PDA

View Full Version : Picky teachers

CGoodness
Sep 15, 2003, 07:11 PM
Ok its simple My Introduction to Business Applications teacher says I have a 99 in his class.... You know why? One assignment I got a 96 on because I accidentally put an extra space between two segments on a footer on it

argh

Bradicus
Sep 15, 2003, 07:37 PM
who cares?

i will let you decide if i am taking your side or bashing your topic.

Firocket1690
Sep 15, 2003, 07:38 PM

wasting forum space where other people can actually be ranting

To rant, you have to be a lot more pissed off http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
just be glad you already have an A http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

CGoodness
Sep 15, 2003, 07:41 PM
Im really mad cuZ im a geek

i want a 100

_Sinue_
Sep 16, 2003, 12:50 AM
Aw Christ... well there goes your scholarship to Harvard. >_<

Guile
Sep 16, 2003, 01:44 AM
On 2003-09-15 22:50, _Sinue_ wrote:
Aw Christ... well there goes your scholarship to Harvard. >_<

Ahahahahaha ahhhahaha ahhh that was a good one...
But yeah, you got a 99..so?!

ABDUR101
Sep 16, 2003, 11:01 AM
No use trying to be perfect, otherwise you'll be mad at yourself quite often. =)

What ever happened to saying "Yeah! I'm passing!" or "Woohoo! It's better than -next lowest grade or number- ".

CGoodness
Sep 16, 2003, 03:21 PM
On 2003-09-16 09:01, ABDUR101 wrote:
No use trying to be perfect, otherwise you'll be mad at yourself quite often. =)

What ever happened to saying "Yeah! I'm passing!" or "Woohoo! It's better than -next lowest grade or number- ".

I've always been one of the worst because I used to always be with my equally smart friends.... now im in the normal people classes and 99 isnt the best.. so it makes me mad haha

i need to compensate for my horrible Language grade anyways

-by the way... Johns Hopkins is where im going, not Harvard

Firocket1690
Sep 17, 2003, 09:25 AM
oh bleh ....
JH is wAyY too easy to get into ... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

I've been getting those Search for Talented Youth
thingies in my mail annualy after my state tests get back.

(98 average http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif)

Bradicus
Sep 17, 2003, 01:11 PM
we were talking about personification in english today. My teacher gave the folowing example:

"the waves licked her toes... can waves lick? Do they have big sloppy tongues? No... and if they did, no one would go into the ocean... unless you are one of those kinds of girls.."

0_o thats not very teacher-like is it?

ABDUR101
Sep 17, 2003, 01:30 PM
HAHAHA XD

Oh God. Made my day. I've heard worse from a teacher, but I'd rather have a teacher that is loose than some snobbish oldie that can't stand "the youth of today".

CGoodness
Sep 17, 2003, 08:43 PM
On 2003-09-17 07:25, Firocket1690 wrote:
oh bleh ....
JH is wAyY too easy to get into ... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

I've been getting those Search for Talented Youth
thingies in my mail annualy after my state tests get back.

(98 average http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif)

same here

only a 92 average

but i got a 960 on an SAT for them when I was in 7th grade haha

hollowtip
Sep 20, 2003, 07:44 PM
The people I hate the most are the ones that always say, "ah man I don't think I did very well" and the paper comes back with 45/50 in red ink. The kids that do their work always say that, and it pisses me off.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: hollowtip on 2003-09-20 17:44 ]</font>

CGoodness
Sep 20, 2003, 11:27 PM
I know what you mean

theres this girl in my grade who finished with a total average of 100 for the year and shes always like i think i failed the test and stuff like that its annoying

Shadow82
Sep 21, 2003, 12:07 AM
That's how you know who's smart and who's not though.The stupid kids accept that they will get crap grades,the middle smart kids don't say anything,and the smart ones try for modesty it seems and say things like that,even though they know they did well.

hollowtip
Sep 21, 2003, 03:25 PM
On 2003-09-20 22:07, Shadow82 wrote:
That's how you know who's smart and who's not though.The stupid kids accept that they will get crap grades,the middle smart kids don't say anything,and the smart ones try for modesty it seems and say things like that,even though they know they did well.

Well it's just being fake in my opinion.

starhealer
Sep 21, 2003, 05:51 PM
Not necessarily. My best friend is one of the smartest girls I've ever known but she seriously doubts her own intelligence--way more often than she should. We used to get mad at her for it, but it wasn't being fake.

She just had a self-depricating problem going on...

Bradicus
Sep 21, 2003, 09:34 PM
The best is when the smart ones actually get a 70, and freak out
smart kid- oh my god! a 78?
me- i beat the smart kid i beat the smart kid!!!
smart kid- My dad is going to kill me!
me- i beat the smart kid i beat the smart kid!!!
smart kid- *voice is choked up* now i'll never get into Duke!

-this was an actual conversation... but not the "i beat the smart kid" thing.. that was just in my head. I just nodded and looked sympathetic.

Shattered_weasel
Sep 21, 2003, 09:55 PM
uhhhhh i made a 70 once....i got $10 for it.....because i passed

im so smart

Shadow82
Sep 21, 2003, 09:57 PM
You know,I think a kid killed himself over a D on a project.

O_o

Jeez,people should know school's there for people to watch you sleep,damn.

Shattered_weasel
Sep 21, 2003, 09:58 PM
On 2003-09-21 19:57, Shadow82 wrote:
You know,I think a kid killed himself over a D on a project.

