PDA

View Full Version : NOOB'S and NEWBIES

DaremoX
Sep 14, 2003, 01:48 AM
I think that anyone over level 20 is no longer a noob/newbie.

Maybe they don't have the same as you or i in experience but, they have the basics. this game isnt that complex really.

it is funny i was a dc vet (legit and cheater), an di am a 130 plus on here, and people call me a noob, just to try and be funny.

intolerance yet again ina different form. sad isnt it....

_Sinue_
Sep 14, 2003, 02:02 AM
You'd be surprised how many lvl 120+ characters out there don't even know the basics of the game. About the saddest moment on PSO v.1 for me was stopping to feed my mag and have some HUnewearl ask me what I was doing. I told her I was feeding my mag.. to which I got a "..., I didn't know you could feed mags", response. Ugh.. she was lvl 90.

I've encountered that a few times already on Ep II. >_<

Tyrael-UK
Sep 14, 2003, 02:32 AM
LOL, take it from a noob that is level 20, this game is basic, yes slash slash, kill, kill and level at the end, while looking after a digital pet, that gives you more power, but the story line is more confusing then watching the matrix for the first time, i hate it when your made to know less then evryone else in the entire game.

But in some ways i guess it's better to be a noob, because atleasti somthing to look forward to, another challenge, more monster to smack over the head with my Gigush. I guess when i have completed both episodes and reached about level 150, then i have the right to call my self good.

Butoden
Sep 14, 2003, 02:35 AM
Nah you can be lv 6 and not be a noob. It depends on the experience you have on other characters. People stop calling you a noob when you're lv 20 or so http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

T-280
Sep 14, 2003, 05:11 AM
some ppl can have lvl 5 chars and not be noob. jut think about corruption. u lose all ur chars. but just cuz u lose all ur chars dosnt me u lose ur iternal exp (u know how u get use to things in games and stuff)

Kent
Sep 14, 2003, 05:50 AM
There are so many level 100+ newbies online, it isn't even funny. Seriously, how can someone that always attacks monsters head-on not be a newbie? Generally, for the best chances of survival, attack groups of enemies from the sides or behind. A head-on attack can be good sometimes, with specific weapon-types, but with slower attacking weapons, like daggers and claws, it's best to attack from the sides or behind. As if that weren't obvious enough...

AndyPandy
Sep 14, 2003, 06:12 AM
Everyone was a noobie once, its just that some people will always noobies no matter what level they are at.

zimmk2vgc
Sep 14, 2003, 06:40 AM
There was this one guy who got ina real strop just for using my LEGIT weapons that have been duped like crazy all over the place. It was ultimate temple so using my legit TSumikiri J-sword and Black king bar. Accusing me of being a noob...and I was the only one not dying! Got my own back, took him to battle with a my skyly fonewarl with lv 30 megid...lets just say a common use of megid a reverser for twenty minutes made me feel very good inside.

hucasts_rock
Sep 14, 2003, 07:31 AM
yes it's very sad...a friend of mine was playing an open game in ultimate and using a flowens sword...a HUmar comes in with duped bkb/TJ and was amazed to see a flowens sword because he's only used his 2 weps throughout his levelling and has never seen a flowens sword before...that...is...pathetic http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_nono.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: hucasts_rock on 2003-09-14 05:34 ]</font>

Dragonzero
Sep 14, 2003, 09:13 AM
Yep, I had a level 96 HUmar and 54 FOmar, but I had an unfourtunate memory card losing accident. I obviosly have more "internal" experience than before because I beat normal Dark Falz on lvl. 15, where as my Humar destroyed IT on 38! I'm now level fourty three and on veryhard ruins, I wonder what level I'll be on when I get to ultimate...
Oh ya, i'm offline, so I am therefore LEGIT.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dragonzero on 2003-09-14 07:17 ]</font>

muff
Sep 14, 2003, 09:37 AM
On 2003-09-14 04:40, zimmk2vgc wrote:
...my legit TSumikiri J-sword...

Heh

Dhylec
Sep 14, 2003, 10:08 AM
On 2003-09-14 04:12, AndyPandy wrote:
Everyone was a noobie once, its just that some people will always noobies no matter what level they are at.

true! some ppl dont learn.. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Kildin
Sep 14, 2003, 10:45 AM
What's wrong about being a newbie too?

clance
Sep 14, 2003, 11:31 AM
Someone called me a n00b and spread around that I wasa n00b because when we killing falz I was on a killing rampage and shot falz accidently once when he was sole sharing...Lame

zimmk2vgc
Sep 14, 2003, 12:15 PM
On 2003-09-14 07:37, Cubis wrote:

Heh

Yes I have unsealed it...but I've forgotten now becuase of that remark and I was gonna post it...oh what a pity...guess no one will ever know.

Symbios
Sep 14, 2003, 12:20 PM
On 2003-09-14 10:15, zimmk2vgc wrote:

On 2003-09-14 07:37, Cubis wrote:

Heh

Yes I have unsealed it...but I've forgotten now becuase of that remark and I was gonna post it...oh what a pity...guess no one will ever know.

it takes so long to unseal it (according to one person who claims he unsealed it), its imprinted into your mind, so its obvious that you are lying when you say that you unsealed it.

muff
Sep 14, 2003, 12:28 PM
On 2003-09-14 10:15, zimmk2vgc wrote:

Not that I care or believe you.
If your going to lie, lie good.

PABLOparavida
Sep 14, 2003, 07:01 PM
If you act like a noob you are a noob.

Capricornus
Sep 14, 2003, 07:30 PM

You just lost your credibiltity on this forum.
I wouldnt post anymore if I were you

Primrose
Sep 15, 2003, 04:59 AM
These forums show best that character level doesnt necessarily reflect the players skill and knowledge...

Coxy
Sep 15, 2003, 08:05 AM

not true

there is newbie and n00b

the difference being the newbie already knew about the game, maybe even read the manual, then went and did it by themselves a n00b is always asking for help/money/weapons

Lone_Wolf_Nasca
Sep 15, 2003, 10:13 AM
yes it's very sad...a friend of mine was playing an open game in ultimate and using a flowens sword...a HUmar comes in with duped bkb/TJ and was amazed to see a flowens sword because he's only used his 2 weps throughout his levelling and has never seen a flowens sword before...that...is...pathetic

I agree. People are depending more on powerful rares rather that in their skills. Its really sad http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif.

oeagrus
Sep 15, 2003, 10:37 AM
There was this one guy who got ina real strop just for using my LEGIT weapons that have been duped like crazy all over the place. It was ultimate temple so using my legit TSumikiri J-sword and Black king bar. Accusing me of being a noob...and I was the only one not dying! Got my own back, took him to battle with a my skyly fonewarl with lv 30 megid...

