PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion

Ketchup345
Sep 14, 2003, 05:07 PM
In the Who's Online section at the bottom, why not make it alphabetical, and separate the Mods from normal users?

Zaneatron
Sep 15, 2003, 04:05 AM
I agree, finding people is a hassle when looking at the bottom of the forum pages, especially if ur looking for whos the moderator, i also feel that we should be able to see who is modding, because i understand if ur an admin u cant be seen, and some mods cant be seen either, which is quite annoying if u need help and u want to kno who it may be comming from. i understand why u cant be seen, but if there are 4 active mods and none of them are on the list its easy to work out who they are, and even then we could just pm the active mods. ive had my rant its time for some breakfast

eRUPT
Sep 15, 2003, 05:10 PM
If you are looking for someone just look at their profile and see if they are "Active".

Anyone on this site deserves their privacy if they want it, and this VERY well includes admins/mods. Be happy I at least put them in the active mods count still regardless if they are hidden.

The alphabetical thing I dunno. I don't really feel like adding sorting to that, I don't see all that much the point of sorting more stuff.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: eRUPT on 2003-09-15 15:13 ]</font>

Zaneatron
Sep 15, 2003, 05:17 PM
i guess ur point is valid, but the alphabetical sort cant hurt. i guess i mainly want it cos im lazy and looking at small print like that is hard on me. i would only want it so i knew generally which end of the list to look at to find somones name.
also the active/non-active thing is quite wrong at times, ive been looking at my own page in the past and it says i was non-active so it isnt that accurate.
i only talk to friends anyway. i may look like a peadophile but i sure as hell aint one, and i would never stalk anyone, maily cos i have better things to do, but what am i going to acheive, staling someone on the internet who probably lives in a different country.
anyway, read this at ur lesiure (hmmmm stupid place to put this really) i doubt ill change ur mind.

-wishing i was part of the team

p.s. do u guys get paid? (e.g. mods/admins)

muff
Sep 15, 2003, 05:21 PM
p.s. do u guys get paid? (e.g. mods/admins)

O' course they do...

Thes smile on everyones face is enough payment, JK.

eRUPT
Sep 15, 2003, 05:22 PM
Actually the Active/Non-Active thing has a 100% accuracy if you are not a hidden user. If you are in the who's online table you are in the Active table since its pulled from the same database.

We get paid nothing, most of the Mods/Admins all have full-time jobs besides this. Some also goto school on top of their outside jobs. We actually spend our money on this place for contests and such, so we lose money running this site. I just got home from work a few mintues ago myself.

Zaneatron
Sep 15, 2003, 05:32 PM
hahaha poor you. why, doesnt tomeeboy contribute to compo's?
anyway the point i was making was that ive been online, looking at my profile and it said i was non-active. thats the point im making

eRUPT
Sep 15, 2003, 05:48 PM
Tomeeboy and Gideon are the founders of the site, frankly they have no active roles in the sites operations, but will remain to be listed for having been the original creators, I have been the head of the site in their place for over a year now.

Saladwood
Sep 15, 2003, 05:48 PM
says active to me

Zaneatron
Sep 15, 2003, 06:00 PM
hahaha founders, me thinks a revoloution is in order.
anyway back to the issue in hand, this was a while ago, before i started posting crap all over the site (not in a bad way)
i find it quite funny in how we are basically having a chat through a forum whe it is totally inappropriate here..........anyway i dont care about that.
i got the "u get paid" idea from abdur101 he mentioned it in a thread not that long ago, somthing about getting paid, i guess i tried to put 2 and 2 together to get 27 but it didnt work.

[edit] i find it quite funny how u say uve been in charge of the site for over a year and yet you have such a low post count compared to the others, there are even normal people with more posts, who said posts were anyhting to go by though.
p.s. i think symbios wants someone to e-mail him reguarding his banning, u just have to look at his profile......

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zane-online on 2003-09-15 16:03 ]</font>

LollipopLolita
Sep 15, 2003, 08:53 PM
i find it quite funny how u say uve been in charge of the site for over a year and yet you have such a low post count compared to the others, there are even normal people with more posts, who said posts were anyhting to go by though.

there is nothing funny about that nor nothing odd. erupt is the head of the site and takes care of all important technical issues and he doesn't need to spam or mod. mods would need to post more. so it all makes sense. i think it says a lot.

