PDA

View Full Version : What was your first weapon? (rare, trade, etc.)

MagnumOpus
Sep 14, 2003, 06:15 PM
Hello Ragolians....

what was your first weapon? And not the one you start the game with, one that you might have found, might have traded for, or one that someone nice might have given you to help out a newb...

Mine was a havoc gladius, I thought it was the coolest thing, even though it isnt rare, but, I was a newb, and was getting thrashed in caves....and one of the party members hooked me up with it, it was a lot stronger than the wep I had, it was great, I still have it to this day, and wield it every once in a while to bring back good memories....ahhh

anyway, share some of your stories.....Legits rock...

CHEERS!
peace love and hair grease!!

Wes C. Attle HUmar Redria 186

Kadou
Sep 14, 2003, 06:17 PM
A saber +5. Note that I'm a FOmar, so it wasn't my first weapon. I would probably still have it, but I let a friend who was new to PSO borrow it and he accidentally sold it.http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

xHIGHONLIFEx
Sep 14, 2003, 06:23 PM
Saber+8 with 15/20/0/10... I miss that weapon...

Symbios
Sep 14, 2003, 06:29 PM
a cane 0/0/0/0!!!! thats what i started out with, and thats my first weapon!!!!

Nambrosia
Sep 14, 2003, 06:41 PM
JUSTY-23ST with 30% Native. I used it for a long time.. well into Ult, untill I got a Red Handgun, and then that got retired when I got a Bringer's Rifle http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif
Of course the Justy was a gift..
The wep I relied on before that was a
Heat Lockgun +22. I remember using it to kill Normal Olga Flow.. heh I couldn't even find a Railgun for a long time.. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif
and MagnumOpus, I live in the Purplenum section of Pioneer 2, not Ragol http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif so I'm not a ragolian. I only go to Ragol when I need to boost my Hunter's Level http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif Or look for elusive boxes, colored red of course http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

PABLOparavida
Sep 14, 2003, 06:52 PM
My first item was a Varsita. It was awesome!

Bill
Sep 14, 2003, 07:23 PM
It was like 6 months ago when i got PSOGC. Well anyways i was just lokking around on Normal looking for a better wep. I got to Level 24 or so and i was still in normal si i was like screw this im gonna look in hard mode. (the reason i didnt go to hard mode quicker is because i knew i would get my ass kicked). Well anywanys after i got to hard mode my sister-in-law came over and she was still playing PSODC and she was look cool can i make a character? I was like ok so she made a character, she was a purplenum or something. Well anyways she went to episode 2 to try it out there. I didnt know you could fight in EPII at the time i thought you really had to beat EPI. So i said That you cant fight anything there she asked if i was sure and i said Ya im sure. She said whatever. And she talked to that other guy Dan or whatever her assistants name is. I didnt bother talking to him. And when she did he said how to get down into VR. I was like "I Hate You". well when she got down there she found a photon drop right off the bat i was like cool. So after that she went to EPI got to the Dragon Beat him and in one of the boxes she found another Photon Drop i was like k whatever. Well she goes into the caves and in caves 1 the first room i think she finds Grass Assassins Arms i was trippin i was like SWEET! After she beat Caves she left. So i got onto mulit-mode and i stole the Grass Assassins Arms from her bank. So i started Doing Quests to get it turned into G-Assassins Sabers. I got there and i had to have 480 atp or so to use them. i was like damn. So i got into hard. I got all the way into ruins and somewhere in Ruins 2 i gave my Kama that last dimate and i had just enough atp to use G-Assassins Sabers. When i first saw me HUmar carrying those things (i had a Short HUmar) i thought he had a stick up his ass. Well i do some more quests and then i decide to do a forests run. There i found a Boomas Arm i was like !!!! so i get it turned into Boomas Claw i grind it to like +3. I though i was badass. I had a Boomas Claw with a Black Kama. So i go back and mess around in ruins then i go back to do a forest run and then. After i beat the Dragon right there i saw a red box. I was like My Musashi!! So i go untekk it it ended up with the stats 0/0/-5/0. At that time i didnt know about not believing the tekker so he would change the %. I done remember much after that all i remember is Fighting Hard Falz and switching from Mushashi to G-Assassins Sabers.

And back on PSODC v2

I started an Oran character. I didnt know Oran was a bad ID. And i remember using a Pallach (sp?) in the mines. You know fighting Vol Opt with it to. Well anyways you dont have to believe me but right there in ruins 1 on normal mode i found a Double Saber. That was my wep forever. Well i hit level 98 or so and i got online and when i played online i joined a game and someone saw i had a Double Saber and they gave me a Red Handgun. the reason they gave it to me was because offline forests i was doing 0 damage. and Shortly after they gave it to me i went offline with it and in forest 2 i found my own Red Hangun that was the most happiest moment in my life! WEll not Really. Anyways i went back online and i joined a Japannese game and i started playing with a RAcaseal (sp?) and some other Class. Anyways the onlything i can remember in that game was after we beat a boss we went back upto Pioneer 2 to tekk our items i had crappy stuff. But the RAcaseal (sp?) walked over to the right of the tekker and dropped a Blue Box and a Orange Box. I walk over to see what they are and the Blue Box was a Ranger Field and the Orange Box was a CHAIN SAWD!! i almost screamed out loud with joy! Anyways i go back to the Japannese Ships 1 week later and when i joined the team i saw some weapons in red letters. I didnt know they where S-Ranks. So i picked them up put them in my bank and went back onto the US Ships. I joined a game and they gave me a Telepipe which sent me to Caves 2 and i equipped the Red Lettered Weapons after 10 mins or so. The reason i didnt equip them sooner was because i was afraid of what would happen if i equipped them. So i did and they where normal weps kinda. Anyways i started making friends with cheaters. I was Legit all the way upto Lv. 116. Then i Quit Saved the game and to play another game. Ill never forget this, Because this is the reason i got PSOGC. I loaded up a level to fight in in Unreal Tournament and when i did it was like someone yanked the controllers out of my Dreamcast. I freaked out and shut my DC off. To this day i still can not remember what happened to my DC. All i know is that my DC got fucked over.