<sarcasm>
I know this guy is telling the truth because he not only solved that 'cold fusion' thing but also invented an internal combustion engine that runs on ordinary tap water.
</sarcasm>

Maybe he feels if he lies to himself long enough then it isn't really a lie anymore. Just obfuscated reality.

AndyPandy
Sep 15, 2003, 10:49 AM
On 2003-09-15 06:05, Coxy wrote:

not true

there is newbie and n00b

the difference being the newbie already knew about the game, maybe even read the manual, then went and did it by themselves a n00b is always asking for help/money/weapons

Ah sorry, I Obviously have to brush up on my queens English some more http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

s.TiNgEr
Sep 15, 2003, 11:31 AM
..it's Newb....not n00b
hehe.... or is there a difference?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Stinger08 on 2003-09-15 09:34 ]</font>

Coxy
Sep 15, 2003, 10:18 PM
On 2003-09-15 08:49, AndyPandy wrote:

not true

there is newbie and n00b

Ah sorry, I Obviously have to brush up on my queens English some more http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Damn right http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

s.TiNgEr
Sep 16, 2003, 07:08 PM
not true

there is newbie and n00b

ah i see

Big-Enki
Sep 16, 2003, 08:16 PM
noobie is the way you play the game not the time you have spent playing it!

Auracom
Sep 16, 2003, 09:04 PM
Well to me newbie is someone who just got the game and doesn't really know what they are doing. Nothing wrong with that. But N00B/noob/whatever your variation is means moron to me. But I don't really go throwing that around... I like to make friends not enemies. I do argee that there are way too many people who don't know how to play this game because they rely souly on dupes.

err and If you're gonna use dupes atleast don't lie about it...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Auracom on 2003-09-16 19:05 ]</font>

Blackwaltz-R
Sep 16, 2003, 10:42 PM
*goes to another thread and copies and pastes a post he made on the same topic*

>>a noob isnt just some1 new to a game, theirs several types of noobs, first theirs the inexperienced noob, who asks for HELP instead of ADVICE, they want you to do things FOR them instead of teaching them to do it themselves, OR they just want to know the EASY way to do things, and theirs the disinformed noob, these are noobs that are just shut off from information from lack of association with those with info, OR they dont TRY to GET the info on their own, and depend on OTHERS for info, though i cant forget theirs yet one other type of noob, this type of noob is new to gaming in GENERAL, never EVER played a game in their life, and once the miracle of online gaming gets to them, they need help on EVERYTHING, they cant do ANYTHING on their own, and their illiterate to the gaming world, i call them noob scrubs, and finally, theirs the noobs that are just noobish cuz they are young, i guess ill call them... the pubescent noob and the purile noob, from young teenage noobs to noobs the are under 12, and nothing helps a noob than helping them help themselves, whether its through advice or constructive flaming as I like to call it, but ONLY when necessary, not to truly be a helpful azzhole.<<

basiclly i consider a noob someone who cant help themselves at all, or just doesnt try, others are just lazy who will go aroundding begging for weps the SECOND they sign on for the first time, OR head to forums and beg for weps BEFORE they even get the game, also its often used when some1 makes one of those simple but inexcusable mistakes or comments about somethn thats usually common sense or common knowledge lol *uncontrollably analytic*

Buuyon
Sep 17, 2003, 11:32 AM
[quote
[/quote]
yeh i bet you did unsealit..wait i lied...there is only one person who knows how and its nicca (i think) he is the only one who found it and un sealed it...the chances of you finding a sj and then unsealing it before any one...is so fucking low...the bkb i can see cuz me my self have fouind a the mkb...finding the sealed i can see cuz my friend has found one...but i know you din unseal it...

Arinoma
Sep 17, 2003, 05:35 PM
There's more noobs in the English language than noobs at the game, but they often go hand in hand.

HUShadow
Sep 17, 2003, 07:37 PM
hmm...I'm a newb when it comes to online-terms, such as 'dupe'. I've heard it all over this place and I haven't found out what it means. Yes, pathetic, I know, but I have at least some experience. Heck, level 63, VHard Caves...I'm always saving my friends' butts...

P.S: Someone care to share what 'dupe' means. Gah, this is embarrassing...

BlackRanger
Sep 17, 2003, 07:54 PM
Just a few days ago a lvl 136 didn't know how to use techniques

-benjamin-
Sep 17, 2003, 07:56 PM
hehe, dupe means that someone has got an action replay (or similar) and duplicated a weapon using game codes, most of these weapons were hacked (created using the action replay anyway, for example if you enter a game and someone drops a CHAINSAWD+99 for you to use and it has like 100% to hit, native and dark, start to act suspiciously (sp?) (sp? means spelling? (sp?) )

( i havnt got online on my gc yet, basing my info solely on dreamcast, so if dupings changed please correct me =) )

1 thing i will coment on about no0bs, (even i did it in dc vers.1) is that there 1st char is ALWAYS a HUmar!!!! because they use spells and daggers/swords, if theyre a girl its usually a FOnewearl/HUnny tho

when i started gc i made 1 HUmar as my 1st char for old times sake, hated him for not being able to shifta/deband/reverser/grants/megid and deleted him as soon as i discovered this (made a HUcast, and i love it =) )
but my fave char is my secondary char (secondary only in level) my RAmar, i cant wait to get him into ult and find a weapon that does good dmg to ult enemies without being hit =) on the other hand i just found a demo comet for my HUcast = o well

i now have bought 3 mem cards and have somesort of idea about most of the classes (my sis/friends have some of the char slots, but in total i have all 12 chars/all 10 sec id's with 3 purplenum rangers lol)

the ones i like are ramar, hucast, hucaseal, fomar, fonewm

the ones i dont like are racaseal, humar and fomarl (can i just ask what is the advantage to being a racaseal? is she the "defence" ranger? coz my ramar has never died (i dont let things get close enough) so to me she seems pointless)

o well theres my 2 cents, allthough i live in england so technically there pennies, hehe =)

but rather than critising no0bs shouldnt we try to help them? like evolve them from no0bs to newbies?
=)

Olga-Rappy
Sep 17, 2003, 07:59 PM
On 2003-09-17 17:54, BlackRanger wrote:

...Dear god, tell me he was an android.

HUShadow
Sep 17, 2003, 08:02 PM
Hey, I just like the balance in a HUmar. I also have a FOmar, and I just made a RAmarl (I think it's marl...)