O_o

Jeez,people should know school's there for people to watch you sleep,damn.

agreed

MasterJoel
Sep 22, 2003, 11:04 PM
wow... its really sad that people use standardized tests (sat) or grades as an indicator for intellegence... some of the smartest people i know are poor test takers, and as one of the most intellegent people i know (or used to know... i don't have time for myself anymore, i hate you homework!), i continuously earned poor grades because i never applied myself. i barely passed 8th grade by the skin of my teeth and almost didn't graduate on time due to some issues with high school english classes (and my writing skills are pure genius too!). y'see, its all a matter of applying oneself. i'm way too lazy to earn a gpa higher than a 2.5, and my typing shows it... where are all my caps?! i fail!

i am such an attention whore sometimes... i need to complete my homework now. yeah, go me!

hollowtip
Sep 23, 2003, 11:52 PM
On 2003-09-22 21:04, MasterJoel wrote:
wow... its really sad that people use standardized tests (sat) or grades as an indicator for intellegence... some of the smartest people i know are poor test takers, and as one of the most intellegent people i know (or used to know... i don't have time for myself anymore, i hate you homework!), i continuously earned poor grades because i never applied myself. i barely passed 8th grade by the skin of my teeth and almost didn't graduate on time due to some issues with high school english classes (and my writing skills are pure genius too!). y'see, its all a matter of applying oneself. i'm way too lazy to earn a gpa higher than a 2.5, and my typing shows it... where are all my caps?! i fail!

i am such an attention whore sometimes... i need to complete my homework now. yeah, go me!

Well there are different forms of intelligence. For some people, school is right up there alley, and it doesn't take long at all for them to adapt to this type of environment. For others they may struggle but excel in other aspects (being street smart, humorous, common sense ect.)

CGoodness
Sep 24, 2003, 08:46 PM
On 2003-09-23 21:52, hollowtip wrote:
For others they may struggle but excel in other aspects (being street smart, humorous, common sense ect.)

theres my school right there

WOOHA! 800 POSTS!

mimicr
Sep 24, 2003, 08:50 PM
On 2003-09-24 18:46, CGoodness wrote:
theres my school right there

WOOHA! 800 POSTS!

You only think you have 800 posts...
When really you have...
uhm...
799!
HAAHAAHAHAHA!
anyway, that thing about the kid, and death, and the d is really scary...

MasterJoel
Sep 25, 2003, 01:01 AM
On 2003-09-23 21:52, hollowtip wrote:

On 2003-09-22 21:04, MasterJoel wrote:

Well there are different forms of intelligence. For some people, school is right up there alley, and it doesn't take long at all for them to adapt to this type of environment. For others they may struggle but excel in other aspects (being street smart, humorous, common sense ect.)

y'know, as much as i agree with you, my career development teacher noted this: after the first assignment, he could always look at his grade and know exactly what the teacher wanted. he would get straight As, but he doesn't think he learned as much as those who got Cs...

the originator of this post, no offense to you, may not be as smart as people will assume by looking at his gpa.

CGoodness
Sep 25, 2003, 03:26 PM
On 2003-09-24 23:01, MasterJoel wrote:
[quote]

the originator of this post, no offense to you, may not be as smart as people will assume by looking at his gpa.

Im not in college... 9th grade

my overall average is 93.201

yes not as good as most people would imagine

Firocket1690
Sep 25, 2003, 05:30 PM
Bitch whines all weekend (on AIM) about her test we took on Friday....

On Tuesday, we got our tests back and she got a 103
and she went nuclear because she didn't get
full Extra Credit (+5)

CGoodness
Sep 25, 2003, 09:37 PM
On 2003-09-25 15:30, Firocket1690 wrote:
Bitch whines all weekend (on AIM) about her test we took on Friday....

On Tuesday, we got our tests back and she got a 103
and she went nuclear because she didn't get
full Extra Credit (+5)

I once failed a test including the extra credit lol

59+5=64 lol

i was grounded

it got me kicked out of honors social studies

MasterJoel
Sep 25, 2003, 11:18 PM
On 2003-09-25 13:26, CGoodness wrote:

On 2003-09-24 23:01, MasterJoel wrote:
[quote]

Im not in college... 9th grade

my overall average is 93.201

yes not as good as most people would imagine

my sister had amazing gpas... i do the entire college thing too, but, like most colleges, we still use the 4.0 scale... i think i have a 2.85 at the moment... not that anyone cares...

is the 93.201 out of a scale of 100? if so, that is amazing! don't be so hard on yourself on the grades. they really are unimportant.

CGoodness
Sep 26, 2003, 08:55 PM
On 2003-09-25 21:18, MasterJoel wrote:
is the 93.201 out of a scale of 100? if so, that is amazing! don't be so hard on yourself on the grades. they really are unimportant.

well, I've been competing with all of the other wicked awesome students since I can remember and I've always been near the bottom with 92-like grades... Most of my friends have 95-99

my grade dropped a lot last year because I failed math one marking period it was funny.. my math grades were

95 92 90 89 63 95 haha

i had some trouble in the 5th marking operiod

Firocket1690
Sep 27, 2003, 02:33 AM
o_O

_Ted_
Sep 27, 2003, 02:41 AM
This forum here is weird, you guys are kinda nutz here.

CGoodness
Sep 27, 2003, 08:57 AM
What makes us "nutz" exactly?