Sashi
Sep 16, 2003, 01:37 AM
On 2003-09-15 18:53, LollipopLolita wrote:

i find it quite funny how u say uve been in charge of the site for over a year and yet you have such a low post count compared to the others, there are even normal people with more posts, who said posts were anyhting to go by though.

there is nothing funny about that nor nothing odd. erupt is the head of the site and takes care of all important technical issues and he doesn't need to spam or mod. mods would need to post more. so it all makes sense. i think it says a lot.

Plus, codding does not write itself. Neither do the contests. People put too much into post counts. It's the quality, not quanity that matters. I wish more people everywhere would realize that.

postcount++;

Sowwies, couldn't resist. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sashi on 2003-09-15 23:38 ]</font>

Zaneatron
Sep 16, 2003, 11:41 AM
i think i was a little vague in my last post. i did say "u say uve been incharge....." i do believe and i can tell he is the acting head as it were (because gideon and tomeeboy still own the site), i can do this mainly from looking at the staff page.
also i would like to say i dont place any special reference on post counts, i only use it as a reference to determine how much they like to talk and so fourth, i would say how long they have been a member but there a joined date so that would be pointless, but the number of posts usually is a reflection of how long sombody has been a part of psow. and when i said i found it funny, this wasnt laughing funny, this was strange funny, id get a thesarus to quote other words with the same meaning, and a dictionary while im at it. i wasnt laughing at erupt, i also have way too much respect for this site and all the people who work for it.
finally , what happened to iceblink?

ok i lied when i said finally, also would it be possible to have some screens of the menus on the trial versions of EP3 with translations, for those of us to lame to work it out, mainly because i was hoping to borrow a trial version off a friend just to see what its like offline?

if anyone takes these comments seriously i thank you, if u dont well...........meh

Zaneatron
Sep 16, 2003, 11:44 AM
On 2003-09-15 23:37, Sashi wrote:

Plus, codding does not write itself. Neither do the contests. People put too much into post counts. It's the quality, not quanity that matters. I wish more people everywhere would realize that.

postcount++;

Sowwies, couldn't resist. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sashi on 2003-09-15 23:38 ]</font>

it does if u use frontpage or dreamweaver heeheehee (I use frontpage)
can anyone tell me how forums are created. thx (sorry if its off topic)

LollipopLolita
Sep 16, 2003, 11:51 AM
but the number of posts usually is a reflection of how long sombody has been a part of psow.

not necessarily. erupt has been here since march, obviously. besides he's on the quieter side when it comes to chatter, especially needless chatter. a lot of people with high post counts have such high counts because of needless posts.

iceblink is no longer a moderator because he doesn't have time for it and is busy doing other things.

also would it be possible to have some screens of the menus on the trial versions of EP3 with translations, for those of us to lame to work it out, mainly because i was hoping to borrow a trial version off a friend just to see what its like offline?

what other menu translations do you need other than the ones we alreayd have under ep 3 guides? have you checked the guides?

http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?section=Episode+3&op=viewtopsection

it does if u use frontpage or dreamweaver heeheehee

coding for the site goes beyond those two progs. besides, dreamweaver writes junky code.

can anyone tell me how forums are created.

phpbb but the codebase has been modified by erupt so much it's no longer phpbb.

Zaneatron
Sep 16, 2003, 12:11 PM
sorry about the guide thing, i thought it hadnt been done, my bad i guess, ill have to go check it out, thx for the link.
i was thinking on a webpage basis for the 2 programs i mentioned, obviously it cant be dont by them alone, but most of the basics can be covered by them, comon i made a website, and its pants, in a generic sense. ur english is probably better than mine lolli (u sound well educated)
is there anywhere i can find info on php and bb code cos im getting quite interested in all this web stuff, and being able to create forums might be cool for my AVCE IT web publishing unit. thx for any help, and im sorry, again, for being such a hobo and not thinking that u lot had made translations, thx for that

Sashi
Sep 16, 2003, 09:11 PM
http://phpbb.com/

CGoodness
Sep 16, 2003, 09:15 PM
On 2003-09-15 15:22, eRUPT wrote:
Actually the Active/Non-Active thing has a 100% accuracy if you are not a hidden user. If you are in the who's online table you are in the Active table since its pulled from the same database.

actually, I had a post a while back where i was asking about that since I was online and my info column thing said non-active not just to me but to everyone that read the post and I even checked to make sure i wasnt a hidden user

but it may have been my computer considering the site also kept telling me that I was banned haha