP to an arrogant, complainant legit... and vice-versa. Comraderie is one of the most important aspects of this game, I found. A sense of comraderie comes about you easiest when you're legitimate in all you do. I'm rather proud to say that my level 200 Rati, although it is not the strongest, is the very first Mag I started with. How many of YOU can say that, that you've taken your Mag from 1 to 200? [EDIT: I just remembered that all Mags start at level 5. So, it's from '5 to 200'.] ^_^

Hate the ones who bellyache about either side, not the entire side in general. I don't like a dupe or cheat AT ALL when he/she comes into one of my normal games and starts hoarding. What they do is up to them; cheaters only cheat themselves because they grow bored with a game when they see it all in a few hours.

Suchly, THEIR money is wasted when the game loses its replay value. But, that is their choice. I just live and let live to a point.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Soja-Soulcrusher on 2003-09-12 12:02 ]</font>

CivX
Sep 12, 2003, 07:45 PM
On 2003-09-12 11:59, Soja-Soulcrusher wrote:

Suchly, THEIR money is wasted when the game loses its replay value. But, that is their choice. I just live and let live to a point.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Soja-Soulcrusher on 2003-09-12 12:02 ]</font>

Hm, this is an opinion. I was about to stop playing the game completely after I beat it and cheating gave me MORE replay value.

jt
Sep 13, 2003, 11:39 AM
uh yeah u mustve sucked as a legit then 8-/

my nidra was my first mag and i raised him from level 5. i can say that, yes because im legit no doubt about it. and yes u have seen that when ur legit u tend to rely on others more which makes them and you better becuase u now know that "you are not the only herO". cheaters dont use this "skill" instead they just run ahead (as the other guy has already stated) and kill everything tryin to level up, but level up for what??? is there a point to why you want to level? you're still goin to have that same stupid TJ or BKB or DC... i just dont get it thats all..

Corey
Sep 13, 2003, 12:10 PM
On 2003-09-11 17:27, Saiffwin wrote:
you're right we should all learn to love one another.

except for Anti hes creepy

Oh,and dun forget about Bruce Lee.Heh...
Anyway,back on topic,Here's why I am on the legit
side(most of it,anyway).
Because all the players who dupe.multi quip'/etc etc
act like they are complete and total gods,and when
you die,get hit,make a mistake,hit something themselves,they go LoL,lol,LOL,lololol or ***LoL***(the japanese one).That just reeeeally gets aggrivating.Plus,most Illligets who where raised up
on dupes can't share,reealy make your cmode times
bad,or act very rude.Now,there are some legits who do that,but If I compare the numbers,the illegits
kick out the legits in the category of "n00b" (not newb).Then Anti and Bruce Lee...and the racism,well,I'm pretty sick of that...
There's my thoughts about this.

EDIT:I didnt read most posts so forget any reapeats I put in...meh...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Corey on 2003-09-13 10:13 ]</font>

CivX
Sep 13, 2003, 01:23 PM
Wow, jt and the guy above me make me REALLY hate "legits".

Symbios
Sep 13, 2003, 04:41 PM
On 2003-09-13 11:23, CivX wrote:

legits are cool, but its really hard to stay legit. So I think they have some good points.

CivX
Sep 13, 2003, 05:14 PM
On 2003-09-13 14:41, Symbios wrote:

legits are cool, but its really hard to stay legit. So I think they have some good points.

Cheaters are cool too.

Reaper_090
Sep 13, 2003, 05:36 PM
i don't quite understand why "cheaters" become "cheaters" in the first place...
possibilities :

To show off
They can't play the game normally
They lack any skill to find rares for themselves

I can see ONE reason that is acceptable :

Bored of the game and want to get the most play value out of it

I really still don't understand, i mean why can't you play the game normally?

CivX
Sep 13, 2003, 05:40 PM
On 2003-09-13 15:36, Reaper_090 wrote:
possibilities :

To show off

It doesn't take skill to find rares. I don't have time to do 100000 forest runs to find some pathetic weapon.

I've played the game normally and found it repetitive.

And legits like showing off their "legit" weapons, so it's even http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

PABLOparavida
Sep 14, 2003, 02:32 PM
You're so right.

