PDA

View Full Version : section ID influenced Dry spell?

OriginalLacan
Sep 10, 2003, 07:45 PM
I notice my first character in PSOX (a whitill) had found 35-40 rares by lv 40, and averaged about 1 new rare each time i sat down to play from there. One of my other characters (a yellowboze) is lv 41 with only a whopping boomba claw,varista,and DB saber. although i kind of prefer the added challenge of not having so many rares, im curious if maybe your section ID possibly determines the rarity of rares. with a little experimentation i've found that whitill and bluefull tend to find a lot more rares than yellowboze or skyly. Is this just coincidence or have others found similar results?

Ketchup345
Sep 10, 2003, 07:48 PM
Most of it depends on how badly you want something (the more, the less likely, no one ever figured out why or how {small sensors in the controller that we don't know about? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif }), if the game wants to be nice, what the drop is (item) and the normal item drop % of an enemy. There are a few other facters in there, but those are the main.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ketchup345 on 2003-09-10 17:58 ]</font>

AUTO_
Sep 10, 2003, 07:49 PM
Click the below link:

http://www.pso-world.com/item_findings.php

Soukosa
Sep 10, 2003, 07:52 PM
Some IDs do have more common rares than the other IDs. This in turn can cause these "draughts" or whatever.

OriginalLacan
Sep 10, 2003, 08:11 PM
I'm not talking about specific rares, but rather the probability of a red box drop in general, regardless of whats inside.
For example, at level 40 with the whitill id, i had found somewhere in the neighborhood of 15 boomba's right arms while other id's found 1 or none with similar play times. this isn't a major thing, just curiosity

Ketchup345
Sep 10, 2003, 08:14 PM
The lack of drops as I said above depends on several things, but my guess is the drop %s of any item from the enemies you are fighting and the difficulty of finding a rare from them is whats affecting you most IMO.

Edit: Also the possibilty of Beat Time(s) for drops.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ketchup345 on 2003-09-10 18:16 ]</font>

Bit
Sep 10, 2003, 08:14 PM
It's just what certain ID's will drop for you at certain times. It's all about the luck of the drop, or so we're led to believe at this time.

Soukosa
Sep 10, 2003, 08:28 PM
On 2003-09-10 18:11, OriginalLacan wrote:
I'm not talking about specific rares, but rather the probability of a red box drop in general, regardless of whats inside.
For example, at level 40 with the whitill id, i had found somewhere in the neighborhood of 15 boomba's right arms while other id's found 1 or none with similar play times. this isn't a major thing, just curiosity

Section ID wouldn't influence that. I guess the Boomas just liked your Whitill more.

Dbc
Sep 10, 2003, 09:35 PM
I heard you find less rares the higher the difficuly(cept for pdrops)

Stalfos333
Sep 10, 2003, 09:41 PM
You heard wrong. Rares actually get more common through Vhard, but then drop off aain in Ult.

toxic_420
Sep 11, 2003, 09:25 AM
*agrees with stalfos333*

my HUcast in ult was having a serious drought, no reds in about 2 weeks, so i decided to play with my RAcaseal whos only just out of normal. the last three days or so have provided me with loads of rares, not all of them useful, but tonnes of red boxes at least.
and they came from hard/vhard.