PDA

View Full Version : Section IDs and Dungeon Hacks

Soja-Soulcrusher
Sep 12, 2003, 03:17 PM
First thing's first: a clarification. What I mean by dungeon hack is going through and killing every enemy, busting every box, opening every door, tripping every switch, and so on. A dungeon sweep, I also call it. This has nothing to do with cheating or computer hacking.

Ahem.

Now, an interesting thought came to mind one day as I was playing online. I joined an open game and passively noticed that the Tekker was not my own. The character I was using is an Oran, and this one was wearing a robe rather than a turban like my fruity Tekker usually is.

Getting to the point, I began to wonder what dictates the rare drops in a game:

1) The Section ID of the Hunter who kills the monster.

or

2) The Section ID of the Hunter who created the game (the one whose Tekker is in the shop).

Reason being is that I've been doing a lot of Lavis Cannon runs in the Mines, but no dice. In addition to there being so few Sinow Reds, there is also the fact that I can't currently do the Mines by myself and need teammates. They kill the Sinows before I do, therefore there would be pretty much no chance of getting the Lavis using theory #1.

Theory #2 in mind now, the Sinow Red would drop a red box. Item lists tell of it being one of two things:

1) Sinow Red's Arms
2) Lavis Cannon

Obviously, I am looking for item #2. If one of my teammates killed the Sinow Red and this was in my Oran game, would it be an Oran drop (Lavis) or a drop for the Section ID of the killing Hunter?

If anyone at all can answer this question, I'd be very grateful. Thanks for reading, and happy hunting! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Guntz348
Sep 12, 2003, 03:19 PM
The tekker as well as the rares that dropped are determined by the room maker. If a Skyly makes then game and you join it, you'll have a Skyly Tekker and all you will find is Skyly rares. If the host leaves the person whos been in the game the longest, first joiner, section ID takes over. I believe but am not 100% sure, but I think there section ID takes over when you start the next level, meaning it may not be an instantanius switch.

Kadou
Sep 12, 2003, 03:51 PM
I've noticed that the tekker is always that of the first player in offline multiplayer. Would I be right in assuming that the same thing that happens online, as far as the firstplayer's Section ID and rare drops go, also happens offline?

Dillon
Sep 12, 2003, 04:01 PM
Sjoa, read your PM.

Nambrosia
Sep 12, 2003, 04:30 PM
On 2003-09-12 13:51, Kadou wrote:
I've noticed that the tekker is always that of the first player in offline multiplayer. Would I be right in assuming that the same thing that happens online, as far as the firstplayer's Section ID and rare drops go, also happens offline?

Heh I don't play much offline multi (actually I only EVER use it when I need to transfer items between my chars) but I do believe that the game looks at Player 1's ID to determine the drops.

whizkid7
Sep 12, 2003, 04:49 PM
From what I know, the Section ID of the person who makes the game is the one that will be used when determining what rares drop. Now if that person leaves, then the person who joined first's Section ID takes over.