Reaper_090
Sep 14, 2003, 03:33 PM
Yea, It's one thing to show off something you've earned and that your proud of. Its a completely different thing to hack/dupe them then do it.

It doesn't take skill to find rares. I don't have time to do 100000 forest runs to find some pathetic weapon.

And legits like showing off their "legit" weapons, so it's even

So wtf do you DO in the game? To me finding rares is exciting and rewarding. Do you just kill shit?? TO me, thats what is repetitive and boring...

silforty
Sep 14, 2003, 04:09 PM
Another reason cheaters become cheaters is that they got one too many FSODs and losing their weapons due to crappy servers like me

Symbios
Sep 14, 2003, 04:17 PM
On 2003-09-14 13:33, Reaper_090 wrote:
Yea, It's one thing to show off something you've earned and that your proud of. Its a completely different thing to hack/dupe them then do it.

So wtf do you DO in the game? To me finding rares is exciting and rewarding. Do you just kill shit?? TO me, thats what is repetitive and boring...

I dup, I justy like leveling.
But what i do more is probably chatting during play. As long as there isnt any idiots in the game, chatting can make the game better.

CivX
Sep 14, 2003, 04:43 PM
On 2003-09-14 13:33, Reaper_090 wrote:

And what do you think you do finding rares? You kill things.

silforty
Sep 14, 2003, 06:09 PM
LOL Reapers got complex or something respond like a normal person not like a barbarian

jt
Sep 14, 2003, 07:48 PM

lol we hate legits omg.......................... we are for legits u idiotic fool. just edit ur post or sumthin so u wont sound so dumb

jt
Sep 14, 2003, 07:57 PM
On 2003-09-13 15:40, CivX wrote:

On 2003-09-13 15:36, Reaper_090 wrote:
possibilities :

To show off

And legits like showing off their "legit" weapons, so it's even http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

of course we show off our weapons because half of the weapons we have alot of people havent even seen, such as a Plantain Leaf... i have good stuff to be legit and to be a force.

i bet that u didnt know that the Club of Laconium is useful. hardly anyone knows that.

i can show off a gallery of weapons, still gotta add my sting tip to that... 8-(

and actually it does take some degree of skill to find rare items, and one of them is knowledge and patience. thats about all the skill

pancakebunny
Sep 16, 2003, 07:54 AM
whoa whoa whoa now.....ok, cheaters suck.....suck suck suck.....i am finished...you may continue...

CivX
Sep 16, 2003, 08:18 AM
I really hate legits, because this is the same attitude you all seemto have. You're whiny little babies because you have to have big egos about a fucking VIDEO GAME.

jt
Sep 16, 2003, 08:21 AM
that really wasn't needed flapjackbunny...

and yes finding rares does involve killing things, but we actually have a purpose on what level we are at...

cheaters play the same levels over and over and over and over and over just to get to a higher level, so they can kill stronger monsters over and over and over and over and over

sounds kinda repitive... if u wanna talk to people go on a chatroom on ur computer... killing monsters is fun but after a while of just killing monsters with the same weapons from level 20 get repetitive?

sealed j-sword just looks better to me

all about how ur characte rlooks now..

pancakebunny
Sep 16, 2003, 08:28 AM
On 2003-09-16 06:18, CivX wrote:
I really hate legits, because this is the same attitude you all seemto have. You're whiny little babies because you have to have big egos about a fucking VIDEO GAME.

whoa now...you seem a little touchy....calm down big fella...i cant help it if you suck at the game and have to cheat....you have to deal with you suckiness...

jt
Sep 16, 2003, 08:36 AM
that guy Civx is nuts anyway, he'll call u stupid but give u know reason why u are stipid...
Civx u must dwell in ur cheater community of nOObs

CivX
Sep 16, 2003, 08:38 AM
The irony of your two posts is more than enough for me.

BonusKun
Sep 16, 2003, 09:12 AM
whoa now...you seem a little touchy....calm down big fella...i cant help it if you suck at the game and have to cheat....you have to deal with you suckiness...

heh I've cheated at PSO and I don't suck at it playing as legit either.

Anyways my 2 cents?

.......................who gibs a shyt how other people play?

Guntz348
Sep 16, 2003, 10:15 AM
That's enough to seal up another one.