PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Galaxies.

AndyPandy
Sep 16, 2003, 10:26 AM
I was just wondering if anyone here plays it. Ive just imported a copy from America, looks pretty damn amazing to be. I think this game will be consuming my life real soon....that and work. I think you really start to realise how olddatedsimple PSO is when you see this. I think this game is probably the only thing that can cure my addiction of PSO Ep 1 and 2. I tried the trial of PSO CARD battle...it didnt help.

Celestial
Sep 16, 2003, 12:40 PM
i got it but i dont think its that much fun... of course i play as one of the boring classes, dancer

Hunter4life
Sep 16, 2003, 02:14 PM
I got it and I think its awesome. It gets a bit laggy in cities but its really alot of fun. Just make sure you don't plan any social events for the next couple weeks, it'll have you hooked.

Nidarrock
Sep 16, 2003, 02:16 PM
I have it and yes it is very time consuming. In one sense it is boring, but in another I'm enjoying the slow pace of the game. I made sure to pick skills that would be more "fun" to do in the long run. But the game gives you the opportunity to change you skills so it makes for players to try different things. Have fun and may the Force be with you.

geewj
Sep 16, 2003, 03:07 PM
I have it. It's a great game.

Some of the experience goes pretty slow (damn you combat exp!) but I still very much enjoy it. There is a lot of customization in the skills that most people don't see.

Kent
Sep 16, 2003, 03:19 PM
SOE screwed that game up, it's one of the most repetative games I've played and gets boring extremely fast. It's really too bad they don't know what they're doing, they messed up an otherwise good game concept.

Para
Sep 16, 2003, 04:48 PM
Wow looks better than SwG

BogusKun
Sep 16, 2003, 04:53 PM
I don't like Star Wars AT ALL....

...But the kotor and galaxies are cool.

raiden999
Sep 19, 2003, 10:10 PM
My brother picked it up recently, and I will say it's pretty cool, but would be better if I could ever find somone to play with...

Nidarrock
Sep 20, 2003, 10:09 PM
On 2003-09-19 20:10, raiden999 wrote:
...but would be better if I could ever find somone to play with...

I hear you loud and clear.

Shattered_weasel
Sep 20, 2003, 10:52 PM
try playing the game with 749mhz. I dare ya

Ultra-Peepi
Sep 21, 2003, 10:39 AM
I have it and I like it. But then I switched back to dial-up...http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif Now it's extremely slow and I lose connection every time I play, but besides that it's pretty fun.

AndyPandy
Sep 23, 2003, 06:29 AM
Well, ive been playing this game for 3 days now. WOW, it totally rocks, superb. Everything about it is superb, and its gonna get better and better by the looks of the official website. I found it tough going for a while, the complexity of it all, but ive choosen to be a wookie brawler, and its fun fun fun. I have now made a couple of mates, and we go hunting together, which makes it a lot more fun. Anyway, if your a Star Wars fan I would recommend it, just make sure you have a top spec PC and Broadband, this sucker can make even the best computers out there struggle. I think its well worth an upgrade to play it though. Heh, there is always new stuff being added, and the scale of the worlds and what you can do is amazing. Hell, you can go see Jabba if you want. Lol, this has totally put into perspective what a con the PSO subscription is.

Here is a pic of me....early days. I can usually be found camping out near Jabba's Palace.

http://www.directmultimedia.co.uk/pics/Star Wars/pic1.jpg

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AndyPandy on 2003-09-23 04:42 ]</font>

Nidarrock
Sep 23, 2003, 06:01 PM
Just curious as to what server you are on? For the moment I just got into Architect and on the verge of Teri Kasi novice.

geewj
Sep 23, 2003, 07:24 PM
I'm on Crobantis. About half way to Teras Kasai Master.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Prof_Frink on 2003-09-23 17:24 ]</font>

Shattered_weasel
Sep 23, 2003, 07:39 PM
im on Lagsylvania

Nidarrock
Sep 23, 2003, 10:23 PM
haha, good one. Well I'm on Tarquinas.

AndyPandy
Sep 24, 2003, 03:18 PM
Im on Tempest...Im only a novice at the mo though.