PDA

View Full Version : evasion difficulty

flueggy
Sep 14, 2003, 12:44 PM
i was wondering how much evasion is required for your character to block every time or most of the time on every difficulty level?

Dillon
Sep 14, 2003, 12:49 PM
If I'm correct..evasion just makes the attacks miss..so I think it's defense that allows you to block attacks. I'm not sure though.

But either way, I'd say about 800+ if possible at all. But still, even if it was 1000, there's still enemies that you couldn't block in Ult..believe me.

Soukosa
Sep 14, 2003, 12:52 PM
On 2003-09-14 10:49, Dillon wrote:
But either way, I'd say about 800+ if possible at all. But still, even if it was 1000, there's still enemies that you couldn't block in Ult..believe me.

Maxed out EVP on HUcauseal and Del Set still can't block all of the attack in V. Hard and that's like 1100 something EVP.

Ketchup345
Sep 14, 2003, 12:53 PM
If I'm correct..evasion just makes the attacks miss..so I think it's defense that allows you to block attacks. I'm not sure though.

He means EVP, as DFP only makes you take less damage with physical non-boss attacks. He wants to know how much EVP you need to block almost every attack in each difficulty.

Episode 1: At about 700 EVP I block all of Normal and 99% of Hard.

Tenton
Sep 14, 2003, 01:02 PM
almost all the powerfull attack is unblockable(and they r those attacks that might 1 hit kill u>.<)

the best way is to bring some scape dolls with u when u enter ep1 bosses and runes, ep2....u need scape dolls for all stage^.^, but thi is in vh and ult of course.

HUShadow
Sep 14, 2003, 01:07 PM
Aw, great. Another thing to look forward to in VHard...dying faster. Well, once I'm level 60 I'm gonna go for Falz and get VHard (I know I could probably have kicked his ass at fifty, but I want re-assurance). *Sighs* Two levels to go...

PABLOparavida
Sep 14, 2003, 02:39 PM
Wow that's a lot of DEF and EVP.

Kent
Sep 14, 2003, 03:04 PM
My FOmar has about 800 EVP and blocks most of the attacks directed at him in Ultimate Forest.

Lone_Wolf_Nasca
Sep 14, 2003, 03:41 PM
I have about a 1000+ EVA and I can evade almost all attacks in Ult forest and Ult caves (90%).However in Ult mines and Ult ruins about half of all attacks (45-55%).

vegeta000110
Sep 14, 2003, 04:57 PM
My Fone blocked about 99.5% of multi normal attacks in caves with only 450-500 EVP.

Hrith
Sep 15, 2003, 12:22 PM
I think, I can help you here, having a Lv 160 RAmarl http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

I am able to max my EVP to 900 with God/Legs, using then a SECURE FEET and AURA FIELD for very high EVP -- 1273 exactly.

From 1070 on, Bartle & FOREST El Rappy cannot hit me.

From 1100 on, Vulmer & TEMPLE El Rappy cannot hit me.

From 1110 on, Bartle cannot hit me.

From 1160 on, GoVulmer & FOREST Hildelt cannot hit me.

Now at 1273, TEMPLE Arlan and Merlan cannot hit me.

Tollaw, FOREST Gulgus & Gulgus-gue, RUINS Arlan & Merlan, TEMPLE Hildelt, SPACESHIP Gulgus, TEMPLE & CAVE Ob Lily, TEMPLE & FOREST Hildetorr, Pal Rappy, SPACESHIP Gillchich & Dubchich still hit me but it is VERY rare

I can block Love Rappy, TEMPLE & CAVE Mil Lily, TEMPLE Del-D, TEMPLE & CAVE Crimson Assassin, SPACESHIP Gulgus-gue, TEMPLE & FOREST Mothvert, Canabin 75% of the time.

I can block MINE Gillchich & Dubchich, RUINS & SPACESHIP Delsaber(3-hit combo), RUINS Arlan & Merlan, Merillia, Dolmolm 50% of the time.

I can block Melqueek, Claw, RUINS Del-D, RUINS & SPACESHIP Delsaber(Claw strike & Jump attack), Meriltas, Ul Gibbon, Dolmdarl 25% of the time, or less.

CAVE & SPACESHIP Pan Arms, Nano Dragon, Pouifully Slime, Pouilly Slime, CAVE & SPACESHIP Hidoom & Migium, Sinow Blue, Sinow Red, Sinow Berril, Sinow Spigell, MINE & SPACESHIP Baranz, RUINS & SPACESHIP Gran Sorcerer, TEMPLE & RUINS Indi Belra, Bulclaw, Dark Bringer, Zol Gibbon, Gibbles, Gee, Mericus, Merikle, Del Lily, Mericarol, Gi Gue, Recon, Morfos, Delbiter, Deldepth, Ill Gill, Sinow Zoa, Sinow Zele can still hit me all the time, or it is as if.

And I don't think it is possible to have more EVP than I do, I mean enough to make a difference. Except if you equip several armors and shields at the same time, which I definitely don't wanna do.

