PDA

View Full Version : Physco Wand Runs - Oran

Neoluke12
Sep 11, 2003, 11:55 AM
Ok I get my physco wand from ult gibbles, how many times did you have to kill him before you got the Physco Wand!!!!!!! Ive only killed him once at the moment though!!!!!!!

Stalfos333
Sep 11, 2003, 12:03 PM
It's a VERY large number. It's extremely rare, so you can count on at least 100.

Zarana
Sep 11, 2003, 01:06 PM
Way more than one hundred. Count on something a little closer to twelve thousand.

In my opinion, you should just make a Purplenum and get it from Mil Lilly. That's where every Psycho Wand is found.

Soukosa
Sep 11, 2003, 01:16 PM
On 2003-09-11 11:06, Zarana wrote:
Way more than one hundred. Count on something a little closer to twelve thousand.

In my opinion, you should just make a Purplenum and get it from Mil Lilly. That's where every Psycho Wand is found.

Every Psycho Wand? Come on... They're not that hard to get from standard enemies. There were rares much rarer on the DC that were found. Plus, who said that all standard enemies have the same chance of their drop being the rare?

Neoluke12
Sep 11, 2003, 01:16 PM
NO!!!!!!!!!! o well over 100 i can cope (i think) but 1200 i wont make it......!!!!

Zarana
Sep 11, 2003, 01:26 PM
I truly hope you're not basing that on the confirms, seeing as they're mostly lies.

Anyway, you have to kill about 290,000 Gran Sorcerors in Redria to get a Psycho Wand. If you kill one hundred a day (and few people even do THAT) it will take you years to find it. The same with just about any other Psycho Wand. Even the 12,000 one from Gibbles, at 100 Gibbles a day, would take someone about 120 days of searching to get.

If one ever drops, which I truly doubt it will, it will always take months to search for. Purplenum is the only reasonable place you can go to find it, whether or not you agree with me. There are still Psycho Wands that have never been found worldwide, like the Pinkal and Whitill ones. And I'm sure there are more than that, those are just the two without reasonable doubt.

If you don't like being disappointed or searching until L:200 to find one item, please do yourself a favor and find it in Purplenum.

VioletSkye
Sep 11, 2003, 01:31 PM
Zarana, just out of curiousity, what are YOU basing your "guesstimates" on? I have yet to EVER see any proof backing up your claims. I offered the file to you to look at and obviously you either didn't look at it or don't have the ability/skills to understand what you are looking at. So here it is again in case you missed it.

http://www.angelfire.com/alt/rlc/itemrt.gsl

Zarana
Sep 11, 2003, 01:36 PM
Well, odds are equal that I either didn't read the topic or can't use "gsl" files on my computer. Anyway, my information came from this site.

http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfish/urltrurl?lp=ja_en&url=http%3A%2F%2Flink.mods.jp%2Fpso%2Findex.html

It was originally on the message boards, but I'm sure it's been put into guide form by now. Also, if you want it in English (without Babelfish *ugh*) IGN stole the information and put it here:

http://faqs.ign.com//articles/393/393635p1.html

VioletSkye
Sep 11, 2003, 01:42 PM
On 2003-09-11 11:36, Zarana wrote:
Well, odds are equal that I either didn't read the topic or can't use "gsl" files on my computer. Anyway, my information came from this site.

http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfish/urltrurl?lp=ja_en&url=http%3A%2F%2Flink.mods.jp%2Fpso%2Findex.html

It was originally on the message boards, but I'm sure it's been put into guide form by now. Also, if you want it in English (without Babelfish *ugh*) IGN stole the information and put it here:

http://faqs.ign.com//articles/393/393635p1.html

I don't need any of your links. I HAVE THE FILE MYSELF. And I would suggest you look at it. There are other respected people that know of Sounami's work, and will defend it because it is based on facts. Now is not the time to bring anyone else into it, but understand that they at least understand the work that is being done. If you can't open the file, then you obviously know nothing about programming or even hex editting. You can easily open the file with a program like Ultraedit 32, hex workshop or any other of hex editting programs (many of which are free).

Zarana
Sep 11, 2003, 01:47 PM
Wow, that has got to be the most ridiculous reply I've ever heard. You go from asking me where I got my "guesstimates" in one topic to saying that I shouldn't have ever told you where in the next one? Now that is a short attention span.

Anyway, what you just said is so powerfully ridiculous and narrow-minded that giving me advice on broadening my horizons sounds too hypocritical to take seriously. In fact, I actually find it quite funny.

Now if you still want me to see these charts, which trust me I've seen before, your best bet would be saving it to a type of file people actually use. I'm sure I speak for many others when I say that my computer won't run a gsl.

But the fact remains, no matter how many "respected people" back her files, more back those from the Japanese site I linked you to. It's far more well-respected, highly regarded and credible than any one solitary person could be.

VioletSkye
Sep 11, 2003, 01:53 PM
On 2003-09-11 11:47, Zarana wrote:
Wow, that has got to be the most ridiculous reply I've ever heard. You go from asking me where I got my "guesstimates" in one topic to saying that I shouldn't have ever told you where in the next one? Now that is a short attention span.

Anyway, what you just said is so powerfully ridiculous and narrow-minded that giving me advice on broadening my horizons sounds too hypocritical to take seriously. In fact, I actually find it quite funny.

Now if you still want me to see these charts, which trust me I've seen before, your best bet would be saving it to a type of file people actually use. I'm sure I speak for many others when I say that my computer won't run a gsl.

But the fact remains, no matter how many "respected people" back her files, more back those from the Japanese site I linked you to. It's far more well-respected, highly regarded and credible than any one solitary person could be.

I'm glad you enjoyed it. Enjoy your ignorance Zarana. In the end you'll be the one who looks like the idiot that you obviously are so I'm not worried.

BTW Einstein, how can something be more credible than the actual file that ST created themselves. Are you saying their opinion is more believable than the actual coding that ST themselves wrote into the file? You say that I sound ridiculous, but step back and listen to yourself. You NEVER, NEVER looked at the file yourself (which already discounts any argument you have) and you post things that are simply not factual. Nothing can be more credible than the info on the file itself. That is the END ALL, BE ALL authority on what the game does or does not do.

Soukosa
Sep 11, 2003, 01:55 PM
On 2003-09-11 11:47, Zarana wrote:
I'm sure I speak for many others when I say that my computer won't run a gsl.

It's a data file used by the game, not some program or file that was created by computer program. Obviously, you have never hacked games before. I can't present my findings yet since I'm not pinpointing everything but I can tell that the game doesn't work with rares in a way that everyone seems to think it does.

Zarana
Sep 11, 2003, 01:59 PM
Okay, do you ever listen to anything other people say? Or do you just twist it into what you want to hear?

1. It is NOT AN OPINION. If you think Suromimi is the only person to ever get these numbers from the game, I don't even need to tell you how DEAD WRONG YOU ARE. Sorry for the caps, but maybe it will get you to actually comprehend what I'm saying right now.

2. Not only isn't she the only person to get these numbers, she's not the first one. The exact percents have been on this Japanese site for months on end.

3. If it's so simple to get them, why on earth are you implying that no one else has been able to? Or that no one has been able to turn them into actual numbers? Every post you make is a testament to your own hypocrisy.

If you want to make another ridiculous, narrow-minded reply that once again reverts to Suro being the only person in the entire world with this information, go right ahead. You'll only be making me laugh. But if you want to listen to reason for once, maybe you'll make a post that's actually worth reading.

Soukosa
Sep 11, 2003, 02:04 PM
On 2003-09-11 11:59, Zarana wrote:
The exact percents have been on this Japanese site for months on end.

Like I have said so many times before, there are NO percents in the game that determine the probability of the game dropping the rare. It is obvious that the game handles it differently than say the probability of an enemy dropping something, which are stored in percent. Those that made those percents simply think they are fixed rates and came up with a way of turning the data into percents.

VioletSkye
Sep 11, 2003, 02:05 PM
Okay, do you ever listen to anything other people say? Or do you just twist it into what you want to hear?

1. It is NOT AN OPINION. If you think Suromimi is the only person to ever get these numbers from the game, I don't even need to tell you how DEAD WRONG YOU ARE. Sorry for the caps, but maybe it will get you to actually comprehend what I'm saying right now.

2. Not only isn't she the only person to get these numbers, she's not the first one. The exact percents have been on this Japanese site for months on end.

3. If it's so simple to get them, why on earth are you implying that no one else has been able to? Or that no one has been able to turn them into actual numbers? Every post you make is a testament to your own hypocrisy.

If you want to make another ridiculous, narrow-minded reply that once again reverts to Suro being the only person in the entire world with this information, go right ahead. You'll only be making me laugh. But if you want to listen to reason for once, maybe you'll make a post that's actually worth reading.

I could ask you the EXACT same thing. You also seem to only be listening to yourself. So lets look at your points.

1. I have NEVER said that she is the only one to get the files. **If you find ANYWHERE AT ALL that I said that and can prove it, then please do and I'll shut up right now.

2. Basically, same as number 1 in that I NEVER SAID she was the first one. See above**

3. **See above.

You seem to follow a common trend in making things up. Nothing you listed ever happened. To recap I never said she the only one to get them, I never said she was the first person to get them and lastly I never said noone has ever looked at them and listed them.

BTW you make me laugh as well, because with each post you make up more and more things. Your last post was a total fabrication. As I said by all means please point out where I claimed any of those things. In fact post a link to the thread and people can see it for themselves.

VioletSkye
Sep 11, 2003, 02:07 PM
On 2003-09-11 12:04, Sounomi wrote:

The exact percents have been on this Japanese site for months on end.

Like I have said so many times before, there are NO percents in the game that determine the probability of the game dropping the rare. It is obvious that the game handles it differently than say the probability of an enemy dropping something, which are stored in percent. Those that made those percents simply think they are fixed rates and came up with a way of turning the data into percents.

Heh I tried mentioning that as well, that its not a ssimple as stating a single number, but apparently they can't comprehend that.

Stalfos333
Sep 11, 2003, 02:15 PM
Sounomi, VioletSky, you must realize that you are no more credible to anyone else than a random site. You are looking at the numbers yourself, and to you there is proof to corroborate your findings. To someone like Zarana, who cannot or will not look and interpret the files herself, she is forced into a situation where she must choose something to believe. You, or that site of hers. There is little you can do to make her opt to believe you over the popularly quoted japanese site, and there is nothing she can do to make you believe you are mistaken.

There is no point in fighting over it, as nothing can come of it but spam and flaming, and general bad feelings. All that can be said is that, according to different sources, the chances of getting a non-Purplenum Psychowand differ. Either way, it's going to be difficult to get, though not impossible. Agree to disagree, and move on.

muff
Sep 11, 2003, 02:15 PM
Hey guys this is getting stupid. Take it to pms. The poor guy only asked about a physco wand from ult gibbles.

I think and HOPE you realise that you aren't gonna change each others opinions anyways.

VioletSkye
Sep 11, 2003, 02:21 PM
On 2003-09-11 12:15, Stalfos333 wrote:
Sounomi, VioletSky, you must realize that you are no more credible to anyone else than a random site. You are looking at the numbers yourself, and to you there is proof to corroborate your findings. To someone like Zarana, who cannot or will not look and interpret the files herself, she is forced into a situation where she must choose something to believe. You, or that site of hers. There is little you can do to make her opt to believe you over the popularly quoted japanese site, and there is nothing she can do to make you believe you are mistaken.

There is no point in fighting over it, as nothing can come of it but spam and flaming, and general bad feelings. All that can be said is that, according to different sources, the chances of getting a non-Purplenum Psychowand differ. Either way, it's going to be difficult to get, though not impossible. Agree to disagree, and move on.

LOL. I have to say, I do agree with that http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

BTW what I was trying to say is that its not about credibility. Actual files are not subject to being credible or not credible. They simply are.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2003-09-11 12:22 ]</font>

Zarana
Sep 11, 2003, 02:23 PM
You don't need to directly claim something to imply it. A fact that, if you had any skill at arguing, you would know by now. Before you make rash judgements and your usual schpiel, please just consider for half a second the implications of what you're saying. ... But since I know you won't, here's an example.

