PDA

View Full Version : How Bad Have U got It?! READ

Ghost007
Sep 12, 2003, 07:35 PM
OK, first off, I've wasted away 500+ hours on this game, may not seem like much to some ppl cuz they have plenty more hours spent on it. Some think that that right there is a lot, but some of my friends have it a lot more worse than I used to. Some have had ceisures on the dreamcast versions during the loading, and thing is they dont LEARN they keep playing.

They seriosuly cannot stop, AT ALL, they need that next rare, they have to kill that dragon. I've seen some of them get so bad that they pee in a thermos cup cuz they wouldn't leave the game if the world depended on it. They r dedicated to this game, I mean shouldnt this game have like a warning like a surgeons general warning like ciggarettes???

It's addicting like ne other drug, y not PSO, I mean come on, im sure u all kno someone that has it really bad, maybe not pee in a thermos cup bad, but will miss out on events to just play. I can understand that thousands of ppl r online, and it can b lots of fun, but sometimes ppl just need to kno when they have had enough of something.

Theese kind of ppl need to get a grip, and a social life, lol, but thats all I got to say, and I'de like to kno if u have a friend or a relative or whatever that has it bad, or maybe even u can come out and say that u have it bad. Give as many replies as possible, I'de really like to c this post fly......

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ghost007 on 2003-09-12 17:45 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ghost007 on 2003-09-12 17:46 ]</font>

Rep0
Sep 12, 2003, 07:39 PM
Periods + Paragraphs = Readable

Ghost007
Sep 12, 2003, 07:40 PM
On 2003-09-12 17:39, Rep0 wrote:
Periods + Paragraphs = Readable

want me to edit it? i will if u cannot read it with correct punctuation

Rep0
Sep 12, 2003, 07:43 PM
break it up into paragraphs so my eyes don't burn out reading it

thx

Ghost007
Sep 12, 2003, 07:47 PM
On 2003-09-12 17:43, Rep0 wrote:
break it up into paragraphs so my eyes don't burn out reading it

thx

OK i edited it, into paragraphs, but let me guess, ur eyes r already burnt out from playing PSO constantly, lmao

Lone_Wolf_Nasca
Sep 12, 2003, 07:49 PM
My God http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif !! They actually pee in thermo cups !! Ok, your friends should get professional help or something !! I love this game, but I would not go to those extremes !!

joluh
Sep 12, 2003, 07:49 PM
yeah people gets too obbsesed with this game, i've spent 120 hours on my lost char, like 95 on my new one, and like 30 on other i've deleted, so it's like 250hours in 2 months, one was vacation ^.^, and btw about the get a life thing, a lot of people who play this game will take it wrong cause they actually have no life, so never ever say that on a PSO forum or any other videogame forum...

Ghost007
Sep 12, 2003, 07:50 PM
On 2003-09-12 17:49, joluh wrote:
yeah people gets too obbsesed with this game, i've spent 120 hours on my lost char, like 95 on my new one, and like 30 on other i've deleted, so it's like 250hours in 2 months, one was vacation ^.^, and btw about the get a life thing, a lot of people who play this game will take it wrong cause they actually have no life, so never ever say that on a PSO forum or any other videogame forum...

i dont care about the kind of responses i get, it doesnt bother me really

ginko990
Sep 12, 2003, 07:55 PM
rofl, wow, get up and go the bathroom if you need ot tinkle. I have about 2700 total on all versions of PSO, but i know when enough is enough.

Lone_Wolf_Nasca
Sep 12, 2003, 07:55 PM
and btw about the get a life thing, a lot of people who play this game will take it wrong cause they actually have no life, so never ever say that on a PSO forum or any other videogame forum...

Boy, thaks for supporting those people http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_no.gif, maybe you should have not mention the "they actually have no life" part.

Ghost007
Sep 12, 2003, 07:57 PM
On 2003-09-12 17:55, Lone_Wolf_Nasca wrote:

and btw about the get a life thing, a lot of people who play this game will take it wrong cause they actually have no life, so never ever say that on a PSO forum or any other videogame forum...

