PDA

View Full Version : Offline C-Mode - Garanz

Jazhara
Sep 11, 2003, 04:57 AM
I need a better method of dealing with offline Garanz.

The TA method doesn't really work (freeze and all attack) for too long, as chars level slower hence less freeze traps.

Current method therefore is for one player (me) to run round the Garanz in a circle. However, to do this very effectively I need the map displayed and also be able to bring up the back row of buttons (default R) with traps on to avoid walking.

Problem is, R zooms the map out in multi. Hence I have to swap my controls around, so I have the camera on the right trigger and the traps on the left trigger, then it all works.

Problem is, after 4000 hours or so of PSO across my life I just CANNOT get used to it! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif Customising on the fly, then back again is hassle when there are waves after the Garanz (although I haven't tried yet if I'm honest).

Any better methods for OFFLINE Garanz once freeze traps are used? - TA is not the key aim, getting through all Garanz rooms with 0 monomates used is.

And pleeese no-one tell me to just remake the maps until you get a good one.... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

TIA

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jazhara on 2003-09-11 02:58 ]</font>

rena-ko
Sep 11, 2003, 06:11 AM
hm... does start menu work in cmode? it should keep you running as well...
other possibility would be to swap the normal and the r+ pattern ^-^ have attack on r+a for example. thats not tooo different...

at all, you just need the button switch for one stage, so it might be not too problematic... (but then again, i also 'waste' 15 seconds to remap the old dreamcast style each stage...)

or to run blind and hope for the best. ^_^;

Capricornus
Sep 11, 2003, 07:24 AM
On 2003-09-11 04:11, rena-ko wrote:
hm... does start menu work in cmode? it should keep you running as well...
other possibility would be to swap the normal and the r+ pattern ^-^ have attack on r+a for example. thats not tooo different...

at all, you just need the button switch for one stage, so it might be not too problematic... (but then again, i also 'waste' 15 seconds to remap the old dreamcast style each stage...)

or to run blind and hope for the best. ^_^;

Running around the Garanz is never done in a real TA team.
Most TA teams do consist of 3 cast/caseals and theres always one with a freeze trap ready.
If you insist on wanting to run around it, well then, I dont have a solution for you as to run blindly with the small view you have when pushing the Rbutton. Just before pushing the Rbutton though, I take notice of the other enemies location and try to guess their current position afterwards when circling around that Garanz.

rena-ko
Sep 11, 2003, 09:41 AM
that is not the point. i'm fully aware of it that running around garanz is no TA-tactic.

the question was to survive the stage, not to play TA offline. like clearly stated in the first post.

Capricornus
Sep 11, 2003, 10:43 AM
On 2003-09-11 07:41, rena-ko wrote:
that is not the point. i'm fully aware of it that running around garanz is no TA-tactic.

the question was to survive the stage, not to play TA offline. like clearly stated in the first post.

The last part of my post contains my personal solution for it and works fine for me.
Question was answered...

DOG21313
Sep 11, 2003, 05:20 PM
On 2003-09-11 02:57, Jazhara wrote:
Current method therefore is for one player (me) to run round the Garanz in a circle. However, to do this very effectively I need the map displayed and also be able to bring up the back row of buttons (default R) with traps on to avoid walking.

TIA

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jazhara on 2003-09-11 02:58 ]</font>

Why do you need the map? If you can get used to not using the map, you could pull up the quick screen (R+Y) and get traps from there.

On 2003-09-11 08:43, Capricornus wrote:

On 2003-09-11 07:41, rena-ko wrote:

The last part of my post contains my personal solution for it and works fine for me.
Question was answered...

Actually, question wasn't answered, what works for you may not for others, and if you didn't notice, she said she wanted a method that works well for her and she wasn't woried about TA, just getting through with all monomates

Also, this is offline, which means she probably doesn't have as good a team as you could get online, I know that mine isn't good, it consists solely of a HUmar and a RAcast.

Capricornus
Sep 12, 2003, 04:52 AM
On 2003-09-11 02:57, Jazhara wrote:
I need a better method of dealing with offline Garanz.

The TA method doesn't really work (freeze and all attack) for too long, as chars level slower hence less freeze traps.

Problem is, R zooms the map out in multi. Hence I have to swap my controls around, so I have the camera on the right trigger and the traps on the left trigger, then it all works.

Problem is, after 4000 hours or so of PSO across my life I just CANNOT get used to it! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif Customising on the fly, then back again is hassle when there are waves after the Garanz (although I haven't tried yet if I'm honest).

Any better methods for OFFLINE Garanz once freeze traps are used? - TA is not the key aim, getting through all Garanz rooms with 0 monomates used is.
And pleeese no-one tell me to just remake the maps until you get a good one.... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

TIA

Lets analyse this and get it straight once and for all.(see Bold text above)
The main problem Jazhara has is switching his controls for camera and traps.
Now if I look a litte bit farther to the main question, well, hum... do I see there that all freeze traps are used???
-> hence no need to do any switching to use traps -> hence circling around the Garanz (with menu displayed)should work fine and is the best method to save up mates.
If you are not playing TA than this is and will always be the best method to save up mates!!!
Theres no other solution, except if your lucky enough to find a dim weapon with a 100% hit rate that is.

DOG21313
Sep 12, 2003, 07:21 AM
Thats exactly what I just suggested...

Jazhara
Sep 15, 2003, 08:28 AM
Well, thanks for the answers. To cover some of the points made here -

1. The freeze trap method is used when we play, until freeze traps are exhausted (and yes we only need one trap per Garanz). For those who haven't actually tried it, freeze traps run out quicker offline due to slower levelling. Also, offline C-Mode seems to be even stingier than online with decent maps.

2. My offline team is weak, correct - friends who are all new to PSO in Ep. II. They do very well for their level of experience, but online I am used to playing with friends who have been C-Modeing since it was first released (as have I).

3. The reason I say TA doesn't matter is I don't want to TA with the team I have... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif No point to offline TA really, I'd rather just get through it a few times and get all the weps. Online of course I play in TA teams and use the freeze method, but this is not online!

4. I don't need the map when running Garanz, but having it makes them die far quicker - anyone who has done this a lot will know what I mean.

5. Pressing START / R + Y also removes the map offline. Thanks for the suggestion though.

6. I don't really have a problem with switching the controls, it just annoys me. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Thanks for the input all.

Top suggestion, just what I was after. Danke. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jazhara on 2003-09-15 06:30 ]</font>

Jazhara
Sep 24, 2003, 06:50 AM
Tried and tested several times - this method is perfect, 4xC6, lots of Garanz, 0 mates lost all dead very quick. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif