PDA

View Full Version : *chokes an Ob Lily*

Shin_Arishima
Sep 11, 2003, 02:16 PM
Stupid sons of *censored*... I'm really getting tired of DYING all the time because of those annoying things... anyone have a good combat strategy for trying to kill those things off? I know it's stupid, but my sword-based offline HUmar isn't cutting it right now. I get one and the other Megids me. Or I get distracted, try and kill one enemy, and it Megids me. I hate these things...

*grabs one, ties it in a knot, and leaves it there*

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shin_Arishima on 2003-09-11 12:18 ]</font>

Butoden
Sep 11, 2003, 02:19 PM
Try something like a ranged weapon. slicers may hit the Lillies twice while handguns only once so that might go a little slower. Try to get GOD/HP or something that improves defence...

Bit
Sep 11, 2003, 02:22 PM
Hp Units don't help when you get hit with Megid.

Get items that increase your EDK, those are always nice for a dark based attack.

_KemiKal_
Sep 11, 2003, 02:26 PM
i prefer keeping my distance and using a hell raygun. too bad the damned special almost never works lol

vegeta000110
Sep 11, 2003, 02:38 PM
Delsaber's Buster+ Shield of Delsaber= LOL, stupid lillies!

Lone_Wolf_Nasca
Sep 11, 2003, 02:38 PM
I actually prefer using a Handgun rather than a slicer (they make you move a little foward).If there is only one lily use a sword or a partisan. Or just get some resist/devil units and boost your dark resistence.

Scejntjynahl
Sep 11, 2003, 03:12 PM
The best combo I have used is using a Varista (to paralyze the damn things) and Delsabers Shield (it has a high defense against dark attacks). Use the map to see the dots that represent the enemy before entering the room, it might give you a clue to their location. And if your Varista has percentage agains A.beast and critical it will even be easier to kill them off. Oh yeah, carry a Scape Doll if possible. Good hunting! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

The_Hero_Of_Time
Sep 11, 2003, 03:34 PM
_KemiKal_, where can I get a paku paku mag? hahahaha, I think you mean Kapu Kapu...The weapon is branch of Paku Paku

Shin_Arishima
Sep 11, 2003, 03:48 PM
Alright, well I've got on Holiness Armor, but I've got no slot room left.

...And now I'm confused... sorry for getting off subject, but in Ultimate, has anyone ever gone back down after talking to Guis the last time in Fake in Yellow and telepiping up? Because I'm now very confused...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shin_Arishima on 2003-09-11 13:49 ]</font>

ginko990
Sep 11, 2003, 04:52 PM
Try dodging the megid....its not hard.

Reenee
Sep 11, 2003, 04:58 PM
On 2003-09-11 12:26, _KemiKal_ wrote:
i prefer keeping my distance and using a hell raygun. too bad the damned special almost never works lol

No, really, a Dark element versus a Dark element will work!

Seriously, get a Mechgun or grab a Bravace and shoot from a distance. Since you're a HUmar, grab something around the lines of L&K14, cast Zalure, back away a bit and fire away.

SpyroDi
Sep 11, 2003, 05:16 PM
Don't use a full combo if any other Lilies are in the room.

Attack them right after they shoot Megid,do a 2-hit combo,and then run.

However,if you get the map that has 6 Lilies in one room,well,good luck lol

Nai_Calus
Sep 11, 2003, 06:59 PM
...People who have trouble with Lillies deserve pity. Lots of it. And head-shaking.

Take one Red Handgun/Varista/whatever your best Handgun-type is. Locate Lily. Usually only one or two are within range of the door as you go in. If it's just one, shoot it until it dies. If it's two, run in, do a Normal-Heavy combo on the one, run back out before they spit. Repeat until it's dead and you can focus on the other one. EDK is only needed if you're piping in Waterfall Tears, heh. Handgun range is longer than Ob Megid range, BTW. Usually stuff will come at you from where it is. Pay attention to where the Lily is, stay out of it's range, whack the Vulmers/etc off, snipe the Lily with the Handgun-type, voila. Of course if you're a Force it's even easier. Gifoie/Rabarta whatever's by the door, run in, zap the Lillies with Zonde, rape whatever's left sideways. Heehee.

vegeta000110
Sep 11, 2003, 07:50 PM
If you are a tech user, zonde's it's weakness for non-FOs.

hucasts_rock
Sep 11, 2003, 09:08 PM
On 2003-09-11 14:52, ginko990 wrote:
Try dodging the megid....its not hard.

yeah it really isn't that hard to dodge an ob lilies megid...my personal strategy is to get up close enough to where they try to hit you with their mouth things (:P) and far away enough to where they can't hurt you ( basically get up close and melee them http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif)...no del lilies and the meri family in ult are another story o.o

