PDA

View Full Version : PSOX-US: linked ships EU,US and Jp

fuuchann
Sep 13, 2003, 09:03 AM
When if ever will these ships be linked i hope soon,i mean because some of xbox online games are link , I was wondering why wont they link this one it would be cool to hear people speak in there native tongue.

fury02
Sep 13, 2003, 11:06 AM
Yeah it would be cool, and it could bring up the PSOX population.

G4_Hedgehog
Sep 13, 2003, 01:27 PM
It's one of the biggest differences between the Xbox and the GC version. It's also a major letdown.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: G4_Hedgehog on 2003-09-13 11:28 ]</font>

marcus_com
Sep 13, 2003, 01:32 PM
yeah, and theres hacking on all of the servers so that shouldnt be a good enough reason to have m separated.

Ketchup345
Sep 13, 2003, 08:41 PM
I think the biggest thing may be the language barrier. Few people can speak enough of the other languages to play this game with someone from a country that doesn't speak the same language. GC has keyboards, so its not that bad, as you can try and figure out what something means, when with the communicator, you have only a short time before either you forget what was said or someone else says something that needs to be translated.
But thats only my opinion.

OriginalLacan
Sep 13, 2003, 08:45 PM
its not like sonic team can't write a little code to link allow them to communicate with each other. so maybe there is a possibility in the future. I mean PSOX has that language translating function, so it would be kind of dumb to not ever have plans to link them. they might just be waiting for the individual servers populations to reach their peak and stabilize.

Davion
Sep 13, 2003, 09:02 PM
On 2003-09-13 18:45, OriginalLacan wrote:
its not like sonic team can't write a little code to link allow them to communicate with each other. so maybe there is a possibility in the future. I mean PSOX has that language translating function, so it would be kind of dumb to not ever have plans to link them. they might just be waiting for the individual servers populations to reach their peak and stabilize.

I don't think they can translate live voice chat.

Coxy
Sep 13, 2003, 10:36 PM
On 2003-09-13 19:02, Davion wrote:

On 2003-09-13 18:45, OriginalLacan wrote:

I don't think they can translate live voice chat.

I would prefer using a keyboard anyway, i mean yeah the voice chat is cool, but sometimes i just can't be arsed listening and talking

OriginalLacan
Sep 14, 2003, 01:03 AM
I was referring to text rather than voice chat. But many in the EU can speak some english too, so it would be win win.

Balbarei
Sep 14, 2003, 02:53 AM
Hey
When PSOX was released Sonic Team and Microsoft said
they couldnt link the server because of "security problems" at MS >_<

fuuchann
Sep 14, 2003, 05:06 AM
Well if thats the case they shouldnt have made word select they should have taken that feature out ,and added new boards are something i mean, I seldom see canadian online like i use to. I mean im sure the europeaning people would appreciate talking to us ,b ecause most of the people in there country dont spk english so the ones that do have to suffer . It just would be a win win to me if the servers were linked,because they are getting new content now.

AndyPandy
Sep 14, 2003, 06:14 AM
On 2003-09-13 11:32, marcus_com wrote:
yeah, and theres hacking on all of the servers so that shouldnt be a good enough reason to have m separated.

Yeah but we are talking Sonic Team here. FFS, the 1.0 and 1.1USAEU servers are still seperate....why?

Balbarei
Sep 14, 2003, 08:40 AM
Because Ver1.0 had Duping Glitch offline.....

AppieDPC
Sep 14, 2003, 10:09 AM
On 2003-09-14 06:40, Balbarei wrote:
Because Ver1.0 had Duping Glitch offline.....

And 1.1 doesn't?
Keeping them seperated is useless.
1.1 is just as "fucked up" as 1.0 http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif
Little side note: be happy that PSOX USA is not linked to the EU, because all those people from France refuse to speak English http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

zimmk2vgc
Sep 14, 2003, 12:12 PM
On 2003-09-14 00:53, Balbarei wrote:
Hey
When PSOX was released Sonic Team and Microsoft said
they couldnt link the server because of "security problems" at MS >_<

Because America has always had the worst cheating rate. Thanks a lot guys!

fuuchann
Sep 17, 2003, 07:53 AM
i just figure it would be a great addition to the pso population,not to mention since meeting a lot of eu, and jp people on gamecube who can spk english,Its not like its gonna be extremely hard to communicate with them.So it would be alot of fun if it ever happens.

Asia_Skyly
Sep 17, 2003, 10:05 AM
I do not see what the big deal is. Granted we do not speak the same language and we probably will not be able to discuss the ramifications of Voltaire in French Philosophy. But who cares? We are talking PSO, all we care about is having a good time killing some baddies. The only questions that matter are, where are we going, do you need help, help me over here. All of these have a short cut with the quick menu. Many of the Xbox users also have a keyboard. So what is stopping us is certainly not language. After all this is the internet age. Lets get with it.