PDA

View Full Version : XBox: How come my X-BOX PSO subscription never ran out?

Soniku17
Sep 14, 2003, 01:51 PM
Ok yeah, I bought PSO about five months ago if my memory serves me correctly, and I subscribed to get the free Hunter's Licsense less than a week after purchasing the game.

I played maybe about for 10 days at the most online, and I quit after that (10 VERY spread out days).

Now keep in mind that I bought the game in May (maybe April?), and here it's September and I decided to go online with it today, just to see what would happen. Well it turns out that I can still get online, how is this possible?

Is it that you only get billed for each day you play, and not just each day of your subscription?

All help appreciated, thanks.

Edit: I forgot to mention that I haven't been auto-billed on my credit card, so that's out of the question.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Soniku17 on 2003-09-14 11:55 ]</font>

zimmk2vgc
Sep 14, 2003, 02:29 PM
remove this topic quickly, people might get suspicious!

No really, I thought you box guys got a year free of live?

Jkid
Sep 14, 2003, 02:30 PM
You get billed every time you reach your Xbox Live 1st subscription date. So if you subscribed to Xbox Live in April 1st, then you'll be billed for your HL on July 1st (Assuming the two month free trial period is up)

Soniku17
Sep 14, 2003, 02:57 PM
But that would be saying that I should have been billed already, which I haven't.

I guess I'm lucky since it would have just been a waste anyway.

Weird, eh?

Edit: Check out my post on GameFAQs: http://cgi.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.asp?board=113775&topic=10053949

You can't exactly always trust what those people say (GameFAQs users), but if that's really the truth, then something is definitely not right here.

It might be wise for me to cancel my subscription now, hmm.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Soniku17 on 2003-09-14 13:02 ]</font>

ActiveX
Sep 15, 2003, 10:24 PM
You automatically get billed once your two months of free trial end. Call 1-800-4my-Xbox to cancel your HL and or find out how much you've been charged so far.

Balbarei
Sep 16, 2003, 02:33 AM
If i wear Soniku i wont call as long its free ^_^