XshinimoriX
Sep 17, 2003, 08:06 PM
i am sorry i love noobs they make u feel so good about yourself because you realize that you are not nearly as ***tty as they are so to all the noobs out there keep being noobs and yes LET ME MAKE FUN OF YOU!!!

s.TiNgEr
Sep 17, 2003, 08:32 PM
On 2003-09-17 17:54, BlackRanger wrote:

wow...

BlackRanger
Sep 17, 2003, 08:57 PM
He was a Humar...

Blackwaltz-R
Sep 18, 2003, 12:08 AM
he must have been one of those noobs that never knew that he could change his config... and as for dupe, theirs no need for long explanations, its just short for duplicate, its and simple and concise as that.

Coxy
Sep 18, 2003, 12:34 AM
On 2003-09-17 17:56, -benjamin- wrote:
hehe, dupe means that someone has got an action replay (or similar) and duplicated a weapon using game codes, most of these weapons were hacked (created using the action replay anyway, for example if you enter a game and someone drops a CHAINSAWD+99 for you to use and it has like 100% to hit, native and dark, start to act suspiciously (sp?) (sp? means spelling? (sp?) )

( i havnt got online on my gc yet, basing my info solely on dreamcast, so if dupings changed please correct me =) )

1 thing i will coment on about no0bs, (even i did it in dc vers.1) is that there 1st char is ALWAYS a HUmar!!!! because they use spells and daggers/swords, if theyre a girl its usually a FOnewearl/HUnny tho

when i started gc i made 1 HUmar as my 1st char for old times sake, hated him for not being able to shifta/deband/reverser/grants/megid and deleted him as soon as i discovered this (made a HUcast, and i love it =) )
but my fave char is my secondary char (secondary only in level) my RAmar, i cant wait to get him into ult and find a weapon that does good dmg to ult enemies without being hit =) on the other hand i just found a demo comet for my HUcast = o well

i now have bought 3 mem cards and have somesort of idea about most of the classes (my sis/friends have some of the char slots, but in total i have all 12 chars/all 10 sec id's with 3 purplenum rangers lol)

the ones i dont like are racaseal, humar and fomarl (can i just ask what is the advantage to being a racaseal? is she the "defence" ranger? coz my ramar has never died (i dont let things get close enough) so to me she seems pointless)

o well theres my 2 cents, allthough i live in england so technically there pennies, hehe =)

but rather than critising no0bs shouldnt we try to help them? like evolve them from no0bs to newbies?
=)

Hate to burst your bubble but you don't even need an action reply, if you've never been online with pso then you can still dupe easily, but i'm not gonna tell anyone here how to (half of you probably already know anyway)

Basara
Sep 18, 2003, 02:28 AM
I donīt know how to dupe. Really donīt want to learn either.

Hopefully I will get online sometime with some friends and play.

I was called a noob a couple of days ago since I asked a guy what rares he had. IS that beeing a noob?
Then Iīm a noob yes. Otherwise no.

Didnīt play that much on DC, I can agree on that. But now on GC my first character was a fonewm. Iīm pretty proud of it now. Since I have a friend that plays alot more than me I tag along with him since all we want is exp and rares. This is all done offline. So everything is legit.

I havenīt finished hard with my lvl 82 fonewm, the reason is that I donīt have the time to play that much.

Itīs intresting to read this kind of thing. I just hope that I get some really good rares someday while playing offline. So far the best thing I have gotten is a Grass Assasins arms, and that ainīt to good so I hope that there are better stuff somewhere.

Stag Cutterly, I really would want that for my hunewearl. To see the animation from it.

And yes, my humar that I have made makes me feel alittle sick cause of his lack of techniques. So Iīm wondering if I should erase him... and make a Hucast och Hucaseal...

There is alot of just going straight on. Atleast with a hunter/ranger. With a force I have gotten the impression that you should stay away and blast em with magic =) If they come to close, run...

Lone_Wolf_Nasca
Sep 18, 2003, 08:33 AM
Stag Cutterly, I really would want that for my hunewearl. To see the animation from it.

Sorry to brake it to you, but the Stag Cutterly is a exclusive weapon to male Hunters and Rangers http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif . So you will have to find something else. ~.~

SnowReaper
Sep 18, 2003, 11:23 AM
On 2003-09-17 22:34, Coxy wrote:

=)

Hate to burst your bubble but you don't even need an action reply, if you've never been online with pso then you can still dupe easily, but i'm not gonna tell anyone here how to (half of you probably already know anyway)

Yea there is a few ways to dupe offline .. or online.. i do know a way but i dont do it O.o; i hate cheating >< and if i did end up dupeing its basiclly being a newb counting i cant play the games by the rules O.o; so i dont.. cuz im a good boy XD

Rudoku
Sep 18, 2003, 12:54 PM
On 2003-09-15 08:13, Lone_Wolf_Nasca wrote:

yes it's very sad...a friend of mine was playing an open game in ultimate and using a flowens sword...a HUmar comes in with duped bkb/TJ and was amazed to see a flowens sword because he's only used his 2 weps throughout his levelling and has never seen a flowens sword before...that...is...pathetic

I agree. People are depending more on powerful rares rather that in their skills. Its really sad http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif.

Or maybe he didn't have a Skyly. I didn't see any version of Flowen's Sword until I made one, and killed a Hard Hildebear. Hell, the first time I saw a DB's Saber was in Ultimate...now they won't stop coming...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rudoku on 2003-09-18 10:57 ]</font>

Coxy
Sep 18, 2003, 01:12 PM
On 2003-09-18 09:23, SnowReaper wrote:

On 2003-09-17 22:34, Coxy wrote:

=)

Yea there is a few ways to dupe offline .. or online.. i do know a way but i dont do it O.o; i hate cheating >< and if i did end up dupeing its basiclly being a newb counting i cant play the games by the rules O.o; so i dont.. cuz im a good boy XD

well i know that at least one way is patched, i have no idea if any others, without the help of any devices, work or not

Blackwaltz-R
Sep 18, 2003, 03:38 PM
On 2003-09-18 00:28, Basara wrote:
I haven?t finished hard with my lvl 82 fonewm, the reason is that I don?t have the time to play that much.

if you dont have time to play, how did you get to level 82 on hard mode? thats right their shows your a n00b, not as an offense, just stating the obvious, cuz it would tale ALOT of time to lv that much on just hard mode, and yet, u say u DONT have that much time to play. o_O

Nohra
Sep 18, 2003, 04:04 PM
*cough* It's called the shopdupe, and it's fairly easy to do. There's also the lagdupe, which bypasses the double save patch. Which means that the only thing the double save patch does for us is give us a chance of losing every damn thing we have. X3

Anyways. I like this topic. ^-^ There was a similar one posted on the http://www.natural-selection.org forums. Lemme just summarize...

"A newbie is someone who is new to the game. We were all one at one time or another. They're the kind of people who come in to a game, and ask politely, 'What is this?' or 'How do you play'? These are the kind of people we want to encourage to keep playing, because with a little experience, they'll be as good or better than we are."

"A n00b is someone who comes into the game and instantly starts demanding, 'HMG HA JETPACK PLEEEZE.' (An aside - Anyone who knows NatSel knows that you can't have heavy armor and a jetpack. X3) These are the kind of people who begin to grate on your nerves from the first time they open their mouth, and you want nothing but to get as far as possible as you can from them."

Remember the difference. Newbie is based on the word New, as in, "He's just new to the game, give him a little time." A n00b is based on the l337in word n0, which in English is 'no.' These are the kind of people you want 'no'thing to do with. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Basara
Sep 19, 2003, 02:27 AM
And look there =)

Just shows how much I know about that. Does anything that counts as a double saber go for a female hunter?
Or double sword for that matter?

Iīll just have to play alot more and learn this stuff =)

I would really hate if someone I was going to buy something from tried to trick me into buying a dupe. That would suck so hard. If you can have that kind of weapon, what is the big deal with trying to level up and finding these rares?
Nothing gives for that then =(

I love the excitment when I find a new rare special weapon and I donīt recognize the stats. I really like the thrill that I get then.

Iīm having thoughts about what kind of characters I should use. My main is my fonewm, but then Iīm having problems if I should use a fonewearl as well...
and then comes a Hucast and a Hunewearl. Hunewearl thanks to her magic usage.

But what the heck, weīll just have to see what comes to =)

Capricornus
Sep 19, 2003, 09:47 AM
Remember the difference. Newbie is based on the word New, as in, "He's just new to the game, give him a little time." A n00b is based on the l337in word n0, which in English is 'no.' These are the kind of people you want 'no'thing to do with. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

I like to think that n00b is written with 2 '0' (numeric)
reason is quite obvious

Nohra
Sep 19, 2003, 10:16 AM
On 2003-09-19 00:27, Basara wrote:
And look there =)

Just shows how much I know about that. Does anything that counts as a double saber go for a female hunter?
Or double sword for that matter?

I?ll just have to play alot more and learn this stuff =)

I would really hate if someone I was going to buy something from tried to trick me into buying a dupe. That would suck so hard. If you can have that kind of weapon, what is the big deal with trying to level up and finding these rares?
Nothing gives for that then =(

I love the excitment when I find a new rare special weapon and I don?t recognize the stats. I really like the thrill that I get then.

I?m having thoughts about what kind of characters I should use. My main is my fonewm, but then I?m having problems if I should use a fonewearl as well...
and then comes a Hucast and a Hunewearl. Hunewearl thanks to her magic usage.

But what the heck, we?ll just have to see what comes to =)

I stand by my HUnewearl firmly, mainly because of the level 20 techs, and also because the HUmar doesn't get Shifta and Deband. X)

The RAcast is also a firm choice, my primary character before corruption was a RAcast at level 132. They get a large number of freeze and damage traps, and confusion traps aren't really that great in large numbers (you'll be using freeze traps a lot more, trust me).

The FOnewearl's high mind max is very useful, because with level 30 resta and maxed mind, she heals 1070 HP. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif But she only gets a bonus on basic techniques and Megid, whereas the FOnewm gets a bonus on Ra and (I think) Gi techs.

There are also people who swear by the HUcaseal and RAcaseal, the former because it has a very high max evasion (the highest belongs to the RAmarl), and the latter because it has the highest max DFP.

All in all, it comes down to how you play the game. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

starhealer
Sep 19, 2003, 11:17 AM
I adore my FOnewearl. She has the best TP resevoir in the game and her MST makes taking out enemies a sinch, along with casting support spells. Granted, she only has boosts in simple techs and Megid, but more often than not I find myself using Barta and Foie, instead of their stronger counterparts, anyhow. (RAbarta I use for the freeze, no the damage.) Plus she can cast more spells in general since simple techs take less TP than GI or RA techs.

And don't knock the Megid bonus. A FOnewearl's Megid can pierce, which makes it a godsend in the Seabed.

FOnewearl + Megid + Seabed = no more monsters very quicky.

Nohra
Sep 19, 2003, 11:22 AM
On 2003-09-19 09:17, starhealer wrote:
I adore my FOnewearl. She has the best TP resevoir in the game and her MST makes taking out enemies a sinch, along with casting support spells. Granted, she only has boosts in simple techs and Megid, but more often than not I find myself using Barta and Foie, instead of their stronger counterparts, anyhow. (RAbarta I use for the freeze, no the damage.) Plus she can cast more spells in general since simple techs take less TP than GI or RA techs.

And don't knock the Megid bonus. A FOnewearl's Megid can pierce, which makes it a godsend in the Seabed.

Very true, but E2 monsters also have very high dark resistances, making the megid bonus that much more precious http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Nie
Sep 19, 2003, 06:54 PM
I don't know if this has been posted and if it all ready has sorry. But anyways... Just because you're a low level character doesn't mean you're a noob. People never get that when ever I start on a new charcter (on number 7 now) and I get called a noob it ticks me off. I usually come back with the big boys and prove to em that just because someone is using a low level character doesn't mean they're a noob!

Sorry for da rant,

Trev

Kent
Sep 19, 2003, 07:03 PM
On 2003-09-19 09:22, Nohra wrote:

Very true, but E2 monsters also have very high dark resistances, making the megid bonus that much more precious http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Actually, they have very low dark resistances, which is what makes Megid so effective there.

HUShadow
Sep 20, 2003, 12:05 AM
T_T I don't see what's so bad about HUmars...do people just think they're the easiest to play as? Well, whatever. They're balanced. Some good techs, good HP, good ATP, etc, plus, I like the big swords http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif That's just how I am. I always pick humans with swords. That's what I did in the LotR RPG, it's what I did in PSO. And I'm stickin' with my HUmar 'till well after I get to Ult. I've worked too hard on him! 150+ hours, lv 65, VHard Mines, and a souped-up mag...yeah, I'll wait for about an other fifty levels or so before I start the hard-core FOmar training.

Nohra
Sep 20, 2003, 01:06 PM
On 2003-09-19 17:03, Kent wrote:

On 2003-09-19 09:22, Nohra wrote:

Actually, they have very low dark resistances, which is what makes Megid so effective there.

Really now? I've run around on East Tower with a buddy of mine that has Megid30 and watched him megid away about 8 - 10 times before actually killing something. And this was with Dark Bridge in hand. X)

Nohra
Sep 20, 2003, 01:09 PM
On 2003-09-19 22:05, HUShadow wrote:
T_T I don't see what's so bad about HUmars...do people just think they're the easiest to play as? Well, whatever. They're balanced. Some good techs, good HP, good ATP, etc, plus, I like the big swords http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif That's just how I am. I always pick humans with swords. That's what I did in the LotR RPG, it's what I did in PSO. And I'm stickin' with my HUmar 'till well after I get to Ult. I've worked too hard on him! 150+ hours, lv 65, VHard Mines, and a souped-up mag...yeah, I'll wait for about an other fifty levels or so before I start the hard-core FOmar training.

I have a few objections to HUmar.
1.) No S&D. S&D = Life for any hunter, android or no. In fact, I've started making sure all of my mags have Twins on them. X)
2.) Average stats. Because they're balanced, they don't really excel at anything.
3.) Low tech level cap. 15? That's nothing. Especially with their mind max.
4.) Sheer number of idiots running around begging for rares as HUmar. Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

There are many good HUmar players, I'm sure, it's just that I see so few of them, I'm rather jaded. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Basara
Sep 23, 2003, 01:40 AM
I got scared when I saw that the tech lvl only was 15. Since I tend to be quite weak at melee combat and I donīt want to use a ranger. I like standing acros the room and firing techs at em. Or going in for the kill with hand to hand combat as I do now with my fonewm. Angry fist or some glove =) Works wonder, still have the faster animation for throwing techs and I do some recent damage. 68+ in Ultimate Caves I think it was...

And Humars, my first choice on DC was a humar, since it was for beginners and had balanced growth potential. Now I tend to stick with more magic than sheer power.

And yes, freeze traps will be used alot, that I can really say since I have seen a friend of mine save his but with 1 freezetrap in Ultimate Caves. Ob lily, or whatever, practically everything freezes and what does this mean? Free hits!!

Confusion traps are good for placing, standing tall and taking some hits, then run like hel as the enemies take care of eachother for you =)

Iīm working on a mag now, itīll become a Rati for my Hucast. Having Farlla, Pilla and Mylla & Youlla seems like a good idea right?

And I was surpised when I got a photon blast, I used the dolphin, the first one that a ranger gets. With a force I used this and it took 1200+!! How the hell did that happen? My friend that has Pilla, that takes 1300 and he has alot of more ATP than I do. I used a fonewm.

idiotman
Sep 24, 2003, 03:25 PM
i hate noobs running around at level 1 saying
"give me weapon" until u have to give them something to make them shut up and then they just run off.
also i spent 6 months getting black king bar and t j sword legit and then u get noobs at level 20 with all mats used and pow mags with duped versions. they are just running around saying they are experts and u spend about 30 moons on them. then it seems like all my hard work (Half a f***ing year) wasted.

Berzerker
Sep 27, 2003, 07:05 AM
I wouldn't call my self a noob as I'm lv 105 and I collect everything my self. But, I haven't managed to get online yet, so I'll be asking if ppl can help me from the spot. Would that exactly make me a noob? Not my fault if I haven't got on yet and I need a little bit of help to get me started is there? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif I wouldn't consider my self as a noob at all really...
You shouldn't really complain about noobs too much, it not really their fault, they really only just started and getting used to it. If you teach them, then 1. They wont do the things that annoy you, 2. They'll be that little bit wiser.

Neo_Slayer
Sep 27, 2003, 07:11 AM
i don't consider myself being a newb that much. i still don't know somethings and i periodicly ask people what ceratin things are within the game.

Olga-Rappy
Sep 27, 2003, 08:08 AM
Basara - I suggest the Demolition Comet, or Twin Blaze.

FOnewearl is excellent against large foes, like Sinows, Hildes, Bosses, and my friends' HUcast, RAmar, and FOmar with a DEMOLITION COMET, NUG-2000 and C-SORC'S CANE in Battle Mode. Megid, and those high-power basic spells can kill pretty much anything in one hit.

For rare-hunting and room clearing, I like my FOnewm. Nothing beats running around and blowing things up in Level 32 Rafoies. (Devil/Technique)

I definitely think I'm not a n00b, and probably not a newbie I rarely die with either force, and my first/only character on DC was FOnewearl, and my first on GC was a FOnewm. I don't beg for items, I simply trade for them with the Mags I raise - it's sort of a proffesion: I get somebody the 150 POW Nidra they want, I get a nice Rare in return. (In that case, it was a Prophets of Motav) When I trade for things, I always check percents, and I make sure whomever it's coming from could have reasonably found that item.

Actually, if anyone wants a Mag, and has goodies/cash to trade for it, I'm usually around on Antares/5, as one of the Forces in my signature.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Olga-Rappy on 2003-09-27 06:12 ]</font>

Kent
Sep 27, 2003, 09:46 AM
On 2003-09-27 06:08, Olga-Rappy wrote:
For rare-hunting and room clearing, I like my FOnewm. Nothing beats running around and blowing things up in Level 32 Rafoies. (Devil/Technique)

Units can't boost techniques over level 30...

Logical2u
Sep 27, 2003, 10:52 AM
To me, n00bs are the people who go around every lobby spamming "Giv m3 f733 RARES!" at level 1.

Also the people who name themselves after copyrighted characters. *COUGHTrunks,goku, sepheriothCOUGH*

Newbie's (I dont call them that, I call them Beginers) are the people before level 50 without much common knowledge. Once you get to around VHard you should have everything figured out. At least I did.
Newbs (to me) are people that use uber rares at level 20 or lower (or higher!) and make me look bad by spamming OMGLOLZN00B! Everytime I do 0 damage when I'm higher level then them but legit.

MAGusZ87
Sep 27, 2003, 11:09 AM
heh heh, that guy saying he has a legit Tsumikiri J-sword sounds like a newbie

Berzerker
Sep 27, 2003, 01:47 PM
my mate got a new gamecube and PSO recentaly and played for about an hour maybe more, got to lv 6 then quit. But, he managed to corrupt his memory card, even though I told him what would happen if your pulled it out or switched the power off while saving. Me not sure what he did, but he has played with a character on my card and lvled him up to lv36. Now that what I call a nOOb or newbie http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif which ever one you class him as http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

some_guy
Sep 27, 2003, 03:56 PM
I might call myself a noob but not really beacause i get everything myself but am at lvl.26 and only play offline (that will soon change). I never knew how to get rare weapons via cheating until i read this thread. But i do have a copyrighted name... if anyone knows how to change name if possible please tell me how

Berzerker
Sep 27, 2003, 04:08 PM
Change ya name on PSO? As far as I know ya cant! I wish I could, I thought of a way better one. But I dont think you can without cheating...you cant without cheating, depends if your willing to cheat or not

Loser
Sep 27, 2003, 05:16 PM
On 2003-09-24 13:25, idiotman wrote:
i hate noobs running around at level 1 saying
"give me weapon" until u have to give them something to make them shut up and then they just run off.
also i spent 6 months getting black king bar and t j sword legit and then u get noobs at level 20 with all mats used and pow mags with duped versions. they are just running around saying they are experts and u spend about 30 moons on them. then it seems like all my hard work (Half a f***ing year) wasted.

yeah ok i don't think so..and just to really see if your not lieing , tell me how

Berzerker
Sep 28, 2003, 03:36 AM
On 2003-09-27 15:16, Loser wrote:

yeah ok i don't think so..and just to really see if your not lieing , tell me how

[/quote]
Yeah, that a good point, tell how

Olga-Rappy
Sep 28, 2003, 05:56 AM
On 2003-09-27 07:46, Kent wrote:

Are you sure? That would suck not only because it's a wasted slot, but because it's a newbie mistake. Jeez, and I just traded the HUcast I mentioned a Partisan of Lighting for that God/Technique...

Primrose
Sep 28, 2003, 06:46 AM
On 2003-09-28 03:56, Olga-Rappy wrote:

On 2003-09-27 07:46, Kent wrote:

Are you sure? That would suck not only because it's a wasted slot, but because it's a newbie mistake. Jeez, and I just traded the HUcast I mentioned a Partisan of Lighting for that God/Technique...

Yes its true, i can confirm.

Olga-Rappy
Sep 28, 2003, 07:08 AM
Well if you can confirm, why not show me the hyperlink?

AlphaDoom
Sep 28, 2003, 08:30 AM
Lets just say this, who ever uses dupes or any other sort of cheat is a noob. Probably about 20 percent of people play legitly online and a high possiblity offline. The real players are the 1s who get through it legitly.

Jonathais_GC
Sep 28, 2003, 05:46 PM
amen to that!!

ace13
Sep 28, 2003, 06:11 PM
A post and not a flame to zimmk2vgc. I'm sorry but you're not posting how to unseal a J-sword because you don't how to. Everywhere including this site are posted how people "think" they can unseal it but still no posts or how tos' on how to do it. I believe TeamSega put the unsealed J just to mess with peoples minds. I've played this game for a very long time and have yet to see a real unsealed j-sword much less have anyone honestly quote exactly how to.

SungKwon
Sep 28, 2003, 06:23 PM

not true

there is newbie and n00b

Finally! Someone who knows the difference. Except my siblings who play are both. ("But I like my Justy better than my Inferno Bazooka!") ("Gimme that Gobooma's Claw!" "You have Yamatos" "SO!? ITS A GOOBOMA'S CLAW!!!") ("GIMME THOSE GRINDERS AND MATERIALS!") ("Can I have 400 000 Meseta?") Jeezus this gets annoying after awhile, especially being twice their level and a Force, when they're a Ranger and a Hunter... hehehehheh...

Uh... does it make me a newbie if I didn't know you could use Reverser in Battle Mode and it bring them down to 1?

SungKwon
Sep 28, 2003, 06:25 PM
On 2003-09-28 06:30, AlphaDoom wrote:
Lets just say this, who ever uses dupes or any other sort of cheat is a noob. Probably about 20 percent of people play legitly online and a high possiblity offline. The real players are the 1s who get through it legitly.

I'm level 91 with a Legit 101 Sato... of course I know how to Dupe and Multiequip, I just don't do it! Especially being Leader of LPSO, I have to remain Legit...

But yea, a level 43 HUcast with Yamato +6's and begging for me to dupe/multiequip for him has issues...

SungKwon
Sep 28, 2003, 06:32 PM
On 2003-09-15 08:13, Lone_Wolf_Nasca wrote:

Amen to that! I have to rely on 1000+ MST than a Club of Laconium. I'm a level 91 FOnewearl with an Ila with 155 Mind, so there is my 1000+mst http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

HUdax
Sep 30, 2003, 12:44 PM
I guess I'm 'new' to PSO...I had the DC version, and never played online...didn't even get past De Rol Lie (pathetic. I know.), got the NGC version, am now level 59, own a pair of Grass Assasin Sabers (legit) and trying to beat Dark Falz on Hard mode.

Da_Wrecka
Oct 1, 2003, 05:10 PM
<snippity>
On 2003-09-19 08:16, Nohra wrote:
The FOnewearl's high mind max is very useful, because with level 30 resta and maxed mind, she heals 1070 HP. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif But she only gets a bonus on basic techniques and Megid, whereas the FOnewm gets a bonus on Ra and (I think) Gi techs.

Actually you're wrong. While FOnewearls do get a boost to simple techniques (30% power apparently - though it's not quite as cut-and-dried as that if my experiences are anything to go by) and Megid, (penetrates naturally, whereas any other Force's Megid will fizzle after it hits one enemy regardless of result unless they have a Dark Bridge equipped, or possibly one other weapon that I forget right now) they also get a boost to Resta and Anti in the form of range. This does, however, come at a price - FOnewearls only have 50% Shifta and Deband range.

Going off at a tangent though FOnes still make better support FOs than FOmars. Because while a FOnewearl suffers that S/D range penalty, S/D runs out infrequently enough that you can afford to tell your teammates "Get over here for S/D" while the Resta and Anti boosts are used much more often. FOmars, while they have a doubled Shifta and Deband range suffer from a halved Resta and Anti range - so for the opposite reasons a FOnewearl still excels as a support FO, a FOmar sucks as a support FO. They're good for defence though, as they get Gi- tech boosts and Gifoie is quite an effective disabler.

No FO beats a FOmarl in the support stakes though. She gets doubled range for ALL of the above listed techniques.

On 2003-09-20 11:06, Nohra wrote:
Really now? I've run around on East Tower with a buddy of mine that has Megid30 and watched him megid away about 8 - 10 times before actually killing something. And this was with Dark Bridge in hand. X)

I think you misunderstand what the resistances actually mean. In the case of EDK, it affects the chances that a Megid hit will FAIL to work. EFR/ETH/EIC/ELT all reduce the damage those types of techs affect. However, low resistance does NOT necessarily mean guaranteed effect. If a monster has 45 EDK and you're launching L30 Megid there's still a 45% chance for each hit that it will fail to work. There's no hard and fast rule for whether Megid will work, except that L30 Megid and 0 EDK = it'll always work, and 100+ EDK = Megid never works. Dark Bridge only makes Megid penetrate, it doesn't make it more effective.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Da_Wrecka on 2003-10-01 15:23 ]</font>

SungKwon
Oct 1, 2003, 09:18 PM
No Dark Bridge for us FOnewearls! Megid penetrates already!

DOG21313
Oct 1, 2003, 09:39 PM
The other day I was online and I made a game called Legit Trades, but someone named Excel came in and started saying Legits stink, and told me I was a noob because I'm legit... It's just the way I play the game...

Basara
Oct 2, 2003, 01:30 AM
Does Multi-Mode offline say anything to you? The most often I played with a friend at his console. He plays alot more than me and so he is able to get in to Vhard 20-100 days before me. When we play we usually use his console and Iīm helping him out. Thatīs how I got to lvl 84 without finishing hard...

Now Iīm lvl 95 and I have practically just finished Hard a few days ago... playing in Ultimate sure is fun =) lots of exp anyway.

And I donīt have much time to play myself, but when my friend asks me if we can play in a weekend then I often say yes and then we play alot in 3 days, thatīs how we have leveled up quite a bit and still havenīt been to Ultimate Ruins or Mines 2.

And I didnīt see where the quote button was so I have to type this instead... sorry.

Black King Bar? Why not, I just have to find it first.

About beeing noob while using registered names, I kinda disagree with that since what names should you use otherwise? A name like Heqrik wouldnīt fit my fonewm, Basara does pretty much fit him very much since I tend to use foie techs and in the anime, Basara is firered most of the time singing his heart out. He has a kind of magic, that is what my fonewm Basara also has =)

And since I havenīt been online and played yet so I really donīt know much about it beeing online but why dupe the stuff? I really donīt find anything good with it, the time and passion that you feel when you find something rare and it turns out to be exactly what you want then how much joy do you not feel? I feel alot of joy when I found my Double Saber in hard VR Temple from the boss.
Why want to take this joy away? it bothers me.

KnucklesZ5
Oct 2, 2003, 10:04 PM
On 2003-09-14 00:32, Tyrael-UK wrote:
LOL, take it from a noob that is level 20, this game is basic, yes slash slash, kill, kill and level at the end, while looking after a digital pet, that gives you more power, but the story line is more confusing then watching the matrix for the first time, i hate it when your made to know less then evryone else in the entire game.

But in some ways i guess it's better to be a noob, because atleasti somthing to look forward to, another challenge, more monster to smack over the head with my Gigush. I guess when i have completed both episodes and reached about level 150, then i have the right to call my self good.

....the Matrix made perfect sense to me at first.

Berzerker
Oct 3, 2003, 10:49 AM
1. noobs can be a range of ppl. I would say someone new is someone that doesnt know tatics and the basics. Someone who charges straight in, gets hurt but thinks "I'll be ok! I have healing items/resta!" then they run out and get worried. 2. The matrix made sense to me the first time I saw it...well, pretty much. 3. Justy rocks compared to Inferno Bazooka, Inferno Bazooka way to slow for my likeing.

Naagata_Clan
Oct 3, 2003, 01:13 PM
Newbies are the people I like playing with. I go into a Normal game with my lvl. 120 + FOmarl hoping I'll find an Invisible Barrier..... and they are always asking me things, and all I do for them is keep them S/D, and keep the enemies J/Z. Ihit a few things now and then with my Double Saber to recover Tp, but that's about it. Newbies are nice, because they are normally curious and willing to learn whatever your willing to teach them... (Note I said NORMALLY).

n00bs are the WORST. They resort to name calling if you give them advice. They don't accept anything as a helpful item unless it has at least 1 yellow star. They constantly bug you for S/D, and just expect you to go out of your way to keep them S/D and to Resta them every single time they get their butts beat because they decided to charge into a room with a badly underleveled character using duped equipment. To my experience, they resort to calling me names because I don't accept duped items, which really bothers me.

However... I have noticed that character levels don't mean anything. I ran into a level 42 character the other day that didn't know the value of leveling a mag... (level 42 and his mag was... Mag). He was a nice fellow so I advised him to level his mag and such. Where as I ran into a level 1 character boasting that he was unbeatable and saying that Yuki (My Lvl 120+ FOmarl) would take it up the Azz from his lvl 1 HUmar. Naturally I tought him a lesson in Grants... but the point is... he was what I would brand a n00b.

I guess the difference in the two is all attitude right? although I have been considered a n00b because I role play online, and Yuki is very tempermental... you result to calling her names, she an't doing diddly squat for you... regardless of how long you sit there... hee hee hee...

Alteisen
Oct 3, 2003, 01:51 PM
You sound like someone I'd have fun playing with, actually. S'too bad we're on different consoles an' all, but yeah.

Anyway, back on topic, I'd have to agree with the ones who consider "newbies" to be... well, "new" to the game, and "noobs / n00bs" as people who are the most annoying thing since (Insert popular band you do not like here). In fact, ever since I joined a message board-based RPG last year, I've been going by the following belief ever since:

A "newbie" is someone who's new to the game. He will ask questions if he is unsure of some things, listen to good advice, and gain experience over time. It's best to promote a newbie's growth potential, for he could be much better than you over time.

A "n00b," however, is... is... my GOD, do I hate them. They demand items and money from you, demand that you change things to please them, and generally throw a temper tantrum when you tell them "no." And having to put up with that for a year as a moderator in the RPG, well... that's not a good thing, especially when most everyone falls under the "n00b" title.

As for PSO, I haven't really encountered much "newbies" and such in PSOX, save for my friend Mazinkaiser, who's relearning the game. I even had to do a little relearning myself, and there are still more things that I have to learn about.

I try not to rag on newbies; I mean, after all, we've all been newbies once, right?

idiotman
Oct 3, 2003, 03:38 PM
the way i unsealed the tj sword is thatbi just tried all the things that are supposed to work and after trying the kill 2500 monsters thing it changed into the tj sword. the way i managed to do that all without dying was to play the retired hunter quest on normal 26 times. the black king bar was pretty easy. i had already got a monkey king bar and the case was just to buy a blue black stone from paganini using my photon drops i had found over a year.

