PDA

View Full Version : PSO makes my Gamecude all skippy-like.

CGoodness
Sep 15, 2003, 09:22 PM
I've noticed that when I play PSO, My Gamecube randomly makes the game do what looks like skipping. It makes a sound like a music CD skipping and the screen does a little wierd jumpy thing i cant describe... can anyone explain this to me or do I have to try again to explain it?

EDIT: Sweet! 1500th topic in this forum!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: CGoodness on 2003-09-15 19:23 ]</font>

Rich_T
Sep 16, 2003, 12:51 PM
Is this just PSO, and nothing else?
it could be a dodgy disk.

Kamatz
Sep 16, 2003, 01:26 PM
Yeah, take your disk out and look at it under a light. Notice any scratches or imperfections on the disk surface? Data side, of course. If you do, you have two options...
1)Return the damaged disk and make them give you a new one.
2)Go out and buy a Game Doctor, and run the disk through that.

I can promise #2 will not be a disappointment. I bought one of those and have had no regrets. It's saved my DC pso disk twice and countless data CDs.
Something of note if you use it on Gamecube disks, though, is that since they're only 1/2 the diamater of a standard CD you need to keep a finger or some support under the disk as you're running it through cleaning, just to be sure you avoid bending or cracking the disk. Also, afterwards, you have to be sure and buff the disk off, otherwise you're going to get errors about the CG not being able to read the disk.

Basically, following the instructions that come with it and you should be fine. ^-^

CGoodness
Sep 16, 2003, 03:34 PM
I just looked at my disc and its fine... This happens with MLB slugfest 20-03 also

Butoden
Sep 22, 2003, 11:01 AM
Yeahyeah, there were topics on this before. Try Forum Searches. Everyone should have this, it's because the GameCube is so fast, it needs to slow down the CD to read http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif No seriously, I only have this with the Introduction Movies http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif But that's acceptable. Is it during gameplay with you too??

capin_bucky_ohair
Sep 22, 2003, 07:36 PM
I get the same thing execpt at any random time my gamecube will actually lock up on me i think it's my disk it seems have been happing for a while like back in June when i first got online with my game and gamecube I might get game doctor cause my game does have stratches so hopefully that will be the answer to my problems

capin_bucky_ohair
Sep 24, 2003, 06:49 PM
Well I found out it's my cube and not my cd, I browed my brother's cube to test if it was my cd. But found out it is not so I will be using his till I can get another gamecube guess I will not be getting another Indigo gamecube again perhaps silver or something.