NKOTB
Sep 11, 2003, 10:33 PM
I have just finsished my 40th Addicting Food Ult run with my Skyly HUnewearl. My straegy on groups of Ob Lilly's is to equip Yamato and do 1 normal attack, then 1 heavy attack. If any opf those are critical hits, the Lilly dies instantly. If not, I back away right after the second swing and it blows up on its own.
If there is just 1 Ob Lilly in the room, I keep my Red Sword equipped and cut it up in 3 swings (normal, hard, hard) it always dies instantly.
I also keep 1 Resist/Devil equipped to protect against any Megid I don't dodge.
One last thing, I can't prove this, but I think you somehow get more resistance at higher levels. I am level 140 now, and I rarely get killed my Megid when it hits. Under the same conditions, it would ALWAYS kill me when I was late 120'2 to early 130's.
If you have patience (I lost mine after about the 2nd run) you should use a gun or slicer though because you will almost always be able to position yourself out of range.

Shin_Arishima
Sep 12, 2003, 08:15 AM
To Ian: Now see, it all makes perfect sense when you put it like that. Yeah, that does work. However, I don't have such awesome weapons like Handguns worth a damn. All I've got in that retrospect is a Varista that does 120 damage with a Hard Attack. For God's sake, I'm a level 87 Hunter. I'm already inaccurate. It doesn't hit often and doesn't do the damage I need it to. The only way I can kill it efficiently is by whipping out my Red Sword, dodging the Megid until I get close, and hacking away. But the thing is, you can't move while attacking (as we all know.) If there's two in a room, one will distract me, and while I'm killing it, the other just blows me away. At the level I'm at, Megid ALWAYS kills. You're right, dodging Megid isn't hard. However, when you don't see it coming, or are in the middle of an attack combo, it's fairly difficult.

And of course, I don't have the easy way of doing things (making it go bang with magic). So I've got to grit my teeth and try to bleed my way through it. I already fall down every hit from a Vulmer. I'm just trying to fight the good fight.

To NKOTB: Yes, I have no patience whatsoever. That's why I'm a Skyly HUmar. Get Red Sword, whack thing with Red Sword, if it doesn't like that, whip out Yamato, freeze, hack. Fairly simple. Yet as we can see, being low-leveled is hurting fairly badly. I just can't throw off the Megid. I'm Forest hunting right now on Forest of Sorrow, trying to get the third Red Weapon for Shin (Red Saber). Maybe that'll help. Then again, it's just a saber. I'm getting a pair of Combats fairly soon, and if I can get a good Handgun, I'll use that also. But for now, what I've got is what I've got.

Hrith
Sep 12, 2003, 08:29 AM
Yes, do increase you EDK I usually use a set of armor that has at least 15 EDK, 20 if possible, BRIGHTNESS CIRCLE has 25 but I don't have one (and I have 3 SPIRIT GARMENTS !! ), LIGHT RELIEF or SHIELD OF DELSABER and a Resist/Devil, your EDK should be around 60 and it is very unlikely you will get hit by a Cave Ob Lily, Forest Hildetorr, Temple Hildetorr, Temple Ob Lily or Zol Gibbon's Megid.

But beware of Spaceship Gran Sorcerer's, Ruins Gran Sorcerer's, Deldepth's and above all Del Lily's -- which is probably Lv 40 or something !

Scejntjynahl
Sep 12, 2003, 11:00 AM
What type of Mag do you have? Try raising one which increases your defense and accuracy. Then the varista you have will be more effective. Heck a mechgun is good just by using weak attack. It gives a couple of hits and time for you to run out and back in to the room. But the Mag would help you alot. Of course try raising your defense against dark. And carry a Scape Doll, they come quite handy.http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Shin_Arishima
Sep 12, 2003, 12:01 PM
On 2003-09-12 09:00, Furankunichan wrote:
What type of Mag do you have? Try raising one which increases your defense and accuracy. Then the varista you have will be more effective. Heck a mechgun is good just by using weak attack. It gives a couple of hits and time for you to run out and back in to the room. But the Mag would help you alot. Of course try raising your defense against dark. And carry a Scape Doll, they come quite handy.http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

I have a Rati perfectly customized to allow maximum statistics without having to track down God/Ability (which I can't get). Two or so God/Powers will give me maximum statistics, or so close that a good Shifta will make the difference barely noticeable, and Rati does that well. *worships the Rati idol* And I do have a mechgun, the Vises. When I get online (after I get rid of the DEMON AOL!!!!!) the Salvation Army is donating a pair of Combats to my valiant cause. And I generally do carry a Scape Doll. However, I get shot, lose it, and then get shot again three rooms later. And I refuse to telepipe up with only three selling items in my stock!!!

In retrospect, maybe I should do the telepipe thingy...