Well thats my story on my First wep. Sorry i started talking about other things!

EDIT: Changed my story to the Truth and not that lied on story earlier.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bill on 2003-09-14 18:03 ]</font>

Bill
Sep 14, 2003, 08:05 PM
Wow Sorry that story was so big!

vegeta000110
Sep 14, 2003, 08:42 PM
Since I forgot almost everything up to my first rare, I'll just tell you guys about that. Varista from a H Greenill Savage Wolf.

DOG21313
Sep 14, 2003, 09:20 PM
My first thing I got that I used for a long time were a pair of Shadow Daggers. I traded for them, ground them to +14. Actually, I might as well have just gotten regular daggers, cause at that time I didn't even know how to use a special...

My next main weapon was given to me, a Draw Buster +9. A friend had it and let me borrow it before De la Rol, I did 200 damage and thought I was cool...

And the first special weapon I ever found was a Flowens Sword, right after using Estilla on a pair of Hildes in hard mode. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

I still have all 3 of those today, and occasonially pull them out and play around (even the Shadow Daggers +14

TheDarkRaven
Sep 14, 2003, 11:45 PM
my first rare ever was the soul eater. I remember trying to kill Kireek with my buster+3. Ah yes, good times, good times.

Sunblast
Sep 15, 2003, 05:22 AM
Varista. Got it from killing a Pan Arms after it split. He dropped two. One with no percents, one with 15% Dark (Raised it to 25%). I still use the varista with % to Dark.

Nai_Calus
Sep 15, 2003, 05:35 AM
I don't remember what the -first- weapon I found was, but I remember finding a Handgun while I was still L1 and thinking it was cool that I had enough of whatever that ATA thing was to use it... >P I still like being able to use a Handgun at L1, untwinked. It just feels wrong if I don't have some option for ranged attack from L1. Probably why I don't like HUnnys or HUcasts. >P HUmars, HUcaseals, RAs and FOs all have a ranged attack option from L1, but not HUnnys and HUcasts. Mleh.

First rare weapon was technically a Breaker from a box in Normal Mines. LOL, even though I could use it and it was miles more powerful than anything else I had, I still wouldn't use it because even then I had my hatred of sword-types. XP First actual rare weapon was a DB's Saber in Hard Mines. I don't recall if I replaced it with a Pallasch or if I waited until I found a Gladius.

First rare I used extensively was a Red Partisan found in a random Addicting Food run. >P Fecking ORAN.

Olga-Rappy
Sep 15, 2003, 05:49 AM
Inferno Bazooka, from a Garanz on Hard, last room of Mines 2... My mag has 52 DE, so I equipped it immeaditly - believe me, there's not much funnier than watching a force blow Vol Opt to nuts and bolts with this HUGE Rocket Launcher. I nearly split my sides laughing.

Kunio
Sep 15, 2003, 05:59 AM
I used a Saber +7 for the longest time, man that was along time ago.

Sashi
Sep 15, 2003, 06:46 AM
Well, on the GC, I don;t remember my first good weap, but I remember my first rare item. It was a Rappy wing, back last year when Ver 1.0 came out. I found 2 on my first day of play. I felt so special, too. ^_^

TheTrueJanus
Sep 15, 2003, 05:43 PM
Well, the first weapon I really remember was given to me by a friend I had made the first time I came online (on GC, that is). Her and I adventured from 8:00 at night to 4:00 in the morning. We had been through so many battles in that time, doing Episode 1 on Hard about 5 times, then going to Episode 2 once. She asked what my best weapon was, I don't remember what it was, something like a crappy buster or something, but she gave me her treasured Claymore, which I still have to this day (it's attributes are 30/0/35/35). That sucker got me into Very Hard Ruins until I found my first rare, which I then used both the Claymore and that rare I had been searching for....the Gae Bolg. Once I got that Gae Bolg, I thought 'man, I am so freaking lucky and this weapon is so frickin sweet!'....then I soon found out the curse of Bluefull....that changed my mind quickly, lol.

Musashi-Slasher
Sep 15, 2003, 07:15 PM
Mine was a Thunder Dagger. But my first rare was a DBs Saber.

CGoodness
Sep 15, 2003, 07:18 PM
I used an autogun from caves 1 normal up to vhard jungle with my humar until i figured out that it sucks haha

then i found my first rare... varista and it went from there

andyrooleat
Sep 16, 2003, 07:49 AM
my first wep was a varista of a gilchic and i used it up till lvl 80 till my red h gun

MaxBuster
Sep 16, 2003, 12:47 PM
My first special on DC was a Varista. I remember I was doing Forest with 3 others and saw it and snatched it right away thinking it was so nice. Then I realized why the others didn't bother taking it.
For GC, the first special was a Booma's Claw. It's a very dumb weapon.