PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know if you can still go online with the import if yo

Cromlea-Tear
Sep 13, 2003, 03:15 PM
Yeah, since my GC pwnt me when I got it modified last year, my mom no longer wants me to get the damn thing modified (even by professionals), so I ordered the Freeloader. Now I'm wondering if it's possible to still go online if you import PSO EP. 3 and use the Freeloader and US modem...

Symbios
Sep 13, 2003, 04:34 PM
I dont think so, because you got it modded.

Guntz348
Sep 13, 2003, 04:56 PM
I have an Un-modded GC and use free loader. It lets me go right on line with ep III trial, and I'm pretty sure it works on episode one and two online, so you should be fine.

Cromlea-Tear
Sep 14, 2003, 06:57 AM
I guess I forgot to state that I also bought a new GC. Thanks a lot though. I'm relieved to know that I can still go online with the import without my GC modded. Phew!

rena-ko
Sep 15, 2003, 10:19 AM
huh? since when can you get a PAL cube get modded to play US / JP games?
i thought this is not possible unless someone invents a mod-chip and noone seems to...

RedFox
Sep 17, 2003, 08:29 AM
On 2003-09-15 08:19, rena-ko wrote:
huh? since when can you get a PAL cube get modded to play US / JP games?
i thought this is not possible unless someone invents a mod-chip and noone seems to...

its still not possible to mod a PAL cube, its probably possible but theres very little intrest

also i was wondering... i have a US cube running a PAL copy of ep1&2, if i wanted to buy a US copy of ep3 would that mean that i couldnt take it online or would i need to buy 2 HLs? i doubt a PAL copy of ep3 will run using freeloader...

rena-ko
Sep 18, 2003, 10:14 AM
i guess you'll have to buy 2 HLs... or you buy the newest freeloader, if there is needed one - might be cheaper.

Link00seven
Sep 23, 2003, 10:08 PM
I cannot comment on the freeloader as my GC is modded.

You can go online with a US modem or BBA though. I've used both, and I play the JP PSO EpI&II Ver 1.1

HairyGoat
Oct 5, 2003, 11:14 AM
I am importing EP III and I am getting freeloader. We were talking aobut this at IGN and you can go onlien with a US modem and a Japanese copy of EP III. Also, a Japanese HL is cheaper than an american one so I am defintily getting that.

Zaneatron
Oct 5, 2003, 11:22 AM
this is likey to get locked now due to the bump hairygoat. the mods will ask you not to do it in future.

HairyGoat
Oct 6, 2003, 09:40 PM
On 2003-10-05 09:22, Zane-online wrote:
this is likey to get locked now due to the bump hairygoat. the mods will ask you not to do it in future.

Sorry, I don't post on the boards much but it was on the first page so I thought it was a realtively new topic. Sorry about that mods, I didn't look at the date.