Boy, thaks for supporting those people http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_no.gif, maybe you should have not mention the "they actually have no life" part.

O WELL!!!! lol

flueggy
Sep 12, 2003, 08:37 PM
whoah that's scary they have lost it , wonder what would happen if the disk broke wonder wht they would do?

ShadowFOrce
Sep 12, 2003, 08:48 PM
MAN! I am even worse than all your friends, I can't stop playing this game EVER!!!!

This one time when I was playing PSO this guy like totally dissed me when I asked him " DOOD WHERE U GET TEH CHEAT KODEZ!!111!!!111!! So the next day I found him in the lobby and I totally corrupted him dood!

The next hour or 2 he came in the lobby saying that he got corrupted and that I did it, which I did. So then he was trying to turn everyone against me and I corrupted him again, then he came in the lobby the next minute and said that he was going to call Sonic Team. Then I was like " why would they care".

So then I was like eating Chicken at my Uncle's Cousin's friend's brother's house and I was all like This one time when I was playing PSO this guy like totally dissed me when I asked him " DOOD WHERE U GET TEH CHEAT KODEZ!!111!!!111!! So the next day I found him in the lobby and I totally corrupted him dood!

The next hour or 2 he came in the lobby saying that he got corrupted and that I did it, which I did. So then he was trying to turn everyone against me and I corrupted him again, then he came in the lobby the next minute and said that he was going to call Sonic Team. Then I was like " why would they care".

Then After I told him about the story he went to his room and started drawing pictures of rapid monkeys and man-eating clocks.

So when I left his house I went to this one guy's house that I didn't know and started eating all his food in his house and then he was like DOOD!! What are you doing? That is my food I bought it ARRRRGH!

The next day I woke up and the guy was like standing over me. Then I gave him my copy of PSO and ran over him with my truck that I don't even own.

So that is my story, I bet you that I have it way worse than you ever had!

Beat that you little H4x0r5!!!!!!1111!!!11!!11!!11!11!

OriginalLacan
Sep 12, 2003, 09:28 PM
i have too much stuff to do during the day.I've had the game almost since it came out, and my highest lv char is 73 because i simply don't have the time to play all day. would be nice though..

kitomaka_ck
Sep 12, 2003, 09:33 PM
What if the only people you can get along with are the PSO) players? I don't have a huge social life.
I have what, maybe 4 friendsthat I hang out with while everyone else is with everybody else? Get a Job. Well, no friggin duh, you have to have one unless you are a teen and your parents pay for it or youre a lazy fatass 25 year old who mooches off his parents. THEN you have to get a life. You don't have to be athletic or jack of all trades or anything like that, just keep yourself alive off of your own effort, THATS a life.

But from your perspective, GET THE HELL OFF THESE BOARDS AND GET A LIFE!

kitomaka_ck
Sep 12, 2003, 09:35 PM
What if the only people you can get along with are the PSO) players? I don't have a huge social life.
I have what, maybe 4 friendsthat I hang out with while everyone else is with everybody else? Get a Job. Well, no friggin duh, you have to have one unless you are a teen and your parents pay for it or youre a lazy fatass 25 year old who mooches off his parents. THEN you have to get a life. You don't have to be athletic or jack of all trades or anything like that, just keep yourself alive off of your own effort, THATS a life.

But from your perspective, GET THE HELL OFF THESE BOARDS AND GET A LIFE!

StrongBad
Sep 12, 2003, 09:37 PM
One time i peed in a thermos cup(not because of the game) and my brother drank it thinking it was apple juice. I laughed so hard i peed in my pants.

Well, back on topic. Ya some people do play too much. My friend plays like 10 hours a day or something like that. Thats pretty crazy.

Ghost007
Sep 12, 2003, 10:03 PM
Thanx for the replies, ide still like more tho http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif, but i am not saying for u to get the hell off the boards and get a life, im just saying some ppl take things way too far

ShadowFOrce
Sep 12, 2003, 10:17 PM
This one time I was playing PSO this guy joined my game and I was like WTF?!?!!?!