Anyway. I think they're starting to have less effect. I survived a Megid today. Then got shot again in the same room by one on the other side.

And... what's so bad about a Del Lily? What does it do, and why is it so feared?

darthsaber9x9
Sep 12, 2003, 12:11 PM
On 2003-09-12 06:15, Shin_Arishima wrote:
To Ian: Now see, it all makes perfect sense when you put it like that. Yeah, that does work. However, I don't have such awesome weapons like Handguns worth a damn. All I've got in that retrospect is a Varista that does 120 damage with a Hard Attack. For God's sake, I'm a level 87 Hunter. I'm already inaccurate. It doesn't hit often and doesn't do the damage I need it to. The only way I can kill it efficiently is by whipping out my Red Sword, dodging the Megid until I get close, and hacking away. But the thing is, you can't move while attacking (as we all know.) If there's two in a room, one will distract me, and while I'm killing it, the other just blows me away. At the level I'm at, Megid ALWAYS kills. You're right, dodging Megid isn't hard. However, when you don't see it coming, or are in the middle of an attack combo, it's fairly difficult.

And of course, I don't have the easy way of doing things (making it go bang with magic). So I've got to grit my teeth and try to bleed my way through it. I already fall down every hit from a Vulmer. I'm just trying to fight the good fight.

To NKOTB: Yes, I have no patience whatsoever. That's why I'm a Skyly HUmar. Get Red Sword, whack thing with Red Sword, if it doesn't like that, whip out Yamato, freeze, hack. Fairly simple. Yet as we can see, being low-leveled is hurting fairly badly. I just can't throw off the Megid. I'm Forest hunting right now on Forest of Sorrow, trying to get the third Red Weapon for Shin (Red Saber). Maybe that'll help. Then again, it's just a saber. I'm getting a pair of Combats fairly soon, and if I can get a good Handgun, I'll use that also. But for now, what I've got is what I've got.

yeah have u considered the fact that ur just not strong enough yet?

Reece
Sep 12, 2003, 06:24 PM
When will people learn! Dodge the damn Megid it's not hard! Remember take out the Lillys first! lol

FinalHell
Sep 12, 2003, 06:56 PM
you make it sound so easy

_KemiKal_
Sep 12, 2003, 09:52 PM
On 2003-09-11 13:34, The_Hero_Of_Time wrote:
_KemiKal_, where can I get a paku paku mag? hahahaha, I think you mean Kapu Kapu...The weapon is branch of Paku Paku

haha oops thanx for pointing that out

Nai_Calus
Sep 12, 2003, 11:37 PM
On 2003-09-12 06:15, Shin_Arishima wrote:
To Ian: Now see, it all makes perfect sense when you put it like that. Yeah, that does work. However, I don't have such awesome weapons like Handguns worth a damn. All I've got in that retrospect is a Varista that does 120 damage with a Hard Attack. For God's sake, I'm a level 87 Hunter. I'm already inaccurate. It doesn't hit often and doesn't do the damage I need it to.

120 with a Heavy? Not bad. When I was making my way through Ult Caves the first time, I pulled maybe 68 on a Heavy attack with my Raygun +2. >P Got to Dal Ra Lie for the first time at L65(Of course, I didn't kill him til I was L78, mostly because I hate Caves because it's boring). Have patience, my child. For a while everything in the Caves pwned me and could bitchslap my brittle low-level HUmar ass six ways to Sunday... Except Obs, because I knew(And still know) when to be a coward. And actually, as a HUmar, your ATA doesn't stink that much, second highest of the HUs, right in the middle overall(This also holds true for non-maxed stats- L200 base for a HUmar is 174. L100 base is... 116? Something like that? Higher than a HUnny/HUcast, lower than a HUcaseal IIRC, lower than the RAs, but still not pathetic)
You mentioned that your Mag is set up for maxing your stats at L200. It may very well be a bad Mag for use now. What are it's stats? For a HUmar I'd really reccommend a 5/145/50/0 Rati.
You insist on meleeing them because it's more 'efficient', but how is dying efficient? It's easier to simply take the time to stand back and pick them off from a safe distance with safe tactics. If you continue to insist on melee, at least get a decent Partisan-type(Faster than swords, more accurate), or make a REDRIA and find yourself a God/Battle... Actually, REDRIA gets Red Handguns extremely easily, so if you can get the ATA needed to equip one, get one and use it. Grind it, too, of course...
*shrug* I've been there, having pure crap for weapons and being horribly underlevelled. You just stick it out and develop tactics that don't get you killed. Eventually it gets better.

NKOTB
Sep 13, 2003, 12:00 AM
On 2003-09-12 21:37, Ian-KunX wrote:

*shrug* I've been there, having pure crap for weapons and being horribly underlevelled.

This is how I feel when i play online.