I think I listed all the ultimate monsters, hope that helps http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kefka on 2003-09-15 10:23 ]</font>

Crono200
Sep 15, 2003, 03:09 PM
I Can help too, my Humar maxed EVP too at 756 with aura field and Kasami i would get about 1147 evp.
I block all forest monsters online and caves monsterss and i block about 50/50 chance with mines monsters online... now offline is different i block ult F1-C3 and i block the mines monsters too but like 2/3 chance though the sinows never hit me http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Genoa
Sep 15, 2003, 05:33 PM

800 something !!! No way, I have 800 something and I only block 50% of the time on Ult Forest! Just imagine Ult Seabed Chambers. I doubt you can be able to ALWAYS block. Besides, the things that can't be blocked no matter what like a Gilchich shot probably hurt us the most. So i'd just worry about my Defense. My friend (hucast) says if you have a good Attack Power, you don't need a good Defence. Then he got to the ruines and got shot by a Beltra Arm. Fell like a Monkey shot by a Rocket Launcher.... though I havent actually seen that b4 i'm asuming it would have looked like that http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

flueggy
Sep 15, 2003, 05:33 PM
i am a RAcast and with DF field and stanstill shield i would get 1032 evp is that good?

Genoa
Sep 15, 2003, 05:40 PM
Yeah that would be good. Block alot of stuff on Forest and Caves. Not sure bout Mines and Ruins.

TheTrueJanus
Sep 15, 2003, 05:51 PM
I've always been very confused about EVP and DFP.....just when I think I begin to understand it, something screws up my theory. My level 96 Hucaseal has about 990 EVP, and she still gets hit by things in Ult Forest and Caves, yet my level 135 Humar can block everything in Ult Forest and Caves, yet he only has about 900 EVP. For some reason I think it has something to do with your EVP and level.....possibly.....I dunno

Genoa
Sep 15, 2003, 06:10 PM
haha they can hit on your HUneweal but not your HUmar. Strange. Maybe your HUneweal attracts the monsters because of her "looks" and they CAN'T Miss a pretty Lady http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif Oh but they hit my RAmarl. Is that a diss or what!

flueggy
Sep 15, 2003, 07:16 PM
maybe dfp and evp act together to help put each other its just a theory though

Genoa
Sep 15, 2003, 07:19 PM
OR!!! Maybe Shields just make you block more than Barriers http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif ... QUOTE just a theory...

flueggy
Sep 15, 2003, 07:56 PM
which equipment does everyone think is best for blocking on a base of 700 evp (base evp)on ultime in general, in other words which equipment is best for a maxed out on evp RAcast (max evp 699)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: flueggy on 2003-09-15 17:59 ]</font>

LordOfTrees
Sep 15, 2003, 10:18 PM
pulse ring and ragol ring give so much def together

DarkShinjaru
Sep 15, 2003, 10:38 PM
If you had 0 Evp and say, 100 defense, you'd still block attacks accordingly. You block just fine without a shield too; I prefer not to block..I like being knocked down rather than being juggled around.

Hrith
Sep 16, 2003, 09:45 AM
The way DFP affects blocking is simple : if a monster isn't powerful enough to damage you (or you have very high DFP), it will deal 0 damage, and a monster needs to deal at least 1 to hit you, that's all http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

About the RAcast with over 1000 EVP with a STANDSTILL, it is definitely good, since STANDSTILL has very high DFP, highest of all shields, but rather low EVP -- for a rare high Lv shield http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif -- therefore over 1000 is good, you either used lots of Evade Materials or are at a very high Lv, like above 170 !!!

btw, flueggy, the best EVP equipment for a RAcast is LUMINOUS FIELD (or a very good ELECTRO FRAME or a very good DF FIELD) and TRIPOLIC SHIELD (but I think its look sucks).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kefka on 2003-09-16 07:49 ]</font>

flueggy
Sep 16, 2003, 03:56 PM
and what' the best equipment for a RAmar, RAmarl, and FOmarl

Hrith
Sep 18, 2003, 07:24 AM
On 2003-09-16 13:56, flueggy wrote:
and what' the best equipment for a RAmar, RAmarl, and FOmarl

Well, if you mean EVP-wise it's AURA FIELD (or a very good LUMINOUS FIELD) and TRIPOLIC SHIELD or SAFETY HEART (Ramarl, FOmarl) or SECURE FEET (RAmarl, RAmar).

Lone_Wolf_Nasca
Sep 18, 2003, 09:41 AM
Ok, so all this talk about wich shield/barrier has the highest EVA, just made me wonder... Wich armor/frame has the highest EVA and DEF !?

Hrith
Sep 19, 2003, 10:29 AM
1st AURA FIELD
2nd LUMINOUS FIELD
3rd VIRUS ARMOR:Lafuteria

Nohra
Sep 19, 2003, 10:40 AM
Yeah, Aura + Tripolic is a fairly good evasion combo. As I recall, Tripolic has one of the highest EVP of any shield (although, I don't use it because its elemental %s are rather sad. X))

Ooooh, Virus Armor is sweetness. I love the Parasite line. X) Not in the least because of the 20% dark resistance... >.> *is megid impenetrable!*

Hrith
Sep 19, 2003, 11:18 AM
Virus Armor has 15 EDK and 15 ELT, not 20.

Nohra
Sep 19, 2003, 11:28 AM
The parasite line has 20% dark. I'm not high enough level yet to make the Virus armor. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

flueggy
Sep 19, 2003, 05:46 PM
how much evp do you require to block most of vhard's attacks

Tekershee
Sep 21, 2003, 04:26 AM
I'm sure HP also matters in this.

I'm sure if you get over a certain amount of HP taken off you, you fall over but if it did 1hp damage less,you wouldn't

Maybe if it takes nothing of you, it blocks..

Hrith
Sep 22, 2003, 10:38 AM
Exactly, but HP isn't the matter, DFP is. Both if you wish http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Higher HP, or DFP means no falling down, which can be deadly !!

DFP matters more than HP, anyway