StrongBad
Sep 12, 2003, 10:21 PM
[quote]
On 2003-09-12 20:17, ShadowFOrce wrote:
This one time I was playing PSO this guy joined my game and I was like WTF?!?!!?!

What????? Unless your game was locked i dont understand what your saying.

Rain_1
Sep 12, 2003, 11:54 PM
I believe every single person does whatever they think is best for them
Hey, if they want to play pso all day long, let them... i'd love too if i could.. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

About the getting a life thing... well, you should get a life and stop telling people what they should or should not do...

FinalHell
Sep 13, 2003, 03:31 AM
Life... life is about getting your own, not bugging some1 elses.

To me pso isnt addictive any more. It was a good way to past times in the summer, but thats it. All i do now is chat in the lobby. Any1 feel the same way as i do?

silvermax
Sep 13, 2003, 03:40 AM
ive pretty much toned down my playing, i played if for a sold 2 months when i got it, now im kind sick of the Tredmiling http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif...

-benjamin-
Sep 13, 2003, 08:02 PM
i used to pla pretty much nightly on dc

now im kinda ok lol (havnt got a gc modem yet lol)

i bought 2 extra mem cards tho, to get all the chars/section ids but 1 was 2nd hand (cheap) and i actually needed 1 to make a monkey ball2 save

i havnt missed events for it, i still go out occasionally =) and id probably be considered a computer geek type thing (well game geek, i cant do anything with pc's) but isnt that cool now? the whole loser/geek thing. but anyway most people consider me cool, and i do what i want in my life, look how i want, etc the trick is to not care what people say,

i got red dreadlocks, i wear mostly black clothes, or totally bright ones, and if another person says one thing containing the words "sideshow" or "bob" ill stab them winth a huge sword =)

anyway if videogames have really influenced our lives, say pacman, we'd all be running about in blackened rooms, listening to repetetive computer generated music and eating magic pills......... wait a minute

bigbadbanana
Sep 17, 2003, 04:04 PM
I admit, i'm obsessed with pso. I spend at least 5 hours a day on it.

Miki
Sep 17, 2003, 04:08 PM
You think that's bad, you should look at all those people who're addicted to that chess game. I mean, man, they spend hours a day for years and years playing it. Think of what else people could do with that time.

It's called a hobby. Deal.

Dillon
Sep 17, 2003, 04:17 PM
First off, after only reading the first few posts..

Anyone that'd piss in a thermus, because they "just couldn't get up,"..haha, anyone like that needs SERIOUS help.

Second, I've spent well over 500 hours playing PSO. I get bored after about 2 or so hours of play. I got out and do things with my Girlfriend, I go to school, I study, etc. etc., I don't put the damn game before life itself.

But anyway..like I said, anyone who gets that attached to the game is not only not right, but a raging moron that's a danger to themselves and the ones around them.

If you think about it, all of this is temporary. Your memory card could corrupt at any time. Your console could die at any time. The PSO servers could go down at any time..you could die at any time; and eventually will die anyway. So why get too attached to anything, especially a GAME?

Don't get me wrong, it's great, it's horridly fun, but there's no way in hell I'd get THAT addicted to it.

Hell, the only way I'd be even be 1/100th of being that addicted to it is if I was at some major LAN party and it was there, and everyone was playing it. Only way..and even then, I could stop to use the damn bathroom :/

I'm out.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dillon on 2003-09-17 14:19 ]</font>

PABLOparavida
Sep 17, 2003, 06:18 PM
I only play like 3 hous a game and my friends think that I'm obbessed(sp) but now I know. The cup idea is good. LOL

BlackRanger
Sep 17, 2003, 06:26 PM
I play for usually 5 every weekend but I don't think I'd ever pee in a Thermos Cup LoL

Goose
Sep 17, 2003, 06:35 PM
Um, did he tell you he peed in a hermos cup, or did u see it happen?