PDA

View Full Version : sumin weird

metermore
Sep 14, 2003, 06:56 PM
just the other day i was afraid i may corrupt so i wanted to move all weps to other memory card on FO.

so i was dopping weps offline and when i was done they had dissappered i lost alot same problem ne1?

Capricornus
Sep 14, 2003, 06:59 PM
On 2003-09-14 16:56, metermore wrote:
just the other day i was afraid i may corrupt so i wanted to move all weps to other memory card on FO.

so i was dopping weps offline and when i was done they had dissappered i lost alot same problem ne1?

The max amount of boxes you can deposit is 50.
Go over it and the first ones will disappear

St_Botchua
Sep 14, 2003, 08:24 PM
wow thats sucks do you lose the first 50 or do they re appear

Kent
Sep 15, 2003, 12:14 AM
There can only be a set number of items on the ground in the Pioneer 2, everybody has already known this since Version 1, and no, they don't reappear.

CGoodness
Sep 15, 2003, 06:52 PM
Yea, that sucks... my friends lost his frozen shooter that way

ginko990
Sep 15, 2003, 08:32 PM
if ur dropping the items offline, then just cold shut off your machine.

CGoodness
Sep 15, 2003, 08:53 PM
On 2003-09-15 18:32, ginko990 wrote:
if ur dropping the items offline, then just cold shut off your machine.

what?

Tenton
Sep 15, 2003, 09:09 PM
well it is in ur intruction booklet^.^ but i still make that mistake back in the dc day>.<

Nai_Calus
Sep 15, 2003, 10:35 PM
Yeah, offline turning off the GC, pulling the power plug out of the outlet, or just a plain soft reset will solve any problems you create while you play. I prefer soft reset because I don't have to try to get over and down to where the GC is.
Soft reset is the answer to many things, really.
Dropped too many things? Soft reset.
Don't like that colour of Mag on your new char? Soft reset.
Loaded up the game and accidentally sold your best rare? Soft reset.
Used a tech disk/mat/whatever you didn't mean it? Soft reset.
Mag farming while half asleep and gave it to the wrong character and it turned into the wrong rare Mag? Soft reset.
Accidentally completed that quest instead of failing it? Soft reset.
Etc.

Shina
Sep 16, 2003, 03:14 AM
Seems the Soft-Reset is the tool for mistakes then?

Sheik1
Sep 16, 2003, 03:31 AM
On 2003-09-16 01:14, Shina wrote:
Seems the Soft-Reset is the tool for mistakes then?

Yes. If you play offline mode then the game NEVER saves until you choose "quit" from the menu.

This is becuase unlike the anti-dupe measures necessary online (saving and opening the file for play) it is not necessary for offline. No one else can pick an item you dropped and then you can simply reset and have your item back.

Edit:
Um...I have actually ate a material (evade mat) that I did not want to with my FOnl ONLINE!!! My solution was to power off the GCN without a save. Sure I will loose all my items, but since I do not carry unequiped items I don't care. It will only cost me about 40,000 meseta to get restocked with trifluids and such. You could say I FSODed myself...but if it works, it works. Just make sure the game is not saving when you power off. That would be a bad bad thing.

So...if you make a mag feeding mistake or loose all your meseta to a boss accidently (happened to me but all the exp would be lost) you can simply soft reset or power off without any worrys. Heck, you can remove your memory card after your character data loads for offline play. The game does not attemt to access any data until you quit from the game.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sheik1 on 2003-09-16 01:34 ]</font>

ShadowFOrce
Sep 16, 2003, 04:26 PM
What is soft reset...

Nai_Calus
Sep 16, 2003, 04:33 PM
On 2003-09-16 14:26, ShadowFOrce wrote:
What is soft reset...

Hold start, B and X until the game resets.

PABLOparavida
Sep 17, 2003, 08:11 PM
that's terrible. I hope you get it back. I did something kind of stupid like that. i drop some items and I was organizing my bank and I quit the game cause I thought I was done but I forgot to pick up my item. I'm a retard!

Buuyon
Sep 19, 2003, 07:38 AM
heh yeah i put over 50 onb the ground before...oh well..well its the samer thign with weapon images...there is a set limit to weapon/armour/shiel/mag images aloud...so say you go online equip 10 weapons...other people might not beable to see there weapon and such...

Capricornus
Sep 19, 2003, 09:31 AM
On 2003-09-19 05:38, Buuyon wrote:
heh yeah i put over 50 onb the ground before...oh well..well its the samer thign with weapon images...there is a set limit to weapon/armour/shiel/mag images aloud...so say you go online equip 10 weapons...other people might not beable to see there weapon and such...

Excuse me?
Might wanna explain me that?

Nohra
Sep 19, 2003, 10:31 AM
What I usually do when I'm transferring items between characters online is grab a nearby friend and have them sit my game, even pick up my items as I drop them so I don't hit the 50 limit (rarely even drop that many items, since I only go to the bank 3 times at most, and I only have 14 slots free in my inventory. Curse my healing item hording ways!)

Just make certain that you know and trust this person. ~_~

Nohra
Sep 19, 2003, 10:34 AM
On 2003-09-19 07:31, Capricornus wrote:

Excuse me?

He's talking about multiequipping. What ST has done is set a number of 'entities' (displayble models) for players. In most cases, the limit is around 4 for each player (one for weapon, one for mag, one for armor, one for shield). So if someone multiequips and takes up, say, 8 of those entities for their weapons, that means that they're borrowing 7 models from everyone else. The good thing about the entity limit is that it cuts back on lag. The bad thing is, stuff disappears and makes you paranoid when someone multis. X)

Capricornus
Sep 19, 2003, 10:45 AM
On 2003-09-19 08:34, Nohra wrote:

On 2003-09-19 07:31, Capricornus wrote:

Excuse me?

He's talking about multiequipping. What ST has done is set a number of 'entities' (displayble models) for players. In most cases, the limit is around 4 for each player (one for weapon, one for mag, one for armor, one for shield). So if someone multiequips and takes up, say, 8 of those entities for their weapons, that means that they're borrowing 7 models from everyone else. The good thing about the entity limit is that it cuts back on lag. The bad thing is, stuff disappears and makes you paranoid when someone multis. X)

ic.
Thx learnt something new today.
Yeah I played with a multi equiper once, and that day I decided to quit playing with others and migrated to Alcyone (Challenge block)
No dupers and cheaters there, only nice and good players I met there so far.
I might reconsider playing normal games and leveling up again with others if I have enough guild cards of truly legit players, who actually also share the rares that are found (killing enemies from afar with a riffle and watching a nearby HU running away with it was never that fun http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Nohra
Sep 19, 2003, 10:51 AM
Arrr, yes, I'm still peeved over that Flowens Frame I was robbed of! >.<