Ryo_Hayasa
Oct 3, 2003, 07:20 PM
point simple.
the word "newbie" isn't used in it's context anymore.
newbie, no longer means newbie.

basically when some idiot gets mad at you for making a mistake, they call you a "newbie" because you didn't do something they liked. it's all so stupid...
example? sure.

i'm a Fomar, we were at the Ice dragon, i chose not to leave a pipe, heck i could beat the thing on my own, then the "room leader" yelled at me for not leaving a pipe.
i was abotu level 115, he was level 108.
he called me a n00b.
ok....class...questions?

just don't call people newbies, it is true we were once all newbies at one point then again newbie isn't just what it means. (if that makes sense)
newbie is also considerd a mentality (in my opinion) you can be level 184, and still act like a newbie.
i hope that helps someone out there.

PABLOparavida
Oct 3, 2003, 09:13 PM
noob basically means someone who is weak

PABLOparavida
Oct 3, 2003, 09:14 PM
noob basically means someone who is weak

monkeyfist
Oct 3, 2003, 09:21 PM
double post, naughty naughty

weak does not mean n00b
nonunderstanding of the rules/etiqutte (sp) means n00b.

PABLOparavida
Oct 3, 2003, 09:37 PM
most online think that if you're weak and die a lot you're a noob no matter what lv you are.

Primrose
Oct 4, 2003, 09:28 AM
On 2003-09-28 05:08, Olga-Rappy wrote:

I do not rely solely on Forum discussions or game guides, i think you should have found out pretty fast that youre not making a difference in damage by equipping the unit.
But if you want a hyperlink, i can proudly show you one. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wet-trout.gif

http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=67031&forum=7&8

Garm
Oct 4, 2003, 12:45 PM
I'm begging for weapens as diska of bravemans or other 9 stars cause i haven't found them. but I never asked for a weapon that people need or their first find of the weapon (i was soooo happy with a blade dance no %'s) and only ask if they say stuff like: another one, lol...
does this make me a n00b?

Olga-Rappy
Oct 4, 2003, 08:38 PM
On 2003-10-04 07:28, Primrose wrote:

On 2003-09-28 05:08, Olga-Rappy wrote:

I do not rely solely on Forum discussions or game guides, i think you should have found out pretty fast that youre not making a difference in damage by equipping the unit.
But if you want a hyperlink, i can proudly show you one. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wet-trout.gif

http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=67031&forum=7&8

Here's a newbie - somebody citing a post I made about a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT question regarding the unit. Sure that's stupid, but only a Forum newbie would answer somebody like that.

See, Primrose here is why we need to become socialist and institute mandatory applications for permission to raise children. What I can't figure out, is how a baby could have a piano dropped on its head and not die.

Keepw hacking yourself with the trout. Maybe you'll hit something back into place.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Olga-Rappy on 2003-10-04 18:39 ]</font>

Primrose
Oct 5, 2003, 05:24 AM
aaaaaww... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_kuddel.gif

Someone took it very seriously...
Olga-Rappy, i just wanted to show you that your persistence is not always justifiable.
True, it was a different question, although the difference is not that big, both are mentioning Technique level limits, but if you are able to read than read it, because exactly that question has been answered.
So, you cant exceed the Technique level limit with units and it has always been like this, ever since Phantasy Star Online came out, and im talking about the Dreamcast version.
Now quit fretting and shake hands, it was not meant evily... okay?

Olga-Rappy
Oct 5, 2003, 11:39 AM
Whatever you were trying to say, there's a difference betweene exceeding in game limits (like 150% Native) and exceeding a class-specific limit.

For example, Level 39 Foie just plain doesn't exist. Sort of like Level -10 Resta. Level 26 Foie does, however, it just is only usable on forces.

bluefull32988
Oct 5, 2003, 09:31 PM
if i ever encounter anybody that is that stupid i will stop playin pso i am sorry but i think it diserves that much respect asleast

Primrose
Oct 7, 2003, 07:01 AM
to Olga-Rappy:
Hm, its getting confusing...
I think i will have to quote a few things to make it more understandable.
when you said For rare-hunting and room clearing, I like my FOnewm. Nothing beats running around and blowing things up in Level 32 Rafoies. (Devil/Technique) somebody said that units cant boost Techniques past level 30, and i said i can confirm, you then answered Well if you can confirm, why not show me the hyperlink? and thats when i showed you the link to your thread, where this has been answered, here:

On 2003-10-03 17:30, Sounomi wrote:

On 2003-10-03 17:26, BIZKIT wrote:
So youre saying if a force had a lvl 28 tech and a 29 tech if he had two wizard/tech. thing both spells would only be 30? instead of one being 30 and the other 31? That's right.

So i just wanted to show you that the level 32 Rafoie you mentioned above is not possible, i know your topic was discussing a slightly different question, but in the end, it lead to the same result, meaning, there is no level 32 Rafoie.
Now, im sorry for getting quite off topic.

Like many people mentioned above, there are two types of Newbies, and i share this opinion.
The Newbie is the one that just started playing and is not too familiar with the game, and is in a learning process, and we all were new to the game once, remember.
So if i would call somebody a Newbie, if at all, it would be the one that just never seems to learn, learn things like which enemies are weak to which elements, what are the attack patterns of the bosses, which rooms are filled with traps and where are they, to know how to customize buttons etc. all things i call basic knowledge.
People that never learn are the so called Newbies, not the ones that really are new to the game.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Primrose on 2003-10-11 13:14 ]</font>

Voltis_V
Oct 7, 2003, 09:29 PM
My definitions:

A noob would say:
"IM NEW 2 THIS GAME CAN I HV FREE STUFF PLZ"
"HELP I CORRUPTED I NEED FREE STUFF"
"FREE STUFF 4 THE NOOB PLZ"

A newbie would say:
"Hey I'm stuck on this one part. Think you can help?"
"What specific elements on weapons can help me throughout this game?"

Or if you want, they can be the same thing.

Lord_of_Nightmares
Oct 7, 2003, 10:50 PM
I am called newbie a lot, first of all I role play my character, so my force its a support and friendly type (well was... died to a 10 old kid sniff goodbye chikage u where a good 154 character), latly I have create a new hunny, and people call me a newbie because I use a s-rank twin (I made it), and dragon slayer.

Also I donīt help dumpers, if they die I donīt help them, unless they ask, of if I am with a force, and they just want me to shifta deband and not even a thanks.

Come on I donīt even combo for twin, I mean, u are using a tj with 100 in all the zones (well 3), and u still need more power?

Sorry about my bad english.