The assumption that Suromimi is right and everyone else is wrong.

This implies that not only do you believe that she is the only one with this information, you also believe that she is the only person in the world smart enough to take said information and be able to boil it down to actual numbers.

Okay? Do you see where I'm going with this implication stuff? Now you try it.

--Regardless, you're being preposterous, my link does work, and the very fact that you think you can argue in the same league I do is laughable. You won't give a single fact or even reasonable explanation for what you say, you just say it with complete reckless abandonment. Time and time again.

I'm sick and tired of the two of you waddling around pretending that no one knows more about item rarity than you, when in fact your "findings" were not only discovered many months ago, but subsequently converted from hex not only into a percentage, but factored in with enemy drop rates and turned into an actual number. If you would stop being so pompous and arrogant for half a second, you would see that your work had been done and refined in Japan long, long ago.

If you want to act like you're the first US people to figure this out, fine. I don't care at all. But quit pretending everyone else is just discovering item rarity for the first time. Come back to me in a couple months when you've refined the chart into actual numbers and I guarantee you we will have the same exact ones. Because as you yourself keep boasting, there is only one set of code in the game.

But rest assured, there isn't only one understanding of it.

Neoluke12
Sep 11, 2003, 02:31 PM
ok lets calm down a Little, this is not a flame everyone thread, anyway, how many have people killed so far!!!!!

Zarana
Sep 11, 2003, 02:34 PM
In terms of being killed in an argument, VioletSkye is the only casualty. In terms of actual deaths, I daresay no one.

VioletSkye
Sep 11, 2003, 02:35 PM
On 2003-09-11 12:23, Zarana wrote:
You don't need to directly claim something to imply it. A fact that, if you had any skill at arguing, you would know by now. Before you make rash judgements and your usual schpiel, please just consider for half a second the implications of what you're saying. ... But since I know you won't, here's an example.

The assumption that Suromimi is right and everyone else is wrong.

This implies that not only do you believe that she is the only one with this information, you also believe that she is the only person in the world smart enough to take said information and be able to boil it down to actual numbers.

Okay? Do you see where I'm going with this implication stuff? Now you try it.

--Regardless, you're being preposterous, my link does work, and the very fact that you think you can argue in the same league I do is laughable. You won't give a single fact or even reasonable explanation for what you say, you just say it with complete reckless abandonment. Time and time again.

I'm sick and tired of the two of you waddling around pretending that no one knows more about item rarity than you, when in fact your "findings" were not only discovered many months ago, but subsequently converted from hex not only into a percentage, but factored in with enemy drop rates and turned into an actual number. If you would stop being so pompous and arrogant for half a second, you would see that your work had been done and refined in Japan long, long ago.

If you want to act like you're the first US people to figure this out, fine. I don't care at all. But quit pretending everyone else is just discovering item rarity for the first time. Come back to me in a couple months when you've refined the chart into actual numbers and I guarantee you we will have the same exact ones. Because as you yourself keep boasting, there is only one set of code in the game.

But rest assured, there isn't only one understanding of it.

I've noticed in many posts that you like to brag about your arguing skills. To be honest they are severly lacking. You have no real debate skills. I tire of pointing out the moronic aspects of your posts, but you obviously are not going to see them yourself. So here we go AGAIN!! BTW you did a HORRIBLE job of refuted the claims that I think Sounami is the only person to have the files and that she is the only person to be smart enough to read them. Of course it is difficult to refute something when you have no base to stand on. Nice bluff though. Ok here we go:

1. I have no way of knowing what conclusions others have come to that have looked at the files. Again please let me know where I claimed Sounami is the only person smart enough to read them. (You can't so it was a rhetorical staement.)

I disagree that the work was refined or is even correct. It does NOT match what the files that I have say. Its possible they looked at the different aspects of the drop and did the best they could to give what they felt was an accurate %. Thats great, however I know that the figures they list are not correct. Just because the Japanese did it, doesn't mean thats its 100% correct.

Bit
Sep 11, 2003, 02:35 PM
Enough arguing, yeah?

Let's just all try to get along. Arguing like this is childish.