PDA

View Full Version : Yasminkov 3000R And Kasami Bracer

Blanks
Sep 12, 2003, 09:35 PM
is the Yasminkov 3000R the best rifle in the game and if not what is? And which is the best 3 section ids to get a kasami bracer?
Thanks

DOG21313
Sep 12, 2003, 09:46 PM
Best Place: Purplenum Ult mines Canabin
2nd: Redria Ult Mines Sinow Blue
3rd: Bluefull Ult Caves Nano Dragon

As for the Yas question, if you mean ATP, at max grind, yes, but I believe that version of the Yas does not have an auto aim function, so I reccomend going for the 7000V instead.

Blanks
Sep 12, 2003, 09:50 PM
What do you mean by not have an auto aim?

DOG21313
Sep 12, 2003, 09:52 PM
Ya know the little automatic target system that circles the enemys and aims the weapon to directly hit them? The little green arrows that circle them? There is none of that on the 3000R... Pretty weird huh?

Blanks
Sep 12, 2003, 10:04 PM
well thats just great.
I dont want to go through the trouble of starting another section id.
Would getting it be worth it with a greenil.
And anyone that has it, is it easy to use?

DOG21313
Sep 12, 2003, 10:09 PM
I've never used one but: Have you ever used an Elysions foie attack? If you have, thats what its like.

Blanks
Sep 12, 2003, 10:12 PM
so does that means it wont do good as of snipping enemys

Sinow-X
Sep 12, 2003, 10:17 PM
well my yas3000r has auto aim function but maybe its just a glitch in the game(caduceus' special also has no auto aim)

DOG21313
Sep 12, 2003, 10:18 PM
It depends how well you can aim it yourself, for me, i'm not so good at that stuff, so I'd do bad, but if you're a good ranger, you'll probably do fine. Oh, and if you snipe from far enough away that the enemys don't notice you, then you can have as much time as you want.

Blanks
Sep 12, 2003, 10:24 PM
i didnt think cadeceus had a special and if i find the yas 3000 i'll just use it so much that way i'll have to get good at using it.

DOG21313
Sep 12, 2003, 10:25 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Ok, good luck Blanks!

Blanks
Sep 12, 2003, 10:30 PM
thanks i will need it

TheAlmightyNewbie
Sep 13, 2003, 09:04 AM
The Caduceus's special is Foie.

Dbc
Sep 13, 2003, 10:34 AM
yas3000 is an excellent rifle as long as your good at lining youself up with monsters, good distance on the gun though.

Zarana
Sep 13, 2003, 01:13 PM
The best Rifle isn't a Yasminkov at all, it's clearly the Frozen Sh'ooter. In terms of power, yes, the Yasminkov 3000 wins out. But that certainly doesn't make it better by any stretch of the imagination.

Anyway, the list about the easiest Kasami Bracers is totally true, so I won't bother to post one of my own.

TheAlmightyNewbie
Sep 13, 2003, 01:22 PM
On 2003-09-13 11:13, Zarana wrote:
The best Rifle isn't a Yasminkov at all, it's clearly the Frozen Sh'ooter. In terms of power, yes, the Yasminkov 3000 wins out. But that certainly doesn't make it better by any stretch of the imagination.

Anyway, the list about the easiest Kasami Bracers is totally true, so I won't bother to post one of my own.

What about bosses? They can't be frozen. And do you really want to take time to freeze something like an El Rappy or a Vulmer? Personally, I'd rather simply kill it quickly. There's not a lot of use in freezing a weak melee attacking enemy from rifle range, unless you're being mobbed or there's something like Bringers, Belras, or Hildes around.

Zarana
Sep 13, 2003, 01:33 PM
But why would you use any Rifle on those things? Those are for Shots or Mechguns. Even Launchers work better than Rifles on them. In my opinion, any enemy you're really going to use a Rifle on might as well be frozen. And you seem to agree with me, since you posted about wanting to kill things with speed. Which can't be done on any Rifle, really.

Also, if you have access to all these Yasminkovs and are fighting a boss, you'll use the 9000. In fact, you will have probably been using it all along, since it's vastly superior in any situation to the others.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zarana on 2003-09-13 11:34 ]</font>

TheAlmightyNewbie
Sep 13, 2003, 02:01 PM
You'd only use Shots if there's a large group... I meant if there's only a couple. And the Yasminkov 9000M is very hard to obtain. I never said anything about having access to "all those Yasminkovs", I was just comparing the 3000R to the Frozen Shooter. and Rifles are faster than Mechguns, Shots and Launchers, and generally do better damage than the last two as compared to their speed. And would you use a Mechgun on something like a Claw, which gets pushed back three feet if you breathe on it too hard? Have fun.

DOG21313
Sep 13, 2003, 04:05 PM
On 2003-09-13 11:13, Zarana wrote:

Uh, take a look:

As for the Yas question, if you mean ATP, at max grind, yes, but I believe that version of the Yas does not have an auto aim function, so I reccomend going for the 7000V instead.

I said ATP. Also, he needs to know the effects of the different rifles himself before he chooses them, in my opinion, the Frozen Shooter is a hassle, it randomly freezes you In my opinion (and my almost completely ranger friend), the Spread Needle is the best rifle, but of course, I'm not a ranger at all, only HU/FO.

Stalfos333
Sep 13, 2003, 04:28 PM
The spread needle is only technically a rifle. Only the animation and speed are from the rifle class; the weapon has short range and multiple targets.

The fact is that you don't use it in the same way as a rifle, you use it much more similarly to how one would use a shot. You'd use it against a nearby group of 2+ enemies, rather than a far off single enemy.

The Frozen Shooter, as it happens, is my favorite rifle. You not only freeze en enemy in place, you begin forming a wall to keep the other enemies from rushing you. Back yourself into a corner, and you're invincible. I would, eventually, like to get my hands on the mechgun Yas, however.

As for claws, they only back up if you use a hard attack. You can hit them with a full series of mechgun normal attacks, unless they decide to become untargetable. The only real problem with this approach is that claws tend to swarm, and mechgun animations leave you helpless.

TheAlmightyNewbie
Sep 13, 2003, 04:34 PM
On 2003-09-13 14:28, Stalfos333 wrote:
unless they decide to become untargetable.

Don't you just hate that? Stupid Claws... Almost as annoying as some of the big ruins enemies (belras, bringers, and sorcerers) sometimes http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Blanks
Sep 15, 2003, 10:17 PM
Well I finnaly got it after about 14 unsealed door runs. It does have an auto target and its cool that it doesnt use Any type of photon. Now going for the kasami bracer