PDA

View Full Version : Item: Frozen Shooter vs Snow Queen

toxic_420
Sep 16, 2003, 10:00 AM
what do you guys prefer? ive heard the frozen shooter is good, but a bit weak. ive heard the snow queen freezes more often, penetrates enemies, but doesnt combo.
bottom line is:
is it worth upgrading the frozen shooter to a snow queen?

edit:i have a cure/freeze btw

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: toxic_420 on 2003-09-16 08:16 ]</font>

Anisha__J-Hunter
Sep 16, 2003, 10:13 AM
Both have it's use.

Using a Queen you will have difficulties with high EVP enemies like IllGill, Merikle, DelDepth.

Frozen Shooter definetely better for Tower Runs. While Snow is very cool for Missions like Endless 4 and it also hits bosses in multiple hit locations

Ketchup345
Sep 16, 2003, 02:16 PM
Many people believe that Frozen Shooter is better in Episode 1, and Snow Queen in Episode 2. They are both useful, though. Also with the 3 hit combo, won't the Frozen Shooter do more damage?

Many people also say its best to have one of each. So if you can, find another and upgrade one of them.

eXo
Sep 16, 2003, 04:09 PM
Yes i agree you should have one of each,but only make the SQ if you have the shooter first. Because the queen takes some getting use to before its really great http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

PABLOparavida
Sep 16, 2003, 04:44 PM
Snow Queen is a lot better.

Logical2u
Sep 16, 2003, 04:48 PM
Frozen Shooter combos, so it can hit the enemies with lower ATA on your character. The Snow Queen freezes more, and is stronger, but the combo is better I think.

edwinsu
Sep 16, 2003, 04:49 PM
yes the frozen shooter does more damager per combo HOWEVER that is to only one target. its not hard to set up a room to where all you have to do is turn around and hit [b]ALL[b] they enemies at once. Snow Quenn is much better for lvling however Frozen Shooter is better for battle until they go and get a cure/freeze ^_^

-edwinsu-

Aphrodite2003
Sep 16, 2003, 05:28 PM
Whe using my SQ, I can barely hit more then 2 enemies. They both have to be like touching to hit. I can only hit 2 enemies bebhind each other too, so I dont really like the SQ. I could be aiming wrong, but I have tried different positions many times. Does the height of your character have anything to do with how it penetrates? My Racast is pretty tall, so he has to aim down a lot at things. Hmmmm......

Dbc
Sep 16, 2003, 05:33 PM
You just have bad aim, even if the shot says "miss" it still has a chance of freezing them.

Genoa
Sep 16, 2003, 06:03 PM
Froozen Shooter... Why can't Skyly find it! I mean it is a Rifle Right???

eXo
Sep 17, 2003, 12:07 AM
Well overall its a matter of apples and oranges.

Zarana
Sep 17, 2003, 02:37 AM
I would never use a Snow Queen. Ever. Mobs of enemies are better off just being paralyzed by a Spread Needle, or heaven forbid hit by a freeze trap. But with the big enemies, minibosses, Bringers, Belras, Baranz, the ones you really need to freeze and keep frozen, there's no contest. A whole combo can keep these enemies in place indefinitely, while one hit leaves them room to escape or get an attack in.

edwinsu
Sep 17, 2003, 03:47 AM
well for someone fortunate enough to have a spread needle then go right ahead and use it. as for me and my god/battle and cure/freeze i'll stick to my snow queen.

-edwinsu-

toxic_420
Sep 17, 2003, 11:28 AM
hmmm, six votes to five. ill wait til this topic drops off the top, then take that as the final result. thanks for all the opinions and stuff guys!!

edit: keep voting pls!! its tied at 7 all!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: toxic_420 on 2003-09-18 06:20 ]</font>